Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    mynt2005mynt2005 Member Posts: 2
    I leased the car from "Bill Seidle's Nissan" in doral.

good luck on your new lease/purchase!
  • Options
    molly9molly9 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at a 2006 "S" Lease for $0 down $229. a month for 60 months. TTL are the only out of pocket expenses. Is this a good deal? I hate to lock into 60 months, however it looks like a good deal to me.
    ">
    Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    haleykahaleyka Member Posts: 3
    I've been offered 394 a month for 12K miles for 36 months on an SL with Touring and Sunroof package, wood dash, crossbars, wind deflector, cargo protector, floor mats, splash gaurds. MSRP is 37224 and sales price is 33107. Residual value is 18262 or 49% and money factor is .00042. Only cost at signing is tax title and destination. Numbers will be lower if they accept my trade-in which should fetch around $6000.

This seems like a great deal- or at least a very faor place to start- but i would love a second opinion?? carman?? anyone??

thanks so much.
  • Options
    oly6456oly6456 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for a 2006 SL with Touring package and NAVI so far the dealer has offered $34,284 but I hope to do better... Does anyone know what residual value & money factor I should expect to get for this vehicle?
  • Options
    hisham80hisham80 Member Posts: 1
    That sounds like a great deal to me. I would like to get the same package as well. Can you give me more info about the dealer and where they are located. Thanks.
  • Options
    jeb3779jeb3779 Member Posts: 16
    where did you lease touring with awd for 299 plus tax??

thanks
  • Options
    oly6456oly6456 Member Posts: 3
    Maroone of Kendall in Miami, Florida
  • Options
    mshalo18mshalo18 Member Posts: 4
    I leased a Chardonnay Murano SL AWD with touring pkg, plus sunroof deflector, splash guards, roof rails, cargo protector, and carpeted mats. 42 month lease comes to $437/month, only thing out of pocket was the first month's payment. Nissan also took me out of the last 4 payments on my Pathfinder. I live in NYC. Residual factor 50%, money factor .00042. I THINK it's a good deal- can anyone confirm?
  • Options
    Hi..don't know if you can help me with this. I am looking to lease a 2006 murano SL with the leather package or higher. We have about 6000 in negative equity on our trade in. Am I crazy to think I can get a murano for 0 down and under 500 a month with taxes? We want a 36-42 month lease with 12-15K . A dealership came close, but said they can't do it. Is this reasonable and is there a good time to go back (end of the month, 4th of July)? My friends who I have talked to tell me to hold out because they will call.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • Options
    warrenm1warrenm1 Member Posts: 2
    I got a lease price for a 2006 Nissan Murano AWD SL w/Touring Package + XM for the purchase price of $33,455.

The monthly payment on the lease is $399.75 (I think it includes taxes - checking with dealer) for 42 mo/0 down/12k miles a yr lease. Money factor is .00042 and the residual value is $18,342.50.

Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    lehmanrlehmanr Member Posts: 3
    FYI: I checked with the dealer. Taxes are *not* included and work the lease up to be $434/mo. :(
  • Options
    frankchinafrankchina Member Posts: 2
    Just leased SL with touring pkg (MSRP=$37K) at $400/mo(only pay 41 mo).
    Good deal?
  • Options
    frankchinafrankchina Member Posts: 2
    0 down, tax included!
  • Options
    matty2431matty2431 Member Posts: 1
    My fiance just leased a 2006 Murano and although I did most of the wheeling and dealing to get her into the car, I was not there for the lease signing (she did that on her own, pretty scary). She didn't catch the minimum age to drive the new Murano was? Anyone have a clue?

