Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Volkswagen Passat 2006+

Comments

• Options
    carfan3carfan3 Member Posts: 27
    Hi there,

As of today, I checked VW Website and build my Passat section, and there is no Option on Bluetooth. When i picked up my 3.6 Passat, the dealer told me that Bluetooth should be out sometime, but nobody knows when as VW has not mentioned anything. He said he will let me know.

Can you please let me know where you got the info from? Thanks.
  • Options
    jimd4jimd4 Member Posts: 877
    Great move!
  • Options
    markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    Mfgr's Web sites are slow to be current, for reasons I know not.

I do not know NOW if you can or can't get BT, but the VW website will be updated, oh, I'd say within 90 days of the actual event.

Not to pick on VW, many of them seem to have a mystery schedule.

If something is coming but not yet out, I would post the info with availability dates, were I VW.

I am not, obviously, but I share the frustration, since Audi does the same stuff.
  • Options
    streetcarbenstreetcarben Member Posts: 1
    I can't belive Volkswagen decided not to offer their new Passat wagon in the United States without a manual transmission!!! I presently drive a 1999 Passat wagon with a manual transmission. Previously I had a 96 Golf. I love my Passat! I hate driving automatics! Volkswagen offers the new Passat wagon in countries outside the U.S. with a manual. I sent Volkswagen an angry email denouncing their foolish decision. Their reply was smug and unapologetic. I'm presently looking to replace my 7 year old Passat. Until VW reverses their decision on the U.S. version of the new Passat wagon, and improves their customer service this loyal Volkswagen fan won't be considering a new VW! Why is it that auto manufactures are soooooo bad at offering American consumers the same transmission choices that are given to consumers in other countries! :mad:
  • Options
    I think in VWs case it is because maybe 2% of oweners buy manual ( I am guessing). In Europe people are more into manual etc. The 6 speed tiptronic is so nice! Try it once.
  • Options
    feilofeilo Member Posts: 128
    No meaning to add fuel to the "fire" and posting as fellow Passat Variant owner, you are a minority within a minority - wagoneers (~10% of Passats - maybe) and stick shifters (~5% - I'll be generous. Marketing people just do not payt attention to such demographics. Blame the American consumers for demanding auto boxes! However I will echo jimd4's comment about the 6-speed Tip (auto) tranny - try it ...
  • Options
    shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    For those of us who like, prefer, want or need to drive a manual transmission, the Tiptronic (and all other transmissions that don't have a third pedal) is junk.

Streetcarben, my younger brother just spent several months agonizing over what car to get for his growing family. Prior to a couple of months ago, he had a Jetta wagon with the 1.8T 5-Speed and refused to settle for anything that had less than three pedals under the dash. Then one day he stumbled upon an "Executive" W8 Passat Wagon with a 6-Speed manual with only 6,000 miles on it. He's now a happy man with two manual transmission equipped VW Wagons. ;-)

Regarding VWs decision, I feel your pain. I was all set to replace my first (and so far only) Passat GLX 5-Speed with a new one when VW decided to just simply not produce a manual transmission that particular year (1999), even though they did in 1998 and did again in 2000. Go figure.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    feilofeilo Member Posts: 128
    While not a great fan of autoboxes in general, I believe in giving credit where credit is due. Not all autoboxes are created equal - I can't say that I have driven every auto-gearbox-equipped car ever, I have drive the 6-spd Tip for an extended period and I would say it is superior to your run-out-of-the-mill auto/slush box. I understand the DSG is also right up there and I am looking forward to trying that.

shipo, obviously you have a far wider knowledge and experience on auto boxes than me to declare them all "junk" ... ;) Not all manual boxes are created equal either.
  • Options
    Hmmm, I think I misstated my "opinion" regarding Automatic transmissions. What I intended to convey was that regardless of how good an Automatic transmission is, for someone who wants a manual, the basic goodness of any given Automatic is irrelevant. It could be the best Automatic in the world and dedicated stick drivers won't be the least bit interested.

With that in mind, when someone like streetcarben says, "I hate driving automatics!" I believe him and would NEVER even think of suggesting he try one, even the best in the world. So, to me, and it seems him as well, for our needs/wants/desires, all Automatic transmissions are indeed "junk" as they are quite simply inferior (according to our personal measuring stick) to the true 3-Pedal Manual transmission.

