Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler LHS

Comments

• carnutpacarnutpa Member Posts: 42
    One more thing, you mentioned you switched over from a '94 Lincoln Continental. I switched from a '95 Lincoln Continental. I wonder how many Lincoln owners are switching to the LHS. At about $10,000 to $12,000 less and .9% financing, I decided to make the switch. I had a '94 LHS before the Lincoln (lots of problems with that one). What cars did everyone switch from?
  • marshmallowmarshmallow Member Posts: 17
    My prior inquiry was #369. I'd like to hear about problems with your 1994 LHS. At this point, we're not planning on buying another Chrysler because of steering/front end problems that have been ongoing since day one. Also, we're not happy with having to wear earplugs as we travel down the highway. The road noise is much more than we bargained for. We are looking at a Marquis as a possible next vehicle. Please advise about problems with your 1994. Thanks so much.
  • clu1clu1 Member Posts: 2
    I am considering buying the LHS, the problem is that I was considering the 300M and only get double speak when I ask the dealer the difference. He tells me if I am really macho, I'll like the 300M. I think it is a little "kid" looking for me, what is this LHX? Does this take the LHS and make it a Gen-X car. What features over either the LHS or 300M should I look for and when will it be available in the market. I am prepared to wait through the end of this model year, but am moving out of a '95 Mercury with 219987 miles and am getting nervous.
  • clu1clu1 Member Posts: 2
    Added Question: I am a California buyer, should I be able to get a deal at $300-$400 over invoice
  • copperhead1copperhead1 Member Posts: 157
    The LHX,will be the next LHS generation,the car will be much more luxurious,refine,different style,and maybe a HEMI V-8 RWD.
    So I think you should buy now the 2000 LHS,and wait until 2003 to have the LHX,anyway the LHS is beautiful and a good car,it has a lot of class!
  • boilerpeteboilerpete Member Posts: 18
    I traded my 1995 LHS for a 2000. The 95 had 52K miles and no problems. It still ran great and looked good. Only reason I traded was the great looks of the new one and I got two new toys, moon roof and CD player. Car previous to 95 was a 90 Lincoln Continental. What a dog that was. Blew a head gasket at 60K. Real problem was that in warm weather it would just quit running on the open road. Call a tow truck and by the time it got there it would start up. Drive to dealer. Couldn't find a problem and off again for another dose of the same. New LHS is a great car. No road vibration in the gas pedal on mine and no pits in chrome wheels. It has 6k miles. I got it in Jan. It was a demo with 3.8k when I got it.
  • marsha7marsha7 Member Posts: 3,703
    do you have any other future info regarding the LH cars? Changes to the 300m and Intrepid? Maybe give the 300M 325 hp V8, so the Intrepid can be much "lower" with, say, a 275hp V6, 28mpg, 0-60 in 6 seconds? Just add larger outside mirrors and memory seat to Intrepid. Can you tell I am trying to upgrade the Intrepid to all that I want, but still keep it $5,000 less than 300M? You will grant my wish, Aladdin?
    Cinderella,remember sometimes wishes comes true!!

Just remember,after midnight everything will become reality.
  • mcgreenxmcgreenx Member Posts: 179
    Just turned 10k on my Y2K LHS leased in October, shiny wheels, CD changer, no hole in roof. Only problem: window wind noise at 70+mph. Dealer still can't figure out how to program the radio so the time is displayed when the radio is off (owner's manual say to ask dealer to do it!!!) I've owned a number of U.S. "luxury" cars, de Ville, Continental, STS, but none better than the LHS, which is far and away the best value in its class, IMHO, at least $10k less than the current STS. Great road car, solid, handles well, HUGE trunk, if that's as important to you as it is to me, and very comfortable. Can be noisy on certain road surfaces, but since it is very quiet on others, I am inclined to think other cars would also be noisy on that particular surface, but I have no basis for an A-B comparison. The only thing I've had to to in 10k is change oil and rotate tires. BTW, I'm getting about 21.5 mpg in city/expressway driving, based on computer readouts. All in all, so far a great car. Also BTW, until I read the discussion above about an auto-leveler, I hadn't realized it didn't have one. Obviously, if one were to carry heavier loads than I do, it would be nice, but I haven't missed it.
  • marsha7marsha7 Member Posts: 3,703
    The last time I stayed up til midnight I was magically transformed into a pumpkin!!!

But, if I can count on you as my Fairy Godmother (just a phrase, not an orientation) I will always seek your posts, loaded with sweet information.

Thanks for responding.

Bob
  • anthony56anthony56 Member Posts: 6
    I purchased a 1996 Chrysler LHS with 46,000 miles last fall. Shortly after I bought the car I noticed a rumbling or growling noise that periodically came from under the hood. This usually occurs as you first start moving forward, after shifting from reverse to drive, although it can happen any time when first moving forward. The noise only lasts for an instant and there is a hint of vibration with it. At night it appears that the headlights dim slightly when the noise occurs. The Chrysler dealer has been unable to locate the cause and the factory power train warranty expires in mid August. Anyone had a similar problem with this model?
  • fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    anthony56-

Could it be the AC compressor kicking in???

fastdriver
    You can count on me!
    Take care,and have a nice weekend.
  • norbertenorberte Member Posts: 6
    I posted in #371 about vibration on gas pedal on my 2000 LHS. I guess it was on some rough services. On smooth roads, I don't get it. I probably was looking at this new vehicle with microscope and noticed all these things.

Well, something I missed that was in my 95 New Yorker is the double sun visor. Chrysler did away with it!!! Why?? Now I have to swing the visor back and forth when the sun is low.

Another design change is that they did away with the valet key. Also, the trunk release button is now outside of the glove box. You cannot lock the glove box and thus locks the trunk as well when valet park the car. Well, with the hole opened between the passenger compartment and the trunk. They probably figure that the trunk security is not there anymore, so why bother locking the release button and providing a valet key.

I love the ride of this car. It is great. It certainly is a lot of car with the bells and whistles for the $.
  • njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    Picked one up yesterday. 28 days from factory order to dealer delivery. Everything works, quiet smooth ride, good acceleration, understated luxury. No vibration or shimmying up to 85 mph. Want to see if I can get the fog light bulbs in 55 watt rather than the factory 40 watt.
  • starfire2starfire2 Member Posts: 9
    I'm considering buying a 1997 LHS for $10488. It has about 55k miles and it is loaded. (Leather, sunroof, etc.) I've driven it but I haven't even haggled over the price yet so I might even be able to get them to go lower on the price. Any comments on the performance/reliability/driveability of the 97 LHS would be most appreciated. Also, (this is a dumb question) I know that a lot of luxury cars require premium fuel. With the abominable gas prices of today, does the 97 LHS command premium fuel? Thanks in advance for any input : )
    On April 17, I posted an inquiry regarding TOTAL loss of steering in my '94 LHS. No response. Again on April 22, I inquired and no response. I simply can't believe that with the problems we've had with our car that ours is an isolated incident. With the recalls on all LHS vehicles over the years, there has to be people out there who have had front end clunking noises, squeaks, etc. but yet no one is addressing my question. All I am reading is how wonderful the styling of the LHS is and how understated the luxury is for the money. Hello!!! Don't you get what you pay for? If you are having road noise, pedal vibration, etc., ask yourself if you would have this in a Lincoln or Cadillac. Would the bolts have sheared off on the rack and pinion of a Lincoln or Caddy or any other "luxury" vehicle? I think not. Also, before any of you who are really ga-ga over the LHS go out and buy one, why don't you mosey on back to the service department and catch one of the mechanics standing outside having a smoke and ask him what kind of repairs he regularly makes on the LHS. We have had more than one mechanic tell us to never buy a Chrysler product without buying an extended warranty. Enough said.
  • hijinxhijinx Member Posts: 7
    It *is* possible that you're the only one that has had problems like that. Is it likely? Probably not. Is it likely that, if anyone has had problems like that, they haven't posted here? Probably so.

Insofar as getting what you pay for, hey, it's a $30k car. It's NOT a Cadillac or Lincoln; it's in the "near luxury" segment. And every car has its problems. Every car. No car is perfect.

Plus, your problems dealt with an older LHS, and lots of people are looking at newer models anyway.

Paul
    Ref #394.

