Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Paint Defects

like_dodge_butlike_dodge_but Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Dodge
Has anybody here experienced a problem with the
Dodge Ram (truck) 1500 series where the paint is
separating from the primer? I own a 1996 Dodge and
about 2-3 months ago the paint suddenly started
flaking off in big "chunks". I now have locations
(roof, hood, door pillars) with 2-7" spots that
are continuing to grow at a rapid rate.
I spoke with Chrysler and they directed me to my
local dealer. The dealer said they would pay for
1/2 of the AFFECTED areas (which are still
continuing to grow!!) This to me is not
acceptable......Anybody have any similar problems??
I have found no recalls on such a
problem.....Please, HELP!!!

Comments

• pat455pat455 Member Posts: 603
    Did you happen to see our active topic on Paint and Body Care? You should probably take a look through the posts there to see if your problem has been discussed. But if not, that would be the best place in this conference for your question.

You can think of Town Hall as a social gathering where a lot of folks are hanging out discussing their thoughts and views on lots of different topics. Usually, you will get a lot better response if you join an existing conversation rather than start up a whole new one to no one in particular.

The easiest way to find a topic to join is to use the Topic Search feature on the left side of the page. Look for one keyword at a time until you find something appropriate, current and in the conference that appears to you to be the best place for your thoughts or questions. For example, if you do a search on Ram you should find lots of active conversations about your truck in our Pickups Conference.

Good luck!

Pat
    Community Leader/Maintenance & Repair Conference
This discussion has been closed.