Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• guyfguyf Member Posts: 456
    You ordered the 2.5T engine. This one continues to be offered. It is the T6 which will not be offered anymore in the XC90. Not for problems but because it is replaced by the V8. There was no need for 3 engine options in the XC.

Volvo will certainly not discontinue the XC; I think it is their best seller in North America. :)

I have 23k miles on mine and the brakes are fine. Everything is by the way. You made the right choice to go with the 2.5T. At the price of gas these days...
  • mib90024mib90024 Member Posts: 8
    Dear All, I have a offer from my AAA memeber suggested Volvo dealership(require dealer to be below invoice offer to AAA members/LA, CA);

he is offering:MSRP$55,765 for 2006 with fully loaded and Nav & DVD package. Invoice$52,004, Residual 61%, 36 months lease 15K mi/and $632+Tax/mo (w/ $1125 driveoff) or $551/mo(w/$5500 driveoff). Is this a good offer?? Or too high??
    How much room can this car come down??Or monthly payment. He did not told me about the base rate or MF..etc.

How should I approach this lease? Pls advise.
  • pwilliampwilliam Member Posts: 1
    My S-80 is due to come of lease in the next couple of months and I am thinking about the XC-90. My local dealer in Texas is offering any 2.5T on the lot for $599 down total out of pocket $599 a month 15k 48 months. Is this a good deal or could one do better?

thanks
    Paul
  • dogbert_ncdogbert_nc Member Posts: 7
    Based on all the cheerleading for OSD, I thought I would check it out. We currently have a Swedish exchange student living with us, and a free trip to Sweden sounded like a good bonus ;-).

After looking at the OSD Pricing online for the '06 XC90 (http://www.volvocars.us/NR/rdonlyres/A2AE8504-E9D5-45B3-ADCB-A65E5C179913/313742/XC90MC31- 062.pdf), it appears that it's not such a good value after all. The base price is very good (below invoice), but all of the options and packages are priced at full sticker value. Thus, the more options you add, the worse the value becomes. For example, if you take a 2.5T AWD, add the versatility, premium and climate packages, and then a few other ala-carte options like Xenon, metallic paint and wood steering wheel, you can pretty quickly get ABOVE invoice price.

I assume that the dealer kickbacks don't apply to OSD, so it seems to me you should be able to negotiate a better deal here. The V8 is a better case for OSD, as the versatility and premium pkgs are rolled into the base price, and thus discounted.

Anybody know why they don't discount the options on the OSD to at least invoice price? Seems crazy to me.

A free trip to Sweden sure sounds like fun though...

PS I'm currently trying to decide between buying new via OSD, or buying a used '05. I've negotiated to $35,000 on the used '05 2.5T. It has 12,000 miles, climate/versatility/premium packages, metallic paint, wood steering wheel, 18" wheels and aftermarket Yakima roof rack (which I need). It's in perfect condition, being sold b/c owner got a company car. Does this sound like a good deal?

Thanks!
  • c130c130 Member Posts: 16
    I bought a 2006 XC90 V8 with touring, convenience, climate, RSE, IAQS, and Bi-Xenon for $500.00 over invoice, which might give you a comparable quote on a 2006 at your dealer. I was initially going to do the overseas delivery, but at the $500 over invoive, it wasn't worth it to because I didn't really have the time with two small kids.
  • smenasmena Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for the same car in South Florida - Miami area. What dealer? They just quoted me same car for 605 per month including tax, 12K 39 months, 1month, tax tag.

Yours is a much better deal.

How can I find it?
  • justcruisingjustcruising Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted $44,965 by a dealer in CT for a 2005 XC90 (sticker was approx $49,800). It included Premium , Climate, Versatility, Touring, Wood Steering Wheel & Bi-Xenon lights. He said it was a "much better value" than what he could on the 2.5T. I went in looking for the 2.5T AWD, but he is obviously trying to move the V8. I'm extremely leery about buying the larger V8 engine due to the rising costs in gas. Does any know what the "real" mileage difference is between the 2.5T and V8? Also, is this a good price? Or should I hold out further for a better deal on the V8. I have to believe these larger engines are getting harder to move.

Thanks!
  • klockboyklockboy Member Posts: 33
    I got quoted approx. $3,000 less on almost the exact same V-8 (I believe my lease was based on Sales Price of $41,600 - this included the $1,000 Volvo Loyalty). So...I would say you can do much better than what you have been quoted.

Also, this deal was done in PA.

Good Luck.