The 94 LHS was on the recall list for the chassis bracket. I think the recall notice did mentioned that the added bracket was to fix the problem that may affect steering. My 93 Concord was on the recall list. However, my 95 New Yorker was not affected. The recall said that 93 - 95 LH cars. I got one for the 93 Concord, one for my 94 Intrepid, but none for the 95 New Yorker. The dealer looked up the VIN, and said that car was not on the recall list. So they probably fixed the problem for the later 95 model.
    As far as clunking noise is concerned, I did experienced that on the 95 New Yorker. The noise was not there when the weather was cold! The steering components were tight. I did not spend any time finding out where. I was thinking of trading it in anyway. I traded it for a 2000 LHS. The 93 Concord is now making that clunking noise. I need to find out what the problem is. My son is driving it now. It had the recall service done already. Anyone knows what that clunking noise may be? It comes from the front bottom.
    Thanks for your reply. In regard to the 1996 LHS rumbling noise (#388) the AC compressor may be causing the noise, but could the power steering pump also be high on the list of suspects?
    anthony56-

I don't know. I'm no mechanic. Try this site. http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov Click on problems and issues and then on TSB's. Put in your model car and you'll see a list of the TSB's that have the number that your Chrysler dealer CAN look up on their computers to see the full details of the bulletin.

fastdriver
  • sendthetowsendthetow Member Posts: 1
    I have a 94 LHS, bought it with 50,000 miles on it. I've had to re-do the transmission, replace the water pump, radiator, timing belt, a/c compressor, and a circuit board that controls the a/c system (the problem here was that the a/c would blow full hot, full fan, without anyone touching the controls. Part- approx $425, labor additional). Chrysler stinks. I've owned three Chryslers in the past three years (I presently own the LHS and a 95 Lebaron, and had a 90 Acclaim). The transmissions are famous for needing replaced- I put one in the Acclaim as well. You're right, mechanics tell me to stay away from Chrysler. To quote one, "The first part of Chrysler is cry". When I dump these two, I'll never own another Chrysler. Although I will admit, they are nice looking. I might buy one for a lawn ornament, but never again for transportation.
  • jeffar2jeffar2 Member Posts: 5
    It is one thing to try a chrysler product, in my case a 300M. You find out it is a piece of crap ( many, many repairs within a year) and get rid of it while losing a substantial amount of money. It's another to keep going back for more abuse...I just don't get it. Chrysler products don't look that good!
    I started buying Chryslers after having a bad experience with a General Motors product and an arrogant GM dealer. I can say from personal experience that Chryslers are not "great cars", just average. I have gotten respectable service out of the three I have purchased, which were top of the product line. And the Chrysler dealer has been polite and relatively honest. My recently acquired '96 LHS (#388) has done pretty well but I do wonder about it's long term reliability. If it gives me too much trouble or causes a big financial hit, Chrysler will be on my bad list just like General Motors.
    fastdriver

Thanks for your reply regarding the NHTSA web site. I uncovered some interesting data although instead of solving the noise problem I may have unearthed additional difficulties. Under the consumer complaints division were listed numerous items about steering system problems and failures. When I read what "marshmallow" had posted (#394) I had assumed a steering problem for this model was an aberration. I am not so sure of that any more. I am now glad the dealer did not fix that noise the first (or second) time since it allowed me to discover this other potential problem. Also, according to Edmunds, I have lost $4000 in nine months to add insult to injury.
    After reading your posting regarding the NHTSA, I went to their web site and posted a message regarding my loss of steering on my 94 LHS. I don't know what to expect in the line of an answer or inquiry from them though.

I have not heard anything yet from my local dealer (it's now been one month) but I'm also not expecting a quick answer. I doubt Chrysler is real anxious to admit there is a problem with the strength of these bolts. (Wouldn't it just be like a big corporation to ignore the power of the Internet!)

After surfing the NHTSA web site, it is interesting to note two other complaints of loss of steering. I know, you all are saying but that's only three LHS's with this problem. However, I can't believe this is that isolated of an incident. We also had squeaks, creaks, and clunks in the front end before the rack and pinion was replaced at 47K miles with a new one (not remanufactured). Now with yet a third NEW rack and pinion in this vehicle, I'm happy to be dealing with my original problem of squeaks, creaks, and clunks. I truly believe at 47K miles, for warranty purposes, they wanted us to go away and tightened every bolt they could find to get rid of the noises and have tightened these two bolts beyond their intended strength. I think the shearing off of the two and only bolts in the rack and pinion should be cause for concern of EVERY Chrysler owner.

