Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Kia Sorento Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• Options
    sedonasorentosedonasorento Member Posts: 29
    A thought -when they replaced your engine in an attempt to eliminate the 2500 rpm vibration, did they also replace the belt-driven stuff (water pump, alternator, A/C compressor)?
  • Options
    hciaffahciaffa Member Posts: 454
    Well the wife pulls in the garage and about a hour later I go get something and I smell anti-freeze and look and notice a puddle under her(03)Sorento on the passenger side. Pop up the engine hood and I notice the fluid just dripping from under the overflow bottle. Bringing it in Monday for a look see but service manager thinks its the bottle that has developed the infamous leak. He has them in stock so "that was easy".
  • Options
    lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    hciaffa - How's your '03 Sorento doing? You are not alone. This is my third anti-freeze coolant bottle on my 2003 Sorento, now with 41000 miles. Last replacement was in last winter which I had no heat. I didn't see any fluid dripping or lower coolant level for the last two times. They said it was a slow leak and they were replacement five other Sorento while I was in the shop. I had a loaner because they ran out of parts.
  • Options
    she is doing very well. really no problems to complain about. Several small things have occurred but as long as they are repaired under the warranty all is good. My service dept is real good at fixing the items once and thats it. The only thing left is is that the dome light has that problem of working then not working its one of those glitches and sometimes the display for the heater gets all squirlly and erratic but after a while it gets back to norm. I really think that the 03 and 04 models have some electronic glitches. I have had the rotors replaced because of warpage and also the drive shaft was replace to stop the thumping feeling. All under warranty. The Sorento is my wife's baby an she lets me drive it weekends. Still drives nice and tight and no rattles or squeaks. Maybe this winter I will get new tires as the stock Michelins don't seem to wear well no matter how many times they are rotated or an alignment is done. The big thing is I can't complain about the service department but its funny that don't go up on the forums to see what the owners are feeling about the vehicles or the problems. I usually have to tell my service manager about the problem and the fix for it and then he goes and checkes it out, funny.
  • Options
    Good to hear you again. You must talking the LCD display for the automatic climate control. Mine was replaced a year ago. It showed some fuzzy images rather telling me the temperature and the air flow direction.

I still have the original brake pads on my Sorento with 41500 miles now. I am planning to replace the pads when I am going to resurface the front brake rotors. An independent shop told the the discs have wrapped but they can be cut. My dealer told to replace the discs and pads which cost near $600. Resurface and new pads will cost $200 or less. I am still dealing with the rust spot at the rear license garnish area. Still no time to go to the dealer's body shop yet.

Have you seen the picture of the 2007 Sorento with facelift, just new headlights, bumper and grill? Rumor said it will be a new interior and perhaps a 3.8L engine from Hyundai Azera.
  • Options
    gmmundygmmundy Member Posts: 1
    Had a Kia sorento for 1 year now. Its now 2 years old and has done about 23000 miles. No real problems until recently.

The engine keeps cutting out completely when one accelerates such as an overtaking maneouvre. All power is lost and the engine stalls. After coming to a stop the engine does not restart. After waiting for a minute or so the engine can be restarted. Engine malfunction light has come on now. I've booked it in to the dealer to be seen on monday but would be interested to hear if anyone has had a similar problem?
  • Options
    bestsorento33bestsorento33 Member Posts: 2
    tip dont pay extra money to get engine light check go to nearest Auto zone and the will do it at no cost good luck :shades:
  • Options
    Hi, anyone got the brake pads replaced on their Sorento? Are you using Kia OEM pads or aftermarket? I was looking an aftermarket ceramic pads. Any suggestion? Which one will fit the Sorento. I've read the Satisfied brand. Thanks!
  • Options
    lreilly1lreilly1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello all. I have an 03 LX 4x4 with 54,000 kilometers on it. I did not experience any vibrations until we hit 50,000. I will be taking it in for service on Wednesday for 2 12 volt power outlets that have stopped working. The fuses are ok as the cigarette lighter and the center counsel works fine.
    I am going to have my Michelins checked for belt separation as the vibration starts at 80 kph. I am due for transfer case servicing and will have them check the driveshaft too.
    Will let you know.
  • Options
    tamdeltamdel Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Sorento which I absolutely love. My only problem is I've gone through 2 windshields already. I've never had to replace a windshield on a car before. The first one I replaced thinking it was "normal". The 2nd one is still cracked. I've tried to get in touch with someone at Kia to help me out just to have the frame looked at to make sure it wasn't a stress crack. Dealing with Kia Consumer Affairs has been a nightmare. They do not get the story straight at all. I'm going on month 3 trying to get someone to look it. Anyone else have any problems with windshields?
  • Options
    I have no problem with the windshield on my '03 Sorento. It got hit by my small flying stone on the highway like two years ago. It is so small to see and no crack even under frigid and hot weather here. I'm surprised how good is it.

