Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Unpretentious Luxury - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in Kia
imageUnpretentious Luxury - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

By virtue of its badge and newness the 2015 Kia K900 won't get first dibs over a new S-Class in the valet line. But it does give you an unpretentious luxury sedan experience for a fair price.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    I'm the perfect demographic for this type of car. My only qualm is, will it hold up 8-15 years from now? Because that's how long I keep my cars. I like how the car is styled conservatively so it will still look handsome (and not tacky) 10 years from now.
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    I did a double take over a K900 the other night at a local falafel shop. At first glance it was obscured behind other cars and I thought it was yet-another Tesla. Then I spotted the not-Tesla grill and went looking for the badge to figure out what it was. Teslas are a dime a dozen here in Silicon Valley. There were two in the tiny falafel shop parking lot that evening.
  • Options
    zhangrenhouzhangrenhou Member Posts: 79
    I like it. I would buy one.
  • Options
    emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    Casual interest from passers-by is one thing. Genuine interest from folks actually looking to spend $67K on a car is another entirely.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    I get your point, but...it's not the car to one-up anybody? It was just introduced - maybe it should bring something new to the game, since it's not going to be getting a refresh for several years - ? Doesn't Korea, Inc. need to move beyond its game plan of offering something good enough to compete with the last-generation version of its competitors, for less money -? How is it going to become an aspirational brand?

And the idea that this is so much car for the money...well, let's see - it is big, comfortable, silent and luxurious, for less money. The established brands offer something big, comfortable, silent and luxurious, and also a lot faster, better-handling and -driving, more refined and with the panache of a known luxury brand, which in this class of car is kind of a big deal, for more money.

Neither one sounds like "more car for the money" to me.