Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 GMC Acadia Denali - water pouring through roof 48 hours after delivery

colonnascolonnas Member Posts: 2
edited October 2014 in GMC
We leased a 2015 Acadia Denali through a nearby GM dealer in northern Wisconsin. We previously owned a 2008 Yukon, had it for three years and it was fantastic. 40k miles and not so much as a squeak or rattle. It was awesome.

We took delivery of the Acadia on Saturday. We were out shopping Monday evening, it was raining moderately hard, and water was literally pouring in through the roof. The two roof air vents over the middle seat, one of the air vents in the third row and the third row overhead light were all pouring water furiously. My first thought was "oh crap, I left the sunroof open", but then I realized that not only was it not open, but we had never opened it in the 48 hours we had possession of the truck. There was no moisture at all near the front sunroof (the only one that opens), so I can only conclude it is from the fixed sunroof over the middle row. When we got it home and into the garage, I got up on a ladder so I could get a look at the sunroof panels. They both seem squared-up in the openings and flush with the roof line.

My wife was very excited to get her new truck. The truck she had just prior (a German SUV, which we traded-in for the Acadia), had been giving her problems and she was very relieved to have it behind her and get back to a full-sized GMC SUV which we always preferred.

I am pretty stressed out about this. I will post the final response from GMC and the dealership. I have some very serious concerns about long-term mold or electrical problems. My only contact so far was with the dealer, ten minutes before they closed this evening, giving me a Chevy Equinox as a loaner. The salesman obviously couldn't give me any answers right on the spot.

I am worried this is going to get complex fast. My opinion of the dealer is quite good, but I have no idea where this is going to end up.

I will be posting updates on this from sunny Eau Claire, WI.

Comments

• Options
    colonnascolonnas Member Posts: 2
    I'm happy to report a good ending to this mess. After having the truck for a few days, the dealer reported the issue was clearly a manufacturing flaw. There were several prominent gaps in the sealant. It was replaced with an identical new truck. It took about a week to resolve, but I am quite relieved I don't have to deal with potential mold problems.

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Sweet! Thanks for reporting back.
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    colonnas said:

I'm happy to report a good ending to this mess. After having the truck for a few days, the dealer reported the issue was clearly a manufacturing flaw. There were several prominent gaps in the sealant. It was replaced with an identical new truck. It took about a week to resolve, but I am quite relieved I don't have to deal with potential mold problems.

We're pleased to hear this was resolved to your satisfaction, colonnas! If you have any concerns in the future, we'd be more than happy to help.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care