I've been dealing with the Kia Consumer Affairs several times over the phone and internet. They were able to solved the problems. But customer service at dealer (service dept) is a nightmare to me.
  • Options
    tomsr1tomsr1 Member Posts: 130
    I have 45000 miles on my 03 Sorento which I bought used with 38000 miles because I am a sucker for toys.It has Luxury Options plus AWD. It looks and runs like new and
    since I replaced my air filter with a K@N type it gets
    16 mpg city instead of 15.It is quicker too.It is a far cry
    from the FORD explorer I once had.Since I have had it I have had the front rotors turned,liftgate hydraulic units replaced,and the drivers door seal replaced all FREE.The only two things that bug me is the intermittent dome light
    and random locking of the doors.Probably if I had done my research I would not have bought it, especially if I knew how much they depreciate.Some people complain about MPG
    but it is no worse than any SUV with a 3.5 ltr.
  • Options
    rwbennerrwbenner Member Posts: 1
    Folks, I have an '03 Sorento 4WD in need of a new set of front rotors (or at least having them turned down). The car has some 34,000 miles on it and I am noticing the wobble in the steering wheel consistant with rotor warpage. I was under there once, and I am not sure if you must remove the large wheelbearing nut in order to remove the rotor - or if after I take off the caliper bracket the rotor simply slides off the wheelbearing housing. My basic questions are....First, do I only need to remove the caliper bracket to get the rotor off (I personally believe the answer to this is no). Second, if I must remove the wheelbearing nut, anyone know the socket size (I will have to buy it)? Third, if I must remove the wheelbearing housing with the rotor (which I believe is true), do I need to repack the bearings and place them into the new rotor if I can't get it turned? Lastly, the parts guy at Kia tells me the rotor is 162.00/side, and that it does NOT include the wheelbearing housing (only a rotor). But he didn't sound terribly convincing......does this sound right to you guys? Thanks for any and all help.
  • Options
    I disconnected the aftermarket keyless remote/alarm and
    have had no problems with unwanted locking of doors since.
    I park in my garage at night so I don't need an alarm besides the Sorento has been voted least likely to be stolen.Yippee.The dome light is erratic though.
  • Options
    hereagnhereagn Member Posts: 2
    Oh no...I am scared now after reading all these messages..We just leased a 2006 Kia Sorento. I am glad its only a lease. Was giving Kia a chance so we can breakaway from Toyotas but now i not sure it was smart. Someone please tell me these cars arent that bad. At least i can turn it in 36 months.....Tell me something good!!!! :cry:
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    This is a "problems" discussion so naturally owners are going to post in here seeking help with issues. Enjoy the new ride. :shades:

