Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lch77lch77 Posts: 53
    I had just about decided on a T5 XC90 on a lease at $518 a month when I saw a 10/30/04 ad in my local newspaper (Keystone Volvo - eastern, PA) for almost the same car (but without metallic paint) at $399./month for 42 month w/ 12,000 miles/year.

The $399 price was excluding tax and required a $999 cap cost reduction payment. I ended up at $469/month after tax, adding metallic paint and eliminating the $999 up front payment. One reason for the attractive lease is the Verstility Package adds to the base price that is used to fugure residual value, but its cost is deducted from the vehicle cap cost as part of last month's incentive.

Details:
    MSRP: $43,470 w Paint, Climate, Versatility, Premium & AWD.

Capitalized Cost: $40,482.11 from which the Versatiltiy rbate was deducted givng a final cost of $38,676.11

The $40,482.11 cap cost looks to be $181.11 above the Edmunds invoice. The only additional payment I made is a $850. acquisition fee as part of the lease, plus $91.32 for tags, etc.

If the acquisition fee is legitimate, I paid $181.11 above invoice. If it's not, then I paid about $1,000 over invoice, which after the rebate, still isn't a bad deal.
  • attitash1,

I live just outside of Minneapolis, MN, and I can tell you that finding a deal like this wasn't easy. There are only two dealerships within 250 miles of me... this gives the dealerships the upper hand when it comes to pricing. By the time we finished the sale it was a half hour past their closing time, on the last sales day for October. In the end, I was confronted by the sales manager who told me that because of my sale (60th of the month), he had to buy his staff dinner (who knows if this was just a line or not).

Anyway, I would suggest that you get your name out there to a number of dealerships (by phone). Let them know what you are interested in, but never let them believe that you are content with the deal they are giving you. Eventually someone might call you at the end of the month desperately trying to sell you "the quota meeting vehicle". Although this is a highly passive way of buying a car, it still worked for me.

Good luck!
  • coppercopper Posts: 94
    Lch77,
    I was told that the free Versatility incentive was not available when leasing....only when financing.
    I just bought an XC90 T6 from Keystonr as well.
    Did they lie to me?

Copper
  • lch77lch77 Posts: 53
    Copper

I wouldn't think that they would lie about something like that. However, in trying to figure out my lease price compared to their advertisement, they got confused on exactly how the incentive was to be applied so I got 4 different prices before the sales manager calculated the correct value.

Perhaps, the incentive only applied to a T5 lease and not the T6?

LCH77
    I think I figured it out:

The free versatility incentive is only available if you DON'T go through Volvo finance to do your lease. But Volvo finance has the lowest MF and highest Residuals, so you need to figure out what works out better for you. I went with Volvo, their payments came out cheaper for me. And I also took advantage of the multiple security deposits.
  • binksbinks Posts: 1
    Hello, we live in northern virginia and are looking to purchase the XC90 in the next couple months. Don beyer essentially sells 1000 below invoice according to what their salesman said. We are willing to drive within 100 miles. Anyone get more than 1000 below in the d.c. region? Which dealership?

Thanks!
  • jccai1jccai1 Posts: 106
    I think what you got is a fantastic deal! Enjoy your new XC90.
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    For what it's worth, Martens Volvo in DC has advertised that they will meet or beat anyone's price on an XC90.

Please confirm that Don Beyer sells at $1,000 below INVOICE and not $1,000 below MSRP? When I went into their Falls Church location some time ago, they didn't impress me as being that willing to discount. If they are actually selling at $1,000 under invoice, I may need to revisit them. We are debating going for an XC90 V8 using the Overseas Delivery program, but a 2005 XC90 2.5 at $1k under invoice would be tempting as well.
    This price might be taking into account the -$1800 versatility package promo. If so, the "deal" really comes out to $800 over invoice, which is not that great.
  • Looking to buy a 2005 XC90 2.5 in the next few days,

Metallic Paint
    Premium Package
    Versatility Package
    Climate Package
    MSRP $43470

What is the $1800 versatility package promo?

What would be a good price - Invoice $40301

Thanks
  • 05 2.5T AWD
    premium, premium sound, climate, wood steering, 18" wheels, versatility, rear kick plate, xenon lights and metallic paint.

no charge for versatility, that's the promo

msrp - 43,220
    quote - 41,335
    out the door with tax, title etc. - 44,600 (in jersey)

hope that helps, respond for more info.
  • I did my BMW through European Delivery program, with discount over regular ED price ($1200 over ED invoice). Has anyone done it for the Volvo OSD? Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,870
    You might check out the general European Delivery discussion as well.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jaybjayb Posts: 1
    New 2004 XC90 T6 AWD
    255 miles
    Silver Metalic Paint/Graphite Leather
    Premium Package
    Premium Sound
    Versatility Package
    Climate Package
    Bi-Xenon Headlights
    Reverse Park Distance Control
    Wood Steering Wheel
    Rubber Floor Mats

MSRP is $47,545.
    I'm not sure what invoice is (anyone know?).
    I'm paying $42,240 + tax & tags (with no junk fees) - Dealer in MD.

Thanks, Jay
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,870
    You can see invoice pricing here for your area.

