Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Jeep Liberty Sport check engine light.

eddie523eddie523 Member Posts: 2
edited September 2014 in Jeep
I have a 2002 jeep liberty sport 3.7lts 6cyl, the check engine light had came on, I took the jeep to pep boys so they can put it on the scanner, what showed was the oxygen sensors, I changed all 4 oxygen sensor and the check engine is still lit, so I took it back to pep boys and again the jeep was scanned and still what reads is oxygen sensors, I took it to auto zone so they can scan it as well and same thing oxygen sensors, once I told them that they where replaced, I was told that it could be a fuse or the relay, I don't know what fuse and where is the relay I was told to look under ignition (is this right) I check the manual and the only thing I find is fuse number 36 ignition run/start-orc/left and right siacm or fuse number 37 ignition run only-orc and as far as relay don't even have a clue... has anyone out there gone through this problem??? I need your help.... thank you...

Answers

• Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    eddie523 said:

I have a 2002 jeep liberty sport 3.7lts 6cyl, the check engine light had came on, I took the jeep to pep boys so they can put it on the scanner, what showed was the oxygen sensors, I changed all 4 oxygen sensor and the check engine is still lit, so I took it back to pep boys and again the jeep was scanned and still what reads is oxygen sensors, I took it to auto zone so they can scan it as well and same thing oxygen sensors, once I told them that they where replaced, I was told that it could be a fuse or the relay, I don't know what fuse and where is the relay I was told to look under ignition (is this right) I check the manual and the only thing I find is fuse number 36 ignition run/start-orc/left and right siacm or fuse number 37 ignition run only-orc and as far as relay don't even have a clue... has anyone out there gone through this problem??? I need your help.... thank you...

Did I miss the part where codes were cleared after sensor replacement?
  • Options
    eddie523eddie523 Member Posts: 2
    sorry the codes were cleared as well.. check engine still came on..