Or maybe someone could answer this for me
    If our son (he does have insurance) were to drive our newly leased Murano, would he be covered in an accident?
  • Options
    kkl1960kkl1960 Member Posts: 10
    I am currently looking at a 2006 SL with Leather and Sunroof Package (no touring) I haven't begun to bargain and the price is at 33,400. There is another Murano on the lot with the above features PLUS the touring package for 33,900 (makes no sense to me, only $500 difference)
    Anyway, I have never leased a car before but am now considering.
    All my calculations tell me that the best price I could get on either car would be minimum $32,500. What do you think about this price? Too low? Reasonable?
    Also, I have a car that I would like to trade towards the lease that should bring me 6K to 7K. Does this trade go towards what is due at signing?
    Any insight would help.
  • Options
    Did the SL you leased have 2WD or AWD?

I am looking at an SL AWD, leather, sunroof....just no touring package. I am thinking a good starting point for negotiation would be $32,500. But your price looks better....maybe I need to start with a lower price.
  • Options
    sam54sam54 Member Posts: 5
    Whatever you do, stay away from the Nissan Dealer at Coral Springs Auto Mall. There is no regard for the consumer, plus be extra careful of what is quoted to you and what the actual deal is. Also, you will find your lease is not with Nissan, but with another company and if you get an extended warranty to cover you over 36k, it will be with an aftermarket company and not Nissan.
  • Options
    Bill Seidel is good along with Esserman in Miami along with Maroone in Ft Lauderdale area. Weston Nissan is good also and their Sales Manager will work with you. Avoid Coral Springs Auto Mall at all costs.
  • Options
    jorgemedina23jorgemedina23 Member Posts: 2
    I just leased an 06 Murano with the towing package and AWD for 299.00 + tax $1248.00 due at signing.
  • Options
    jorgemedina23jorgemedina23 Member Posts: 2
    hey i am an insurance agent in the state of Florida and the Minimum age for a driver for a lease car is 25 years old.also anyone that resides in the same household must be listed on the policy.
  • Options
    where did you lease this??
  • Options
    ccerv13ccerv13 Member Posts: 3
    I recently (last week) leased a 2006 Murano SL equipped with Touring, Sirius and Navigation. Final selling price was $41k!! and monthly is $556 (before tax!!). Then...I found this website and, more specifically, this forum. Looks like I got a really bad deal. Is there anything I can do to remedy?

I am looking to lease an Armada next however...not feeling so invigorated after this deal. help.
  • Options
    sflamom29sflamom29 Member Posts: 2
    Thanx soo much. I actually live in Coral springs, and the auto mall is where I test drove the Murano. But I was turned off by the finance guy. He was so arrogant because I was not ready. I wanted to shop around. I am going to Maroone probably. Glad I went w/ my instincts!
  • Options
    I understand what you are saying. I never could deal with them and the one time I did, I found out what a nightmare it can be. Take a look at Weston Nissan as I think they have a previous GM or Sales manager running their operation and he is giving Coral Springs Auto a fit. No mater where you go, you will be treated better and get a better deal than Coral Springs Auto Mall.
  • Options
    murranomurrano Member Posts: 3
    I'm getting a 0 down (first paymt + license) on 06, SE with leather pkg, for $31500 cap cost or $354 month incl taxes in California.

42 months, 15k/year, residual $18637, money factor .00042

what do you think?
  • Options
    You are getting an SE with leather for $31500 cap. I would say that it a great deal. Isn't the SE the top model?

How did you work the 15k? Did you buy the extra 3K?
  • Options
    nope just asked for it, SE is indeed the top model, with LT1, looks great.

btw, I looked at SL with touring pkg, i was getting around $32500, so you may want to start at $31500.make sure u don't get slapped with extra fees, and try ang include the Acq fee in the selling price as well.

