Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Tacoma vs Ford Ranger - II

Comments

• Options
    spoogspoog Member Posts: 1,224
    Copy this link and bookmark it again so you people
    can stop putting your foot in your mouths. lol.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/newtrucks/ptoty/98/

be sure to add this link next to your NHST link.
  • Options
    Heres what the 4wheelr of the year had to say about the Ranger. Keep in mind these same testers unanimously decided that the tacoma won EVERY SINGLE PERFORMANCE TEST. lol. EVERY SINLGE ONE< INCLUDING HANDLING.

"Following in the footsteps of its close relative, the '98 Ranger adopted many of the mechanical modifications incorporated into the Explorer two years earlier. Among the biggest changes include an entirely new double A-arm front suspension with light-duty torsion bars. The new IFS, combined with an all-new rack-and-pinion steering setup (which offers its own steering fluid cooler), won high praises from our testers over our 800-mile test. Specifically, the Ranger scor ed well in Highway Performance categories that centered around maneuverability and long-distance cruising. Testers noted the new steering proved especially quick to react in tight-chicane situations. No doubt about it: This new Ranger out-handles, out-ste ers and out-corners any Ranger before. By a mile.

We would characterize the drivetrain, specifically the transmission, as biased for highway performance as well. All 4.0-liter Rangers (and Mazdas, for that matter) ordered without the manual tranny get the first five-speed automatic transmission offer ed for any pickup. Our testers split over the need and/or usefulness of a mileage-biased transmission geared for empty-load flatland running. Those in favor noted the nearly seamless transitions from one gear to the next, and how the transmission itself c ould, if the vehicle was driven right--no jackrabbit leadfoot starts--tack on another 50,000 miles of life to the engine.

On the trail, we found the automatic transmission to be a double-edged sword. The smoothness of the First-to-Second shift, combined with the inherent low-end grunt of the engine, was almost enough to overcome the taller gearing. And in the end, voting followed individual preferences for manuals versus automatics. Two testers noted both the manual transmissions (Mazda and Toyota) felt more "in control" on the twisty low-range trails of Truckhaven, where face-down compression braking was very helpful o n steep-trail crawling. In low-range, our automatic Ranger offered a rather delicate 22.8:1 crawl ratio (First x axle gear x low-range); the Mazda and Toyota offered 34.4:1 and 40.4:1 gearing, respectively.

Likewise, where the stiffened front suspension cleanly handled all paved-road obstacles thrown in its path, the Ford IFS had trouble keeping up with the broken terrain of dry washes, hill climbs, and washboards. Admittedly, it is a rare vehicle that c an manage all the extremes with equal aplomb, but several testers commented that the Ford liked to spring a little bit quicker (and hop higher) off the rolling whoop-de-doos. For the most part, we found the sacrificed off-highway capability to be greater than the gained on-highway performance, and for that reason it didn't score well in the parts of our test that are most heavily-weighted; however, that isn't to say testers weren't squabbling among themselves to get into the Ranger for the highway drives up the mountain.

Finally, testers showed their traditional colors by not favoring the dash-mounted rotary dial ("looks a lot like an A/C control--and no Neutral") of the Borg-Warner 44-05 electronic transfer case. The 44-05 never gave us a lick of trouble--we submerge d the gearboxes under freezing water, as well as subjecting them to high-heat, dust-blasted wash runs--and by going to a dial, floor space opens up, but our scorers' preference is for a lever-actuated system, or anything with a Neutral position, regardles s of the floor space it takes up.

Like any good four wheeler, we found the Ford Ranger could do several things quite well, scoring highly in On-Road Ride and Handling and Interior Comfort. To us, the new Ranger is a nice-looking, comfortable truck that is easy to drive and easy to own . And it's made in plants with a reputation for quality. But the Pickup Truck of the Year has to do it all pretty damn well, and it has to be great off-highway. And so we introduce our 1998 winner. "

" highway biased suspension" ? lol. good one.
  • Options
    trucks4metrucks4me Member Posts: 42
    It was just my opinion of the Tacoma
    little boy, if you don't like it, go cryin to
    your momma, and leave the debate to the men on
    this forum. Like I said before, I don't have
    any biased on this debate, but lets face the
    facts here, a Tacoma is basicly in the same
    league as a Subaru. The Ranger is a Truck, the
    Tacoma is a compact car with a bed. I don't
    need any magazine article to back up this statement, just park the 2 side by side and look
    with your own eyes!
  • Options
    wsnoblewsnoble Member Posts: 241
    For those who asked the TRD website is as follows

http://www.trdusa.com

Also what is everybodys opinion now that the Tacoma is 2k less. Price was a big beef with the Ranger guys before?