Steve, Host
  • Options
    Every car has some problems!I have a Sorento and I think it is superior to the 98 Explorer I once had.I also have a
    Toyota Highlander so time will tell which one has to
    be in the shop first.Things I would change, reduce the weight,give it IRS,and an autostick tranny.Maybe the
    redesigned Santa Fe will fit this description.
  • Options
    tkmomtkmom Member Posts: 1
    Was looking for another update on your vehicle. I have 05 EX and started having similar problem w/i a couple months after purchased new last summer. First time it happened I was sitting at a stop light and thought for sure somebody had rear-ended me--that's how pronounced the feeling. Looked in rear view mirror and nobody was even behind me. When I'm at a stop (often when releasing brake pedal) it feels like the backend kicks. I took to my dealer and they could duplicate it, but had it for 2 days and never identified the problem of solution and just gave it back to me. They suspected transmission sensor or something. (??? I'm thinking brakes, but I know nothing). I had to rent a car for 2 days while they scratched their heads about it. I'm so ticked that KIA doesn't offer a loaner for a brand new, obviously defective vehicle. In fact, they even balked at giving me a ride to work saying they don't shuttle more than 5 mi. from dealership. I've had Chevy, Toyota and Honda and never had such a non-servicing service dept! Anyway, my vehicle continues to buck and a couple times I was going about 50 mph and switched lanes to pass and had the pedal to the floor and it didn't kick into passing gear and was just like I had it on cruise and no sign of acceleration. I hate to take it back to the dealership (now have about 6400 mi on it) cz it is such an inconvenience getting rides and/or expense to rent a car again. Am about the cancel out my extended warranty I bought cz plan on trading as soon as the loan no longer upside down. But, in the meantime, I still have to drive it and hate it as I do. Anyone get an answer to this back-end kick so I can take back to dealer and give them instructions on how to fix?
  • Options
    fairn1fairn1 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2003 Sorento with 138,000 kms on it. It has been -- and continues to be-- a great vehicle! Lately though, I have noticed a slight hesitation or 'lurching' when going up a grade at highway speeds. Dealer suggested a fuel treatment to clean the injectors, etc. and a transmission fluid change but neither helped. I did notice that it only happens in overdrive and when I press the 'Auto o/d off' button, it does not do it. Any ideas or suggestions for a fix? Thanks.
  • Options
    fairn1fairn1 Member Posts: 2
    Mine has 138,000 kms on it and has done it from Day 1. It is annoying but mine didnt get any worse. Dealer didn't have a fix for it.
  • Options
    In the 70's it was commmon for new cars to suffer lean surge where it would not run smooth at certain speeds.
    In turning off O/D you make the engine run with less
    of a load and at a higher RPM thus getting it out of the
    irritating range.Clogged injectors would cause this
    assuming the CPU is okay.With no check engine light it is difficult to say.The quality of gas makes a difference
    and use one with Techron to clean the fuel system. I had a knock in my 03 Sorento and I put Chevron gas in it and it cleared up within 5 miles.I am not a mechanic but I was raised around garages and love things automotive.
  • Options
    I was going to post this earlier but I was having problems posting here and still am.
    We have had the erratic dome light problem for awhile now in our 03 Sorento EX and I don't have the time to run to the dealer to have it corrected. There is a TSB on repairing it, adding a diode to the circuitry that is behind the drivers side kick panel down by the fuse box. But awhile back a fellow Sorento owner posted a quick fix on how to remedy this on another forum and I have tried it and it works. In one year I have had to do it twice, I must be setting something off to trigger the erratic behavior of the dome light but it will work, just follow the instructions.

1. With the engine running, make sure your dome is on DOOR.
    2. Open your driver's door. Leave it open.
    3. Press the POWER LOCK button on the drivers door to the LOCK position (locks will pop open automatically).
    4. Press the POWER LOCK button on the drivers door to the UNLOCK position.
    5. Turn off the engine.
    6. Start the car.

After completing this steps the domelight started working right away. I payed special attention in order to document it. Anyone experiencing the problem go ahead, try it.
  • Options
    hicaffa - Is it a TSB on this? I have an '03 Sorento. How is your car now? Mine has 43K miles. So far so good. But I am shopping for a new set of tires. They are pretty worn. Plus it's about time to replace the brake pads and/or resurface the front rotors.

Do you guys knows what is the warranty coverage for rust? There is a rust spot near the rear license plate garnish. Dealer told my car is over the mileage.
  • Options
    Yes there was a TSB on the light it was listed in the "KIA Technician Times, Volume 7 Issue 2 2004. It describes the diode problem and also the rear end thump.
    As for the rust I thought the warranty was 5 yrs and 50,000 miles check your owners manual and also check the warranty book that came with the manual. I will look at my old papers and see if I have a copy of the warranty brochure. I usually save everything. I got new rotors about a year ago because of them being warped covered under warranty. I will be getting new tires this year as well. I will not buy the these Michelin's again but try the Toyo brand as I have them on my truck rated as a all weather tire, quite yet great in the snow. Our Sorento has been running very well, I had to replace the overflow tank for the radiator last month. for almost 2 years I have been smelling anti freeze in the engine compartment and finally we saw the leak.
    Check my profile for my email address and write to me and I will try to forward the TSB to you.
  • Options
    TSB on 2003 model or others too? I know dealer will not cover TSB if warranty is up. And they don't notify the owners unless for recalls. So 43K mile still OK?

I went to BJ's Wholesale and found two choices of tire: Michelin (same as stock) and Uniroyal. Both are similar except treadwear on Michelin is 700 ($153) and Uniroyal is 540 ($116).

They replaced the anit-freeze coolant bottle twice before. They found a slow leak due to the poorly design. This one replaced a year ago, no problem so far.

