Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2003 Saturn Vue Power Steering - Shuts Off

gmcjimmynoisegmcjimmynoise Member Posts: 2
edited July 2016 in Saturn
Strange problem here with the power steering. It shuts off randomly. I hear electrical click inside the car and then it shuts off/stops. If I stop, turn the ignition off, wait 5 seconds and then turn the ignition back on, the power steering is there again for a time. Lately it is shutting off more frequently.

Which part is failing? And you better be sure, some of these PS parts are over $500. /{]:]

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747

Strange problem here with the power steering. It shuts off randomly. I hear electrical click inside the car and then it shuts off/stops. Jeff

What trouble code is setting?

Which part is failing? And you better be sure, some of these PS parts are over $500. /{]:]

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Jeff

Why would you think that someone would be able to just tell you what is wrong?
  • Options
    gmcjimmynoisegmcjimmynoise Member Posts: 2
    Saturn problems are famous. My hope was that someone here might be able to answer my question from experience with known Saturn problems instead of asking me a question.
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747

Saturn problems are famous. My hope was that someone here might be able to answer my question from experience with known Saturn problems instead of asking me a question.

Having repaired a number of similar issues on these and other makes, each vehicle needs to be diagnosed on it's own. It's a common misconception that someone would just know what is wrong. This could be a common failure, it also could be a one time event nobody really knows until it is investigated.