-wsn
  • Options
    sredman1sredman1 Member Posts: 66
    that slave labor is who makes the parts for your toyota.
    And yes I dont Make much cash.. But lets see her e what do i do .... Oh i forget I ski about 120 days a year and spend more time in the backcountry than you probably do in 10 years. But i guess you have to work more to afford the payments on that toyota of yours..

Damnit i wanted to keep this friendly :)
  • Options
    cpousnrcpousnr Member Posts: 1,611
    VERY effective marketing practice but does that mean the 98-99s were overpriced by 2K?
  • Options
    Dont badmouth the Tacomas too bad. The are a great sports truck as is the Ranger or Nissans Chevy, well nice but reliability has been an issue.
  • Options
    oldpickupoldpickup Member Posts: 7
    If Ford Rangers are so good, why don't you see more of them in the really tough environments worldwide?

I have spent significant time in West Africa - with close friends who have spent similar amounts of time in central Australia. Neither I nor my friends know of anyone in these regions who drives a Ranger or similar Ford product.

Believe me, you can't afford an unreliable vehicle when the nearest parts dealer or mechanic is 300-400 miles away.

This is truly a US-centric argument right now. To fully appreciate the vehicles, look at where they are used - and under what conditions - world-wide.

Next time you watch an African wildlife documentary or footage of a war zone in some hellish area, chances are you'll see a Toyota pickup somewhere in the background. Bet you don't see a Ford Ranger.
  • Options
    the man is right
  • Options
    parkman50parkman50 Member Posts: 63
    I certainly don't want to get caught up in all these specifics, price, ground clearance, etc., but I did want to comment on the World-wide statements.

Do you really think that reliability is the reason that toyotas/nissans or whatever are used in Africa? Do you really? Please, go get some more information.

I too have travelled this world (to Asia 5 times last year alone.) I currently work for a Japanese company and I know how the game is played.

Reliability is NOT the reason you see a Toyota in Africa. Watch discovery and look at all the spare parts they pack with them (as they would with any vehicle.) They know what "usually" breaks and they bring it with them. That is not the deciding factor. A consideration yes, but not the deciding factor.

I saw an episode in Austriala where the axle broke in one "SUV" just going over a rock (it was a Nissan however.) But the part was out there the next day. They mentioned that was one part they couldn't carry with them.

I won't get into world economics with you, but let's say that in the US the Ford Ranger outsells everything else comparable because it is a good product at a good price. Toyota does the same elsewhere for the same reason.

In Singapore a Toyota costs 1/4 the price of a Ford. How many Fords will you see on the road there?????

As Paul Harvey would say, "now you know the rest of the story."
  • Options
    Thank you for your comments. I do not think we thought of that but it is true, outside the USA the tariff associated with american products is very very high.

Excellent point. Quite frankly, I see a lot of Land Rovers in the areas cited. Speaking of that, I followed this past weekend into the woods a Land Rover, I think, RE90?!? It had a plaque on the back stating 141 of 300. Wow, kewl! I can do that with my Ranger, put a placque that says 147,323 of 675,902.

sredman1
    Which man? Regarding the overdrive swithch? I thought I saw a pic of the OD switch on a stalk but there was a complaint of the placement. Well, if I am wrong, retract that comment.

oldpickup
    Is there something you do not believe regarding Consumer Reports? Their reporting of inputs from users show that the number of occurances of problems in given areas, Tacoma vs Ranger, are for the most part equal.

For the record, I think the chances of one, just one of the 25,000 Tacomas exploding a battery is the same as the fuel line on the Ranger 3.0 causing a fire. Now the suspension issue on Tacomas, well, maybe it was the first year for Tacoma with the IFS.
  • Options
    2000 Ranger:
    PROS AND CONS
    Pros:
    Four-door entry, five-speed automatic and optional flexible fuel/electric powertrains, thoughtful interior.
    Cons:
    Room in extended-cab area isn&#25;t enough for adults, questionable front-end styling.

Ford has had the best-selling small trucks in the country for years. Fun to drive, sharp looking and well built, the Ranger delivers a solid
    compact-pickup experience. Its most serious competition comes from the Dodge Dakota, which is slightly larger and offers V8 power.