I'll keep you all posted - that is unless you're all sick and tired of hearing about my problem.
  • oberfieldwebeloberfieldwebel Member Posts: 52
    I traded a 1992 Ford Explorer in on my 2000 LHS. The Explorer was terminal and I could not have retailed it without spending a lot to repair it, so it was traded. The Explorer is a truck and the LHS is a luxury sedan, so there is no reasonable comparison.

My LHS now has 3035 miles on it and it is better than the day I took delivery. The wheels are bright and the finish is excellent. When I took my LHS in for the 3000 mile service all it required was the standard oil change and inspection - no problems!

I wonder how much better my LHS would be if it were fitted with Michelin Sports instead of the GoodYears.
    BUY IT!!!!
    I love mine.
  • acco20acco20 Member Posts: 211
    Buy it... I love mine.
    I saw many talks about front end clunking noise on some of the earlier LH model cars. I experienced that on my 95 New Yorker right before I traded it in at 82K miles. I spoke to a mechanics who works for a Chrysler dealer. He said the most common source of clunking noise in the front end is the worn out stablizer bar link, which ties the front stablizer bar to the strut.
    The only problem I had with my 95 New Yorker was a leaky water pump at about 65K miles. It was a very reliable car for me. I had the timing belt replaced at the same time the water pump was replaced. The additional cost was not that bad, since they already had the timing belt cover taken off to get to the water pump. The timing belt drives the water pump in the 3.5L engine. It is the same for 99 and 2000 3.5L engine in the LHS and 300M.

I have my 2000 LHS for a month now. Love it.
  • dhgiiidhgiii Member Posts: 5
    I owned a '94 LHS. It treated me well for 101,000 miles with only two repairs.... neither costing over $300.

I started looking at the 300M when it first appeared in '98, thinking it would be the one to get next, but held off. My '94 was running just fine. I continued "looking" and found myself liking the LHS styling more and more.

Then Chrysler made my decision even easier. They increased the 300M's price in 2000 (Car of the Year-induced I'm sure) and LOWERED the price of the LHS.

So out I went last month, buying a plat silver
    LHS with moonroof and chrome wheels on April 28th, just under the wire for .9% financing.

Chrysler continues to improve with every model year. We rented a Deville for a week in California, and except for the Northstar engine, this new LHS stands shoulder to shoulder with the Caddy. Sure, the Caddy's engine is great, but the car costs at least 10 grand more!

Chrysler's styling is light years ahead of Ford and GM, too. And as most reviewers tell you at the end of Chrysler product road test... no one gives you more car for the dollar.

I'm looking forward to another 101,000 miles.
    I've never owned a Chrysler product, but after being disappointed with GM products, I wanted to try something else. I was considering a 97 Concorde/ Vision/ Intrepid/ LHS because I like the older design, but I wonder if the quality control was spotty on them. Half of the people I've heard from have been of the "I love mine...no problems" ilk, but the other half have been "that car has been a nightmare." Is there anything specific I should look for when checking out the used models? Should I look into buying an extended warranty? I remember my brother getting screwed when he bought a warranty on a used 1993 Mazda a few years back. I'm in love with the appearance of these cars and the way they drive, but as a college student on a limited budget, I can't afford a maintenence nightmare.
    Another thing that is adding to my confusion is that all of the trusted journalistic sources (Edmunds included) have given the LH cars very good reliability ratings. Yet much of the input I've heard from real people has been less than flattering. Arggghhhh...
    starfire2-

It comes down to ADVERTISING DOLLARS!!!! Go to http://www.autoextremist.com and read last Tuesday's main page and maybe you'll understand the difference between the magazines AND the REAL world!

