Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Kia Amanti 2006 and earlier

Comments

• Options
    inthewayintheway Member Posts: 3
    ESP (electronic stability program) is supposed to stabilize the car during sudden evasive driving. Like a more advanced traction control, taking into account driver inputs. The same program exists on other cars such as Lexus, Mercedes even though it may go under another name (Stabilitrac, for instance). If I'm wrong, someone correct me.

BTW, I've grown totally happy with the ride and have no desire to firm it up . I love the car. It is 100 percent luxury car as far as I'm concerned. The only qualms I have are the same as most people's (reliabilty, dealer service).
  • Options
    baseballberniebaseballbernie Member Posts: 19
    I have the same reliability concerns but I'm not sure what you mean by "dealer service". Does Kia have a problem with service? Can we expect problems getting parts or something?

I just went over 1800 miles and still no problems. Just a nice smooth ride. I had been driving a couple of Nissan Sentras for the last 8 or 9 years. The difference of course is huge. I heard concerns about the Amanti's power but after driving those 4 cylinders it seems powerful enough to me.
  • Options
    kasikasi Member Posts: 2
    I have not bought a Kia Amanti as of yet but I may this week. Is there any thing I should know or ask that you out there did not ask or wish you would have after you signed on the dotted line. The price of the Amanti I am looking at is $29,130.00,they offered a 3,000 dollar rebate plus another thousand off. Does this sound in the area of what you paid ? I have read all the latest posting and they all sound Good to me.
  • Options
    If I had the chance to do it again I'd try one of those internet car buying sites where you tell them which car you want and they get the lowest quotes from different dealers in your area. I'd look to get out the door as close to 23K as possible.
  • Options
    buffbuff Member Posts: 38
    Hi Kasi going today to purchase my Amanti I live in Eldersburg Maryland my price was 29,200 (not sure exactely) but it was 29 something. The dealer is going to sell it to me for 23,999 plus on the road it come to 24,444. Checked all dealers in this area for months this is the best price. Getting the Pearl White and Gray Interior. I have been all over looking at everything from Lexus and everything. I like the Amanti cause it has lots of head and body room. Good Luck with your purchase. Buff
  • Options
    Kasi I did first go in person to all the dealers then I did the internet its the only was to go. You don't have to deal with all the bull they give you in the store. On the internet they call you by phone its great. Buff
  • Options
    kasikasi Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to those who have responded to my question. To baseballbernie I have submitted my request to a few area dealers on the computer but no answer as of yet. I am in Toledo Ohio and there is only 1 dealer here selling KIA. Close by is Detroit and that is where I submitted my request too. When you said close to 23 Did you mean out the door or 23 plus tax.? What was the best interest rate offereed by KIA.?
  • Options
    23 before tax would be a great deal. If your limited to one dealership you won't have as much bargaining power. I'd email the next 2 closest as well. Even if you don't plan to actually use them it will give you something to bargain with with the dealer you do plan to use. Kia normally won't give you the low financing if they give you the rebate. Wells Fargo Bank gave me 3.89. If you do the math the rebate is normally better than the low interest rate from Kia.

One other thing it's better to go through something like this site Edmunds.com, newcar.com or carbuying.com. There are a number of these sites that will get all the details from you then send it to at least 3 dealers. This also lets the dealer know your looking at other dealers and they will normally send you their best quote. If you just email the dealer directly he still knows your just dealing with him. The middle guys don't normally charge you anything and if they do I think it's less that $50. I really wish I had done this I think I could have saved several thousand. Instead I fell in love with the car and acted on impluse. Best wishes for a great car at a great price.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    I was so excited about my car in my last post I put an incorrect number. This is what I paid exactely. MSRP 29,240 that has the freight and handling included (590) bottom line with tax and tags it cost exactely 24748.70 sorry I put the incorrect cost on the last post. Just got it today Pearl White and Grey leather..... So happy
  • Options
    whzrdwhzrd Member Posts: 39
    I was just wondering if anyone heard.