2000 Tacoma:
    PROS AND CONS
    Pros:
    Powerful engine choices, attractive looks, competent off-road capabilities.
    Cons:
    Uncomfortable seats, high price for a compact pickup truck.

Toyota hopes to attract buyers with the style and image of its Tacoma as well as a lower price tag. We like the Tacoma, but question the
    value it represents. Most of these Toyota trucks don't come cheap. Guess that's the price you pay for the peace of mind a Toyota provides.
  • Options
    hindsitehindsite Member Posts: 590
    Scredman,
    Well indeed I work, but I do not make car payments as you so like to say. All my six cars & trucks that I presently own have been paid in full with a bank check. I guess you are one of those have nots. Well, then you can't afford to buy what you don't have as they say.
  • Options
    "I was at a sporting goods store tonight. When I
    walked out a Tacoma was parked right by my Ranger. It was so obvious this person parked it there on purpose as a comparison. There were plenty of other parking spaces in the lot closer to the door. Needles to say his was no TRD and it looked smaller than my Ranger, ground clearance was not as good either. Tires were what looked to be a 235/245 series of somesort. Obviously his truck was the 4cyl model Tacoma and not very well optioned. He made a BIG mistake doing this. My Ranger looked bigger, and nicer all around. "

I got to laugh, but when you look back you would never see a comment in any Tacoma topic like this. I guess those Rangers guys have it bad if they always have to denigrate Tacomas owners just for parking next to them.
  • Options
    Who is little? If you were man enough you would have spelled out that three letter word.
  • Options
    Cpousnr,
    The camera you have is a joke.
  • Options
    Hey, I was just telling it like it is. Compare
    that compact Tacoma to a Ranger, the eyes don't
    lie. I don't even like Fords, but I do agree
    that they kick that little compacts butt. When
    your grow up, buy a real truck, then you too will
    know what I'm talking about, till then trust your eyes. I have said enough on this subject, going back to the Chevy topics now, go bicker with someone else on the merits of your compact toy.
  • Options
    joseph26joseph26 Member Posts: 6
    Hey,great. Finally a real response from a real smart person. I am excited about this one. Im just amazed that I haven't heard about it much in the press, but then again, I haven't really been interested in the toyota due to size. But it really sounds like it will kick butt. Thats is my choice in the very near future.

As for the ford people, what a joke. My brothers roommate had a ranger and he had it in the shop 26 times in a year before the dealer gave him a new one. He had no choice but to get the new one or keep the old piece of sh__. He swears that he will never buy another American truck. Oh, and another comment on ford junk. my brother used to own a cleaning business. One account was at a ford dealer and their job was to buff the showroom floor. The only problem with the floors wasn't heavy foot traffic, it was the oil spots dripping form the new cars and trucks. True Story.
    Oh, and another tip for me came from a ford mechanic in reference to what to buy. He stated that the only smart buy was a truck not made by ford, Chevy, or Dodge unless it had the diesel engine in it.
    As for the people who are crying on this site, I needed personal knowledge of the S/C and not crap.
    Thanks Spoog,
    Hope to be blowing the inadequate car and truck owners, such as the ford people, away soon with my S/C Tacoma. The fact is, the engines of the fords couldnt hold up to added horses.

Hey, what about the maintenance on these superchargers? Any ideas on what it will do 0-60 mph. Oh and the boat is 18ft. 2000#. thanks
  • Options
    Your a bit touchy from my suggestion that the ranger no longer had the twin I beam in post #174.
    I did not attack you personally to my knowledge as I said:

"The 1998 Ranger changed from the twin I beam to
    IFS. Please come to the future. Was the Toyota
    P/U always IFS?? I KNOW my 81 was not."

Whether you believe it or not, up until this point I did really respect your opinion and the balance that you brought to this board. But I will really request that the personal attacks end as, I believe, that is a violation of the rules of the board.

Would you answer my other part of the question? Perhaps the suspension problems with the Tacoma were in the first year with IFS.

In regard to the camera, well it works fine for me. The light glare on the Asahi Pentax lens is far less than the Cannon. You have seen my pictures from it.

josephIQ_26
    Well you talk big. Take on one of these:
    http://www.homestead.com/ranger_photos/
    Turbo or not, these will eat you alive in that Tacoma.
  • Options
    Cpousnr,
    You claim you are fair and I know that not to be true. You have blind sided me for the last time with that tone crap. Okay fair to say you never say anything negative to a Ranger fan, but you will make light of the fact to barb a Tacoma owner that has tried to be fair minded in the past. You have tone now.
  • Options
    Fact is you need a spelling lesson

Know....should have be known.

