Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Colorado

Comments

• mlm4mlm4 Member Posts: 401
    The Chevy and GMC are identical except for the grill. GMC wasn't even supposed to get this truck in it's lineup, but the dealers wouldn't have had a compact pickup to sell. The only real difference between the Colorado and Canyon is the way the standard/optional features are packaged. I think the GMC comes with more standard stuff, thus the higher base price. GM will probably build five Chevys for every one GMC, that's why the Colorado will be easier to find.
  • joe3891joe3891 Member Posts: 759
    is hard to believe, my 99 Sonoma has 1 lb 12 oz but I will admit at even 90 deg you have to modulate it with heat. My 04 Malibu has 1.1 lb and I thought that was too little but so far it cools ok, but no meat locker.
  • ocmike3ocmike3 Member Posts: 232
    I haven't noticed it changing except when at idle in stop and go. I am noticing it seems to take a while to get cold air going on the hot days, but wrote some of that off to the crew cab with a std cab climate control. I rate it barely adequate and it reminds me a bit of the a/c on older 4 cylinder vehicles - sort of putzed out as you accelerate or going up hill.
  • jbmayesjbmayes Member Posts: 4
    My 2004 Canyon has a very weak AC. Seems to blow very cold to tempid air all the time. Since I live in MO where it is humid this make it worse. Since the tempid air is humid. This means to remain somewhat comfortable I have to leave it on Recir. I don't this is acceptable but GM says it is normal, but they had dealer replace the expansion vavle and Engine PCM.

I have had mine in the shop 3 times for this problem. They have replaced the expansion valve in the ac and also the engine PCM. The Colorado/Canyon have a new ac system that is controlled by the PCM instead of a pressure cycle switch. The shop has talked to GM on all 3 times it was in the shop and they have not fixed it yet. The final answer was the it is NORMAL along with the fact the system blows very cold and then tempid air all the time. The cycle seems to be every 20-30 seconds which is when I feel the very cold air along with hearing this whirring noise. I have seen others have decribed this noise as a wet finger going around the rim of a glass. The guys at GM say it is the gas passing thru the expansion valve when the compressor comes on. The PCM then turns off the compressor when the evaporator gets to 32 degress to keep it from freezing. Since the entire system is so small (ie effort to reduce use of R-134a) this happens very fast, hence the 20-30 second cycles. Quoting GM "Them problem is the system has no mass, making it get very cold fast, then it has to warm up to keep from turing into a block of ice."

The service mgr and I drove 3 2005's as they didn't have any 2004's left. All 3 did the warm/cold cycle and only one really had a noticeable whirring noise. The Engineers answer for that was "Well they all should have it, I can't tell you why the 2005's had less noise than the 2004's we have not made any changes" And from what I gather, they are not going to make any. I will continue to talk to the service mgr every time I have the truck in for service and I hope all you do they same.
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a Z85 2WD Reg cab model 3 months ago. It gets good gas mileage 27mpg highway and the 5 cyl engine has good torque, although it lacks quick acceleration. The downside is that I have had vibration problems with this truck since day one. Had it in the shop 3 times and they can't fix it.
    I searched on other forums and found that at least eight others with the same model have the identical vibration problem that I am having. I think the truck can be a good truck down the line if they can ever get the bugs worked out.
  • saabgirlsaabgirl Member Posts: 184
    >>The downside is that I have had vibration problems with this truck since day one.<<