fastdriver
  • ljoyce2ljoyce2 Member Posts: 3
    I too, have had nothing but trouble with this car.
    I bought it 18mos ago with 32,000. I have had 3 rack n pinions,2 waterpumps, at this very moment the third transmission is being installed (2 in two days) chrysler just can't get it right. Thank god for extended warrantees. Biggest problem I have is idle vibration when stopped at red light. RPM's drop down to 500 and the whole car vibrates. This car is loud and I think it rides more like a truck than a "luxery car" finally changed the tires that helped the ride a little. Does anyone have any clues about the idle, I have taken it to three different Chrysler dealers - all have been unable to fix. computer says everything is perfect. What a joke!
    A college student on a limited budget should NEVER consider buying a Chrysler product period. If you are so in love with the style of the vehicles that you simply cannot help yourself, then at least buy an extended warranty for as long as you can get it. Whatever you are looking at, take the vehicle to an independent mechanic you can trust (friend of a friend or friend of the family) and get their honest opinion. Just because the car looks good and the price may be right (but I seriously doubt the price will be right if you're getting it from a Chrysler dealer), don't let your emotions get in the way of buying any vehicle (easy for me to say).

Also, IF you do go ahead and buy a Chrysler product, factor in the down time for repairs and also the need for a second vehicle to get you around while it's in the shop (I guarantee it will be). If you don't buy one of the vehicles you have mentioned, don't make the mistake and think Chrysler does a better job in the SUV department. Look on Edmunds for new or used Jeeps and you can hear the crying before your computer gets to the web site. Chrysler has BIG problems with production and maintenance of all vehicles for the past 7 years. It's not hard to figure out what the problems are or what you should be looking for.

As for my problems, have the front end COMPLETELY checked out before you buy. It's not a funny situation to have a complete loss of steering in an LHS. It doesn't take much imagination as to what the worst case scenario could have been for me.
    Check out my posting #394. I had two prior to that also that you can find by the dates. My postings only begin to tell the things that have been replaced in my 94 LHS. Still waiting for some resolution from Chrysler.

We have also had a timing belt break and wipe out just about everything it came in contact with, fuel pump, water pump, struts, 3 rack & pinions, AC condenser, and more stuff under the front end than I knew was there. Car shakes while idling but as long as my steering wheel works, at this point I can put up with anything until I dump it at trade in. I don't drive this car at all now. I drive our Explorer exclusively.

Sorry for your problems.
    An Explorer? If you want to hear about problems just go to the Ford Explorer site, those poor people are really crying! Horror stories abound.

What happened to the Chrysler LHS lovers? When the new ('99)LHS appeared it was the greatest vehicle in the market place or so the comments went. Don't we like our LHSs now? I don't know about you but my wife and I sure love our 2000.
  • acco20acco20 Member Posts: 211
    The Crysler lovers are out here... I also own a 2000 LHS and love it. These recent posts refer to older models. Most of what I have heard and read about the 1999 and 2000 models has been upbeat. Notice I said "most", not all.I have just under 3000 miles.
  • tvdolltvdoll Member Posts: 1
    We have nothing but Dodge and Chrysler products. In November one of our trucks was totalled (no one injured!) and my husband and I replaced it with a 1999 LHS. We did all the research and were very pleased with our purchase for the first week. I have had a STRIPPED tie rod, 2 window motors go out, 2 burned out window switches, paint loss on the rearview mirrors, the interior and dash lights flicker on and off with the headlights on (has been in twice for this..going in a 3rd time this week). And just this weekend, the dash has cracked open over the compartment for the passenger side airbag. Not to mention, the steering is deplorable at highway speeds, even after the steering problem was fixed. A third window is now going bad...making the same noises as the first two, and the inside window trim has fallen off. As have the light covers on the doors. I'm getting the current problems fixed and getting rid of the car. I will NOT buy another LHS...even though they are gorgeous to look at.
    After owning my trouble free 2000 LHS since last December it's hard to imagine such a horror story about a new LHS. Was the '99 new? Wrecked?

This sounds more like a Ford Explorer than an LHS.
    I took you up on your invitation to visit a Ford Explorer web site to read the complaints. You are correct. There are many. I offer no defense for those complaints but I will say that we are comparing apples to oranges. I somewhat expect my Explorer to ride like a truck. We bought it used and looked for a specific year and options. Finally found one that certainly has not been trouble free but for a 5 year old vehicle, we didn't expect perfection either. We got exactly what we paid for.