You raise the level up when you brought up this "[non-permissible content removed] crap" and if you can't stomach it then leave. Your the one that incited this phobia or should I say bias with that derogatory word "[non-permissible content removed]". The word you couldn't say. I am saying to you to bear you out as a close minded bigoted person.
  • Options
    Guess you learned that "Known" stuff in school
    today? Was this todays lesson little one?

As far as the usage of that word, I
    intentionally used the splat so little boys
    like you would not get there feelings hurt.
    But alast... it appears you still ran cryin to
    momma on this. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings little one.

Oh, and by the way sonny, this here is the
    US of A, I'm entitled to my opinion, and you will
    be too, once you grow up that is.
  • Options
    How dare you call the tacoma unreliable, when the very truck you drive
    has 270 technical repair bulletins in ten years to the tacomas 60 in ten years.

Theres a reason why Africa, and the UNITED NATIONS
    drive toyotas. Its simply the best vehicle to have in long driving conditions with no gas station or repair shop nearby.

The NHSTA government site backs this up COMPLETELY.

As for the Ranger being a better truck, what do you have to say about fourwheeler claiming its suspensiohn is tuned for highway only?

It looks like a bunch of uneducated fools have joined this forum. Thats too bad. It was a good site.

By the way....isn't the Ranger made in Mexico?
  • Options
    scape2scape2 Member Posts: 4,123
    Spoog, talk about calling someone uneducated!, NO the Ranger is made here in the U.S.
    Spoog, the one who said the Ranger has no skidplates, Spoog, the one who knows nothing about a 4x4 or the first thing about going offroad!, The one who would rather go OVER an object in his path rather than climb over it with your tire. Spoog, the one who wishes he owned a Tacoma S/C. I sure wish the last Tacoma vs Ranger room was still available. I would show people once again you DON'T own a Tacoma S/C. In the last room you didn't even mention you owned a Tacoma much less a Tacoma with a supercharger until about your fifth post.
    Anyone who does their research about NHSTA recalls will see half are duplicates, some are only for a small portion of Rangers sold, others are for things like labeling.
    With the Tacoma prices falling, I guess you guys who have already paid those outragouse prices just lost some cash? And, with the price cut of up to 2K, the Ranger is still less, option for option.
    As far as the Ford not being able to handle a supercharger. Visit any Ranger site and you will find Paxtons on Fords.
    The S/C is one heck of an expensive option. I have heard prices as high as 3K, not including installation charges. Most real truck owners have no use for a race truck. And I bet Joey isn't going to go into half the places I have taken my Ranger in his 28K race truck. Do you realize this is a 7K difference in price??!!
  • Options
    "I acknowledge that I will not harass, threaten, or impersonate any Town Hall participants, Town Hall hosts or Edmund.com, Inc. staff. I agree to disagree in a civil manner should I take issue with the statements of another Town Hall participant or any Edmunds.com, Inc. Editor or content contributor. I understand that civility and respect underlie the success of a group discussion such as the Town Hall."
  • Options
    you got my post all wrong buddy:
    cpousnr said:
    "Dont badmouth the Tacomas too bad. The are a
    great sports truck as is the Ranger or Nissans
    Chevy, well nice but reliability has been an issue.?

Chevy, CHEVY
  • Options
    spoog, the sticker on the back of my truck window states "Assembled in Twin Cities"

Do you know where that is? You must be thinking of the Dodge line of vehicles, some of which are assembled in Mexico. Now it COULD be Tijuana and Ensanada but I do not think so.
  • Options
    My post on tone was regarding something I said, now what you said. I wanted you to know I was not upset, just firm.
    Sorry you misunderstood.
  • Options
    More than once I have called on vince to get off spoog in his comments. Also, that guy that is posting regarding Rangers being a real truck is a bit out of order.
    Both are very good sport trucks, some edges to one, other edges to the other. Quite frankly, I think the Edmunds reviews I posted are quite fair as are the Consumer Reports as are the Four wheeler reviews.
    But you Tacoma guys don't want to let go of the service bulletins, that many are insignificant and many are duplicates. That was the purpose of me posting regarding the many number of vehicles that COULD, not would, have a battery explode or a fuel line rupture. I got missing decals for air bags for my Intrepid in the mail with the instructions: "Put these on the visor to comply with Federal law." Well they went in the trash as they were ugly and did not do anything for me.