Klockboy...
  • ridizridiz Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

I am from New Jersey and looking to buy a 2004 XC90. I love the trucks and that year appears to be in my price range (I wish I could afford a new one ;) ). I've narrowed it down to 3 specific vehicles that are all very similar:

2004 XC90 T6, 14000-19000 miles, Premium, Climate, Versatility, Navigation, Parking Sensors.

#1: Above, Black on Grey, 15,250 mi., 2 screw holes in dash, missing mats, non-Volvo dealer asking $36K
    #2: Above + Tow Package, Black on Taupe, 14,000 mi., not seen yet (claims excellent), private party asking $35K firm
    #3: Above + DIO DVD system, Silver on Grey, 18,500 mi, not sen yet (claims clean), private party asking $35K OBO

Assuming they are all in a similar condition, which one would you go for? Why? Any experience w/ the 2004 T6, good or bad?

I appreciate any insight anyone would have...I have to turn in my S60 in 9 days! :D
    ridiz -

A few comments based on my research (not actual experience). Comments on this message board and many professional reviewers prefer the 2.5T over the T6. Better gas mileage, cheaper, and the real performance seems to be negligible. Is there a particular reason you are only looking at the T6? That's what I originally though I wanted, but after doing a lot of research (thanks to all the posters here!), I've decided on either a used 2.5T or new V8 through the OSD program next year.

Also, I've decided not to look at anything prior to '05, again based on comments on the Edmunds boards and other research. It seems they had a lot of kinks the first year ('03) and were still working some out in '04. The complaints tend to drop off for '05, but that could because there's been less time for the kinks to surface...

Just for reference, I'm currently negotiating with a private party for a 2005 2.5T AWD loaded with premium, climate and versatility pkgs; plus 18" wheels, wood steering wheel and metallic paint. 12k miles. We're around $35k on price, but I'm holding steady for a few hundred under that.

As for your options above, it's really going to boil down to what features are important to you. The DVD and Nav systems are quite expensive IMHO (~$2k each). So I don't assign anywhere near retail values to those features. But other might consider those "must haves" and assign more value. Towing pkg would be similar. Would you really use it? It's rated to tow a pretty big load, but I would not want to tow anything very large with it due to the short wheel base. Also, I much prefer Taupe interior to charcoal. I live in NC where it gets pretty hot and black leather can put blister on bare legs. But others prefer the stain hiding abilities of darker interiors. Bottom line is that the 3 options you present appear pretty similar, and which one is best is going to boil down to personal preference.
    Dogbert,

Thank you for all of the advice. It all sounds good. I probably would prefer the 2.5T over the T6, but it seems to be the only thing available in my market currently that doesn't have too many miles on it. I would wait it out, but I have put myself in a perdicament, where I need to turn in my current lease in 8 days.

That's a great price for that vehicle. I'm not sure about NC, but during my limited research, it appeared that prices were generally lower in the western states compared to the northeast. I don't know how much region affects price.

The only option that is sort of a must have is the Nav. The DVD I could take or leave, as I don't see much use for it for another couple of years (no kids yet). The towing package is completely useless to me. I was thinking the same thing about the interior!
    I've noticed a disproportionate amount of T6's on the market as well - especially on eBay. I took that as a sign...

Hopefully I'll seal the deal on my 2.5T tomorrow...

FYI, a 2004 2.5T AWD with all the pkgs, plus Nav, 19k miles sold for $32,500.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4574748267&sspagename- =STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

So there are deals out there if you can be patient. But it looks like that's not your situation :sick:
    Just a follow up...

I'm (or more appropriately, my wife is) now the proud owner of a used '05 2.5T AWD, light green metallic, premium/versatility/climate pkgs, wood steering wheel, 18" alloy wheels, 12,500 miles. Sticker was $45k including dealer charges. I paid $35k.

Tires (Michelin) and brakes seem to have at least 50+% life left, so no issues there - unlike reports from others on the Issues/Solutions board.

Thanks to everyone for their comments on these boards. It was very helpful. I'll post some gas mileage numbers once the thrill of putting my foot to the floor in this car wears off...
    Congratulations Dogbert! I also wanted to follow-up and mention that I had pulled the trigger on a '04 T6, silver, premium/versatility/climate pkgs, navigation, DVD player (dealer installed), 19,500 miles. I paid $33K.

The feature that most influenced my decision to purchase this vehicle was the extended warranty that was included with it. It was a CPO purchased in December (the seller has to leave the country), so for a $25 transfer fee, the car is under warranty for 100,000 miles or until August of 2010!

This was option #3 from above. The truck is in good shape and just needs to be detailed. Thanks everyone for all the useful information on this board. I'm sure I'll continue being a frequent visitor.
  • campalamocampalamo Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I have driven several SUV's in the catergory and decided the XC90 is the best all around vehicle. I would like to buy before the end of the quarter (3 days away) I would like to know what others have paid for a new 2005 or 2006 2.5T AWD with premium, climate and versatility pkgs and metalic paint. I am in the San Francisco Bay Area, and there seems to be quite a bit of inventory at the local dealers (10-18 2.5t's at each dealer), but they don't seem to want to go lower than about $37.8k +TTL.