I always thought the rust thing is 5 years/50000 miles like most cars. I emailed the Kia Consumer Affairs to check.

Have you seen the pictures for Sorento facrlift? Wonderinf if it will be a 2006.5 model or 2007 for the states.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The rust warranty on most cars requires actual perforation of the metal before warranty coverage kicks in.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    beyond_helpbeyond_help Member Posts: 110
    "I went to BJ's Wholesale and found two choices of tire: Michelin (same as stock) and Uniroyal. Both are similar except treadwear on Michelin is 700 ($153) and Uniroyal is 540 ($116)."

the Michelin tires on sorentos are oem are cheepos and can not be purchased. the ones sold at bj's and elsewhere are the real ones, different spects but have the same name on them "cross terrain" and have a higher wear rating and tread depth.
    visit the Michelin web site for the compairson of the two
  • Options
    ldybiuldybiu Member Posts: 1
    Squawk a little louder about the rental in the future. They just might give you one at their expense. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. My dealer (service dept) didn't even look at my car and telling me no at 43K miles. I did contact Kia for the answer. By the way, it's a rust spot (1/4" dia) on the liftgate. Can't tell if I see the metal yet.
  • Options
    I think the OEM (Michelin) is OK but not cheap for the price. Isn't it higher the treadwear rating the better? The Uniroyal is like 20-30% less life the Michelin.

Also, I found other brand at the tire store like BF Goodwich in P245/75R16. The guy there said it has to be like the stock one 70R.
  • Options
    sorentosansorentosan Member Posts: 1
    Anyone out there had any unusual problems with their Sorento? I have
    a 2003 and have had a number of what I call unusual problems. I
    drive my cars usually 100,000 trouble free miles and have all
    maintance performed by the dealership. This baby had been
    different. I've replaced the battery 3 time, both headlights went
    out simultaneously, rear tail lights have gone out, after the 60,000
    check up it started using oil the valve seals were replaced to no
    avail, and now we are talking ring job, and yesterday the drive shaft
    went out!!!! I'm 59 years old and drive very conservatively, just a
    lot of open road miles at the posted speed limits. Granted the car
    has 73,000 miles on it but I don't think that is exceptional and I
    expect a car with a 100,000 mile warrenty to last well beyond that
    time period especially with the care I give my vehicles. Just
    wondering if I got the one bad apple or if any others have had
    strange problems with this vehicle. I've driven a number of cars
    well past the 100,000 usually keep a car about 5-6 years, and have
    never had any of these problems ever! I've never replaced a head
    light much less one on a car that is just 3 years old. Love the
    thing, but it's beginning to make me nervous.
    Just another note, I just found out my dealer uses 5W20 oil in this
    car - I find this very odd - I live in Houston - they say that is
    what they were told to use, regardless of what the OM says! Comments
    Anyone??
  • Options
    if you read your owners manuel the oil you should be using in your area is 10w-30 or 10w-40
    as to the lifespan of the our engine (3.5 hyundia sigma D engine)i have my reservations also :confuse:
  • Options
    user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    seems to me, the lights blowing and the batteries going dead sound like an alternator issue, probably poor voltage regulation.
  • Options
    Just learned the warranty for paint is 36 moths or 36,000 miles. I always thought it was 5 years or 60,000 miles.
  • Options
    joboo1joboo1 Member Posts: 75
    Are you sure about the paint warranty.
  • Options
    Yes. I always thought it was 5 years or 60,000 miles for paint warranty. I looked at the owners manual and warranty book. It is 36 months or 36,000 miles. However, I am confused with the 60 months/100,000 miles anti-perforation warranty.

My dealer told me the warranty is up for the rust spot on my '03 Sorento (near the rear license garnish) with 43K miles. Then I contacted Kia Consume Affairs for help. They will schedule a local Kia rep for me.

