Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chevrolet HHR

1252627282931»

Comments

• Options
    laserbluelaserblue Member Posts: 313
    No, I didn't give them any hint, just arrived at the second dealer and described the sound the same way I had done with the first dealer. They even pass me a rental (no charge) until mine was fixed.
    Went I say "bearing" it's not the wheel bearings but as noted on the invoice the "Upper strut bearings"...nothing to do with the wheels it's somewhere on the front suspension. The had to open the hood to unbolt something and take the wheels off to replace those "Upper strut bearings".
  • Options
    laserbluelaserblue Member Posts: 313
    We presently own a 2010 Chevrolet HHR and we usually trade our car every 4 to 5 years.

We're starting to look around to see which models could be suitable as we think trading it in next year. Unfortunatly...no more HHR since 2011. :(

We spotted the Chevrolet Trax and the Chevrolet Orlando but we've read that these models aren't sold in the U.S.
    We travel in the U.S. often during the year and take our summer vacation there also an average of over 6000 miles per year. Here is my question...

If we have a car breakdown in the U.S. with a vehicle that isn't sold in the U.S. what happens?
    Are we "stuck" for days/weeks before the parts are shipped from Canada to our location in the U.S.?
  • Options
    dixiemomdixiemom Member Posts: 2
    Chevy dealer says I have to replace the door panel.....wonder if this is true.....is so it's salvage city for me for that. Nearly decapitate myself with the trunk that won't stay up......people keep trying to seel me the hood supports and they are NOT the same!!!!! Salvage yard again for this, but may get them online. Just REALLY frustrated!!!! When it rains it pours!
  • Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    For the door handle, there are replacements (for quite a bit less money) available. It does take some mechanical knowledge and effort though. A google search for 'dorman hhr handle' is one option (I believe they have a youtube video on procedure also). They may also be others available.

For the rear liftgate strut I would get a GM one, there are various online places that sell original GM parts for less then dealer price (I always check various ones as shipping from some can be costly, even with lower price for item)
  • Options
    dixiemomdixiemom Member Posts: 2
    ray80,

Thanks for the advice :-) Wanted to ask though, I have found the rear liftgate struts online that say they fit the car, they are not from Chevrolet. Does is matter as to a brand? I had found an entire door panel on ebay for $89 or best offer with free shipping.
  • Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    Could be tough call on the struts, may be ok if they are really the same size quality ETC. I did a quick google search for 'gm parts Arizona' and the second place listed (once you stumble through online catalog) has them for $23.88 with free slow ground shipping.

For the door panel I am thinking there may be pins (that could be broken) that are part of it, might want to make sure everything is intact before going for it.