Buff, good going! enjoy it! Keep coming back so we can find how the car is treating you.
  • Options
    markks1950markks1950 Member Posts: 2
    I haven been very impressed with the overall ride, quality and features of my Amanti (leather package) however two items of concern; the paint is chipping off in the oddest of places i.e. inside door and the thermometer reading guage reacts to rain or water at the car wash place by dropping 20 degrees immediately and staying there for hours. Other than these quirks which I plan to bring to the dealers attention for warranty purposes, I am very pleased with the vehicle. Any feedback from other Amanti Owners??
  • Options
    boa35boa35 Member Posts: 21
    I suspect the 2004 Amanti's are going to have exceptional reliability figures. I got mine in January and except for some odd clicking noise in the steering column area, that shortly disappeared on its own, I have had absolutely no problems with anything on the car--no mechanical problems, no squeaks/rattles, no paint problems, nothing. I consider that very unusual as I've been buying new cars for 40 years and this is the best its ever been.
    I also have a 2004 Nissan Quest that has had extremely few problems (which I believe is the majority situation). But, if you read Edmunds problems board on the '04 Quest (or the Toyota Sienna for that matter) you would probably never buy one--or at least you'd be very wary. The litany of problems seems pervasive, horrendous, and endless--and they started from day-one. BUT no such situation has developed with the Amanti. I realize there are a lot more new Quests on the road than Amanti's but if there had been some endemic problem in a certain area they would surely have surfaced by now.
    Other than your's, bong1's post in August was the first I remember where someone was experiencing serious problems. But as is the case with the Quest, any problems that arise (which in reality are probably unavoidable) are likely to represent only a very small percentage of the total Amanti "population."
  • Options
    topgeartopgear Member Posts: 111
    Well...I've put on over 13,000 miles on my grey Amanti. My only real problem I've had is that the right mirror does not flip down anymore as it's supposed to when in reverse. That's really minor and I'm certain that will be addressed the next time I bring 'her' in for routine service. I truly love this car. It has such a nice ride and it is very quiet and as mentioned many times already -comfortable.

The steering column 'noise' boa35 refers to could have been the key fob. It sometimes swings and hits the steering column. This will give you a click everytime the car hits a bump and of course it seems to come from the steering column itself.

I also note that some people are concerned about the 'soft' suspension. Let me just say that once you are used to the car, you can really corner very well with little fear. In fact I really enjoy the looks and stares I get as I zip around in this unassuming looking sedan! (-Not in a dangerous manner of course).

Has anyone seen the Korean version of this car called the "Opirus"? Thank goodness they changed the grill for us here in North America. I don't think they would sell too many that way. Take a look.

http://www.autoweek.nl/newsdisp.php?ID=1659

Well, enjoy your Amanti's everyone!!
    This is the most equipped car for your money available today -if you're in the market for a high class sedan.
    -Pete (topgear)
    PS I don't work for KIA in any way! ...I'm just a retired guy in Florida!
  • Options
    markks1950markks1950 Member Posts: 2
    My amanti runs great but the paint is chipping badly in the drivers door sill and the same is happening near the right front wheel well. The dealer is honoring the warranty and it is going into the body shop at Kia's expense. ( I have had the car about 4 months.) Other than the paint chipping, I love the car!
  • Options
    stocktec1stocktec1 Member Posts: 1
    HEY ALL THIS FROM AN OIL CHANGE COMMENT?------------------------>Free oil changes for a year? I was negotiating with a dealer here is Los Angeles and they said free oil changes for as long as I own the car! But after reading some of the prices I see here that people have paid, maybe I pay for the oil changes in the price... lol. Here is what I am told. First I had this guy who was a so called "Professional Provider," who on behalf of members of a credit union, handle the purchasing for their members of new and or used cars. Funny how when I told the dealer(Ray) I have such an individual and that who ever has the best price gets the sale, the dealer told me he will give me the car @ $300 over his "listed price." He also pointed out that the "Provider" gets paid too so it will be added to the price. (interesting that when I told the provider the dealer will sell for $300 over invoice he has not yet returned my call. Its been 5 days now. lol) Here is the break down: Inv.Price $22,695 / MSRP Price $24,995 / Dealer Price $23,701 / Inv. Price Leather Opt. $1,611 / MSRP Leather Opt. $1,805 / Dealer Leather Opt. $1,611 / Inv.Price Conv. Package $803 / MSRP Conv.Package $900 / Dealer Conv. Package $1,103 / Inv.Price Destination $540 / MSRP Destination $540 / Dealer Destination $0 / Inv.Price $300 over / MSRP $300 over / Dealer $300 over / Inv.Price Calif. State Tax $2,141 / MSRP Calif. State Tax $2,355 / Dealer Calif. State Tax $2,204 / Inv.Price Lic. Fee $250 / MSRP Lic. Fee $250 / Dealer Lic. Fee $250 / Inv.Price Doc. Fee* $50 / MSRP Doc. Fee* $50 / Dealer Doc. Fee* $50 / Inv.Price Grand Total $28,390 + <$3,000> = $25,390 OUT THE DOOR / MSRP Grand Total $31,195 + <$3,000> = $28,195 OUT THE DOOR / Dealer Grand Total $29,219 + <$3,000> = $26,219 OUT THE DOOR.

