Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• vanman1vanman1 Posts: 1,397
    Odd..I have seen 4 Allures and all have been CXS models. I have yet to see a base model.
  • If I do not like the style of the TL I will not buy one even if it does represent a good value. I am only saying that value is not the only deciding factor in choosing a new vehicle.

I really like the TL but would never get one because I do not fit comfortable with the standard sunroof.

I like the LaCrosse as well - just not for my needs. At this point in my life I require something more sporty and it has to have a manual transmission.
  • johnclineiijohnclineii Posts: 2,287
    Manual? As time goes by, you are going to have fewer and fewer choices!
  • venus537venus537 Posts: 1,443
    i thought torque steer was only a noticeable problem with manual transmission with the tl.

it would be nice if it got the rl's SH-AWD.

well anyway, it looks like the lacrosse is aimed more at the es300 end of the spectrum with its softer ride.
  • mrrogersmrrogers Posts: 391
    I don't know how to post the link, but Warren Brown has a beautful review in the online version of this morning's Washington Post.
    What did they say in a nutshell?
    Well, the headline was, honest to goodness:

Subtly Sexy, Satisfyingly Solid
  • dan165dan165 Posts: 653
    I'd agree with that. There is definitely some Jag mixed in with this new Buick. It's a nice car, can't imagine buying a Camry over a LaCrosse but I guess Toyota still walks on water for some.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    You cant imagine buying a Camry over a LaCrosse, but I can. Toyota doesnt walk on water, but if you compare the fully loaded sporting models of each line, I can get a Camry SE V6 with NAV for $29,500 (MSRP), whereas a LaCrosse CXS w/o NAV (but with auto climate control) is $33,500 (MSRP excluding the disgusting chrome-esque wheels). For me, Im really turned off by a few aspects of the LaCrosse (in the US anyway). No ABS for $23,500 is a joke. The base powerplant may provide ok power, but for a $30K sticker on a moderately equipped CXL, the 3.6L should be available for its refinement and added muscle. Stabilitrak is only available on the CXS, and no trim line offers any type of side impact protection for the chest. Those are some big debits, IMO.

With respect to the TL, its an excellent value, but as someone pointed out, theres more to a purchase than value. For me, if it were between any of the cars I've mentioned in this post, itd be the TL HANDS DOWN. FWIW, I havent heard of any torque steer issues with the TL 5speed auto.

~alpha
  • mrrogersmrrogers Posts: 391
    Thanks for posting the Washington Post article by Warren Brown. You are correct that you must be registered to read the article. Since registration is free, I highly recommend it.
  • venus537venus537 Posts: 1,443
    i'm certainly not a big fan of toyota but i would probably get a camry over a lacrosse.
  • New ones (I assume base) are advertised for $29,995 in Albuquerque. I frankly think that the middle line LaCrosse feels larger (less cramped) and doesn't ride like a 1997 Ranger extended cab. It isn't a "sports sedan" but is a pleasant riding well equipped car. Nothing special but it doesn't have to be to appeal to the people Buick is trying to reach.
  • Other than the better resale value, I'd like to know why? Nothing wrong with the Camry - I agree.
    I would go Allure for sure. Resale is the only down side I can see but I keep cars for 8 years so it won't make that much difference.

Allure CXS MSRP is around $33K CDN. Camry XLE is about the same up here. Equipment varies a little but they are similar. Allure CXS has more hp, style (IMO) and more space I believe. Don't care about NAV systems nor do most people.
  • rkw2rkw2 Posts: 66
    I was at the dealership having my Regal serviced and walked over to the sales showroom. I sat in a LaCrosse with an MSRP over $32,000. Outside was nice looking, however I was very disappointed in the interior. The leather on the seats was very stiff and the seats were uncomfortable. The lumbar support was almost ineffective. The dashboard buttons for heat, radio etc were small and cheap looking/feeling. No steering wheel controls for radio. Rear visibility appeared to have a lot of blind spots. Rear seat was very tight. Cup holders were small. The interior looked to have been designed 15 years ago. It is more aesthetically appealing on my new to me 1999 Regal. Salesman told me that sales are very disappointing. I would expect that at that price point. Without having driven the car, I'd say for that kind of money I'd go for an entry level luxury car ie Acura, infinity, Lexus, Volvo, etc....The special red tag sale knocks off a couple of dollars but not a whole lot. A car parked outside had the same MSRP.
  • yurakmyurakm Posts: 1,345
    Couple of dollars, or couple of thousand dollars?
  • rkw2rkw2 Posts: 66
    Only a couple of thousand $$...red tag price was still more than $30,000. I forgot to mention that the wood by the gear shifter was badly scratched.....
    Don't you mean the fake stuff that is supposed to look like wood was badly scratched?
  • yurakmyurakm Posts: 1,345
    I thought at first this fake wood is just a Buick nonsense. However, it looks as this is a current fad. Saw the woody plastic on many pictures, even a picture of a new Jeep. By the way, what about your new Ford 500: do I remember it right that it also have a plenty of fake wood on dashboard and/or console?