Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• trojanvictrojanvic Posts: 1
    socalgal,
      Sounds like a great deal you've got there. We are pretty much looking for the same-packaged car in SoCal as well, would you mind sharing which dealership did you buy your car from? May be we can share the wealth ;^)
      Thank you.
    - Victor
  • fan_manfan_man Posts: 5
    After much negotiating, I finally bought mine today to take advantage of the Volvo promotion. So, how is this deal I got?

My price is $41,741 (plus tax and fees) for a 2.5T AWD with metallic paint, premium, versatility, climate, navigation, 18" wheel, cargo net, and bi-xenon headlight. I'm also getting the Volvo 1.9% 36-month financing because my savings account pays 2.1%. The best part is I'm supposed to get another $500 rebate from Volvo America for being a AAA member (I still need to mail in the form). So, my final price is about $41,241 (plus tax and fees).
  • Can you tell me about the AAA member offer? I am looking on the AAA Chicago web site, but I can't find anything about a rebate.

Thanks in advance.
    Sorry, all I have is a hardcopy form from the dealer. The saleman showed me the program package, including how much rebate is available for each Volvo model (all sedans & station wagons, except 2004.5 S40, qualified for $1,000 rebate), but would not give me a copy of it. The top of the form states "Volvo Check Request Form, Special Purchase/Lease Program, California State Automobile Association", so I'm not sure if it's available to AAA in Chicago. There is no phone number on the form. But, if it's any help, the mail-in address is a PO box in Dearborn Michigan for Volvo of North America.

Oh, one other thing, the rebate is only good for "employees and their spouses, along with members and their spouses" of AAA, and "you must be an active member for at least 6 months prior to purchase".
  • look4carlook4car Posts: 3
    Can you share which dealer you bought your XC90 in SF bay area? And beside tax, what other fees and how much you paid for those fees? Thank you.
  • socalgalsocalgal Posts: 3
    Santa Monica Volvo. We had a great buying experience. Quickest car purchase ever.

Also, if anyone gets more info on the AAA / Volvo Rebate for California, please pass it on. I am going to call Volvo customer service in the am.

Thanks!
  • So from what I have read, the proper way to lease a car, is to negotiate a price for purchase and then to lease the car at that purchase price, because the lease payments are calculated from the difference in the sales price and the residual value.

So that being said, how do I know the proper residual value for the car I am looking to buy. I could negotiate the price down, and then they could come back with a higher residual value, which looks good on the lease because the payments would be lower, but it comes back to bite you in the end if you opt to buy it.

I am seeing on this website, a proportional number of 1.713 between the purchase price and the residual value... (meaning, take the purchase price and divide that number by the residual value) No matter what the purchase price is, the factor stays at 1.714 because the residual value adjusts accordingly.

So should I trust the residual value number that they are proposing on this website to be accurate?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Scott
    My previous post was yanked by admin because I posted the name of my salesrep. Here is the cleansed version:

The only non-state fee I paid was $45 for document preparation.

I bought it from Carlsen Volvo in Palo Alto. My salesrep told me about the rebate for AAA members. I called many dealers and asked about it afterwards, but no one else even knew nor was able to find/match it. I was a bit concerned about its legitimacy, but I saw the same rebate form given to other buyers at the dealership, so I can't imaging it's a scam.
  • socalgalsocalgal Posts: 3
    If you want to get the special form for the $500 California State Automobile Association rebate, just call Volvo Personal Shopper.

Volvo Personal Shopper
    For new product information, brochures and retailer locations.

Tel: 1-800-550-5658
    Email: newvolvo@volvocars.com
    Hours: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM EST, M - F

I was saddened to learn that because California State Automobile Association covers only Northern California, Utah and Nevada only, I probably won't qualify. (I am in So Cal) Bummer!