I think my case is about anti-perforation warranty. But it could the paint issue. Well, I don't know. I need to hear what they say.
  • Options
    taboo1taboo1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a '04 Kia Sorento LX model. I have been trying to figure out what the problems are with my lights. I took my car in for service in November because my rear door lock had become stuck. Once I got to the dealership, I decided to mention a problem that I'd had for months with my cargo light (It was blown and I'd already tried replacing with a fuse). I left the dealership with both problems corrected. They told me the cargo light only needed a fuse. Later, that same day I noticed that my headlight on the passenger side was blown. I got in touch with the service manager at the dealership and told him what had happened. I explained that when I came in the day before that all lights were working and I needed to have lights repaired ASAP. I took the vehicle back and after they replaced the headlight they brought the work order slip to me and told me they had to replace the passenger brake light also. The total amount of the bill was somewhere around $60, but after jumping into my clown suit I was told "no charge". I think it was very unfortunate that I would have to result to theatrics in order to have something repaired that was working fine before they got their hands on it. Recently, I took my car in for an oil change. After they completed my oil change and returned my car to me, NO PASSENGER HEADLIGHT/NO PASSENGER BRAKE LIGHT. I had to let Bozo out for a repeat performance. The lights are working now, but I don't want to have to go through the same drama every time my car needs service.
  • Options
    debbie15debbie15 Member Posts: 2
    Hi all, My heater core just let go and the dash had to be ripped out to replace it. 2 days after i got the vehicle back from the dealer the airbag light came on and stayed on. I brought it back to the dealer who told me the system was getting to much of a charge and needed to be replaced. They said it is not covered under warranty and would cost over 700.00 dollars. My question is do you think it could have anything to do with the dash coming out? i mean what can wear out or breakdown with an airbag? doea this seem right? they told me it was safe to drive that nothing would happen? any advice?
  • Options
    nvestg8rnvestg8r Member Posts: 20
    Why was it not covered? And, I hope you didn't pay. :confuse:
  • Options
    Last time the light was on, my dealer replaceed the clock spring. Did they tell you what is wrong? Did you pay? Why it is not covered? I usually have a great respond from Kia Consumer Affairs for dealer related issues.
  • Options
    debbie15debbie15 Member Posts: 2
    They said it was not covered period. I have no idea why . I thought safety items would be covered especially something like airbags. It's not like you can service them or they wear out. No I did not pay and it is still not fixed. I did however go to the nhts and filed a complaint. I also looked up other complaints with the sorento and was surprised to find out that there are quite a few with airbags, electrical, front end and fuel lines that could catch fire. I didn't even know there was safety recall on those.
  • Options
    user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    if you continue to replace lightbulbs, i'd be suspicious that my alternator was bad, possibly the circuitry which clamps the output from getting grossly above 12-14 volts.
  • Options
    sorentomansorentoman Member Posts: 3
    The crankshaft bolt on my Sorento broke four times in 50,000 miles. The third time they put in the redesigned bolt and it only lasted about 5,000 miles. This last time they put in a new short block so we'll see what happens.

My new problem is a problem in the tranny. Apparently it's an electrical problem; a solenoid isn't getting powered. They think they have it fixed so hopefully that will be the last of it.

I really like my Sorento but after the fifth trip to the shop my patience is worn thin.
  • Options
    i think the time has come for everyone who has had this problem to file a complaint with the NHTSA and force KIA to come up with a real fix
    i as one who has had this problem and lost power steering as a result considers it to be a serious issue
    i no longer tow my pop/up with it because when the c-shaft bolt broke i was 280 miles from home with a freind who was 50 miles from his house, what an embarrasment and inconveince !
    because i can no longer trust this vehicle i can't take it far from home anymore
    when i told the Kia area rep i can no longer trust my sorento i did not get much of a responce from him :lemon:
  • Options
    portmerionportmerion Member Posts: 1
    Since 30000 service have had a serious problem that while driving, the engine for no reason cuts out. Could be driving at any speed. After switching off the ignition and re starting the after 30 seconds it fires straight away. I can then continue my journey with out any more problems. This has happened 4 times now,in the last 6 weeks.Took it to the dealers after the second time but they could find any problem. The last time it happened i was driving along a dual carriageway in fast lane.Luckely was able to pull over. Scary. Is there anybody out there that has had same problem.
    Up until then everything had been fantastic. Love my Sorento . Nervous to drive it now.
  • Options
    capn2capn2 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 sorento 2wd. At about 4000 miles the trans was replaced because on 2nd gear synchros. The driveline was replaced because of a vibration at around 70 mph. The new trans still feels like crap after 1500 miles but not all the time. The vibration is back too (if it was ever really gone) but not as bad. Guess I will take it in again. :lemon:
  • Options
    uaeuae Member Posts: 1
    Dear Mr.

I'm a proud owner of a Kia Sorento 3.5V6 2003 year model (Eng No G6CU3673884 Chassis No KNAJC523635154782) and my car is giving me much joy. People is giving me much praise for the performance and ability of my Sorento. I'm living in the UAE in Abu-Dhabi. Desert driving is a joy and other manufactures battle to keep up.

