Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Navigation

Comments

• foreverudisforeverudis Posts: 17
    My navigation voice command is little annoying. Can anyone try this own theirs and let me know if it works fine. Whenever i speak any number the system will take all the numbers properly but when i speak a number staring with 409 it would start with something else and rest 7/8 digits will be perfact. Initially i thought it was my accent but then i had couple of my friends (American , Chinese and a british as well) try on that and the navi did the same thing. Any number that doesnt have area code 409 is fine but this area code seems to have issue.....
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Posts: 992
    Did you say "four zero nine"? That should help somewhat.

-Cj
  • foreverudisforeverudis Posts: 17
    yeah i tried almost all posible way, like four o nine, four zero nine....it would take 0, 9 and rest of the digits but 4, instead it would start with something else like extra zeros and then some other digit and then 0,9,...... if i would say 414, it will take it correctly. it seems it has issues only with 409.
  • vsaucevsauce Posts: 1
    I have an 06 TSX and a Kenwood DNX7100 navigation deck that I want to install in my Acura, but no one makes a kit for it. Does anyone know what’s the best way to install the deck with out spending over $500.00 for a custom made kit?
  • Hypothetically - if one were to pay through the nose and buy an XM NavTraffic box (used on RL/TL/RDX etc) from the Acura parts dept, could you replace your existing XM box and recieve Nav Traffic? Is that the only part that would need replacing or is there other parts that would need upgrading as well? Cosmetically there are no "traffic" buttons on the dash of those cars/SUVs with NavTraffic, so shouldn't this revision be possible?
  • mickrmickr Posts: 2
    I am new to this forum, but I have been a very satisfied Acura TSX owner for well over a year. I bought my 2006 TSX Nav in late July of 2006, brand new, and have 43,000 miles on it and nothing has needed to be repaired.

Anyway, I have a RAZR phone that works well with the Nav system, but is there a way to use name dialing? I have only been able to make a call by either manually selecting a listing in the address book in the Navi system, or by vocally saying the number. Can I, for instance, say, "Call Bob" ? If I have that number stored in my phone as Bob ?
  • For the record, I have a 2008 TSX and just experienced this exact problem (e.g. find Starbucks, nav returns list from 100+ miles away).

I'd love to know the solution...
  • rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    You can have a device that allows dvd movies to be played on the screen.
  • rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    A new navi version is coming out soon. This new version will fix the 4.62 bugs :). Going to come out the end of Jan/early feb.
  • I think you have to choose CITY Location first, then Starbucks and it will find closest. I wish the system would assume that you are looking for retail and restaurant locations closest to your car's present position.

Also, there is no real-time traffic option on any TSX. The closest equivalent would be subscribing to XM and listening to their traffic channels, which are for major metro areas.
  • lawgirl613lawgirl613 Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how to change the Navigation voice from a woman to a man? I've managed to change the voice when it comes to making a phone call but I'd really like to have a man's voice rather than a woman. :confuse:
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    if you have an 08-the nav voice is female only-before that you go to setup-then go to more-then basic settings-female or male voice choice is there. I have the male voice on my 06 tsx
  • bgreerbgreer Posts: 1
    Has anyone used a downloaded update from sources such as File Access Plus? Is there any danger to the system or repercussions from using info other than from the authentic Acura source?
  • Is the algorithm that the Navigation Package uses documented anywhere. On a recent trip, it navigated me 30 miles out of the way for no obvious reason. It does not seem to understand busy streets with lots of lights vs. heading to a freeway that might make the total distance a mile longer but the total time dramatically less. Does it attempt to navigate around traffic. On a recent trip, it told me to take 275 around Cincinnati, OH heading south, but 71 North through Cincinnati heading North. Does time of day enter into its calculation?
  • I have a 2005 TSX and my Navi is no longer working. I have had it diagnosed at the local dealer and it will cost me over $6,000 for a new unit or ship it away for repairs with no guarantee's for $700.00. I barely use my navi as I live in canada and most areas are not illustrated due to the region I'm in. I have boughten updates over the years. I have 160, 0000kms on my TSX and like the car. I did plenty of research on this navi system and at the time was the best on the market. Now I'm faced with no navi and limited settings for radio and heater controls. This is a non wearable part and all it does is sit in the trunk and read a disk. I strongly believe this is not my fault as the option is nearly 20% of the cars value at new. Now if I spilt a soft drink on the navi system yes I will be to blame. But all Acura is standing on is your off warranty. I would like to know if anybody has experienced any other problems with their own navi system or if there is any other forums out there that you read any articles on. Or if you know of any understanding dealerships out there that would know how to further diagnose the problem.
  • Does anyone know if we can take the nav DVD out of our new Acura TSX with Tech package and use on our 2008 Honda Accord? Our TSX has Accuweather as well.

Thank 4 any info
    :shades:
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    That seems like a huge rip off. The most likely culprit is the DVD drive itself which should only be a few hundred $. One of the main reasons virtually all cars have gone away from touch screens is their reliability. Most new cars use a joystick instead. You may want to visit Acurazine, wade through the various posts in the TSX section and if needed register/post a question there. They are helpful bunch.
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    It would take a few seconds to try it. You can also Google the version of Nav used in each vehicle.
  • Yes i have this same problem with my navigation in my 2004 acura tsx it stopped working right around 100,000 miles and i took it to the dealer ship and they said cause of the lines that had been in the disk that it was a sign of the navigation system wearing out. But I have subs in my car but im not positive it broke from that!!!!
  • gbosilgbosil Posts: 88
    Anybody experiencing a problem with the turning instuctions by voice? My lady keeps telling me second right or second left turn when it's the next right or left turn not the "Second." She keeps saying "Second." I think there is a glitch in the Nav disc. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.