* Dealer Doc Fee: Such fees are legitimate and may be called "processing" or other such names but your Secretary of State sets a maximum fee so don't pay more! The <$3,000> is the rebate or 0% Financing which is only for 2 years... DUH! (What a dis-incentive!)

Note: Always get the base model price negotiated FIRST! NO OPTIONS! That way you know what the options are costing and how they affect final monthly payments. Next, add them in + Destination Fees then your State Tax Rate then Lic. Fees and Doc Fees and finally the Rebate. Interesting how they WILL NOT allow you to take the rebate before State Tax. Also be sure to have them quote their financing rates if you finance the car. Oh by the way, they will not deal with you suggesting you will pay cash, as if that gets a better price. To them, it's all cash anyway wether financed or not... they always get paid even IF they do the financing! THEY MAY SELL THE NOTE AND MAY RETAIN SERVICING RIGHTS! Bet ya didn't know that!

Never tell them you have a trade-in or any cash down until you negotiated the basic car price. Later, if you want to put more down or consider a trade in, it is an idea entertained after your negotiations are done... NOT B/4! (Ever play poker? Ya don't show your hand early do ya?)

Here are the rates they gave me: 3.900% w/out rebate - 5yr term / 4.750% w/rebate - 5yr term / 0.000% Financing NO REBATE - 2yr term.

Analyze Pricing: 3.90% @ 5yrs no rebate pricing @ $29,219 = $537/mo. 4.75% @ 5yrs w/rebate pricing @ $26,219 = $492/mo. These assume no down payment.

ANALYZE DOLLAR PER MONTH PAYMENT REDUCTION PER $1,000 OF DOWN PAYMENT: $26,219 @ 4.75% 5yrs = $491.79/mo. --- $26,219 - $1,000 down = $25,219 @ 4.75% 5yrs = $473.03/mo. THEREFORE, $491.79 - 473.03 = $18.76/mo PER $1,000 OF DOWN PAYMENT. Now if you wanted to knock off approximately $100 of monthly payment you'd multiply $18.76 x 6 or $112.56. Remember, that's $18.76 reduction in payment per month per each $1,000 you put down (there goes your cash!). So, $491.79 - $112.56 = $379.25/mo with $6,000 down! Want a monthly payment of $266.67? You will need $12,000 down. Try $154.11 per month... you'll have to put down $18,000! Hope this gives you some idea how precious your cash IS!!!!
  • Options
    skuuterskuuter Member Posts: 144
    I had this same problem with my 2003 Tiburon. It appears that Hyundai/Kia use a light colored plastic resin for these rocker panels/sills, bumper covers, etc. If they used a color that closely matched the car's paint color, this problem would go away, as most owners would never notice the chipping.

A lot of new cars, including my 2004 CTS, use plastic panels on lower parts of the car trim. My passenger side rocker panel is very slightly dented/chipped from the kids getting in and out, but it's not noticeable unless you're washing that section because the plastic under the paint is dark grey, almost matching the Silver Smoke color.
  • Options
    harmar2harmar2 Member Posts: 36
    Most posts here have been dealing with initial cost. That's pretty well established many places I can look up.