Other owners of reg cab models have had the same complaint, and the diagnosis seems to be a drive shaft problem.
  • hotshot24hotshot24 Member Posts: 9
    Dump the I-5, odd numbered inline engines aren't very good. Add the I-6 and supercharge the I-4. The I-6 would give a lot of horsepower for a small pickup. The I-4 I-5 I-6 share width and cylinder capacity just differ in length. The I-6 should fit.
  • anhedonicanhedonic Member Posts: 8
    It isn't as simple as just shoe-horning a longer motor block into the same space. Dropping the I-6 in will require repackaging the radiator and it's cross-car support metal (among many other things), and moving most ANY structural metal will require FMVSS re-certifications. Unlike a shade tree mechanic, automakers have to satisfy a bewildering number of Federal requirements every time they modify an approved design...all of which must be proofed through physical testing/FEA/etc. Yes, the I-6 can be made to fit the compartment, but it takes a hell of a lead-time. GM legal wouldn't have it any other way. Also, odd numbered cylinders aren't a difficult design problem...they just need additional components to balance the system. In the I-5, this is accomplished with a counter-rotating mass inside the block that cancels the 'moment' of the fifth piston/con rod assembly. ALL engines (except-arguably-boxer designs) lack 'primary' balance.
  • panther8panther8 Member Posts: 14
    I have a 2004 Colorado. I4, 5spd, reg cab, Z85
    The problems never stop! Both front shocks were replaced at 525 miles. (leaking oil) The fuel leveling sensor has been replaced twice. (fuel gauge not reading) Both front tires are cupping, even after an alignment. (dealer is ordering 4 new tires) The paint is peeling off one of the wheels. (Dealer ordering new wheel) Bad vibration at 45-55mph (Dealer has no idea! They might all do this! The dealers in the area don't have another regular cab 5spd to compare it to,) And the best of all, after a day of rain, the drivers side floor is completely saturated in water! (Door closed and windows up, my seat is dry) My truck only has 2900 miles on it!
    The Most Dependable, Longest-Lasting Trucks - Chevy Trucks
  • durango5o8durango5o8 Member Posts: 10
    panther8, sorry to hear about your problems.

I have had my 2004 Crew Cab Z71 2WD, auto, I-5 since the beginning of May and the only problem I have had is with the noise from the A/C. Been discussed before, it isn't very annoying, especially with the radio on, but it still shouldn't be there. Also, the temperature in the rear view mirror isn't accurate at all 15-20 degrees off at times. Nothing major.

Anyway, I took my truck in to the dealer yesterday for the first oil change at about 2500 miles. (Dealer provided first oil change free at purchase.) I had looked in my manual before, and it states to only use oil that meets GM spec GM6094M. I asked the service guy about it on the phone when I made the appointment and he had no clue. When I took it in I showed him in the book and he still had no clue. He had never seen that before. He said they use Quaker State synthetic blend in bulk in the back and he "imagines" it meets GM specs. What kind of answer is that?

Anyone check out there "oil life" in the dashboard display? If the truck is on, all I get is odometer and tripmeter. If I have truck off, but key in the on position, I get "oil life", but it still shows odometer reading. According to the manual, it looks like it should display an estimate of oil life left.

In the manual, it says the truck should be off with key in on position to reset, but doesn't state anything about that for viewing oil life remaining. Anyone had luck with that?

Cracks me up too. They add this oil life system, and even seen GM talk about the benefits of this conserving oil. The dealer still puts a sticker in the window to come back in 3000 miles or 3 months.

I've gone on long enough.

Have a good day!
  • gw2gw2 Member Posts: 1
    I've just had my 2005 Colorado 4WD crew cab for about 3 weeks...950 miles with no problems, although I haven't had it underwater yet. Very happy with it so far.

I too don't see in the owner's manual where it says that the oil life remaining can be displayed. Apparently a message is only displayed when the oil should be changed.

This is unlike my Cadillac STS which displays the percent of oil life remaining, and subsequently "change oil soon". I'll play with the system some more the next time I'm bored waiting for my wife in the supermarket parking lot.