I've leased a murrano b4 and I was determined to get a better deal this time around.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi molly9. It is tough for us to tell if this is a good deal without knowing what the MSRP and selling price of the model that you are considering are. These are important numbers to know because they show how much of a discount you are being given and they enable one to tell if the dealer you are working with is marking up your vehicle's money factor to add additional hidden profit to your deal. As far as the length of your lease goes, in my opinion 60 months is way too long to lease for. A lot can happen over the course of five years that would make you want a different vehicle, such as your daily commute could change causing you to exceed your mileage allowance, you could just plain get sick of your Murano, gas prices could continue to rise causing you to want a more fuel efficient vehicle, etc... I personally usually try to steer community members towards 36 to 39 month leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Hi haleyka. Are you sure that this is a 36 month lease? I ask because Nissan is really pushing 42 month Murano leases in June. According to the latest information that I have seen, its 42 month buy rate money factor is interestingly enough .00042. I though that its 36 month factor was much worse, at around .00120. Either way, the factor that you were quoted for this vehicle is great.

As far as its price goes, the Murano that you described has a spread of at least $3,200 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices. You are being given a whopping $4,117 discount on it, which is great. If you like the Murano, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal once the confusion about the length of this lease is straightened out. If you decide to trade your current vehicle in, it would be in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for it instead of using the proceeds as a capitalized cost reduction for your lease. Consumers who make large down payments on leases risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Hi oly6456. This vehicle's money factor and residual value will vary depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. Nissan is really pushing 42 month leases of the Murano right now. This is a little long for my taste, but it's 42 month money factor is so much more attractive than its factors for other terms that I probably would go with a 42 month lease if I personally was in the market for a Murano. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 42 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00042 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Greetings mshalo18. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Murano that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this vehicle's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are. For now I can tell you that the money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this Murano are right in mine with Nissan's program for it. This is always a good sign because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not attempting to mark your vehicle's money factor up to add additional back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Hi jeb3779. $6,000 in negative equity is a lot to roll into a new lease. You would be much much better off waiting until you are less upside down on your current vehicle to get a new one. I highly doubt that you will be able to get the Murano that you want for less than $500 a month with that much negative equity added to it. I would be happy to calculate what the lease payment should be like on the Murano that you are interested in with and without your negative equity added to it if you provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Hi warrenm1. What is this vehicle's full MSRP? I ask because it will show me how much of a discount you are being given and enable me to estimate what its monthly payment should be. Off of the top of my head though, the $399 a month, zero down payment does look very reasonable for this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Hi frankchina. $400 a month sounds very reasonable for this model, but I can give you a much more thorough analysis of your deal if you provide me with your Murano's selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Hi matty2431. I believe that whether or not your son is covered if he is in an accident while driving your Murano is completely up to your insurance company and has nothing to do with your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Welcome kkl1960. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I would be happy to give you feedback on this car's price. It would be a big help if you would provide me with its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. This information can be found in the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing.

As far as your trade goes, you can have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for it, use part of the proceeds to cover the things that you have to pay at lease signing (first month's payment, security deposit, acquisition fee, etc...) and cut you a check for it, or use all of the proceeds as a capitalized cost reduction to lower your monthly lease payment. I personally feel that the first two options are your best bet. Consumers who make large down payments on leases risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Hi ccerv13. I am sorry to say that once you have signed the lease for a vehicle and have physically driven it off of the dealer's lot, you're pretty much stuck with it. There really isn't anything that you can do to get out of your deal. If you feel as though you paid too much to lease your Murano, just chalk it up as a learning experience and vow to do more research before signing on the dotted line next time. There's no reason to let the fact that you may have paid a little too much ruin the joy of getting a nice new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Hi murrano. You spelled your name wrong :shades: . I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal. Right off the bat I can tell you that the payment that you were quoted looks very attractive. Also, the money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Nissan's buy rate for this model. This is a good sign because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not trying to make additional hidden profit on your deal by marking your vehicle's money factor up. I can give you a more thorough analysis of this lease if you provide me with your Murano's full MSRP.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply carman! Your message posted at 3:11 a.m.???? I appreciate your dedication. :)

I will review the 10 steps and calculator links that you suggested.