I'm more interested in what you've been getting mileage-wise, on cars W/O CA emissions gear. Reviews I've seen have said the car is in need of more power/a bigger engine to handle it's weight. Any more observations/opinions on that score? Any reports from dealers re: a bigger engine for 2005?

I'm looking at the Amanti as a possible replacement for a Merc Grand Marquis (Ford seems to be looking toward dumping the GM and CV, because its youthful designers think too many of us old fogeys want them and not enough young whippersnappers!). I like the Amanti's ride, equipment and price, but want to be able to get past a semi quickly when I want, even on a steep hill, and am getting 28 mpg on my Merc (highway).

Input would be very much appreciated.
  • Options
    Not sure on my mileage, it's got to be in the twenties but I doubt it's 28 (I have regular immisions as I live in Colorado). I've got about 2200 miles and I still haven't checked my mileage. I'm happy with the power but I was driving a 4 cyl. nissan before so anything an improvement.

It's not going to be a quit as large as or have as much power as a Grand Marquis, but the power is more than enough for me. I've rented Grand Marquis and Crown Vic's and loved the ride. I thought about getting one but they won't fit in my garage. I also thought being an 8 cyl. the mileage would be bad but, 28 sounds good.

I also liked the look of the Amanti as compared to the Avalon, I also didn't want to pay another 5K. If your concerned about passing take another test drive. I'll try to get back to you on the mileage but I don't think it can beat 28. If money is not an issue I check out Lexus and if you like the Grand Marquis, what about the Crown Vic, they can't stop making those.
  • Options
    lngtonge18lngtonge18 Member Posts: 2,228
    The Amanti accelerates to 60 a tad quicker then the Grand Marquis, so you should have no concerns about power. It jumps off the line fast and pulls hard till about 5500 rpms. The engine has plenty of power; its just slow compared to the Altima/Galant/Accord crowd. The Marquis was never a "fast" car, so even though the Amanti has a much smaller engine, don't let it fool you. As for mileage, I wouldn't expect to see more then 26mpg on the highway. Hyundai engines aren't known for their super high gas mileage, but it is a quiet, smooth, refined, and dependable engine. There will be no new engines for 2005 but 2006 might see the introduction of Hyundai's new 3.8 liter V6.
  • Options
    staceyazstaceyaz Member Posts: 26
    I don't know how the power of the Amanti is relative to other large cars, but it certainly seems powerful enough to me. We have that engine in both an Amanti and a Sedona, and both of them seem to take off better than your typical smallish V6.

Now, as for fuel economy. The sticker tells me to expect about 17 city, 20 highway. I have checked the mileage on every single fillup, and it has ranged from 17.1 to a high of about 19.6. The 17.1 came from purely city driving, while the 19.6 came from about 300 miles of mostly highway. It's possible that with pure highway driving (a day on the Interstate), you might break 20MPG slightly (maybe 21 or even 22). However, there is absolutely NO WAY you will ever come close to 28MPG, even if your Amanti is driven 300 miles downhill all the way on a sheet of ice with the engine shut off. Well, maybe in that case you would.

28MPG is phenomenal for the Mercury. Its specs say 17 city, 25 highway. If you're getting 28 out of it, you're doing very well. You won't touch that in a 2004 Amanti. And I love my Amanti very much, so it pains me to admit it.
  • Options
    lngtonge18lngtonge18 Member Posts: 2,228
    Remember, the Amanti has different fuel economy ratings then the Sedona. The Sedona is rated for 15/20 but the amanti is rated for 17/25.
  • Options
    Well I checked my mileage today on about a half a tank. The driving was combined highway and around town. It came out to 23.98. Thats a little higher than I thought it would be. I'll try and get the mileage off a full tank by next week.
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who provided feedback to my questions.