Any one else have comments on oil life messages ?
    The water leak was found! They didn't finish the body caulk under the wipers at a main seem. They started to caulk it, but didn't finish it at the factory.
    Outstanding quality control!
    I got the oil changed today at the dealer.
    Four new tires!
    A new wheel!
    and they are still working on the vibration issue.
    I made it to my first oil change,
    maybe I should celebrate!
  • darzudarzu Member Posts: 1
    I recently took my 2004 Colorado in to get the upgraded rearview mirror installed and asked about the "oil life" issue. In my manual it says that the percentage of oil life remaining should be displayed when you scroll to the flashing "OIL LIFE" on the display but this doesn't happen. When I asked the tech about it he said it's not supposed to display the percentage and he thought I made it up until I showed him my owner's manual. He said it's not in the manual that they have/use and that the "oil life" message should only come on when the oil needs to be changed. However, I was at 5800 miles at that point and the message never came on so I decided to go ahead and change the oil myself anyway. The tech even checked it on the Colorado they had in the showroom and it did the same thing.

If somebody out there has had the "oil life" message come on please post here to let us know and also at what mileage it came on at. Personally, I wasn't willing to let my engine burn up just to see if it really worked. I normally change the oil every 6-7K miles anyway but I'm curious to know when the truck says I should change it.
  • nosirrahgnosirrahg Member Posts: 872
    Does anyone know if there are plans in the pipeline for an Avalanche-esque version of the Colorado crew cab? I like the versatility of the Avalanche (and the look), but it's really too big for practical, daily-driver use (which is a shame, because the cross-over nature would make it appealing for such purposes). It occurred to me the other day that a Colorado-sized version of the Avalanche would be almost ideal (assuming you could gain enough usable space from the rear seat to make extending the bed worthwhile). Just wondered if anyone knew if that might be offered at some point down the road.
  • playswithmudplayswithmud Member Posts: 36
    In other non premium GMT's I have seen the light come on and go out as the engine warms up. For what its worth, I'd stick with 7500 normal/ 5000 severe use intervals. I drive too much much for that though, so I switched to Mobil1 and change it every 10k
  • mrnimmomrnimmo Member Posts: 271
    I'm not a big GM guy. Actually, I've been pretty much an rabid anti-GM guy. But recent positive experiences in a few Chevy's made me look at the Colorado today. I've been thinking about a crew cab minitruck. However, I must have seating for six. Fullsize is out of the question (unless someone offers a small diesel). I VERY STRONGLY prefer a 4 cyl and manual. Who would have thought you couldn't get a crew cab 4 cyl and manual from Toyota? This is the only way it comes in most of the world.

Thought I was going to have to wait for an oil crisis or perhaps an oil catastrophe-- like we aren't in one right now? Yet the manufacturers still produce v6 and v8 in minitrucks and small cars???.

Looks like Colorado is the only game in town!!! And the things seem to have nice HP in addition to the best in class mileage. Nice looking truck and GM is producing it on state of the art machinery. Can't wait for a test drive.
  • exalteddragon1exalteddragon1 Member Posts: 729
    Incentives help bring surge in Sept. auto sales
    GM leads the way with 24.9% jump

http://www.freep.com/money/autonews/sales2e_20041002.htm

Your descision to buy a colorado helped Bring GM back to life! We don't need you toyota, nissan, America can make her own cars and trucks!
  • tyronetyrone Member Posts: 4
    America can make her own cars? Ha Ha Ha! That's pretty funny! In the last year or so, the big three and Magna International have jumped on the Chinese slave labour bandwagon, building stamping dies over there for pennies. Who knows- someone is most likely trying to figure out how to stamp out parts over there too! Will these savings be passed on to the consumer? I don't think so.

No doubt if this trend is to continue, the North American automotive industry will be destroyed just like the electronics industry was- by having manufacturing done by third world slave labour! Being a tool and die maker, all I can say is that this is not good. Who knows- maybe that all American Ford or Chevy will say Made in China on it with final assembly in North America in ten years time! I think this is well on it's way to being fact-the Chevy Equinox has a made in China motor in it already!
    I agree with you completely, therefore we must think of ways to save our industry...

The solution to this problem could be to increase the cost of doing business abroad and decrease the cost of doing it at home.

This could be done by warning China and Japan that if they don't let their currencies flow (in the present state the lower their currency in relation to ours the more money they save manufacturing goods, then shipping them here) that we would post a tarrif, like the steel tarrif but longer lasting.