The flip side of all of this is that I can absolutely admire the engineering that has gone into devices like the DSG and even admit that cars with DSG like transmissions are faster around a race track. No doubt about it, from a technology point of view, they are far superior than manual gear boxes.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    asefasef Member Posts: 12
    Is the "DRL" indicator on the dashboard instrument panel supposed to be ALL THE TIME during the day (i.e. when your regular headlights are not on)?

I swear this didn't used to be on, but now it's on all day.

I always thought that any dashboard light indicated trouble, but my dealer tells my this "DRL" one is SUPPOSED to be on all the time.
  • Options
    asefasef Member Posts: 12
    Since posting, I found out that this is the correct behavior. Apparently it's to remind you to turn on your headlights at night, if all you have on are the DRLs.
  • Options
    asjavuasjavu Member Posts: 5
    It is intergrated into the steering wheel. There is a little phone next to the volume (I believe) controls. You have to pay extra (around $500) to have the bluetooth installed and activated by the dealter
  • Options
    asjavuasjavu Member Posts: 5
    I currently have the 06 2.0t Passat and it has auto. I hate it!!! :mad:

I really wanted a manual but wanted options and did not want to wait to see if VW was ever going to come to their senses and offer a manual with options.

Auto with triptronic =boring driving =terrible turbo lag. Also it seems like the it's driving best when it's on the highway going 70+ mph. I am thinking about trading it next year due to the Turbo lag and in hopes that a manual will be offered.

I am just really disappointed with VW, the turbo lag is my biggest complaint. I posted on here before- I thought it was the gas causing the slugginess, nope - turbo lag.
  • Options
    moemoemoemoe Member Posts: 11
    I have a 06 Passat with the 6 speed automatic. I have no complains about the turbo lag. The car handles great and the automatic is a compliment to the car. Especially if you are driving in the city or heavy traffic, try the spot mode and the transmission holds the gear longer and does not upshift if you take your foot of the gas (eg driving in stop and go traffic, which we have a lot in Atlanta). I am a first time VW buyer and love the driver much better than my Accord (I have nothing bad to say about the accord either, other than every other house on my block has a accord in the driveway)... Hope this helps
  • Options
    allhorizonallhorizon Member Posts: 483
    I am just really disappointed with VW, the turbo lag is my biggest complaint. I posted on here before- I thought it was the gas causing the slugginess, nope - turbo lag.

The 2.0TFSI has no perceptible turbo lag. There can be a lag off-line due to the drive-by-wire system, if you release the brake late. There can also be a transmission lag if you drive it like a grandma most of the time, and the next minute you decide it's a sports car (the transmission is adaptive). To circumvent the latter, shift into sports mode.

Again, this engine has an extremely wide torque band, and does not suffer from turbo lag. If your car does not respond immediately and with a definite surge/rush, have it looked at (at a competent VW service place).
  • Options
    Were manual transmissions -- from the mfgrs point of view -- no additional charge to bring to the US, and were there some customers (more than 2% possibly more than 5%) who would actually buy them, well, you can almost be certain they would be here.

This has to be supply and demand, and we who demand have been our own undoing.

My wife said to me "well I'd better enjoy my 2005 BMW X3 with the 6 speed manual while I can."

Even she is giving in.

She says, "do you think they'd produce a car JUST FOR ME?" She answered, "of course not, so I will buy what they sell."

I bought the new A6 -- were a 6 man avail, I would have one.

The tiptronic is the best automatic I have ever had, which is still roughly like saying this has been the least painful root canal I have ever had.

But, in "S" mode there is almost no lag -- and whatamigonnadoanyway?
  • Options
    So has anyone drove the 2007 2.0T wagon yet?
  • Options
    stonehengestonehenge Member Posts: 17
    I have an '06 Passat 3.6 with bi-xenons. DRL also always on. Dealer also told me that there is no difference in intensity between DRL and low beam headlights. Does this sound logical or correct? I could have sworn that there was a difference in intensity when I first picked up the car. However, one of the xenons blew after 10 days of ownership and since the dealer replaced it, there is no diff between DRL's and low beams. :shades:
  • Options
    georgekgeorgek Member Posts: 50
    Yes, I drove three 2.0s with and without package 2. The comments below are in comparison to my 2000 GLS 1.8T wagon.