Yes, I realize my 28 mpg is excellent for my Marquis. (Posts on that thread have made that very clear. And my lead-footed buddy gets 2 - 5 mpg less than I'm getting.) If the CV and GM were to disappear, I'd be willing to sacrifice a few mpg for ride, weight, creature comforts, etc. (Don't be positive Ford can't/won't stop making CVs. Look at the lawsuits in various states due to the police cruiser fires. Don't forget that Ford is now run by a man who wants to be known as an "environmentalist." And look at what happened to the Taurus/Sable replacements. Finally, look at what designers did to the 2003 CV and GM to try to get more sales from a younger buying segment. CV/GM owners generally hated the stiffer ride. Just because one is somewhat paranoid doesn't mean they are NOT out to get you.) -- Staceyaz, loved your metaphor re: "300 miles downhill on ice with engine off." Sounds like you have lived in PA where I grew up! But, alas, I now live in Mid-Michigan where it is flat, flat, flat. If I shut off the engine, even on a sheet of ice, I'd be stopped "daid" in 300 feet. -- Many thanks, too, for the info on power. I'm not interested in running races form stoplights, but enjoy the passing power the GM has in hilly states, or the El Cajon Pass in CA! -- I have not yet driven an Amanti, as our local dealer can't keep them in stock. He gets one or two at an infrequent dribble, and they are gone quickly.

Thanks again, everybody. I enjoy all your posts. A real learning experience.

Harry
  • Options
    That's right, the Amanti does say 17/25, not 17/20. I stand corrected (although it makes me even more disappointed with my own results).

Of course, that doesn't change the data I mentioned. I have not broken 20 on any tank of gas I've put in the car. Who knows, maybe my mix of driving is worse than I thought. I know there should be SOME good explanation why my 2004 Amanti gives me only slightly better mileage than my 1977 Ford LTD!

Those of you who are getting 23/24/25/26 - wow, I'm very, very impressed. I got close to 30 out of my previous (slightly smaller) V6, so numbers like 23/25 are more like what I was hoping to get from the Amanti.

With all of my "city streets" driving, maybe I should be thankful I'm staying above the other end of the range - 17!

I haven't lived in PA, but I grew up in Southern Indiana, where it is very, very hilly (and very icy, on occasion). Now I'm in Arizona. And I can relate to someone who likes cars like the Crown Vic - I have a 1977 Ford LTD in my garage (barely), 44k total miles, bought new by my grandfather who drove it until 1994 (when he was 95 years old). Gotta love those big, big cars (even though mine's for sale right now).

At a rate of far less than 10,000 miles a year on my Amanti and LTD combined, it's not a huge deal. I look forward to driving the Amanti for about 12 more years, and then trading it and buying a MidlifeCrisisMobile.

Oh, the comment about needing a long downhill stretch, preferably icy - that came from my personal experiences as a young man, desperately trying to get my Ford Pinto up to highway speed. It was very pitiful.

One last question/comment: I have always used plain old 87 octane gas in my Amanti. The manual suggests that I might want to use premium fuel for "optimal performance", although regular unleaded (remember when regular and unleaded were different fuels?) is perfectly allowable. Anyone have experience with how much this changes a person's fuel economy? I don't want to shell out the extra $0.20 a gallon for premium unleaded, but might consider it if there were a significant benefit in economy, power, or both.
  • Options
    I've been running mine on regular unleaded since I bought it in July. I didn't notice the manual saying premium until after a month. I asked the no it all at work and he told me to keep running it on regular. I haven't noticed any pinging or less power. Seems to run on fine on it. The one time I checked the mileage on a half tank it was 23.98. I keep forgetting to reset the tripometer when refueling so that's all I have to go on.
  • Options
    stockchaserstockchaser Member Posts: 56
    Seems like alot of you talking about mileage are driving the Amanti without the dashboard computer. I have found it to be very accurate. This morning I filled my tank and reset the computer. I drove slightly over 100 miles so far today, with only 15 of those on city streets--the rest on the freeway. I averaged 25.7mpg. On my last tank I drove just over 280 miles before filling (tank not empty) and all of those miles were city streets--no highway at all. Averaged 18.7mpg. I don't consider that bad!
  • Options
    For what it's worth: posts on the Grand Marquis/Crown Vic thread have indicated some owners get as few as 16 mpg highway. No one replying could figure out why. So many factors go into mileage, but it seems that some cars just don't do as well as others. Maybe someone had a bad day on the assemblyline?