According to Edmunds New Vehicle Pricing the MSRP on the vehicle am looking at is $37,025 and the dealer invoice is $34,316. Currently the dealer has their advertised price at $34,700. This is an SL AWD with leather and sunroof package and premium package, splash guards, floor mats, sunroof wind deflector, crossbars, cargo area protector. If I price thru carsdirect.com website, it indicates the target price should be around $32,500.

I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer LT which is loaded. It has 99K miles. I currently have it for sale and just over the phone the dealer told me it would bring around 3K to 4K on a trade. I am open to trading it, but I think the trade should be fair. Edmunds has the retail on this car at 7,600 and trade in at 4,900.

I am concerned about leasing past a car's warranty period. How negotiable is this as far as leasing is concerned?

Thanks!

Any advice you could offer would be fair.
  • Options
    lehmanrlehmanr Member Posts: 3
    The MSRP (according to the dealer) is $36,685..

So to summarize:
    Nissan 2006 Murano SL AWD w/Touring Package
    MSRP: 36,685
    Acquistion Fee: $550
    Fees & Insurance : $255
    Taxes = $1464.68
    Lease/1st Month Payment : $399.75
    Money Factor .00042
    Term : 42 months
    Residual : 49
    Total Residual : $18,342
    Vechical Cost: 33,455
    Markup $750
    Total Selling Price w/Markup : $34,205
    Milage : 12,000
    Excess milage charge : .15
  • Options
    thanks for the humor. what was I thinking? can't even spell it right.....I mean its only going to be my 2nd Murano.

MSRP is 35, 165 (i'm getting a 53% residual -18637) is this crazy or what? on a 42mo term
    if you can reply asap, it would be great, I'm looking to get this deal now...
  • Options
    wildhjwildhj Member Posts: 1
    Hey carman,

Am in the process of trying to lease a Murano and wanted to get your advice.
    I am looking at a 2006 SL AWD with Touring, Roof Rack, Floormats and Cargo Cover - MSRP $36,315 - Invoice $33,146.
    Unfortunately I can only go for a 24 month term as I am over in the states with work for 2.5 years. I have got an offer of $512/month plus tax with $3995 down - am trying to get to $475/month plus tax - is this realistic

Thanks in advance :D
  • Options
    Nissan is running a current lease offer that expires 7/5/06....so quick advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! It is on nissanusa.com website.

I have copied and posted it below:

2006 Murano SL AWD w/ Touring Pkg, Splash Guard, Cargo Protect, Sunroof Wind Deflector & Mats Lease - 42 MONTHS - $359/MONTH - $2,399/INITIAL PAYMENT

Excludes taxes, title, and license. $2,399 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $2,040 consumer down payment, $359 first month payment, $0 security deposit).

2006 Murano SL AWD w/ Touring Pkg, Splash Guards, Cargo Protect, Sunroof Wind Deflector & Mats model 7816 subject to availability to well qualified Tier I lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT. $36,335 MSRP includes destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $32,361 includes a $550 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $15,078.00. At lease end, purchase for $18,167.50, plus $150 purchase option fee (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear and tear plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. See participating Dealer for details. Offer ends 7/05/2006

Is there any room for negotiation on this deal???? If so, any suggestions?
  • Options
    kaerrolkaerrol Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    please help and let know if I should take this deal
    I could not take the car home do to a insurance problem
    so I can still back out
    Nissan Murano 2006 S AWD Long Island NY
    Price 29,900
    39 months
    15k a year
    2000 down plus 339.00 first payment DMV fees 100.00?
    339.00 a month gave back 2003 altima SL 39k in great Shape
    I did not like my salesperson very pushy have another month left on my lease with nissan

Karen
  • Options
    maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    I don't know if it really means that much to
    to you, but an Altima SL, I believe, has
    quite a bit more luxury accoutrements than an
    "S" model Murano. The "S" model is the base
    model on the Murano. For instance, if I'm
    not mistaken, the SL Altima would have
    leather seats, the Bose audio system,
    probably the auto-headlights with Xenons.
    The "S" model Murano does not have the
    upgraded audio system, leather seats and the
    other things I just mentioned. Like I said,
    if that's no biggy to you, disregard my
    comments.

