Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    synergy408synergy408 Member Posts: 3
    Hello -

My lease deal today was as follows:

Grand Touring
    All Wheel Drive
    Assist / NAV Package
    Moonroof / BOSE Package
    Towing
    Homelink / Compas

Sticker Price / MSRP = $40,500
    Negotiated Cap Price = $35,800
    Residual = 62
    Drive off (after taxes, incl 1st month) = $1500
    Monthly after taxes = $466

I spent quite a bit of time going to many California dealers and this seemed to be the best deal I could after spending hours in negotations...
  • Options
    asteinbergasteinberg Member Posts: 138
    What dealership in So California? Is appears better than offer to us, which seemed high, considering the poor mileage makes this vehicle not our first choice.
    Is your lease 12000?
    Is your lease 2 yr or 3 yr?
    We were offered:
    $40,590 MSRP
    no dispositoin fee, acquisition fee 595
    MF .00032, 60% residual
    15000 mile lease, 2 year lease
    driveoff first payment, acquisition fee, tax and license
    800 cap reduction provided by Mazda finance'thus cap cost $37,869 minus 800 via Mazda equals net cap of 37,114

$551.34 + 45.49 = $596.83 monthly
  • Options
    Yes, ours is a 12K per year lease for 2 years...we paid $1500 driveoff which included the 1st month payment. You should be able to get a $466 - 500 max after tax payment with a 62 residual. The dealer is in norcal, in Concord....Diablo Mazda. Our credit score was 810 which likely helped....good luck
  • Options
    gator88gator88 Member Posts: 20
    That's a great payment. What was the total due at inception? I'm also in So. FLA, what dealer did you go to?
  • Options
    Thanks...$1500 due at inception (drive off) which included the first month.
  • Options
    moman1moman1 Member Posts: 1
    Are you putting $ down or have a trade-in? That could lower your mthly pmts.
  • Options
    Britishboy, I am also in So.Fla. I'm looking to lease the same model. Which dealer did you go to? $400.00 including tax seems super low for a touring w/ DVD. How much was due at inception?
  • Options
    I was offered the following deal for Touring w/ compass mirror Homelink, roof rails, and wheel locks:

MSRP: $33,005
    Cap cost $29,750
    incl. $800
    M.A.C. cash
    RV: 46%
    MF: .00073

Payment before Tax: $437.57
    Amount due @ inception: 1st month plus T,T,& T.

I think it's about as good a deal out there, but they won't absorb any of the remaining 3 payments on my current lease so I'm going to hold off. I'm a little disappointed in the RV.
  • Options
    cuteladylincuteladylin Member Posts: 2
    Hello, does anyone know the RV and money factor for 2008 cx9 lease in maryland area? Also how do you calculate the money factor i was given these figures on a AWD GT WITH NAVI mrsp 40000...

24 month 36month
    60% ($24,009) 49($19,607)
    Rate Factor: 00136 .00181
    Monthly Payment: $663.61 $612.64

what is the interest rate actually? thanks
  • Options
    To find the interest rate multiply the money factor by 2400. In your case .00136 x 2400 = 3.264% or .00181 x 2400 = 4.344%.
  • Options
    bartleby2bartleby2 Member Posts: 2
    I was offered the following on a GT AWD Touring White with assistance, bose/moonroof, roof rails, towing, homelink mirror, BLIS (MSRP $41,000). Is it a good deal? I'm in Denver and got the deal through a broker, but my one trip to the dealer with "Costco pricing" was about $80 more a month.

39 months
    12,00 miles year
    $2,000 down
    $537/month including taxes
    $2k plus 1st month due at signing
  • Options
    Do you know what the selling price of the car is? Try to get as close to invoice as possible (easy to find out at Edmunds.com). The deal I was offered was $300.00 over invoice. What is the money factor? I would also be weary of leasing for longer than 36 months and putting so much money down.
  • Options
    wantanenclavewantanenclave Member Posts: 3
    2008 Base Model (it said MSRP was around $30K) CX-9 for $339 down (which it says is the first months payment) and the mo, pmt is $339 plus tax so around $350. This seems too good to be true. I wanted a Highlander but this lease is hard to beat??? 27 months/10,500 miles/yr. Cincinnati area.
  • Options
    Can you explain what you mean about the registration fee and not recommending a 27 month b/cause of it. How does that come into play? Are you saying that you'd pay the first year, then the second year, then have to pay for a 3rd "year" and only get 3 months out of it? I was just about to jump on a 27 month lease but had not thought about the reg fee.
  • Options
    png148png148 Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up my CX-9 in NJ on the May 31st. Details below:

2008 CX-9 Grand Touring
    Assistance, Autodim/Compass, Rails, All Weather Mats
    24 months/12K
    450/month
    Total Drive Off: $1900 (includes first payment)

Good deal?
  • Options
    kym2098kym2098 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    My lease expires next month, and tomorrow I plan on going to Mazda to test drive and check out deals. Are there any good deals for someone like me returning a leased Mazda and getting another one? I pay 300/month now and want to pay less on either a CX-7 or CX-9, how can I work this? I feel like the should want to give these cars away since gas is so high and the mpg isn't great on them. My current lease is 12,000 a year and I hardly touch that.
    Just curious about some people's thoughts.
    Thank you! :)
  • Options
    Mazda is not "giving these cars away" however they do have a very low money factor on the CX-9 leases at least until the end of June. I was just quoted a money factor of .00073 on a 36 month lease and I think it's even lower on 24 month leases. Mazda is also offering $800.00 M.A.C. cash on CX-9 leases. However, even if the capitalized cost is at invoice minus the $800.00 I don't think you can get the payment down to $300.00 without putting money down which you should never do on a lease. If you can get by with 10k miles it will save you some money because the residual value will be slightly higher.
  • Options
    Would you please share more info about your lease. What is the MSRP? What was the adjusted cap cost (selling price)? What was the money factor? How much of the $1,900.00 was a down payment that went to reducing the capitalized cost? Does the $450.00 include tax?
  • Options
    BTW, here is a lease special on the Mazda website for a CX-9 Sport. Looks like MAC cash is greater on Sport model.

$299/Month, 24-Month Lease, $3,394 due at Lease Signing after $2,050 MAC lease cash back. Includes 1st Month's Payment and Acquisition Fee. Excludes taxes, title and fees. (**)
    (*) The Amount due at Lease Signing is higher in the following states: North Carolina ($3,832); Virginia ($3,832); and West Virginia ($3,850).

(**) Dealer participation required. Not all lessees will qualify for lowest payment through Mazda American Credit. Some payments higher, some lower based on residency and other factors. Lessee responsible for excess wear and mileage over 24,000 at $0.20/mile. No security deposit required. Total payments of $7,176. Purchase option at lease end for $18,231. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 6/30/08. See participating dealer for qualifications.
  • Options
    The deal here in the Cincinnati area (thru Mazda Credit) is $339 down/$339 month plus tax (about $20) for a 27 month lease and 10K miles/year. Its a good deal. They say its thru the end of June. If you want 12K miles, it ups the payment another $20 -- $380/month and a total of around $600 down w/ fees, etc.
  • Options
    kym2098kym2098 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you so much for your input!
    Another question, I know some people are not fond of Dodge or Chrysler, but my neighbor works for Dodge and I am going to look at the Dodge Journey tomorrow (Saturday) My neighbor mentioned that he can give the Friends and Family Discount, what kind of money is saved with that? Does anyone know?? Mileage of course is a big concern right now, but saving any dime you can is on anything.
    I do about 90% in town driving on local roads. I live a short distance from work, and right now the Tribute is getting below 15 miles per gallon around town!!!!
    I appreciate your thoughts!
  • Options
    Can't help you with that. You should post that question on the Dodge Journey forum, I'm sure someone will give you some good input.
  • Options
    live2skilive2ski Member Posts: 25
    F&F discount is similar to S-Plan and is around invoice price or 1-2% above/below depending on the Company. With the going rate of gas and the economy, you can probably do better on your own, but YMMV depending on brand/model. At least it's a ceiling of what you will pay.
  • Options
    rforsythrforsyth Member Posts: 3
    I was quoted today for a lease.... good deal??

2008 CX-9 Touring, AWD
    27 months/12K
    $375/month
    ****that's with $2000 down and getting $1200 for a trade in
  • Options
    It's impossible to tell. Don't focus on the monthly payment. Without your down payment and $1,200 trade allowance your monthly payment would be close to $500.00. Are you geting fair value for your trade? Is the cap cost of the car very close to invoice? Are they giving you the MAC cash? Is the money factor the same as has been quoted by others on this forum? These are the fators you need to focus on, not the $375.00/mo.
  • Options
    MSRP = $36,136
    Invocie = Invoice was $33,100
    Selling Price = 31, 600

Yes, that is fare dolar amount for trade in.
    Yes, I am getting the MAC cash...800, right?
    And money factor is the same.....

