Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Tiburon ?

ricksmithricksmith Member Posts: 1
edited February 2014 in Hyundai
Thinking of buying one.. actually signing
a contract for an FX tomorrow... Anyone have
any reasons why I should not ?? I have the
reasons I should... FAST, nice handler, built
well, tight transmission, nice looking, price
is right with the current 2,000 deductible.

help me out!

Comments

• Options
    nickynicky Member Posts: 1
    You're one step ahead of me - I'm going to the dealer next month for an FX. I have read mostly very good reviews about this beautiful car but have yet to meet anyone who owns one.
    You will probaby own your Tib when you read this: how was your experience at the dealers'? Are you 100% happy you took the step? Where did you here about this 2K deductible (or did you buy a 1997 model?)
    Prices and rebates are different here in Canada, but the car is the same and I WANT ONE! Your experience can give me good ideas on how to handle the purchase (it's my first time buying a car...) BTW, I want to do a 24-month lease on the FX. Good idea, bad idea?
    So, should I go ahead and do it?...
    Hoping for a reply soon!
  • Options
    mznmzn Member Posts: 727
    We've got a lot of information here on the site, including an Edmund's Review of the Tiburon that I think you'll find useful. This information may help you weigh the lease/purchase decision. And please, come back and let us know what you decide to do!
  • Options
    dlbrowndlbrown Member Posts: 1
    I bought a '97 Tiburon FX loaded almost a year ago
    and It's been great. I have had zero problems, it's just as tight and rattle free as it was last year. You should feel confident with your purchase
  • Options
    jolenjolen Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at buying a Hyundai Tiburon. I love the car, but I have never heard anything good about Hyundai and reliability. Has anything changed? Advice?
  • Options
    bnormannbnormann Member Posts: 335
    I'm getting conflicting info on whether this is a coupe or a hatch. Is the rear window part of the trunk (hatch) lid? THAT's what I call a hatch.

There is room for disagreement, particularly if you are responsible for marketing the car. Accura calls their 2 door hatch a 3 door coupe.
  • Options
    jjayjjjayj Member Posts: 7
    The Tiburon is really a hatchback.
    The back window is a part of the trunk.
    After the past saga (see topic 245 in coupes forum), the car seems to be running fine.
    Just had the 15,000 oil change and tire rotation.
  • Options
    HFitzHFitz Member Posts: 13
    Then wouldn't that make the Camaro a hatch too? manuf. calls it a coupe. But the back window is part of the trunk. Hmmmm
  • Options
    bnormannbnormann Member Posts: 335
    To amplify my earlier definition on "What constitutes a hatch??"

If you can open the hatch and drop a (NIB) New-in-Box 40" color TV in the rear compartment then ""THAT'S A HATCH""

Bruce. Edmunds host
  • Options
    tiburontiburon Member Posts: 2
    it is a hatchback, and could have been built as one, but I am glad they didn't. It has very spacious cargo space because of the hatchback configeration. If it were a coupe, the only difference would be that you couldn't fit as large things into the back. But the car is called the Hyundai Coupé here in Europe and Australia. I have had mine for a year next month, and would buy one again (and will come next design). For more info check out my site at:http://www.rhi.hi.is/~kthr I am constantly improving it, so chech back again
  • Options
    Matty98Matty98 Member Posts: 2
    are there any tiburon owners here?\
This discussion has been closed.