You can also get there by clicking the "new cars" tab at the top of the page. Looks like you're doing well, though - below invoice from what I can tell.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I just leased a 2005 T6 AWD (FULLY loaded except navigation) for for the following:

Cap Cost = Dealer Invoice ($44,017)
    Term: 36 Mos.
    Miles: 15K/yr

$750/mo
    $1500 at close, including 1st mo lease

Since I knew they were still making $1806 for the Versatility Package incentive, I ended up negotiating them throwing in wood trim ($895 their retail) and a 9" DVD (crazy $2495 their retail - I would have waited for the sweet dual 7" headrest factory-installed option for $1995, but that would be a custom order and not until January at the earliest).

They also ate the $940 bank acquisition fee, and because of good credit I got my money factor "down" to 1.90 (higher than I would have gotten at BMW, but BMW is crazy agressive, and 1.90 for Volvo compared favorably on LeaseCompare). Residual value after 36 mos of 60%.

For all of this, I paid $300 as cap cost reduction at close, plus TTL and first months' payment for total at walk-away of $1500, and $750 per month.

For this deal, I could have financed a higher priced car at a dealer like BMW, but this fits nicely with my $750 car allowance and I feel happy.
  • mxmmxm Posts: 3
    Hi, I bought the following car in San Francisco on 10-31-04:
    2005 XC90 2.5T AWD
    Climate Package
    Premium Package
    Versatility Package
    Park Assist Rear
    Magic Blue metallic paint
    MSRP is $43,870.
    I paid $38,500 for the car, plus $3,372.69 for sales tax, $45 for doc. prep. fee, $305 for license fee, and $5 for California tire fee. The car has only 8 miles and it comes with Michelin 4x4 Synchrone tires. The whole transaction was very smooth through a fleet/internet sales manager.
    Hope it helps those are still looking for a deal in San Francisco bay area.
    Thanks, Michael
  • as everyone says it is. I am in the car a lot driving kids aroud, have chronic back issues and want to know how owners find this car to be comfort wise? Does the drivers seat feel as comfortable as it seems to be from just sitting in it for a test drive? Thanks for any advice ahead of time.
  • Volvo in general, and XC90 in particular, has the best seats in the world, IMHO as well as the testimonies of dozens other contributors here.

The room at the second row of seats (in 5 seat version or with the third row folded) is truly amazing, almost limousine-like.
  • mxm,
    can you pls let me know the sf bay area dealership from which you bought your xc90? seems like a good deal.
    thanks...
  • jccai1jccai1 Posts: 106
    I've had the car for over 2 weeks. The driver seat is very comfortable for cruising, but too flat and slippery for cornering. Back/lumbar support is very good. I just wish it had more support on both sides. The seats in my friend's S60 sport are perfect. I also really liked the sport seats in my old BMW, but these are totally different cars than the XC90.
  • Volvo makes the best seats in the world. Simply go and sit in them and you will immediately see what many have said previously. Any new car I have driven has resulted in the same thought: 'If only they had Volvo's seats in it...'
  • I totally agree with the seats needing a little more lateral support on the back and bottom. but other than that.. the time I've spent in them cruising around town has been a delight. Now all I need to do is plan a long trip and see how fatigued I get!
  • i was torn between an rx330 and the xc90. ended up going with the xc90 because of safety and price. this is the first time we have ever leased a car. the details:

2005 xc90 fwd
    5 miles on it
    versatility and premium packages, wood trim.

msrp is approximately $40,950. capitalized cost was $36,050 + $795 acquisition fee and $399 dealer fee.

our lease is for 36 months/15,000 miles/year.
    we put $4,500 down which included acquisition fee, dealer fee, first month, tax, tag and title.

payments are $380/month which includes florida taxes of 6%.

we love the car but are pretty disappointed with the gas mileage. i knew it would be bad, i just didn't think this bad. the sticker said 18/23. through the first week of ownership, we are averaging 13.9 miles/gallon according to the trip computer driving pretty much around town.
  • The local volvo dealer advised me that Volvo is offering a 7000 C$ rebate on the remaining 2004 XC90 T6 in Toronto. Has anyone else heard of the rebate and can I get a better discount on top of the rebate
  • Give it time. You can't realistically judge the mileage you are going to get in the first week of the vehicle. It's still breaking in.

Give it a month or so. Our mileage on our 2.5t AWD was horrific for the first few weeks, and has settled in at about 17-18 city and 20-21 highway. I can live with that for a relatively large SUV.
  • guyfguyf Posts: 456
    They had similar rebates on the remaining S60's. You can't Finance the car trough Volvo Finance if you take the $7K rebate.

It's a good deal, I doubt you could do any better than that!
  • ktrktr Posts: 1
    I was just at a Volvo dealer and he offered C$8K rebate.
  • Ok, I think the following offer is fair, but my wife thinks we should try to do a little better. Help me convince her we're doing alright. The dealer stated the offer without a word of haggling.

2005 XC70 Barents Blue Metallic Paint
    Premium, Convenience, and Climate Packages
    16" Xenia Alloy Wheels

MSRP: $40,660
    TMV: $38325
    Invoice: $37,881
    Dealer Offer: $36,881

I told her a $1000 under invoice is a good deal. Right?

Stan in Northern California
  • mxmmxm Posts: 3
    I bought it from Royal Motor Sales through an internet sales manager.
    Good luck.
    Michael