Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Buick LaCrosse HeadLights Start and Stop Working

GMWeary2GMWeary2 Member Posts: 1
edited December 2019 in Buick
Ashen the head light stops working I’ll slap my hand on it and it sometimes work. Then the other head light did the same thing and now the first one stopped working. I can see one lamp with a loose connection but both? Is there something else wrong. I checked and no recalls on the car.

Answers

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Slapping the headlight itself? Consider that the car is 12 years old and there COULD be corroded connections or wires, and that kind of thing might easily affect both sides as they are the same age
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    Agree.

I'd suspect the filament in the bulb itself has cracked. Vibration causes it to make contact again for a while, but eventually the crack opens. Replace that bulb.

Or the connector on the back of the bulb that the bulb plugs into has corrosion on the contacts.

Other than the wiring and connectors at the bulbs, the only other suspect might be relays in the fuse/relay box under the hood. IIRC, there may be separate relays for the

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,