What I liked - Roomier than B5 Passat, quicker acceleration, little or no turbo lag, the auto now can be started in 2nd gear for winter driving, sport mode on auto, more storage places in and around dash, handles a little better, satellite radio available.

What I did not like - Much noisier than my 2000, shoddy interior materials, torque steer (no torque steer on B5),
    upgraded stereo now costs $1000 instead of $287, rougher ride than B5, much higher prices, goodies like power seats and dual zone climate control STILL not available on 4 cylinder models.

I am trading my 2000 Passat in on a 2006 SAAB 9-5 wagon. Larger, more comfortable, better ride, handling about the same, more luxurious and quicker than the 2.0. All the "goodies" of the V-6 Passat for less money. I love my 2000 and wanted to buy another Passat wagon, but extensive test drives of a number of cars led me to the SAAB 9-5, which should arrive in a couple of weeks.

Net result
  • Options
    birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 158
    I have an 06 now for five months. I am very pleased with it thus far.I had an 02 for 4 1/2 years and thankfully I did not follow the owners manual and changed oils faithfully at 3,000 thus having avoided any sludge issues due to wrong oil and undersized filter. I have strong reservations about going 5k in between , eventhough most of it is highway driving.The service department assures me that this engine, filter etc is different and it is ok. What are your thoughts? Also ,I know that that the fuel type i always pops up on this board. for what its worth, I have been running my 2.0 on 89 octane and find it to run extremely smoothly, with almost no detectable lag, lots of power, and best of all I am getting 32mpg at 70 mph. Said to say when I received the car the dealer could not confirm which octane of fuel they filled it with. Based on my experience I would say they filled it with 87. Anyhow, thanks.
  • Options
    Dare I respond?

If and I do mean IF your car is fed with the proper oil, then your engine should be totally happy with a 10,000 mile OCI. Just make sure that you check to make sure that any oil used in your car meets the minimum VW 502.00 oil spec, or more preferably make sure it meets the VW 503.01 oil spec. Oil changes with lesser oil at lesser miles MAY be okay but I wouldn't bet on it.

As for fuel, your experience not withstanding, the issue isn't smoothness or turbo lag, it is about power and economy. The fact is that you are running an engine with a high mechanical compression ratio and then a blower on top of it. If you use fuels that are less than Premium (i.e. 91, 92, 93, 94 octane), you are most likely robbing yourself of both peak power and peak economy.

Said another way, the engine electronics of your engine can dial back the ignition timing and the pounds of boost to provide a smooth running engine, so just because your's is running smoothly and has good economy and power, that doesn't mean that it is performing optimally.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    The VW Passat specs say "Premium fuel recommeded for max performance." It would be interesting to see if you ran premium if you could see any difference in MPG or performance. Very small I bet.
  • Options
    I'm curious to know how/why you separate Power and Mileage.

The simple truth is that the farther your engine can advance the ignition time without inducing detonation (the benefit of higher octane fuels), the greater amount of power said engine and extract from any given amount of air and fuel. Said another way, in an engine like the 2.0T, which combines high mechanical compression and forced induction, you will most likely find the "sweet spot" for both power and economy happens when your engine is fed 92 octane or better.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    Using 89 octane is an exercise in "false economy." Over time, the loss of power and the reduction of MPG's makes the use of this lower grade cost more.

Without meaning to start a "did too, did not" kind of disagreement, I wonder why pay more for less (less power and economy) :confuse: -- but it is YOUR money. Have at it.
  • Options
    canouracanoura Member Posts: 9
    I agree, you should not put that much money down, it makes no sense with a lease. I just signed a lease for the VW passat wagon in Illinois. Here are the details
    Money factor:0.00146(VW bank).
    Tax:6.5%
    Residual:54%
    Down payment:$140(licensing fees)
    Final Purchase Price:$37,000.00
    36 months, 15K miles
    Monthly payment after 4 days of hagling: $589.00

Options: Navigation, 4motion, 3.6L V6, luxury package 2.
  • Options
    Well it was simple.

