Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

97 Toyota Tacoma has spark and fuel will not start. What to do?

janieshafer64janieshafer64 Member Posts: 1
edited November 2015 in Toyota
need help. my 97 toyota tacoma will not start. have fuel, changed plugs, has spark. still will not start. help plz.

Answers

• Options
    93tracker5spd93tracker5spd Member Posts: 194
    Hello! Can't say for sure without vehicle here to run tests, but I would look at the MAF. (Mass Airflow Sensor, and the air filter. The MAF sensor can be cleaned, but never had any luck afterword. always replaced them. Good luck
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

need help. my 97 toyota tacoma will not start. have fuel, changed plugs, has spark. still will not start. help plz.

If you have spark and you have fuel, it pretty much has to start (may not run well) unless you have lost compression or unless the injectors are not opening. The injectors can be tested with a NOID light (available at your local parts store) and compression, of course, with a gauge.

If you have compression and you have injector pulse, then you've missed something in the spark or fuel department or might not have done the diagnostic thoroughly enough.