Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2005-'08 Ford Escape Hybrid Recalled for Stalling Problem | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2017 in Ford
image2005-'08 Ford Escape Hybrid Recalled for Stalling Problem | Edmunds.com

Ford is recalling 70,209 2005-'08 Ford Escape Hybrid and 2006-'08 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUVs because of a problem that could lead to stalling.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jvhawaiijvhawaii Member Posts: 1
    Hello Sir/ Maam, I have a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid. I replaced the coolant fan on Dec 15th 2015. I now have an electrical problem with my power steering module or gear box. The mechanic at Ford has told me the module is arcing. As per the story it says this may cause overheating in the electrical system. Does anyone think like me that the recall and the faulty "electrical module could be related? Aloha Jack
  • Options
    reegalbereegalbe Member Posts: 1
    I have 2008 ford escape hybrid with code p1A0C hybrid powertrain control module engine disable, only this code is set and red triangle on and stop safely now message, somebody have idea what could be wrong, i will apreciate any help, thanks
  • Options
    speedwaycarsspeedwaycars Member Posts: 2
    same above
  • Options
    speedwaycarsspeedwaycars Member Posts: 2
    2008 ford escape hybrid has the red died triangle on
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    Does it run at all at this time? The code means that the ICE (gasoline engine) stalled, diagnostics would concentrate on why the engine is stalling or failing to start.