Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

More Long-Distance Driving Impressions - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2016 in Jeep
imageMore Long-Distance Driving Impressions - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

Jeep didn't design the 2015 Jeep Renegade to be a long-distance road tripper, but for the occasional drive to the mountains or lakes, it's just fine.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    edited April 2016
    The Renegade continues to underimpress regarding fuel economy. There are a number of small, AWD wagon and SUV options that would be just as efficient or more without the anemic powerplant and troublesome 9-speed.
  • Options
    banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    edited April 2016

The Renegade continues to underimpress regarding fuel economy. There are a number of small, AWD wagon and SUV options that would be just as efficient or more without the anemic powerplant and troublesome 9-speed.

Damn right! 22.8 mpg for a 250 mile road trip would be fine if it actually had a decent engine to accelerate, or if it was a 7+ seater. Given the pathetic gearbox, the anemic engine and the compact size, 22.8 mpg is laughable. Imagine how sales of this are going to drop once the price of fuel starts to pick up...

I guess JEEP designed this for looking cute rather than anything else...

"For the occasional weekend drive to the mountains or the lake, a Renegade should be just fine." Probably, but this was not by design rather by what it ends up being good enough for, after disappointing at all other aspects (except looks).
  • Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    I never realized how much the Renegade looks like a Smart Car until I saw that rear corner photo with the rear door open. For a moment, I actually thought y'all had slipped in a photo for a different article.
  • Options
    slick61slick61 Member Posts: 6
    crappy mileage... I had a '91 Ranger that would do that... or better.