But if you check out the post before yours,
    the offer that is mentioned is almost the
    same as the lease offer being offered to you,
    and the above-post refers to an AWD SL
    Murano that has the "Touring Package," i.e.,
    leather seats, Bose audio system, sunroof,
    xenon lights, auto-headlights, memory seats,
    heated seats, among various extras.

So you might try to see if you can get into
    the AWD SL with the "Touring package" for
    around the same lease figures. Good Luck!

P.S.: If you're not feelin' the love from
    the dealership, I would try to find another
    dealership, whatever is nearby to you, and
    try to see if you can get a better deal!
  • Options
    mshalo18mshalo18 Member Posts: 4
    I don't know where you are on Long Island, but I used Giant Nissan of Queens in Ozone Park (easy ride from the Belt Parkway). I got a Murano SL no money down for 437/month, maybe not the greatest deal, but not too bad from what I've read. All the salesmen are easy to work with, it may be worth your while to take the ride into Queens.
  • Options
    whitallwhitall Member Posts: 190
    Hi, I negotiated an SL AWD w/ XM touring etc MSRP 36,685 down to a purchase price of 32,795 (660 below invoice). I am content with the price and intend to PURCHASE because we can come up with half of it for a down payment. The interest is currently 4%.

The lease I was quoted used the same selling price (32,795)
    msrp 36,685
    selling price 32,785
    maximum advance (WHAT is this) 40,903.50
    residual (39 months--51%) 18,709.35
    miles 12,000
    Mileage adj (WHAT??) 366.85
    adjusted residual value 19076.20

There are more numbers I don't understand.
    It says 2,000 customer cash
    inception fees 1817.42
    excess cash 182.58

it also lists my "down payment" as 172.24
    down payment tax as 10.33
    and assignment fee of $550.00
    payment 39 months at 391.49
    Money factor: 0.000580

By the time this lease is done what will I have actually paid our assuming I purchase at the end of the lease??? I am in NJ and I think I pay tax only on the amount of the difference between msrp and residual and this amount is in my payments. If I buy it out I will owe tax on the buyout amount. I wanted to make sure I get it right so I can compare it to what I would lay out to buy up front. (I know, I lose interest from the bank on my down payment) I plan to own the car for 5 years since college costs are coming up and I may not be able to continue car payments forever. As I write this, I realize I may be better off keeping my 15,000 in the bank and leasing...but how much more will it cost (not counting my lost interest earnings). Thanks for your help. ASAP PLEASE
  • Options
    whitallwhitall Member Posts: 190
    I have had Ford/Mercury leases and they all specifically stated that they include GAP insurance. That means that if your car is totalled they will accept the insurance payment for the total loss and not hold you to pay off the balance due of your payments and residual, because usually you will owe more than the car is worth, especially early in the lease.

I will not lease if they do not include this. I am now leaning toward leasing but need to decide tomorrow!!

Does anybody know?
  • Options
    You're very welcome, kkl1960. No rest for the weary ;) . $34,700 is a good price for a lease of a 2006 Murano with a dealer invoice price of $34,316. Nissan's most attractive lease term for this vehicle is currently 39 months. This car's full original warranty is only 3 years / 36,000 miles, but I don't think that driving it for three months without full warranty coverage is a problem, especially when it has a 5 year / 60,000 mile powertrain warranty. I'll work up a lease on this vehicle for you to give you an idea of what sort of payment you can expect. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD with an MSRP of $37,025 and a selling price of $34,700 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39v months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $409.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    kptaylorkptaylor Member Posts: 4
    Car man,

Do you know the money factor and residual for a 24 month lease with 20K miles per year? Trying to see how the Murano deal stacks up against an X3.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.