I was stating that it would be interesting to see if he tried premium if he could notice a differnece in MPG and performance over mid-grade. My guess is maybe on MPG, maybe not on performance without a stop watch.
  • Options
    thanks for your input shipo and markcinci. I am going to refill next week with premium and post the results about the potential increase in milage and power.
  • Options
    krzysskrzyss Member Posts: 849
    to allow car to advance timing. I believe it is very aggresive to retreat (?) timing and very conservative to advance it.
    Maybe it is clever enough to detect when it is fuelled and try to advance after fill up.

Krzys
  • Options
    fish8fish8 Member Posts: 2,282
    Is it really worth the $1.50 (at most) savings per fill up to use 89 octane? I don't understand that logic at all.
  • Options
    i have another dilemma here. My DVD navigation system was telling me "Wrong DVD" the first week of my car purchase (week of February 13); it happened about 3 to 5 times that week. So we replaced the Disc, that same week, and ever since then it never happened until recently. Last week (week of February 27) , i got the same "Wrong DVD" sign just once. And this week (week of Febraury 6th) it happened again, but once as of this date. both times, i just removed the disc and put it back in. I don't know what is going on.

is that normal in all navigation systems that operate off of a disc or is it just mine?? I hope it the first case.

Anyways, i am going to talk to the guy who knows about these systems at the dealer on monday and see what he says. i hope i don't need to replace the whole Navigation system.

Anyone, please let me know if this is NORMAL.

thanks.
  • Options
    I bought a new VW Passat 2006 - 3.6, on February 13, 2006. Since then, whnever i drive the car in reverse motion or forward motion for a couple of feet, i hear this light "drumming" noise in the rear. I asked the service guy about this the same week i picked up the car, and he said it may be a gas pump thing, and park brakes and blah blah blah. The only thing i can think of is gas pump. The noise goes away after the car is driven and never comes back again. It only happens when the car is driven after being stationary for a while. Yes i do warm up the engine before driving it. I am taking my car in tomorrow to let them lift it up and check it. Anyone else is experiencing this??

When I took it to service, they did not know what it was, but it might seem normal because of the following:
    1 - They did all engine test, computer tests, rear wheel check-ups and did not find anything.

2 - I test drove with them, and had the guy listen to the noise, and he felt it was something normal. But just to be sure, he got me the keys to another Passat V6 on the lot and I drove that car too. The same, "knocking" or "drumming" noise was in that car also. So we concluded it was normal. But he will get in touch Passat Quality department to describe the noise and understand what it exactly is.

It looks like all the Passat V6s have it. i don't know about the 4-Cylinder engines.
  • Options
    VW engines have three stages they go through:

Stage one to 5,000 miles, initial break in

Stage two from 5,000 miles to 10,000 miles, second break in

Stage three beyond 10,000 miles -- probably to 100,000 miles (normal engine power, etc.)

==

As stage one ends, the engines I have had (some 28 Audi engines, essentially VW engines) "limber up" get stronger, more powerful and less thirsty.

As stage two ends, ditto, but somewhat more subtle.

==

Please, if you are planning to "test" power and economy differences with different fuel grades, you will most certainly need to run many tankfuls of "similar" fuel through the car. Don't put 90% gas 10% alcohol in for a week or two, then go to a Top-tier gas for a few tanks, then to a mystery gasoline provider for a tank or two and hope to come up with much meaningful information.

==

In terms of what YOU, the driver may do, you may find that you will change your habits as you learn your car's feel. If the car will accelerate to your needs at throttle position "X" and you begin using low grade gas, you may note that you press the throttle to "X+1" to achieve the same "urge." You may say to yourself, "seems the same to me," because you have compensated by using more gas since essentially the gas you are using has lower energy.

And, so on and on.

If your car has 2,000 miles on it and you switch back and forth and back and forth and then you notice a more urgent feel as you hit 5,350 miles you may not connect the dots between the end of the first long break in period and whatever gas you are using as of the last tankful or two.

You may find, for example, that if the third tank of the low grade stuff is in the thing when it reaches the 4,700 - 5,300 mile range that you might think the car actually "got peppier" on the low grade gas.

This, while a true seat of your pants feeling would be even more powerful had the last 3 or 4 tankfuls been a Top Tier super premium gas.

This will be difficult to empirically prove since this will hardly be a controlled test. To a certain extent you need to "gather information" from several sources. This information, I am confident, will suggest that using regular gas in a car designed for premium is, indeed a false economy. Yet, if you are so inclined to "feel better" when you buy the less expensive gas, you may "talk yourself into" believing you are saving money.