Did you miss my intent?
  • Options
    yes i am a poor boy. Poor boy by choice that is. some ppl in life make decisions Like "this race for wealth and "happiness" is overrated , i am going to do what i want and have fun doing it". I am college educated, and i left prospective wealth of 42,000 a year after college to be a ski bum .. i have not regretted a single one one my decisions to do this. So if you feel like you are a better person BC you own six cars, i pity you ....

well wishes from the high country
  • Options
    Cpousnr,
    What you said about tone could have been read both ways looking back. Honestly if you had read the post from my vantage point it sounds condescending. Well, since we both agree on so many points regarding this topic and had so many interesting chats I think it best that I keep it more civil on my part. I do apologize to you if I offended you and for jumping all over you about tone. Knowing that you served in the Navy as a grade E7 and I in the Army as an grade O4 I do have a great deal of respect for those that have served this great country of ours.
  • Options
    huh?

The Technical repair bulletins for the Ranger are not "duplicates" or insignificant. Lets not forget quality is judged right down tto the buttons on the dash. Thats quality.

THe repair bulletins DO NOT REPEAT ANY identification number. I REPEAT, they are ALL
    individual bulletins. You just cant accept the fact that the Ranger is just not a high quality vehicle. Those technical bulletins are NOT duplicates. Go ahead and find me a duplicate ID number on those 270 bulletins from 89-99. Try.
  • Options
    Yes I can kind of see that may have been the way it was recieved, particularly regarding my answer to the crash information you provided. No malace was intended

spoog:
    I think the point being brought up was some reports, even thought they have different numbers, document the same problem, maybe just for a different year, but the same problem.
    And no I do not feel that:

"Mfg. Campaign #: 96S49
    Year: 1996
    Make: FORD TRUCK
    Model: RANGER
    Potential Number of Units Affected: 134770
    Manufactured From: DEC 1995 To: MAR 1996
    Year of Recall: '96
    Type of Report: Vehicle
    Summary:
    The Certification Labels on the involved vehicles has incorrect rear tire inflation pressure designations. This does not comply with
    FMVSS NO. 120, "Tire Selection and rims for Motor Vehicles other than Passenger Cars."

Incorrect inflation pressures could cause premature wear of the rear tires."
    is a major problem.
  • Options
    Keep it civil please.
    Freely offer your opinions that enlighten/alert/inform people.
  • Options
    my appologies
  • Options
    Spoog, Please go read post #224 in this topic for the correct reason why certain products are used in certain parts of the world such as Africa. People will respect your posts more if you seem more informed. Don't take offense, but if I read an incorrect comment I usually ignore the rest of the post. Hope this helps you out.

BTW, I watched the discovery channel the other night as an "unscientific" experiment. One show used a Land Rover and the crocodile guy used a Nissan. I didn't see a tacoma or ranger.

PS. Who do you think sells more 4x4s in Korea? And the reason for that is?

Regards.
  • Options
    8088180881 Member Posts: 2
    My bucket seat in the Xtra cab is quite comfortable, thank you. I push it back all the way (I'm tall - 5'10"), tilt it back a little, and I'm good to go. Maybe you were talking about the bench seat?
    Also, how big does the rear window need to be? I can see out of it. Can't see in very well because of the privacy tint. Woohoo.
    Anyway, I'm willing to pay more to get what I want. I did a lot of internet research (even made my deal via the internet, per a Motley Fools strategy), and I got what I wanted. Yes, appearance as well as performance is important to me, and I got both. As for resale, I plan to keep my Tacoma for a long, long time & I got tired of my last car's maintenance costs. Resale value was not a deciding factor for me.
  • Options
    Sorry Parkman, but that is NOT why Toyotas and Rovers are used in Africa and Antartica, and South America, and the Middle East, and The united nations.

Look up safari tours on the web and you will see
    toyotas everywhere. Heck, even read the Edmunds comparison test on The landcruiser and the Expedition. Even Edmunds admits Fords are made for on road duties. And even the Arizona safari guide says the reason he uses Yotas is because they are better offroad and more durable.

Im sorry that you are so misinformed. YOu provided no source for your points.

Safari web sites in the U.S.A. and other countries use Toyota trucks.

The african tour guides dont need to be messing around with broken fuel lines and other tedious repairs 100 miles into the bush.

I once saw a Documentary in south Africa where some Ford F150's were used. That was the only time though.