Can some of you recent purchasers or those that have been quoted prices tell me what price you are getting for this vehicle? Thanks much for your reply's! I am really excited about this vehicle, but want to get the best price possible.
    $37,800 sounds pretty good. The lowest I got in NC was $38,500 on a similar '05 2.5T AWD (prem/vers/climate, metallic paint, wood steering wheel, 18" alloy wheels). And that was a demo with about 6k miles.
  • thadhillarythadhillary Member Posts: 1
    Which dealers are you finding to have the best inventory and price?
  • volvofan1volvofan1 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for the best price people have got on a 2006 XC90 2.5T AWD with metallic paint, premium package and versatility package. The best price i have gotten so far is $39,000 + TTL. Any information would be very helpful for me to finalize my deal. I am looking to buy in the next couple of days.
  • bnightenbnighten Member Posts: 2
    I am in the middle of negotiating a purchase of a Volvo XC 90 - T6 AWD, with 3rd row seats, in the SF Bay area. It is a 2003 with 23K miles for $35,995. Interior and exterior looks very clean. I am interested in anyone's opinion on this vehicle from a performance perspective, and if the price seems to be fair. I am thinking that it might be hgh by a $1000 or so, but would welcome any comments.

Brad
  • bnightenbnighten Member Posts: 2
    I in in the SF area as well. What kinds of deal did you eventually settle on and which dealership did you find ofered the best deal?

Brad
  • hankavellahankavella Member Posts: 5
    just joined the discussion. in august, for an MSRP (56,670) absolutely loaded V8 (touring package, convenience package, climate package, plus paint, nav, entertainment, xenon, iaqs, exterior styling kit, hitch, etc) paid 49.9. had a/z plan pricing plus incentives. was MY 2005.5.

also had the free ski passes, but the dealer has no clue on the paperwork needed
  • epetroepetro Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone actually taken the offer from Volvo by going to Sweden to purchase an X90? How was the experience? Were the savings worth the trip? How much did you save? Thanks.
  • cv2006cv2006 Member Posts: 23
    We are looking at a 2006 XC90 2.5T with premium package, versatility package, convenience package, 18" alloy wheels & rear entertainment system for $40,422. Is this a good price? TIA!!! :D
  • mztravelmztravel Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a 2006 XC90 2.5 AWD black with premium, versatility and wood stearing for $35800 in Charlotte NC....
  • kl644kl644 Member Posts: 4
    We picked up our V8 this summer and had a great time, I can highly recommend it. Volvo treats you well at their international sales center, hands you the key to your brand new car and invites you for lunch. Unfortunately we missed the factory tour as our small children were tired and ready for a nap. Hotel in Gothenburg is nice, so is the town, very pleasant.

Several people in our group just accepted the car and had it shipped right away and travelled through Europe by train.

We drove about a 1,000 miles in Sweden, Denmark and Germany. Doing about 100 miles per hour on the autobahn and lots of cars want to pass you.

I will get back on our total savings, I have to look it up. But including a two week vacation there is not a whole lot of savings: you get two free tickets, I had to buy two additional tickets at 1,200 USD each, hotels, parks, ferry, etc. And of course gas...I filled up my tank for 119 USD in Germany, and it wasn't even empty! I must have paid about 6 USD per gallon and a V8 consumes a lot! I have not seen one V8 in Europe, but lots of XC90 diesels.

But regardless of the savings, I will definitely do it again! And it took less than four weeks from the moment I dropped of the car until I picked it up at the local dealer on the East Coast, not bad.
  • emissionemission Member Posts: 3
    Wife and I are looking at an '06 XC90 V8 with an MSRP of $49,830. We are interested in leasing. Are there any aggressive rebates/lease programs with that vehicle right now? What should we expect to see as a discount off MSRP? Thanks!
  • lmuellerlmueller Member Posts: 29
    Wow - that sounds like a great deal. Best I'm getting is 2006 XC90 FWD (no metallic paint), premium, and versatility for $36,200. Anything special you had to do to get this price? Just wondering if you could give some helpful hints...
  • gdslugogdslugo Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Houston and am looking for an '05 closeout or '06 xc90. Any idea if there are manufacture incentives to Dealers on either of these vehicles?
  • lmuellerlmueller Member Posts: 29
    gdslugo,
    We are in Houston, too. There are some incentives on both the '05 and '06's (you can look at Edmunds rebate and incentive pages for the exact amounts). We just did a deal on an '06 2.5T yesterday. Would have probably gotten a better deal on an '05 if we wanted to buy, but since we wanted to lease, the '06 came out considerably better. Had a great experience at Volvo of Houston. Negotiated everything over the phone. Had other dealers tell us if we could get the car for "that price", then do it (so we did). Very pleased overall. All dealership personnel were very friendly and easy to work with. Couldn't have gone better. Good luck with your XC90 hunt!
  • mcdoakmcdoak Member Posts: 2
    Looking for advice on best price in Bay Area for Premium package (inc. rear entertainment system and nav) 2.5 T AWD XC 90 2006, metallic paint (silver)...got an quote from McKevitt in Berkeley of $42,000 as the cap price; with $2,000 drive off, 36 month lease payment came to $650 per month...is this the best deal out there? Mike McD
  • mcdoakmcdoak Member Posts: 2
    Hey Volvofan1...did you every make a deal on this XC90...this sounds like the exact car my wife and I are looking to buy...would love you input as to what you paid, where, etc...thanks.