At home we could reward companies who dismantle offshore businesses with tax breaks and liability differrals, and discourage union operations, which any accountant could tell you reek havoc on the balance sheet.

We need to act or else we will become a retail nation...
    I have a Z85 regular cab 5spd. Can anyone tell me why the driveshaft doesn't have a balance weight on it. I would assume that GM's supplier has made perfect drive shafts? I have a vibration coming from the drive line.
  • kdeatrickkdeatrick Member Posts: 1
    The Oil life system in the Colorado's does not display the remaining life as the manual says.

This was a mis-print in the 2004 owners manual.
    There are a few others as well.

As for going by the system. I use Mobil 1 Synthetic and still changed it at 7000 miles before the oil life system told me to.
    Too much old school from my dad I guess.
  • chinco04chinco04 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 chevy colorado, Z71 extended cab. I have the vibration problem. Have had it back to the dealer 4 times. They have changed all 4 tires, rotated and balanced all 4 tires at another date, and placed it on computers. They say the 5 cylinders will do this. All the trucks on the lot did this, but not as bad as mine. It did not do it as bad until I had it for about 1 week. The truck is now 6 weeks old, and still vibrating as much as ever!
      "frustrated in Virginia"
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    My crewcab Z71 is vibration free.
  • cynicalmancynicalman Member Posts: 1
    I hope to purchase a 2005 chevy colorado in the near future. At what speed does the vibration start. I will take a long test drive on the highway before the purchase.
    Does anyone know if the Problem has been corrected for the 2005 models.
    Don't buy one!!! The vibration starts at 45mph and ends at 55mph! The problem seems to be mainly with regular cab 5spds. (Both 5cyl and 4 cyl) I haven't seen my truck for 15 days now. There is about a 1/2" of water on the drivers side floor. The dealer is also trying to fix a list of problems. Reading other forums, I'm not the only one having problems, they are widespread! Think about all of the advertising GM did to kick off this new truck, and compare that to actual trucks on the lots. Production was limited! Has anyone ever seen a sport model on the road! Forum talk from the production line, said they were towing them of the assembly line. Most of the 2004s' are still in LA. Do a search on (Colorado Problems). You will change your mind! I would like to believe this is a well made truck, but the reliability falls short. Also pay close attention to how thin the body panels are. Common problems- Tires, A/C noise, water leaks, vibration issues, wind noise, dead battery, no brake lights, misaligned door panels. GM says the vibration falls within allowable specifications, so it is not a problem. Also if you a thinking about buying one call customer service. You will wait at least 25 minutes before you talk to a human! Is this the service you really want!
  • bporter1bporter1 Member Posts: 229
    Gee, all those problems and that doesn't even take into account the new competition. I wonder what GM is going to say about their 5 cylinder engine now? They can't say that it has more horsepower than all its competitors V6's, with the exception of the 05 Dakota and the outdated Ranger. I hope GM offers a more powerful engine. Still I think I would buy the new Toyota Tacoma or the Nissan Frontier. GM did not and does not need this negativity, but as usual they don't go that extra mile when designing a vehicle.
    Had my 4WD crew cab Canyon since February; ~13,500 miles. No problems (except the slow thermo), I get a slight vibration from the engine into the steering column at idle sometimes.
    I'm very happy with mine. I also drove the Tacoma and Dakota crew cabs and chose the Canyon. I expect their new designs will be better than the old/current, but I couldn't wait a year or two to find out.
    Update on my Colorado! When the dealer went to replace the flooring they noticed a problem with the passenger side seat belt. The main bolt holding it to the floor was two turns from coming out. Once it was out they noticed it was broken off at the factory. Thank You to the dealership for possibly saving the life of my wife or son. GM must not care about the safety of my family. I have this in writing from the dealer! What is going on in LA.!!!
  • mrnimmomrnimmo Member Posts: 271
    The vibration starts at 45mph and ends at 55mph