However, none of that diminishes the complaints I am reading about the LHS. We have all bought this vehicle either used or new fully expecting it to be what Chrysler says it is - the flagship of their fleet. We expected luxury and got a HINT of that. Road noise is horrible in the early models and hasn't improved ANY as the years have gone on. We expected dependability for our $25,000+ (depending on where and when you bought). Dependability should not be an option you have to pay extra for but it seems to be the case now for the majority of postings on this site.

I bought an Explorer to be a utility vehicle. I didn't buy my LHS to be a fishing car. Nor did I buy my LHS to become my coffin as could have happened when my steering went out, had it not been for the grace of God that I was coming out of a gas station instead of going 65 mph.

If your LHS works for you, that's wonderful. I'm sure there are many out there who, like you, are very happy with their vehicle. However, that does not nor should not diminish the headaches, worries, and expenses that others of us are having with our "luxury" vehicle.
    Something must be different in these vehicles! I believe all the 1999 - 2000 LHSs are built in the same facility. Possibly, like some other vehicles, you should not buy a car that was built on Monday (the workers are recovering from hang-overs) and you shouldn't buy one on Friday (the workers are looking forward to their hang-overs and don't have there minds on what they are doing).

It shouldn't matter where or when your LHS was built, there should be a quality control department that would not let a substandard vehicle leave the plant, especially since the Germans took control.

Am I just lucky, so far, and should I expect to have my LHS to turn turn crap in the near future.
    oberfieldwebel-

You're right- ALL the LH cars are built in the same plant, on the same line, by the same people, with the same parts! This is WHY I am confused when Consumer Reports recommends one LH car and not the others?? Makes NO sense to me at all.

As for buying a car built on a Monday or a Friday, there MAY be some truth to that, but it doesn't help explain to me WHY I've had so many problems with my 99 300M that was built on a Wednesday- April 29, 1998.

fastdriver
    Take a look! Someone is listening!!

http://www.autoextremist.com/

fastdriver
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,686
    I own a '99 300M. I've had it for 11 months, 10,500 miles. Only problem has been one window motor replacement (under warranty).
    I have really enjoyed this car and have been impressed with its reliability, especially since it was a first model year CHRYSLER!!! The build quality is good, but not on par with the Audi/Lexus/Saab/Acura I also shopped. Other than the Acura, other models were significantly (to me) more expensive, the Chrylser is a good value. NOthing has fallen off or chipped, even after getting a parking lot dent, no paint has chipped/peeled.
    So, yes, there are satisfied (to this point) Chrysler LH owners out there....

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

The idle speed should be around 750rpm. Amazing you had 2 waterpumps replaced at that mileage. Ah, if they messed up the timing on the timing belt when installing the water pump, it certainly will affect idle big time, a couple of teeth off is all it takes. There is no error code with this problem for the computer to record.

Vacuum leaks and dirty throttle body housing can also cause rough idle.

I had a 95 New Yorker and I loved that car, I did not have all these problems other people experienced. I did have a waterpump replaced at 60K miles over a year ago. I traded it at 80K miles for a 2000 LHS about 6 weeks ago. It is doing fine so far... keeping my fingers crossed.
  • easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    no problems to report. Car rides fine, looks great, paid only 28600 fully loaded (not including any taxes etc.) and got .9% financing to boot. I feel i got a great deal on a car that has all the options you could ask for and handles great. Didnt buy warranty and wont unless I read about more major problems with the 2000 or 99 models. guess I'm a gambling man. I'll just invest it wisely and that should cover any repairs after the 3 year warranty runs out.

Only complaint I have is the moderate amount of road noise especially at high speeds.

ONe other small complaint is the just middling sound of the stereo. I have upgrade 4 disc stereo with 360 watts. I find mid and high notes to be somewhat tinny and muddled. Also I find I have to balance the fader control almost all the way to the rear speakers to get proper sound balance. Does anyone else have these complaints.. Please post your evaluation of sound system and fader adjustments and also your opinion of road noise .
    I find the road noise in my 2000 LHS to be noticeable at all speeds, but not unacceptable, I just turn the stereo up. Tires have almost everything to do with road noise. My LHS is unfortunately equipped with GoodYear tires and I believe that they are responsible for the noise. I don't know if I can wait for the Good Years to wear out before I replace them.