I have a '79 F250 SuperCab with a 460 V8, 14K miles on it. Used solely to tow a 35' fifth wheel RV. It got around 7 mpg with or without the fifth wheel in tow! I sold the fifth wheel! The truck is paid for, and it's nice to have something to throw a sheet of plywood into when needed.

The Amanti sounds very good to me. New car fever, stay away!

Thanks everybody!
  • Options
    kmqkmq Member Posts: 19
    Spotted this on ebay 9/24/04
    $18,998 New car dealer in South Carolina

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1- &item=2490876390
  • Options
    I remember Chrysler getting into deep doo-doo years ago when it refurbished cars that had been in hurricane-induced floods in the SE. It then shipped them all over the country and sold them without saying they'd been in floods. Big federal fines for Chrysler.

Though there is now a federal law against such dirty tactics, I read in the newspaper that a dealer, within the past few years, was caught doing this same thing. Another big fine!

I'd be very wary of every car "deal" in the SE, or in other areas for that matter. Running a CarFax title check would be well worth the few bucks they charge. And do a thorough inspection of any car you suspect might have been shipped in from another state.

TV ads I've seen have not mentioned any rebates on the Amanti.

But if that $19K deal is real, it's one worth pursuing.
  • Options
    lime679lime679 Member Posts: 38
    Hi guys. Anybody paying anything close to 29,000 for an Amanti is obviously on another planet. There are other vehicles out there with such a better reputation like the Camry and Accord. You can get a pretty loaded camry or accord for under 29,000! Guys look at everything before you spend that kind of money on Kia! Just an opinion.
  • Options
    One of the reasons I bought an Amanti over a Camry or Accord is for that very reason... It's not a Camry or Accord! Some days I swear I see between 30-50 an hour. I wanted something a little different, something a little bigger. It not only bigger than the Camry, it's bigger than the Avalon. I understand they have a better reputation but I'm hoping KIA has improved to become a much more reliable vehicle. Another big reason is I really liked the looks and once I drove it I was convinced. Also the Avalon is at least 5K more than what I paid.
  • Options
    sargeusmc57sargeusmc57 Member Posts: 12
    I have owned over 40 cars during my young life of all ethnic persuasions, colors, etc. I currently own an 01 Avalon with all of the extras and am about to unload it for what I consider to be an upgrade, viz., a Kia Amanti. What a nice looking and great riding car. IMHO it is one of the finest cars that I have ever driven bar none. And that includes Cads, Lincs, Olds, Lexus, etc. I intend to purchase an Amanti in about 2 weeks in Pearl White with grey interior with all of the options: convenience, leather, and esp packages. The price before taxes, etc. is $24K on a brand new unit. I have been thoroughly testing and evaluating a replacement for the Avalon for quite a long time and have actually tested/driven,etc. just about everything in the $25-$35K range and the winner is by a wide margin: The Kia Amanti. I am looking forward to owning this luxury car for a long, long time and will get an extended bumper to bumper warranty. As for a cheap and effective way to get a few more horsepower, I would suggest a K&N air filter. I put one on my 84 300ZX and it did make a slight difference; but it did make a differnece for about $50 - cheap. I appreciate all of the posts on this site and they have served the purpose of strengthening my resolve to purchase the Kia Amanti - a classic car IMHO. Semper Fi!
  • Options
    I went to Auto Zone and asked for a K&N filter for my Amanti and they said K&N had nothing listed for the 04 Amanti.

I also went to K&N's web site and left a message. They returned it saying they have not yet got around to the Amanti.

