Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2009-10 Hyundai Tucson

13»

Comments

• Options
    chapusinchapusin Member Posts: 19
    I must say the drive is good, it's nothing out of the ordinary but it's ok, what I really can't stand is the electric power steering, I could say it's even unsafe, because usually when you're finishing making a turn and making your way back straight, in every other car the only thing you need to do is to let go off the steering wheel a little bit, that means, not apply so much pressure to the steering wheel but still keep it in your hand.. it will come back home gently right? On the Tucson, if you let it go just a little bit, it comes home so aggressively and forcefully that it can get slide out of your hand and you can end up going straight into the opposite direction lane. It is really annoying, unconvenient and how I said, unsafe.
  • Options
    dannyd3dannyd3 Member Posts: 56
    Hello everyone,

I have a new 2010 Hyundai Tucson GLS AWD, Its awesome. I have owned many Hyundai's without disappointment.

Has anyone noticed in the steering that it locks, when starting up the vehicle that the steering wheel is locked and when it frees up its a big jerk. almost as if the tires are stuck to the ground then free up?? Also note in the few months I've had it it has only happened 3-4 times.

just asking, if yes what might cause this???

Thanks
  • Options
    boltguyboltguy Member Posts: 94
    Yes I have felt that, I believe it's the electric power steering system "initializing", for lack of a better word. If you don't know, the 2010 Tucson doesn't have a power steering pump or belt.
  • Options
    pwitkinpwitkin Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know what the rear storage is like. How many full size bags could it hold with 4 adults going on a road trip?
  • Options
    pwitkinpwitkin Member Posts: 2
    Sorry about this repeat message - it is my first time on the site and not sure what I am doing. Could anyone please tell me if they know how much space there is in the rear? can the Tuscon hold 5 large suitcases for 4 adults to take a road trip?
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Each person is going to have a different idea of "large" and what fits. Some people don't mind stacking luggage to the roof, where others don't want it any higher than the back window.

My suggestion, take some luggage and try it out at the dealership. If they want to make the sale, they won't mind obliging you with some time putting empty (clean) luggage into a new Tuscon to see how it suits your needs.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2010
    Pwitkin is renting one in a few weeks and that's why he's asking (we exchanged emails earlier).

But you're right, going to the dealer would be a good way to eyeball the space, assuming there's a dealer in the area.
  • Options
    tenpin288tenpin288 Member Posts: 804
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    motordavidmotordavid Member Posts: 39
    Maybe 5, though I have not done a test...we have had 4 sets of golf clubs and 4 adults in the car a few times. Wouldn't want to drive across the country like that, but do-able, vs the "3 sets of clubs" that Hyundai advertises in the Tuck.

On our last trip, we had 2 sets of clubs, 2 suitcases, and lots of other assorted junque in the back deck area, with no problem and no interference on sight line.
    I agree on dragging your set of cases down to a dlr for a trial pack run.
    GL, mD
This discussion has been closed.