Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

A3 Lease question

idk123idk123 Member Posts: 11
edited May 2015 in Audi
I went into my local audi dealer because i saw the 349/m 0 down lease special and need a car, but i dont drive very much, so I though low mile lease would be good.

The MSRP on the car was 36,390, but was dropped to a sale price of 33,890 (1.8t, audi mmi navi plus, premium plus model)

The lease deal was for a car with an msrp of 31,295 and this one is 1600 more, i was assuming about 60$ more a month for a lease of 410. They came back with 0 down and the lease would be 479$ does that sound close to right, i know tax would be a factor, but not too much since in indiana i think you only pay tax on the total lease price

Comments

• Options
    Also, i dont know the MF or anything, but i can email the guy and get it im sure
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,302
    idk123 said:

I went into my local audi dealer because i saw the 349/m 0 down lease special and need a car, but i dont drive very much, so I though low mile lease would be good.

The MSRP on the car was 36,390, but was dropped to a sale price of 33,890 (1.8t, audi mmi navi plus, premium plus model)

The lease deal was for a car with an msrp of 31,295 and this one is 1600 more, i was assuming about 60$ more a month for a lease of 410. They came back with 0 down and the lease would be 479$ does that sound close to right, i know tax would be a factor, but not too much since in indiana i think you only pay tax on the total lease price

If the lease special car was $31,295 MSRP and this car is $36,390 MSRP, then that's a $5000 difference in price.. Plus, the ad car is likely a Premium model, and this one is Premium Plus, which has a lower residual. Add up those two variables, and you are looking at an $80-$90 difference in price.. Which is a lot closer to their number, once you add in tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Okay, I thought the lease would go off of the sale price they were quoting me of 33,890. I have never leased before and that threw me off. Yes the car in the ad was a Premium. They actually dont even have this car and would need to ship it in from Wisconsin. Thank you
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,302
    idk123 said:

Okay, I thought the lease would go off of the sale price they were quoting me of 33,890. I have never leased before and that threw me off. Yes the car in the ad was a Premium. They actually dont even have this car and would need to ship it in from Wisconsin. Thank you

Apples to oranges... You have to assume the ad car is discounted, just like the one you looked at...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator