Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Liberty Warning Lights and Gauges

Comments

• i just bought a 06 liberty and the part time light stays on. that aint right is it?

bill
  • Hi all, my MIL keeps coming on every couple of months. I had the recall fixed for the ball joint...my A/C compressor fixed (3times) and supposedly during one of those visits they fixed whatever problem was associated with the MIL. It doesn't blink...just stays on. HOWEVER...right before it came on this last time, I was paused on a street, and when I pressed on the gas to go I thought I was on ice or something because I wasn't really going anywhere! I was scared to death that I would be stuck there...but finally it decided to go and I haven't had it do that hesitation stuff anymore (been about a week). Are the two related? The hesitation and the MIL?? Oh yeah...and periodically my dome light comes on and off...usually when i barely touch my turn signal. Lovely eh? Thanks for any words of wisdom! :cry:
  • liberty 02 oil light keeps coming on had oil changed 2 weeks later it popped on again. Now the sunroof wont close and am at my wits end, can someone please advice me. Help
  • My ex wife had the same problem with her 2003 Liberty. When she took it to the dealer, she was told that it must have been bad gas. Bad gas was right. She traded it in and never really found out the problem.
  • hartberghartberg Posts: 1
    2002 Jeep Liberty ABS and brake warning lights on with speedometer flucuations. I had a broken wire at the top of the differential on the rear axle. I had to replace the connector with a new one from the dealership. The part number for the connector is 05013995AA.
  • I am having very similar problems. I did not see what you did to fix this problem. If you don't mind please let me know.
  • zeta1zeta1 Posts: 5
    Hi - I tried everything and spent a lot of $$$$$ - finally found a smart mechanic who - removed the EGR value and cleaned it - very quick - replaced it and the car ran perfect - however, he also order a new EGR value and installed it a week later - have not had a problem since --might be your problems solver as well. Ronald
  • Thanks that sounds like a good place to start.
  • Same problem here - except check engine light comes on also (sometimes all sometimes two sometimes one light). Service has replaced computer (twice), anti-lock brake sensors, and who knows what else. Chrysler service has had our 2007 Liberty for about 6 weeks and are at a loss on how to fix it. I asked about the clockspring/steering angle sensor but didn't get much of a response. Did you get yours fixed? Thanks. :lemon:
  • zeta1zeta1 Posts: 5
    Hi Ndetello -- yes, I am happy to report that it is fixed - here is what they did -- well to start with, they replaced switch, for Parking Brake Warning lamp - did not work. Next guy replaced that switch with another -- still no luck. Final word from that dealer -- it is all normal!! It was not normal, so, went to another dealer. He also changed the same switch -- no luck -- anyway, This guy check the Brake switch again and found -- one pin of the brake switch spread and in backwards!!!! They repaired the connector and the Jeep has been running fine since - apparently this could have happened at the factory or when a recall part was replaced -- anyway, working fine now. Hope this helps. Zeta
    The recall repair was 18F50182 - safety recall no. F50- Regrog.
  • megrowmegrow Posts: 3
    i have a jeep liberty 3.7L 4x4 2002 with 119,000 miles had the transmission fluid changed 1month ago, just a couple days ago the check engine light came on so i stopped put the hood up and the fluid needed a qt of tranny fluid so i poured in went back into town went to local autozone and got more tranny fluid and filled it where it goes and the light still on i checked gas cap got gas were i always do put additive in just in case, checked hoses. i drove 100 mi with on seems to drive fine no noises or knocking change gears fine, stops alright no jerking but seems like it doesn't go as fast but could be my imagine nation cause i go at least 70mph and i drove 60-65 mph cause others at least go 70 im not use to going that slow but anyone expereance this situation oh yea autozone hooked that gadget to it and came up transmission pressure so i wasn't satisfy with so i went back yesterday and had him hook again and to look the code up and it wasn't for my car the code came up for some volts wagon my car didn't have one of those in it. well HELP!!!! :cry: i never had no trouble till now hope its an easy fix not a hard one , i'm praying!!!
    went to dealer to get light checked. they hooked to diaganoises said something about silanoid but they checked it and it was fine so they reset the light have not came back on either when i put the tranny fluid in that was problem or the wiggled or put something back cause it was loose. out 63.00 better then 635.00 which they could of took out my pocket for silanoid . so far so good while i waited for my car i applied for a loan for a new car , just in case but did'nt use the offer yet . ;) im still riden my jeep :shades: !!!!
  • I had a problem like that, it turned out to be that I needed a new gasoline float sensor. I changed it myself and have had no problems ever since. about $70. and the code will say something about fuel level indicator high output..
    engine light back on , came on in 3 days but runs ok i think it might be the converter cause it hissed when i bought it its a little louder then when i got it. i dont no the code is the same. im going to get rid of the jeep and be done with it after hearing what everyone else is going through . :mad:
  • drgumsdrgums Posts: 51
    I am looking to buy a used 2002 Jeep Liberty 4x4...

Should I avoid this vehicle?

I could get the 2002 Jeep Liberty for $4600 with 78K miles?

Any advice? It seems that most of the people on this forum are not happy???

This used Jeep Liberty 2002 would be for my daughter.

Please advise....

thank you
  • Is the vehicle in good condition? Does it look like it's been well-maintained? Can you get warranty records? It could very well be a good car and a good buy.

And understand that people don't post here unless they're having a problem with their car. And with so many Liberty's out there on the road it shouldn't be a surprise that some have had problems. For the record, I've been very happy with my 2006 Liberty and my neighbors have been happy with their 2002.
  • While driving home on the highway tonite the electronic throttle warning light came as well as the check engine light. Vehicle seems to run fine. Would I be able to use it tomorrow to comute to work until I can get it looked at?
  • My 02 Liberty oil light keeps comming on after I drive it a while. Had the oil changed, replaced 2 sensors, had it checked with a REAL guage and thr pressure is fine. Anyone else ever had a problem like this?
  • I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty 4X4, 3.7 liter engine. The oil light will come on when initially started after sitting for awhile. However, when the engine is cut off and re-started the oil light does not come on again. Any soluations to this little mystery.

Thank you,
  • hbrobhbrob Posts: 1
    This just happened to me, did you find out what caused it? Also a 2007 Liberty
  • The oil sensor on mine was replaced and the oil pressure was fine when tested by my mechanic. My mechanic advised that replacement oil pressure sensors from auto parts stores will give false readings. He replaced mine with a car dealer parts item and it has worked fine since.
  • Have had so many of these same problems as those posted gas cap, stained seats, engine light, part time and full time 4x4 lights, every dash light is on now.Chrysler doesn't have mechanics that know anything about diesels and all they want to do is change the computers to the tune of 1200 dollars. We have 100 thousand miles on jeep high yes but that was why we bought this jeep to have a dependable car wrong! Friends have gas 2005 liberty have alot of problems also with theirs. Hope someone can tell us what to do.
  • i have a 07 liberty limited 3.7 the engine light keep coming on i took to have code read and it says o2 sensor high voltage had them clear it and 2 days later it came back on same thing any ideas
    thanx for the help
  • My 07 airbag light keeps coming on, took it to the dealer and was told some sensor is bad and would cost $265 to fix, seems crazy their is nothing wrong with the physical aspects according to them, it has never been in an accident, is their a way I can make this light go away cheaply? Is their a fuse?
  • just got a Jeep Liberty and there is a light shaped like (!) on the dashboard. I didn't get an owners manual. Do you know what it means? Also is there somewhere I can get a manual?
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,012
    edited November 2010
    Sounds like your tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) light.

You'll have to look for a manual on eBay or at your local auto salvage yard. You can download a manual from Chrysler but they only go back to 2004. You can buy one from Jeep too:

How To Find Your Car Owner's Manual Online

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• That is the TPMS system alret.

Check the air pressure in all your tires. there is at least one that is low.
  • i get icing inside my driversside door actually icecycles have to chop them at times dealer says he can only lube parts to keep from rusting
  • Have a 2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7 Limited. I was driving and suddenly 3 bell rings sounded, but there were no warning lights on. Any ideas?
  • donrrdonrr Posts: 3
    How do you access the transfer case position sensor? I attempted to access it from underneath but i couldn't see much, is it done by touch? Can it be accessed from above?