The Volvo Personal Shopper had a list of a zillion organizations though...everything from Hospitals to companies like First Capital. Worth a try to see if yours qualifies!
  • akrakr Posts: 24
    Sorry I was traveling last week. The dealer in NJ that I got my lease deal at is Red Bank Volvo, in Red Bank, NJ. The entire negotiation was over the internet and phone and I only went there once to take delivery of the vehicle.
  • look4carlook4car Posts: 3
    Can you please email me the name of your salesrep? My email is public.
    Thank you.
  • crzyaimcrzyaim Posts: 56
    Sounds like you got a good deal. I was wondering if you could post the name of the dealership you used in the Bay Area. We are intersted in buying and this looked like a great deal. Thank you.
  • tierramomtierramom Posts: 15
    I am in So Cal and am looking for a great lease deal. So far, I've been offered an online purchase price (cap cost) of invoice plus 1% less $2000 lease incentive. This works out to be 35,860 (MSRP 40,200) for a 2.5T FWD w/premium, versatility, and metallic paint.

At a dealership, I was offered the following lease rate (though not as good of a purchase deal): money factor of .00153 (3.67% interest) and a residual value of 47% on a 48 mo. lease. This would put my lease payments at $413/mo including tax ($381/mo pretax). Other online web sites are offering 5.5% and 4.9% interest (MF=.00228 & .00204) on 42 & 39 mo. leases. Has anyone had any better luck than this with leasing?

Zeen, what were the money factor and residual value on your great lease deal? Was there an acquisition fee or disposition fee?
  • Not seeing a lot of posts for purchases in the south, so I just wanted to let everyone know my buying experience from orlando...

bought a 2.5T awd, nautic blue, wood steering, versatility pkg, premium pkg, premium sound for $39,500 plus tax tag and title.

Was it a good deal? I don't know. I am sure there have been better deals and there have been worse. My experience was pretty good the dealership.

Thanks all for the info

Scott
  • lee_wlee_w Posts: 239
    coachhomer,
    Thanks for information. That is what this forum is all about. Am sure someone will benefit from your info. Enjoy your new car!
  • tierramomtierramom Posts: 15
    Socalgal,

Was your deal on a FWD or AWD 2.5T? Did you have a trade-in? I'm looking for a great deal in So Cal now, too. Thanks.
  • lg8719lg8719 Posts: 1
    Since I got so much good information from this board, I wanted to share our buying experience.

Two weeks ago, we got a 2004 Ruby Red/Taupe Interior 2.5T AWD with Premium, Versatility, and Climate packages for $38,492. We had to wait for the shipment to arrive from the So Cal port, but it arrived about 4-5 days later at the dealership.

Already have 1000 miles on it, and we absolultely LOVE it. 2.5T engine is really powerful and we are glad we didn't go to the T6 (since we will never tow).

We bought from Topping Volvo of Olympia, WA and did the transaction 100% over the internet. Was a great buying experience.
  • adp3adp3 Posts: 446
    if anyone does the overseas delivery pickup at the facoty, make sure you visit Konditori Brogyllen (a cafe)

without question, the pasty there is as good as you can buy

and the cappucino was excellent

it's easy walkng distance from the SAS Radisson Scandinavia - the concierge or anyone can tell you where it is.
  • barryctbarryct Posts: 29
    As a new Volvo owner I am beginning to realize how much my new XC90 and 2000 S70 (recently acquired) are going to cost me to keep up. Has anyone purchased the Volvo extended warranty? Apparently it is sold through the dealerships. I bought mine through TDS and was not aware of such an option. BTW I was told at the dealership that replacement tires for the XC90 will run about $1k if bought from the dealership.
    Chris
    We considered it, but decided against it, when we bought our XC90. I don't remember the pricing, but it was like $2-3 thousands to double the existing warranty period. We didn't think it was worth it because the extended portion only covered repairs, not maintenance. Since we don't keep our cars for more than 6-7 years, most of our out-of-pocket expenses were for maintenance...

Our 2 recent new cars (1999 MB ML320 and 2000 BMW 323i) were quite trouble free. So far, I don't think we had to spent that much on repairs for both combined.