Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Torn and wanna buy tonight. Nissan Sentra.

mstrluckymstrlucky Member Posts: 91
edited July 2014 in Nissan

I like the look of the 14' Sentra a lot better, both in and out, than the 14' Corolla but it seems the corolla has gotten much better reviews then the Sentra and I will be financing it. What to do.....

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    edited April 2014

Always buy what you like

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Doesn't reliability play a part if your gonna keep it 6+ years

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited April 2014

Sure, but most all cars are pretty reliable these days.

The Corolla has been fully redesigned for 2014. And you know what they say about first year models. ;)

Have to agree - drive what you like.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343

@mstrlucky74 said:
    Doesn't reliability play a part if your gonna keep it 6+ years

6+ year reliability won't matter much, if you buy a car you don't want. You'll either sell it, or be miserable..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165

If you like them similarly, even at 6 years resale can matter. Probably going to be noticeably better on the Corolla.

• Options
    edited April 2014

We don't have the 2014 Sentra info yet but comparing "base" models you'll be ~$2,200 ahead after 5 years with the Toyota, assuming not much changes for the '14 Sentra data. Depreciation ("resale") is a biggie.

2014 Corolla L Sedan True Cost To Own* $37,301 (TCO)

2013 FE+ S Sedan True Cost To Own* $39,587 (TCO)

• Options

Thanks a lot Steve!!!!

• Options
    At dealer now getting ready to sign. 14' sentra sr with driver package...$17,900. Is this good
  • Options

TMV in my zip code, with the $500 incentive, comes in at 19,425 (that includes the $810 destination).

Sounds good to me!

• Options
    kashi1kashi1 Member Posts: 1

i am in the process of purchasing a new 2014 sentra sv, I logged into truecar.com and I received a true promise of $15,997 which includes the destination fee and the documentation fee (816+688). Harrelson Nissan of Rockhill. I called right away. that is the price I will be paying.

• Options
    ttdhleettdhlee Member Posts: 1

My 2008 Nissan Sentra is currently in the shop having the engine replaced for the SECOND time. The first was only 3 years after we bought it brand new. The excessive oil consumption problem is prevalent in Sentras. Several years of Sentras and Altimas were recalled in 2006 because of excessive oil consumption. Don't do it.