Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you experience loading issues with the login/register form, please completely disable ad blocker or use an incognito or in-private window to log in.

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Bought it from Lee Volvo in Wellesley. Better (but late) offer came from Tasca in Seekonk. I would recommend trying Tasca first---they were super-responsive and came in with a great price from the get-go. Good luck.
  • Thank you Damutha!
  • First and foremost I want to say thank you to everyone for all the info/help.

My wife changed her mind and now wants a 2005 XC 70. I have priced the vehicle out and d dealer offered me $499 over what he said was invoice but his offer is $1500 over what Edmunds says is the invoice. I have not had this happen in the past but this is the first time I have tried to buy the latest model. A little more help please. The price is above Edmunds invoice but below TMV.

Mike
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,079
    Well, it sounds like you're at a point where you'd take the vehicle as he's priced it, since it IS under TMV. If you consider that TMV is the average price paid in your area, then you're doing better than average.

If you still want to work on the numbers with the dealer, go back and do a TMV report again, making sure you've got all of the options listed so that your report is accurate. Then print out the report and politely show him the Edmunds.com invoice price, and let him know how much over that invoice price you're willing to pay.

It *is* a new model year vehicle, so if the dealer doesn't have many others on the lot, he may not be willing to part with it for less, figuring that someone else will pay more for it in a few days.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• Thank you that is very helpful
  • jr8jr8 Posts: 4
    I got this deal from Calabasas Volvo, but you can probably get it from others as well.
  • jr8,
    I would appreciate very much if you could tell me the dealership you bought your XC90 T6.
    Thank you.
              e12q14
  • 2004 XC90 2.5T
    FWD
    Premium Package
    Versatility Package
    Climate Package
    $37250 + tax
    This is San Francisco Bay Area.
  • I got a deal of $200 above invoice for a 2005 Volvo XC90 2.5T. This is an unbelievable deal in my opinion for a new model year vehicle. The only problem is I don't want to take delivery until the end of October because that's when my current lease ends.

The dealer told me I need to take the car by the end of this month to get this deal. Should I take this deal now and eat the last payment on my current lease? Or is there a chance that I will find another deal like this next month? Are there incentives on these 2005's already?? Very strange that they are discounting them so early in the new model year.

Copper
  • If there is a manufacturer to dealer incentive, chances are the it is greater than your one month lease payment for them to agree to $200 above invoice. I'd just go for it and buy it. However, there is a chance that if there is an incentive, it might get extended to the next month. Which dealer was this at?
  • Lee Volvo
  • The wife and I are seriously looking into purchasing the XC90 after we were blown away on the test drive. The dealer told us this crazy thing that Volvo does: Fly you over to Sweden to pick up your car, put you up in hotel, and pay insurance on the vehicle while you drive it in Europe? From reading this post I would say that that scenario may in fact be true? If so, what is the catch? Do you have to pay an import tarif or tax? Or is that all factored into the purchase price?

Thanks
    Phil
  • That seems like a very good deal, judging from my experience down here in DC, where the floor seems to be 2 percent over invoice. Not that that's an unfair asking price either, it seems to me, being well under Edmunds' TMV for the new '05s and about the same as the final TMV for the '04s -- despite all the fire-sale deals that were written in the last few months to get those off the lots. There don't seem to be a massive amount of XC90s on the ground here right now, which may be a factor.
  • It's called Overseas Delivery (OSD). More info can be found at http://www.flyvolvo.com/
  • adp3adp3 Posts: 446
    re oversead delivery, there is no catch, other than that you need to actually go to the factory to pick up the car. (you can't simply order from the factory and then have them ship it to you )

I guess maybe having to eat the Swedish cuisine could be considered a catch

:-)

(seriously, there is a pastry place about two blocks from the hotel that is worth flying to Sweden for)

I guess the other "catch" is that you don't just plop down your money and drive you car home the same day - from the time you take delivery, it takes 4-6 weeks for the car to get to your local dealer, depending on when you drop it off
  • You have a choice of about 20 delivery points around Europe, so you are pretty flexible planning your vacation.
    But the factory delivery has it's own charm. So we did Factory twice.
  • Anybody know what the security deposit for Volvo Finance is? One dealership said $500, and another said $575.

I'm going for the max multiple security deal, and this will be a $750 difference between the two.

Thanks,
    Copper
  • Not quite sure how Swedish food is, but my mom's from England and the fish-n-chips will be within throwing distance. The pastry in Sweden will be an added bonus. I think they, Volvo, might be getting another lifelong customer. :-)
  • Titanium gray
    Premium
    Versatility
    Touring
    Climate
    Wood steering wheel
    Bi-xenon headlamps
    Reverse warning
    Cargo net
    $45000+tax (SF Bay Area)
  • You can pick your Volvo up in London, if you do not mind to drive on a "wrong" side of the street.
  • We just drove home our new Volvo XC90 and couldn't be happier with the price and purchase experience at Calabasas(CA) Volvo, Internet Manager was great. He even changed tires from Pirrelis to Michelins on request. Deal we got:

2005 White FWD
    Versatility package + Premium package +Dest.
    Price=$37,300 + Tax and License
    Close to $800 under invoice
  • I am very interested about this program but I have a few questions: Can you haggle price with them like to do with dealer? or is this a fix-price deal? Also how is tax calculated? No sale tax will be great!
    We have a whole topic dedicated to this process, called European Delivery: Experience, Advice & Info. You can also do a search on the keyword "tax," and you'll get answers to the sales tax question.

The tax process varies from location to location, but in many places, you pay tax when you register the vehicle if you don't have proof that you've already paid elsewhere.

kirstie_h

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Which KC dealership did you use?
  • I prurchased a XC90 2.5T with AWD, metallic paint, premium package, versatility package, navigation system, rear parking assist, climate package for $400 above invoice with 1.9% financing for 36 mnths. How does this compare to other purchases in the Bridgewater area? I could have gone through the X-plan, but that would have been approximately $875.00 above invoice.

George
  • What was the MSRP?
  • Titanium gray 2.5 AWD
    Premium
    Versatility
    Climate
    Reverse warning
    Running Boards

$44.4K out the door.
  • IIHS's recent article on mismatched bumpers is of interest. Does anyone know of the xc90 and xc70 bumpers are the same distance from the ground. If so, then I might just go with xc70.

I know xc90 is very safe, but its center of gravity is on the tippy end of a four star rollover rating -- true stabilty control help, perhaps helps a lot. A google search of xc90 rollover accident' turned up nothing.
    For that question, you might check in our regular Volvo XC90 SUV discussion, since this one is mainly about pricing & purchasing experiences.

kirstie_h

• I just got a quote in phoenix, az for a 2005 fwd 2.5 titanium gray with 7 seats. My company can get ford xplan price. Dealer xplan price quoted was 38125. He says he will sell it for 37351. Edmunds invoice price says 38238 and TMV price says 40367. This seems like a good deal on this car. Any other recent experience in the southwest on XC90 pricing and input on this price? Thank you