My car has a few flaws, for instance. The engine protection plate is much to thin and week. Sand humps is bending the plate right to the radiator. If you could consider to make it stronger and more durable a lot of Kia Sorento owners would apresiate it.

Another problem I have is, on 33393Km the crankshaftpully came loose and had to spend the day at Kia in Fujairah in the UAE. This happened in mid summer. The personal at Kia Fujairah were very keen to help and worked right thru lunch time to get us going again. About 6 Hours after our arrival at Kia Fujairah we were ready to go and I am very pleased with the customer service.

Just short of the 70 000 km service my cars low range packed up. Kia service centre in Abu-Dhabi said they would change the transfer box covered by GULF WARRANTIES on 80 000 km service together with the timing belt.

Now at 73 500km the same thing happened, the crank shaft pulley totally broke off. My factory warenty is over, but luckily I have taken out an extended warren tie up to 5years or 150 000km. Only this time thy have to replace the crankshaft. Thy also found a cracked piston and let me know thy will also have to replace the set of pistons, thy also replaced 24 valves and on the job card is written that the cam belt jumped in result of the pulley that broke off. The insurance company informed me they do not cover a crank shaft pulley. The insurance company (GULF WARRANTIES) said they would pay only some of the parts. Now Kia service centre in Abu -Dhabi said that I must pay for the spares that the insurance company won't pay for. I feel that it is unfair for them (Kia and GULF WARRANTIES) to say that I must pay for some parts after Kia re fitted the pulley after it came off at 33393Km. I feel Kia worked on the crankshaftpully and they must have given me a another 60 000 km Kia Warranties for the work they have done, and that if a crankshaft pulley would brake off again like it did, that Kia should cary the cost to what ever brakeges extra caused by such an incident. I have never missed any service. All the services was done by Kia service centre in Abu-Dhabi.

Now this Sorento was towed in on the 18/03/2006 and to day is the 24/04/2006 and my car is still in the workshop. I already paid an instalment of 1875AED and is due a another instalment now Kia Abu-Dhabi is expecting me to pay for the damages caused by a pulley that was worked on by a Kia service Centre. I can not accept this.

I want to sell this car after it's fully fixed, for I no longer trust this car, for my wife and I have a 3 month old baby boy and would not like to get stranded in mid summer in the middle of the dessert, so I am selling. I already bought a new 2006 Kia Sorento 2nd from top of the list (Eng No G6CU5267791, Chassis No KNAJC523365595273) for I trust and beleave in your Kia Sorento product.

My only concern is that this pulley situation is common to the Sorento range, not in such a sever case. I asked the service provider at Kia Abu-Dhabi garage wether it's common in which he replied," the pulley only become loose". Now this is where it all started and when the driver realize this, its too late.

Apart from me 8 of my South African Friends in the UAE is driving Kia Sorento's, 1 is driving a Shuma and 1 is driving a 2006 Carnival.

I bought this 2006 model on 26March 2006 for I trust in your Products. If you would, please help me solve this problem. I would appreciate your concern.

Yours Faithfully.
    JJ Jansen van Rensburg.
    P.O. Box 47503.
    My contact no +971504186272
    jansen@emirates.net.ae
    Kia Sorento 3.5V6 2003
    (Eng No G6CU3673884 Chassis No KNAJC523635154782)
    Purchase date June 2003. 73500Km
    Al-Majid Motors Abu-Dhabi.
  • Options
    yes, this is a common problem and as far i a know Kia has no intensions of coming up with a real fix
    isn't it nice to own a vehicle you don't trust to drive around the block in fear you won't get back !!
    just like my sorento with the same problem
  • Options
    goldsuvgoldsuv Member Posts: 51
    This site has shop manual, TSB, Tech notes and it is free, you just have to register. http://msw.kiausa.com/index.asp
  • Options
    clancy2clancy2 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2004 sorento with PT 4WD. Since it has been new it has periodically gone into 4wd on its own. I have even watched the switch move into 4hi. This usually happens when making several hard turns such as when backing out of tight parking spots. This has been referred to the dealer who has never heard of the problem. The service manager contacted Kia and they also say this cannot happen. But we have watched it move of its own accord. They have replaced the switch on the dash board but it still does it. You can't get it to do it by making hard turns but when you least expect it there it goes. Has anyone else had this problem and what was the solution. I would like to get it fixed before my 5 yr warranty runs out.