And, you know what? If that's what makes you happy, you should buy the lower grade gas even though it is costing more in the long run -- because we are talking about a price difference of between $1.00 and $4.00 per tankful depending on the number of gallons your tank holds and if you are comparing low grade to premium or mid grade to premium.

You don't need to do what I say, of course. If Shipo can't convince you, no one can, kind of thing.

The gist here is to suggest you will need several tankfuls to make a meaningful and even remotely valid experiment.

If it galls to you pay $2.00 more for premium over mid grade -- even with information that suggests you can save money in the long haul, well -- don't pay the $2.00.

As far as I am concerned it is illogical, but that is how I feel, it may not have the same impact upon you.

The test is probably too boring for Myth Busters, but it is one that I surely would like to see revealed and posted on a web site, just for the sheer entertainment value it would have for folks like me.

As it currently stands, all the "data" seems to conclude: if the car is designed to run optimally on Premium, it should be run on Premium.

Yet: There is no value in using Premium in a car that cannot take advantage of it, conversely there is a disadvantage to running a lower grade fuel in a car designed for Premium.

Do whatever you want -- within limits, the engine will prevent itself from self-destruction by using a lower grade fuel.

Me, I light candles with dollar bills cause the bills "burn funny" and it is worth it to see the sparks fly! :surprise:
  • Options
    thanks agian mark..I think I get it..I will post my findings in a few weeks and will folow your knowledgeble advice . My car has 3450 happy miles thus far so i am still in stage one. I am also the guy that posted the discomfort with the seats. I am relieved to say that the seats have either molded and feel more comfortable or my body has adjusted to the seat, however they are not as comfy or supportive as the 02 seats.
  • Options
    americanyonamericanyon Member Posts: 10
    I have a very simple question here. Which grade of gasoline has more energy per gallon. Premium or Regular grade.
  • Options
    I have a very simple answer. Neither.

For all intents and purposes, both grades of fuel have the same calorie count per gallon. That having been said, engines designed for Regular gasoline (as a rule) are able to extract more power per gallon of Regular than an engine designed to run on Premium (and running Regular). The reverse is also true, an engine designed to run on Premium is able to extract more power out of a gallon of Premium gasoline than if that same engine was run on Regular.

The real differentiating factor here is that if you take two otherwise identical engines, one designed for Premium and the second designed for Regular, and then feed them each a gallon of their preferred fuel (Premium or Regular), the engine burning the Premium will generate more power.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    But can you prove it will get less MPG if the "premium" engine was run on regular?
  • Options
    "But can you prove it will get less MPG if the "premium" engine was run on regular?"

Certainly, that's easy. Give me enough money to buy six 2.0T Passats and I'll establish a completely scientific test that will prove that point beyond a shadow of a doubt to anybody who isn't "Religiously" convinced that it doesn't matter what grade of fuel is used.

So, when should I expect the money?

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    tomekktomekk Member Posts: 310
    "retard" I think is the word, panie Krzysiu...
    Tomek
  • Options
    Well six cars introduce an awefull large amount of variables.
  • Options
    Gotta be able to do a double blind test and allow for manufacturing anomalies from one car to the next. I'm thinking that six cars would be the minimum for a scientifically valid test.

Of course, short of doing all of that testing, you could simply study the huge body of scientific evidence going all of the way back to the 1920s, which was when TEL was discovered to be a great octane booster/knock inhibitor. Either way, every test I've ever read, regardless of whether we are talking about piston airplane engines or piston automobile engines, like for like, the higher compression engine run on high octane fuel yields both better power AND better economy.

Said another way, high compression plus high octane yields the best Brake Specific Fuel Consumption (BSFC), which is a measure of how many pounds of fuel is required to produce exactly one horsepower of work for exactly one hour. The lower the number, the greater the amount of power extracted from every drop of fuel.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    Between Dogpile and Google, the public library and of course the virtual library, the sheer weight of what has been written saying what you are saying Shipo makes me wonder why this issue seems to come alive practically every other day.

That is more of a semi-rhetorical statement/question demonstrating one of my character flaws (impatience.)