Any thoughts with the added info?? Looking to make decision very soon!!!
  • Options
    Then it looks like a good deal. Below invoice is hard to beat. The best I was quoted was $300.00 above invoice minus the $800 MAC cash. My only question is why put down $2k on top of the trade allowance? It's risky to put so much money down on a lease. It would probably add about $75 to the monthly payment if you don't put the $2k down.
  • Options
    Just wanted to lower the monthly payment. Why is it risky to put that much money down on a lease? Just curious because I'm new at leasing......
  • Options
    If the car is totaled or stolen you lose that money. Most insurance policies will not reimburse you for the money put down on a lease.
  • Options
    rdawgrdawg Member Posts: 15
    I just got a quote on a CX-9 AWD Sport with only a power drivers seat added

MSRP = $31,685
    Invoice = $29,329
    Selling Price = $27,100
    $500 down
    $414 month lease incl. tax
    57% residual I believe he said
    15k/year
    27 month and 36 month were within a $1 of each other, might as well stick with the 27 month.

The dealer said I was getting the $2,050 MAC cash and employee pricing because I have a Mazda 6 I got from them last year. Anyone know how much extra employee pricing takes off? It seems it would be a lot more than $179.
  • Options
    bigo704bigo704 Member Posts: 1
    I live in NY and are on my way to pick up my fully loaded, every add on other than sunroof CX9 GT and wanted to see if I got the best lease price. My final payment is $519 MRC 36 months 10500 mpy just coming in with my first payment. Yes, taxes are in the payment, how did I do?
  • Options
    cusamanocusamano Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone please explain what is needed as proof of eligibility for the lease conquest program or how to achieve it. I understand this is worth $2500 on a lease deal?

Thanks in advance. :confuse:
  • Options
    pmelanc1pmelanc1 Member Posts: 7
    Can someone give me the MF and residuals on a CX9 GT for July? Thanks.
  • Options
    tyran910tyran910 Member Posts: 9
    Could someone please post the July residual and money factor for CX-9 Touring Model?

Thanks
  • Options
    tyran910tyran910 Member Posts: 9
    This is the deal that I was able to talk the dealer down to. What do you all think? I would just like some reassurance that this is a good deal before I pull the trigger.

08 CX-9 Sport

MSRP $30085
    Sell Price = unknown, Could Calc but didn't (1st offer was $28213 with/$450 monthly payment w/tax in)
    MAC Case = $1850
    Residual = 55%
    MF = 0.00108
    36 Months and 15k/yr
    Monthly Payment = $399 tax included (6%)
    Due at signing: only 1st Month Payment $399

Good Deal or Not. Sounds pretty good for a $30k suv. Trying to get a Touring Model for $425, do you think it could be done?
  • Options
    investigator1investigator1 Member Posts: 8
    I just got back from a nearby Southern California Dealer and could use some advice. I'm looking for a GT white (which I understand is a bit more expensive because of the pearl coat) with nav and DVD. For 10k miles/year on a 24 month leas, the dealer offered me a residual (after a rebate of $1350) of $23,078 for a monthly payment of $662.43. He said this represented "$400 over invoice." My credit rating is top tier, and I am paying only the drive-off. I know this is a 24 month lease, but it seems high compared to some of the figures on this page. Can anyone advise me on what information I should be seeking and what the next steps to negotiating a deal should be?

Separately, several posts on the "problems" page mention that the 2008s have been "pulling to the left" Does anyone know if this is a common problem requiring repair?

Thanks!

I
  • Options
    ericw2000ericw2000 Member Posts: 3
    I think you can hold out for more. I leased a similarly equipped model and I was around $1200 under invoice, but I don't have the exact figures in front of me. We went to a couple of dealers with a budget in mind, and they could come close but not to where we wanted. At the last dealer, the GM saw us leave and asked the salesman why, then told him "make it work". He called us back and we drove away that night.

As far as pulling to the left, mine doesn't do that. I've noticed I need to adjust a tiny bit more for road camber and road imperfections with the 20" wheels, but then I'm also coming from a 5600lb Expedition.
  • Options
    Cheers. Are there any specific options you'd suggest on the Grand Touring, in addition to the entertainment package? Would you mind telling me your monthly lease payment and whether it includes tax or not? Getting ready to make an offer. Again, thanks,
  • Options
    rdawgrdawg Member Posts: 15
    That is just about the same deal I got.
    I leased the 08 CX-9 AWD Sport with the power driver's seat. It had a sticker of $31,685, they gave me $3,050 in rebates, $2,050 MAC plus a $1000 owner loyalty rebate since I have a Mazda6 lease too. I put $400 down and ended up with a payment of $395 with tax (7.75%) for 3 years/15k/year. 3 other dealers were at least $40 more/month. I think the cap cost was around $28,000.
  • Options
    cubuff1cubuff1 Member Posts: 5
    I leased a new CX-9 GT AWD on July 16th and here are the details of my experience:

Black/Black
    OPTIONS
    MHR - Compass/AutoDim Mirror with Homelink
    RCK - Roof Rails
    RSE - Remote Engine Start
    BS1 - Blind Spot Monitoring System
    1MC - Moonroof/Bose/6 CD Package
    2PA - GT Assist Package DVD Nav + Touchscreen

PRICING
    MSRP - $40,640
    Edmunds Invoice - $37,040
    Gross Cap Cost - $37,252 (Included Dealer Fees and First Month Lease Payment)
    MAC Mazda Rebate - (-$1350)
    Conquest Certificate Rebate (-$1000) - Sent to me by Ford/Mazda in May or June
    Adjusted Cap Cost ***(Selling Price)*** - $34,902

LEASE (36 months 10,500 miles/yr) *($0 down, $0 at signing, first mo.included)*
    July Money Factor - 0.00108
    Residual Lease End Value (10,500 miles/yr) - 51% or $40,640 x .51= $20,726.40
    Lease Calculation:
    $34,902 - $20,726.40 = $14,175.60/36 months = $393.77
    $34,902 + $20,726.40 = $55,628.40 x 0.00108 = $60.08
    Payments = $453.85
    Tax (Denver, CO 7.72%) = $35.04
    Total Payments = $488.89 month (35 months)

This dealership (Burt Mazda - Centennial, CO) had a great selection of CX-9's and I know they're not moving very quickly. The 09's are on the way so this is a great time to make a deal on an '08! This vehicle has been great so far, Good Luck!
  • Options
    I am in the market to lease a Cx-9 over the next couple of weeks and would like to know if anyone knows how I can get a Conquest Certificate. I've called Mazda directly, but they told me that the certificates are sent out randomly. Are they transferable? Thanks!
  • Options
    tripolitripoli Member Posts: 11
    I am looking to lease a Touring or GT with roof and little else. Here in Southern California I have found several dealers that will lease a white/sand Touring w/Roof for about $475 month including tax with 12k miles year and $1,500 drive off. A GT with roof is at $508/ month including tax & 12k year $1,500 drive off. Both are 24 month. Do these sound like good deals?
    If I wait until mid September, will Mazda stop pushing the 08 leases in favor of 09? I do not want to miss the boat on the deals, but I might want to get an 09 if it is not significantly more.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Does anyone know the August money factor for the 2008 Cx-9? Thanks so much.
  • Options
    Thanks for the very helpful information.
  • Options
    cscan1cscan1 Member Posts: 4
    Info from internet manager today was .00043 MF and 59% residual on 24/10.5K lease. The internet price was basically the price from costco for a GT FWD w/ ent. and assist pkgs. Not a good deal at all especially with $2k down.
  • Options
    Today, two dealers quoted me a money factor of .0011 and a residual on the 36/10.5K lease of just .49. This is substantially off your numbers. Do you know how I can confirm? It's affecting the numbers the dealer is getting back to me with. He also says there's a $670 acquisition fee. Thanks!
  • Options
    ford4allyford4ally Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a 2008 Grand Touring White/Sand with Navi/Backup cameras/ sunroof/ towing pkg. It's a beautiful suv!!!!! We got it for $474 a month for 36 months with 15k miles a year with a buyout of $18k at the end of 3 years. Go get one they are sweet rides! :)
  • Options
    cscan1cscan1 Member Posts: 4
    The numbers came from Browning Mazda in Cerritos,CA. What was not mentioned was the mileage. My guess is 10.5/yr. No mention of acquisition fee but wanted $2K down. I will be in touch with another local dealer to see their offer and will post when I get info.
  • Options
    layersnjlayersnj Member Posts: 3
    Per my local NJ Dealer the August #s for 12,000 miles leases of a AWD GT are:

24 Month = .00044 and 60%
    36 Month = .00110 and 50%

Do these look correct?

What is the lowest anyone gotten the cap cost of a lease down to on a basic "GT" - AWD? Right now they are telling me 32,600 as the cap cost - how low can I expect to get them on a lease? I have offers to BUY this same car for 28,600 CASH (or my own financing)
  • Options
    crw9crw9 Member Posts: 3
    i am looking at purchasing an 08 cx 9 gt awd assistance package/entertainment, towing package for 34,300 + ttl....is this a good deal?
This discussion has been closed.