Mike McD
  • nineheadninehead Member Posts: 3
    That's a great price. could you email me the dealer info? Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,123
    No e-mails please...

You may post dealership information here... name, city and state.. But, no individual names please..

thanks,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I see. Thanks.

I am new here.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,123
    No problem.... we all were at one time... ;)

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• floatingcloudfloatingcloud Member Posts: 27
    mztravel: if I am right, this is several thousand under the invoice? What's the big incentive to make the dealer to go that low with a new 06 model? Could you provide more information? That will be very helpful.
    Thank you.
    We started off looking in Atlanta and a friend referred us to University Volvo in Charlotte NC. I told the dealer what the dealership in Atlanta quoted me and he beat the price. No hard haggling. He even threw in wood steering.
    University Volvo
    Charlotte, NC

small dealership great staff
  • floatingcloudfloatingcloud Member Posts: 27
    mztravel, sorry if I seem to ask the same question again. I suspect my math was wrong. Is it really several thousand $ off the invoice, or I got the invoice number wrong? According to Edmunds, without Ad fee and wood steering, the invoice of an 2.5 AWD with premium and versatility package is around $40,000. ?
    MSRP: 41905 (Premium + Versatility + Metallic paint)
    Invoice: 39021
    I paid 35500 + TTL (including $500 incentive for financing)
  • xc90buyer1xc90buyer1 Member Posts: 1
    I was just told today by a dealer that Volvo has quit making cars with the White Pearlescent color. He said only 1000 were made and he can't even order one in that color. Has anyone heard this or have information on this color?
  • mrpb7029mrpb7029 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy a Volvo XC90 v-8 with the Navigation system and DVD player system. I have a quote on two 05's. what is a good price for this vehicle. I also noticed that the dealer is getting a buy back from manufacturer - should i negotiate the price taking that 2500 into account?

the prices i have are: 05-nav system & dvd - $47,000, but this car is used -1800 miles.

05 no nav. syst. or dvd, brand new - 43,000

Are these good prices?
  • gambiamangambiaman Member Posts: 131
    I just picked up a white pearl V8 on Oct 17 in Sweden via the OSD program. Drove it to Nice and turned it in on Oct 27 for shipping back to the US. It left Europe today for the return trip. I drove it 1777 miles and was getting over 20 MPG until I got on the autobahn in Germany. Very nice car and I had no problems with it at all. Now I can't wait for it to get here. Per the Volvo site white pearl is still available and was used on other Volvo cars. You might want to confirm with another dealer that it is no longer available.
    Em
  • grazynagrazyna Member Posts: 5
    This is just incredible price you got. Could you please let me know your dealer name or location. Thank you so much.
  • mguomguo Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Cleveland area, Ohio. I just placed the order for my 2006 XC90 2.5T AWD (5 seats) with premium package, climate package, wood steeling wheel and titanium grey exterior for $37K. The vehicle is in the port of Baltimore now. Anyone can tell me how long it will take to go through the Customs and ship to the dealership? Thxs.

- mguo
    We finally found the XC90 that we wanted and I wanted to share the price that we paid for it. I know that when we first started looking, I kept coming here hoping to get an idea of a fair price.

We got an 2006 (2.5T) in Magic Blue/Taupe Interior with Premium, Versatility, Convenience & Climate Packages. Also 18" alloy wheels and Rear Seat Entertainment System for $40,199 ($42,769 with taxes and tag).

We dealt with 3 dealerships in S. Florida in the Broward county area. Good luck to all of you in your search!
  • grazynagrazyna Member Posts: 5
    cv2006, it your Volvo AWD or FWD ? What was MSRP price for it ? Thank you.
    It's FWD and the MSRP was $46,620.
  • davilydavily Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at the XC90 and I am located in Toronto Canada. Any members on the board get a good price on the XC90 2.5 7 seater? If so, which dealership?
    Thanks
  • oman9oman9 Member Posts: 97
    I visited Power Volvo in Irvine and may buy the V8 AWD model. Anyone have any experiences they can share with this dealership or any others in Orange County or North San Diego County?

What are people paying (anywhere in the country) for this model? I notice a few posts above at several thousands below invoice? Thanks in advance!