But since the topic continues to be refreshed, I do have a question: since it seems to really bother people to buy a car that is stated to require premium and then actually have to put premium in it (and assuming the car manufacturers KNOW that it irks people to buy cars that require premium) why do the manufacturers keep making cars that require premium?

My belief is that this is a perception issue. People would rather pay more for over the lifetime of their cars than pay a few bucks more per tankful each and every time for a more powerful and fuel frugal car that requires premium. It "feels" less expensive to use regular even if there is plenty of information freely available that would seem to argue FOR building car engines that EXCLUSIVELY require Premium.

In other words, why not just build engines that require regular gas so these debates don't have to reload over and over? Or why not just build high compression engines, employing Fuel Stratified Injection (which should allow ever higher compression levels) that will deliver both better power and economy but ONLY with Premium?

The information supports Shipo's comments and in sometimes great technical detail tells why.

Buying a Premium only car and running it with lower octane fuel costs more. If it seems like an act of faith to accept this, run it on regular (just make sure the warranty will not be voided if you do so for a prolonged period of time.)

False economy is what my service guys at the Audi store call such behavior. When I looked it up, it basically says it is more expensive to use cheaper gas when the engine is engineered for Premium.

Wish I had enough time to write a short post, but as Mark Twain said, "I didn't have time, so I wrote a long one, instead."

:shades:
  • Options
    rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    I think that the reason this comes up is the frequency with which we typically need to re-fill the tanks in our cars. As opposed to, for instance, the frequency with which most of us negotiate purchase of a new car.

The person who will take the time to scan through & clip the $.50 coupons in the Sunday paper for items they intend to buy (to reduce a $40 or a $200 grocery bill - by a rather small percentage) may also be a person looking for a way reduce other expenditures.

And they want a ‘nice car’ – just do not want to ‘overpay’ regularly (hah) at the gas pump every week. Or every 3 or 4 days, for some. A 15 gallon fill at $.20 premium for premium (according to the department of redundancy department) means a saving of $3.00 each fill. About $13 or $14 per month premium, for me, in my typical driving. A typical fill here in North Georgia now costs me close to $40. Where it was closer to $30 not so very long ago . . . Around $40 more per month, for me, than I was paying. Or: Close to $500 more, on an annual basis.

And I think some people believe (for whatever reasons) that there is some sort of collusion or conspiracy between auto makers and Oil Companies resulting in claims that a car ‘requires’ something when it does not.

Fortunately, for me, the [ rather significant ] increase in gas prices (fuel for my car and fuel to heat my house this winter) does not require undue hardship.

But I can certainly see where it would annoy some. It does annoy me.
    ( sigh )

But I do use premium. I bought a car with a ‘premium’ motor, and I want all the HP and all the TQ and all the ‘efficiency’ to be available, whenever I want to use it.

But that’s just me . .

- Ray
    Admitted TQ & HP & efficiency junkie . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    krzysskrzyss Member Posts: 849
    Dzieki! Thanks!

Krzys
  • Options
    Short posts are good!
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Member Posts: 203
    I have a TDI. Could I save some cash by running on regular gasoline? It doesn't require premium, so there shouldn't be any engine damage, decrease in performance, or decrease in fuel mileage. Right? ;)
  • Options
    The New York Times website just posted a review of the new Passat that will run in Sunday's paper. It pretty much mirrors my own opinion after several lengthy test drives.

My SAAB 9-5 is in the port and I should have it in about a week. I really will miss my 2000 GLS wagon, and regret that VW blew its chance to sell me another VW (my first VW was a 412 Variant that I bought in Stockholm in 1973).
  • Options
    canouracanoura Member Posts: 9
    there must be a GM forum some where, there you can post this before they go out of bussiness.
  • Options
    Wow, your ego bruises easily.
  • Options
    Well now that they are going to buy off up to 100,000 union guys they may survive. Now if they could just let someone else design the low and mid price cars.!
  • Options
    moemoemoemoe Member Posts: 11
    To respond to what grade gas the dealership put in the car when I bought my car, My salesman told me that he was going to put reguar gas (they have there own private pump behind the delearship) and advised me to continue to use regular gas. He said that the people in Germany who drive very fast and need high performance but Premium gas. We in the US don't need to use premium. I have been using mid grade and had no problems with it