Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan 300ZX

14567810»

Comments

• mmarkermmarker Posts: 1
    I have a 1988 300ZX SS (Shiro Model). I am trying to have the Recaro seats either redone or replaced. Anyone have information on a source on the material or is anyone parting out a SS model with the Recaro Seats? Have attempted to reach Recaro but they do not respond.
    Thanks
  • aimsteraimster Posts: 1
    I also have a Shiro that we purchased last October. The driver's side seat needs work on the foam and fabric. I emailed Recaro about fabric and they checked with Japan and said that it was no longer available. I haven't been able to come up with a replacement seat either. The best solution I've found so far, is to reupholster both seats in fabrics that are very close to the original. If we do this, we'll have the Recaro embroidery cut out of the back of the seat and sewn into the new fabric. Total cost estimate is around $600.
  • I am looking at a 1996 300ZX TT. The only concern is the seats, which seem to be tilted inboard. The seller tells me this is the way the car was designed. That seems strange but I have been unable to find anything that confirms or denies this.
  • I have a 1987 300zx > I bought it brand new but with a family and it being 2 seats I never drive it. It has 42,000 miles and even though I live in PA it has never seen snow. Anyone have an idea what it is worth or where to go to get a price? All original and no body work.
  • check out this site. no need to pay for anything either. that's recall stuff.

www.xenonz31.com/files/fuel.injector.service.campaign.pdf
  • chrsmllrchrsmllr Posts: 1
    when i turn my car off a secondary fan of some sort goes on, is this normal? and it runs for quite some time too, about 20 minutes. :confuse:
  • i have a 1985 nissan 300zx non turbo with 111.xxx miles not to bad for an 85 but my question is what can i do to enhance performance and where can i find the parts to do it this car is almost mint condition inside and out i have been trying to sell it all i want is 2500.00 but no takers why. this is a collector item now its in hickory nc craigslist.
    what do i need to do to give it more pep and how much would it cost
    Thanks - Cody
    ">
  • its me again but i forgot something i have a problem with not starting after i drive the car for a while (30mi) or so its like it gets hot and will not crank i have new plugs,distributor cap rotor button IAC is clean and So is the air injection and fuel injection i also put a new fuel filer on it.
    what else can i do to prevent this problem.
    please help
    and how hard is it to change the lifters in this car 1985 3.0l non turbo 300zx there are 12 lifters i know a little about cars but maybe not enough once again
    PLEASE HELP
  • 5539655396 Posts: 529
    I found a 1990 300zx with manual trans and 59k. Interior is good, but body has dings and bottom of front bumper is broken off but there. It looks like it may have been damaged and repaired right front as front hood gap narrows and paint has a different texture. Bumper is yellow plastic. is that original material/color? Plastic looks aged like it was outside. Supposedly came from Texas. Would need some body work and a repaint to make right. BUT:

The real problem is that upon starting it, it sounds like one or 2 cylinders are not firing at all. The owner jockeys cars, and I think he is trying to dump this one. He bought it this way. I suspect he knows it's not a simple problem as he has been through an auto tech course. Claims he put Seafoam through it and it helped. Also says it smoothes out when you drive it. I didn't drive it as I didn't believe him. There are no unusual noises. Could it just be injectors or electronics? Exhausts are both burning black. Clutch is solid.

Is this a common problem? Anyone have any ideas what the problem is? He just put $600 worth of new BFG tires on it. Any idea what this car would be worth considering it's problems? Could be a money pit.
  • I have a 1992 300ZX, the tail lights stay on all the time even when the car is off. I have checked all the fuses and changed all the bulbs. Does anybody know the solution to this?

Thank you,
  • 5539655396 Posts: 529
    Sounds like magic. Mabe it's haunted. See a priest and have it exorcised. ;-)

Is it tail lights or brake lights? Are the front parking lights on? Do the tail lights get brighter when you apply the brake? If no, maybe it is the brake light switch.
  • Its just the tail lights. The brake lights dont come on when you press the brake pedal and the the front parking lights arent on.
  • brihibrihi Posts: 1
    I have the same problem, just started 40k 1990zx. Cylinder 3 and 4 not firing, coils good. Any help
  • mass air flow censor if you havent checked it then DO IT =)
  • xro5xro5 Posts: 1
    Hey all! I just purchased a used 1986 300zx turbo 5spd. It runs great but always on the second startup. The first time I start it, especially in the mornings, it idles rough and stalls. Runs fine on second start after giving it a lil gas. It even does it when the engine is warm and has been running at running temp. Say I go to the store. In there for 5-10 min. I come out and start the car, it sputters and dies. I start it up again and give a little gas and presto! I'm just trying to figure out what could cause this. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance! -Matt
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Posts: 4,205
    edited December 2012
    My '88 Z31 2+2 finally died at 198,640 miles. The manual transmission gave out, of all things, but it has other needs as well. Bottom line is that, although the engine, body and interior are in good shape considering mileage and age, the cost of making the other repairs required to put it in usable shape exceed the value of the car by a significant amount.

Although this car has always been very well maintained and never abused, age and mileage have conspired to end its useful life. If I can't sell it as a project or parts car, I'll donate or scrap it.
    FYI, I sold my '88 300ZX 2+2 for $495 from Craigslist. Someone who has a '87 2+2 will use the parts from that car to replace the parts on my '88 that wouldn't pass inspection. The good things on my car were the engine, straight body without rust, clean and well kept leather interior, four new tires (two had not yet been mounted), cold A/C and T-top that doesn't leak.

I was glad to sell it to someone who will drive it.
  • kimwing1kimwing1 Posts: 1
    I just purchased this car about a hour ago. Drove it home about a hour ride ,but the car seems to be running hot . Were the cool and hot are normally it should be in the middle and this is very close to the hot . Anyone know what this could be? :confuse:
    edited April 2013
    Radiator would be a prime suspect. My 1988 300ZX (naturally aspirated) went through three of them, including the original. It was a low maintenance car overall, though.

Please let us know what you find.
14567810»