Does anyone know more on this?
  • Options
    Hey Bernie, let me suggest this in re the K&N filter. Pull the filter out of the Amanti and take it to AutoZone, etc. Look over the boxes and try sizing up the Amanti filter with one of the regular filters. Once you have determined a proper fit, check out the application of that filter and then get the K&N for that car. SemperFi. Oh, and once you have made that fit, would you please post the filter nomenclature. Thanks
  • Options
    ACCENTACCENT Member Posts: 10
    You may also want to check and see if K&N makes a filter for the Hyundai XG350, Santa FE, since they all use the same 3.5L V6. Hope that helps...
  • Options
    I have 1,091 miles on my car and I just love it. It runs great I do use plus gas is anyone else using plus it runs great. Good Luck Buff
  • Options
    Duh!! You are right one. I must have had a brain freeze; sorry bout that. Thanks Accent! SemperFi
  • Options
    richm155richm155 Member Posts: 1
    just returned from a short trip to Flagstaff, used only 87 octane have over 3000 mi on ours runs good except some tranny quirks.
  • Options
    black_tulipblack_tulip Member Posts: 435
    Yesterday while walking to my assigned spot in the Hertz lot, I found an Amanti while expecting a good old Taurus. For a minute, I thought about walking over to the customer service center and asking for a different car. After all, I don't want to drive a KIA for crying out loud! But then, the car looked inviting, had only 60 miles on the odo and the customer service center was far away.

I am now impressed! I did not know KIA built cars that were so comfortable,roomy, powerful and so full of features. Usually I get a backache in any unfamiliar car while I get used to it. None of that stuff here. I think this is a winner provided the car holds up for at least a 100K.

And, lose that blatant E class rip off front!
  • Options
    Ah shucks, blacktulip! You think it's a "blatant E class rip off front?"
    Now I'm REALLY disappointed--I thought it was an S-Type rip-off front.....LOL!
    (Maybe it's really just an AMANTI front!)
  • Options
    No, it's definitely not an Amanti front. It's a blatant, screaming ripoff of a Studebaker front. Or at least a Studebaker grill. Plastered onto a Jag/Mercedes front end. With a Mercedes interior. And a Lincoln back end. With the fuel economy of a Hummer. And the price of a low-end Buick. And more comfort than ANY of those!

Update: My Amanti continues treating me very well. Its only mechanical maintenance has been the first oil change. It's still just past 4k miles, so I can't make any comments about long-term reliability. I plan to drive it for 12 more years, so ask me then!

I've finally started seeing Amantis around suburban Phoenix. I wondered when that would finally happen. It was starting to scare me.
  • Options
    Studebaker front, hahaha! Stacey, you're a riot! Thanks for the laugh!
  • Options
    black_tulipblack_tulip Member Posts: 435
    Yup, the grill really resembles
    this

Gas mileage of a Hummer? Really? I am just getting ready to take a 300 mile trip thru the Nevada desert. I wonder how many times I have to fill up.
  • Options
    OK, the fuel economy is probably way better than a Hummer (I can't claim to be a savvy Hummer person). It's still a little disappointing sometimes, though.

black_tulip - I have a small model of a Studebaker in a display cabinet at home. I was looking at something in that cabinet a while back and saw the Studebaker, and thought "Hey - that's my Amanti!" Those Hawks are good-looking old cars; wish I had one in the garage.
  • Options
    kribe123kribe123 Member Posts: 13
    Hi, Friends

I am deeply worry because, I don't see any ad. about AMANTI 2005, maybe is an only one year edition, beside that I had seen only two AMANTIS on the road....

Other wise , I am happy with my car...

Cheers..
  • Options
    Hi Kribe: I kinda know what you mean I have only seen two in my area. I don't know about the 2005 but my car is running great and I do love it I got the pearl white fully loaded. It is comfortable and so far so good. But I don't see to many around. Good Luck with you car... Buff
  • Options
    Thanks Buff, you make me happy, perhaps we got a first classic car of the 21st century...Like a Tucker, Edsel.....You know good luck to you too,
    I will enjoy my .Jagbenzlinc...(fusion between Jaguar , Mercedes Benz and Lincoln)

Kribe..
  • Options
    alamid69alamid69 Member Posts: 59
    That's exactly how i felt when i bought our Sedona back in 2001. But now... there is not a single day that i don't see them on the road. It will be just a matter of time until you start seeing more of them.

Bino Rocha
  • Options
    idforedidfored Member Posts: 20
    I see more of them here in San Jose, CA, though we do not have a Kia dealer here. The closest is about 40 mile away, well not far but definitely not an ideal situation when you buy a car.
        I saw one with "Enterprise rental" license plate cover the other day.
  • Options
    That's good for me , now I can breath better....

Thanks a lots

Happy Weekend...