Ever seen what the African Military groups drive around in? 4 door tacomas, with a gun mount in the back. The general is usually in a land cruiser.

Im sorry, but you need to look at WHY people buy the vehicles they do.
    The Toyota landcruiser commercial displayed it best. All the flags of the world merged onto its hood. What an incredible , world famous machine.
    I sugest you read the Landcruiser Edmunds comparison test to get some background on toyota trucks.
  • Options
    Wow spoog, don't be so defensive. That is usually how people respond when they are simply brand bragging rather than taking a unbiased look at the underlying reasons. I like toyotas. Don't get me wrong. However, I know that your assumptions are at best only partially correct. Sure toyotas are good off road. Sure they are used by a lot of the people you mention. But I question your reason why.

Please take a look at the various world economies and how different businesses operate in them. You'll see that in many countries, companies from different origins play a vastly different hand. It's close to being that simple, but not quite.

Look at this way. A Ford Ranger and a Toyota Tacoma with fairly equal performance are for sale. If one costs $7~8K more for similar products, which one do you buy? In the US, the ford is cheaper and most people buy the ranger. In Africa, the toyota is cheaper and they buy it, especially when considering fleets.

Other note: Toyota/Nissan/Land Rover have aggressively targeted the market you speak of. (As ford has targeted the rental car business for years.) As you can see at Hertz, it makes a difference.

Take it easy.
  • Options
    The 4.0 liter ford engine hit its max torque ,225 lb/ft, at 2,750 rpm. :)

and also your max torque(3.4L V6), 220 lb/ft, is hit at 3,600 rpm ... my math says that is about 850 rpm.

Just straightening out the facts
  • Options
    850 rpm more than your cruising rpm that is
  • Options
    umm....dont forget many of us tacoma owners have 4:10 gear ratios, and some of us have factory superchargers.

Dont forget that the Tacoma won every single performance category against the ranger in fourwheelr.com 4x4 of the year test.
  • Options
    Congrats on your new truck, but you need to break in the truck over the first 1,000 miles. Read your owners manual about the break in period.
  • Options
    Don't forget to mention in 4Wheeler compact shoot out test the Ranger came in better than the Tacoma in some areas.
  • Options
    I owe an apology to Scredman whom I did not forget.
  • Options
    ziggy10ziggy10 Member Posts: 41
    Hindsite

I looked for a break in period on it, and couldn't find one. I asked the dealer about it and she said not to worry about, but not to over do it either. According to the maintenance manual, I don't need to do anything 'cept an oil change after 5,000 miles. I know it sounds strange; I always thought you had to baby it the first 500 miles, and then do an oil change, but I couldn't find anything in the manual. I'll call the dealership's mechanic tomorrow to be sure.
    This truck is awesome!!!
    Thanks
  • Options
    trenttrent Member Posts: 86
    When I went compact truck shopping safety was one of my primary concerns. I liked a lot of things about the Toyota but the fact that the side crash test was rated poor was a major factor. The doors on the Toyota seem pretty flimsy compared to the Ranger. Also after seeing the four door option on the Ranger I realized how much more accessible it makes the rear for tools,people,etc.
  • Options
    I nwhat capacity did the ranger rate better in the fourwheeler
    pickup of the year comparison ?

They clearly state in their website that the pickup of the year has to do all things, and all things WELL. They also state that the Tacoma beat the ranger in every single performance category. Please point out where you read that
    the Ranger was superior in some way. I didnt see that once in the entire test/review.
  • Options
    scape2scape2 Member Posts: 4,123
    Man, this topic has really heated up! Why all of the sudden?
    Spoog keeps saying the Ranger is no good for offroad use? As I keep telling him I take my Ranger into the Cascade mountains just about every weekend. The Ranger gets me up every incline, some as good as 15 - 20%! Through some pretty good creek beds, ruts, ditches, you name it. The Ranger can go offroad with no problems.
    I sure enjoy mine and would buy nothing else.
  • Options
    wsnoblewsnoble Member Posts: 241
    Hello All

Just wanted to settle the Tacoma seats argument. They (Edmunds) used a limited in their Tacoma test so they would be bucket seats. More than one owner has said that their bucket Tacoma seats and their Tacoma 60/40 bench (Mine) are quite comfortable. It is safe to say that edmunds dislike of the seats is an OPINION! So lets stick to the facts.

Also for those who keep bashing compact pickups i have 2 ?'s

1.) Why are you on this board?
    2.) How well does your full size truck do in tight trails?

-wsn
This discussion has been closed.