That sounds like a tire balance problem. An engine balance problem would occur at a certain rpm regardless of speed. A tire/suspension balance problem would occur at a certain speed regardless of rpm or whether the vehicle is in neutral.
    The 5 cylinder engine vibration is totally different than a wheel/suspension vibration. The I-5 might transmit a slight vibration through the steering column or body but would not be noticeable during driving (unless the engine was misfiring or running very badly. (I've driven a couple of other 5 cyl over the years and they all vibrated some)
    My experience is like mrnimmo said - typically vibration during driving/various speeds is tire/wheel related. The only bad driveshaft I had (years ago) got worse with speed and then the slip yoke broke.
  • trucker50trucker50 Member Posts: 108
    Found a sweet, black extended cab I was ready to buy till I noticed the vibration on a test drive....went back a week later and drove again to confirm. When I mentioned it to the salesman he said "Yeah, I felt it too, but it's under warranty and we'll fix it." I don't think so. It's one thing to develop a problem after you buy a vehicle but I'm not knowingly driving a new truck off the lot that has a problem, especially after reading some of your posts. Pity, I really like the way they drive otherwise and have always preferred a smaller pick-up. Considered trying a crew cab but you all have about convinced me to just forget about the Colorado....and I really liked that truck too, a shame they couldn;t get it right
    I had a similar case of pre-purchase buyer's remorse when the crew cab Canyon I took on a 24-hour test drive sprung a leak somewhere under the windshield. But, that problem aside, I still think the truck is a perfect vehicle for what I'd use it for. Fortunately, I can easily wait until next year (knock, knock), so until then I'm just going to let GM practice building them some more. I've noticed that the 2005s now on the lots seem to be better finished, particularly in the finish and wheel wells, and the cabling that hangs below the frame isn't as conspicuous in the 2005s as it was in some of the 2004s. Besides, with all the new models in the market next year, early summer should be a great time to buy a compact truck. I think some of the test sites are currently over-emphasizing hp and torque advantages in some of the Colorado/Canyon competitors and underestimating the C/C advantages in gas mileage. Also, GM offers 2wd C/Cs with traction control and a locking differential. Some competitors won't have these options, even in their 2005 models.
  • motorhead1motorhead1 Member Posts: 110
    I just bought a 2004 Colorado. It has no vibration as of yet but comming from a silverado full size I`m alittle dissipoianted in how cheep everything looks. It looks like it was made in China!! I got a very good price with all of the rebates I got this 2004 extended cab 4 wheel drive LS Z85 auto trans I5 engine for $18300.00 before taxes. I wanted a 4 wheel drive and gas mileage and this seemed the only way to get both. I don`t know how Chevrolet can give this auto a window sticker of $25500.00 with it looking so cheep. Maybe it will get better in the future.
  • ericmn1ericmn1 Member Posts: 1
    I recently bought a 2004 Crew Cab 5 cylinder Colorado. I really like the truck alot. However; since the first day I owned it I noticed that when accelerating and the Tach hits 2000 there is this odd whinning/ vibration noise. Its alway happens on acceleration and at a very specific point. If the tach is a little above or below 2 the whinning/vibration noice is not present. In city driving it is especially noticble with all the stopping and starting. I have even had a few people ask what that sound was. I have an appt on Tuesday with the dealership, but I was hoping maybe someone else had this problem and could shed some light on the problem. Then maybe I could send the dealership looking in the right direction.
    I`ve had my Colorado for a week now and still no vibration or other problems. It seem to be a great little truck. I will let you know later if I have any trouble.
    It seems the competition will destroy these two little trucks. Thge toyota will have a better engine (much) and a very nice interrior, and the nissan will have a better interrior than either chevy or GMC (looks a little off from toyota) but an even more powerful engine than all three. This is nuts.
    GM is going to loose big in this market segment, especially with all of thiese problems and thin metal.
    The Colorado and Canyon are in a segment that will soon be as competitive as it gets. I saw an '05 Dakota last week while in Maine and, as they say down east, "wicked shahp." Prices seemed in the ball park. As a low-cost value choice among the newbies, there's the familiar Ranger selling new in these parts with the 4.0 six, 4wd and auto for about $17K. Meanwhile, "unbiased" Canyon and Colorado reviews are showing a decided anti-GM slant. While thumbing through the Consumer Reports annual round up today, I noticed it described the I4 and I5 as "crude" and "noisy." Maybe the copy editor dozed off.
    You would think that some top GM truck people would look at these sights and respond to the concerns about the Colorado. How about it, anyone out there?
    Redesigning, or at least making a business case for it.
    I know GM has to improove CAFE numbers, but they could do it through DOD and hybrid options. Offer two engines to satisfy the enviromnentalists and one to satisfy the rest of us.
    So... were is the 275hp 4.0(how big is it?) V6 Gm? Oh, and BTW, if you add VVT and/or DI you could increase power and save fuel economy...

Oh yea, I forgot GM can't do that so fast, those UAW need more health insurance than any other automaker doing business through US, Non UAW plants.

No wonder the new Equinox engine is build in China, and transmission in Japan.
    I wouldn't call myself a "Top GM truck person", but I do have some familiarity with the GM facility in Shreveport where the Colorado/Canyon trucks are assembled.

In the past, GM tended to apply it's resources to 'fixing what is broken'(manufacturing level)rather than identifying and eliminating problems at the beginning of a program (Engineering Design level), where changes are far less expensive to implement (this is how the Japanese do business after all). The Colorado program was one of the last of these 'old school' launches, and while I agree that there were a inordinate number of issues to address during the launch (not all of them GM's fault...I'll leave it at that), these problems were identified and corrected in current production in a remarkably short time frame. The trucks rolling off the line today are positively world-class!

I'm not trying to formulate excuses for the Colorado launch, it SHOULD have gone better...but GM's quality and reliability ARE on par with the competition-and there is ample data (JDP, IQS, etc..)to support this view. They played a bad first inning, but are certainly still very much in the game with their current production.

By the way...rumour has it that they are going to offer a turbocharged version of the I-5 in the H3 (which will be officially unveiled tomorrow)...maybe it will see it's way into the powertrain options on the Colorado/Canyon as well...
  • bobw1bobw1 Member Posts: 19
    Does this mean the vibration problem is fixed. I test drove several 2004 Colorados and they all had the vibration problem. I called GM and spoke to service managers and they all denied there was a problem rather than fixing the problem so they could sell their vehicles.
  • fgmazzolafgmazzola Member Posts: 3
    I've been looking at a Crew Cab Colorado and have a question regarding the rear headrests. The headrests restrict your view out the back as I'm sure most of you have discovered. I was floored when I discovered that the headrests are not removable!! They are adjustable up and down, but do not appear to be removable. Since I'll be alone in the truck probably 90% of the time, I thought I'd just live with it and fold the seats forward. WRONG!!! With the headrest in place, and the seat down, I have to move the drivers seat so far forward that I'm nearing hugging the steering wheel. This extremely poor design on GM's part is going to keep me from buying the truck. Does anyone out there have the answer? Is there something I've overlooked? Looking forward to a positive answer. Thanks.
    I can't tell you what happened...but it is not likely to have been done at Shreveport!

EVERY critical fastener is 'torque-monitored' by a computer system. If the bolt is attached and tightened above or below a specified range, the system generates a fault code against the VIN, and it cannot be shipped (system won't release the VIN)until the torque is verified by the Inspection Department, afterwhich it is signed off by the individuals who did the verification and cleared in the network. The torque data is retained as per regulations so that with a VIN, you can actually go back and verify what the torque was when it left the factory...I cannot see any way that a safety related fastener could leave the factory outside it's designed torque-there are too many failsafes to allow this to happen!

Did the dealer forward this part to the Warranty Group for evaluation? How was the fastener broken?
    you must be looking at the leather option as the cloth headrests in my Colorado are not removable. If they are like my Avalanche then you can stick something down in there and release the catch and they will then come out. What I did on the Avalanche was what I got from their group and that was to grind off the last indent on the arms that go into the seat and then you can pull them out at will. Also gives a little more room for the front seat to go back if they aren't in on the Avalanche. Should be the same on the Colorado. Keep us posted.
    Well guys I had my extended cab 4 wheel drive I 5 3500 for about 3 weeks and I have to say that the more I drive it the more I like it. I was afraid comming from a V 8 I would be dissipointed but the little truck is pretty strong. The truck came with the small tires 235/75/15 which is not a tire would want to get off of the road with so I changed them to a 265/75/15 mud and snow which made it look better but I now have a little vibration. It`s not bad and I think live with it but you know I think the vibration is comming form the trucks frame ( no I`m not a engineer) not being strong enough.
    I doubt that is the problem as mine came with those 265 tires and I have no vibration. Also just changed them out to 245/70/17's (same overall size) and still have no vibration. My guess is they need to be rebalanced or front end alined.
    I asked the same (about my Canyon Crew cab 4WD) and was told they were fixed for safety. GM was worried about lawsuits if they were removed and then a rear seat passenger was injured. They didn't install the more complicated flip back type because of costs. over 14k miles and still running strong.
    All I can tell you is what the work order said. "Bolt two turns from out, broken off" My truck only had 3012 miles on it at the time, so you tell me what happened to it. Why would the dealer put this on a work order, if this wasn't true. Add this to the list of other problems. Since purchasing in May: Leaking Shocks (New Shocks), Water Leak, several gallons of water in the cab (Failure to use body caulk at the factory), Interior completely removed, (New Flooring), irregular tire wear (Four new tires), pulling to the left (front wheel alignment), Fuel tank removed twice to correct fuel gauge problem (2 fuel leveling sensors),
    paint peeling on wheel (New Wheel), Interior door handle came off (New handle), Seat belt bolt broken (New belt assembly) These are problems fixed! These are problems I still have: A strange vibration from 45 to 55 mph (Not coming from the tires, replaced), hesitation when going around corners, or under load (hill or a/c on), it's almost like it cuts out for a second and kicks back in again?, the gold paint is now peeling off the bow tie on my grill ( I have seen other chevys with this issue). Who signed off on all these problems at the factory. I have documentation and the will to fight this!!
  • akshunjakshunj Member Posts: 2
    I HAVE 14500 MILES ON MY COLORADO AND HAVE ALSO HAD SOME OF THE SAME PROBLEMS AS YOU, THE INTERIOR OF THE TRUCK GETS WET WHEN RAN THRU THE LOCAL LASER WASH, DEALER SAID COULD NOT FIND THE PROBLEM. BUT YOU CAN STILL SMELL IT ON HOT DAYS. WHERE WHERE THE BODY SEAMS YOURS HAD A PROBLEM WITH. HAVE YOU HAD ANY LUCK ON THE HESITATION PROBLEM, WHEN I TRY TO MERGE ONTO THE INTERSTATE AND GIVE THE TRUCK THE GAS IT SLOWS DOWN FIRST LIKE THE TRANSMISSION AND ENGINE ARE ON DIFFERENT PAGES.
  • akshunjakshunj Member Posts: 2
    I HAVE 14500 MILES ON MY COLORADO CREW CAB 4X4. I HAD THE SAME CONCERN WITH THE TOW RATING @ 4000#, I FLAT TOWED MY BROTHERS 1970 FJ40 WITH 37'S (~4500#)ABOUT 200 MILES AND HAD NO PROBLEM PULLING THE TRUCK. I DID LOAD THE BED WITH 400# OF ROCK TO MAKE SURE I COULD STOP IT.(MY BROTHER SAID IT PULLED BETTER THAN HIS 1999 Z714X4) P.S. EVEN WITH THAT LOAD THE TRUCK GOT 15.8 MPG
This discussion has been closed.