Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Accord Real World MPG

Comments

• Options
    drive_forddrive_ford Member Posts: 9
    Ok, then why would the government rate the car as 31mpg highway(epa), on fuel.gov. Your practically driving a hybrid with that kind of mpg. If my lifetime mpg was 34.8, I know I would be the happiest person in the world. Is their any mods on your car and what spark plugs do you use? I need to get my hands on something to boost my mpg.
  • Options
    dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    edited January 2012
    Go back and read previous posts - lots of info on getting better mpg. Hardly a hybrid - a Prius can average mid 50's pretty easily.

In a nutshell - plenty of air in tires, 0w-20 synthetic oil, slow down, drive smoothly, drive a stickshift, combine trips so you are warming up your engine less, don't accelerate too fast, go fast around corners so you don't have to accelerate back up to speed etc. etc.,

The government rates the car at 31 but on the old test it was rated at 34 and that was after a 22% reduction of measured mileage to make the numbers easier to match. The actual highway test number is 43.5 mpg for the Accord - this is on the course with a warm engine and an average test speed of 48 mpg - can't remember max speed off the top of my head but it is around 60 or 65.

You are due for plugs, but putting new ones in won't change your mpg appreciably.
  • Options
    frisbearfrisbear Member Posts: 2
    This is my 10th Honda and I am really disappointed. Had a 2007 Pilot, got about 17mpg. Last year, bought a 2011 Odyssey and an 2011 Accord EX 4 Cylinder. My Odyssey gets better mileage on trips, 27 to 25. For running around town, etc, the Odyssey gets about 21 while the Accord only gets 19-20 mpg. I should get more than 300 miles per tank. My 1996 Accord (stick) got 36 mpg on its last trip at 160,000 miles. I have taken it back to the dealer who has said that there is nothing they can do because the check engine lights are not coming on.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    The real fuel ratings for the accord were 34 MPG highway and that's being really conservative. Those were done with max speeds around 65mph. With an average speed of 60mph. With the new fuel economy testing accounting for different weather conditions, use of AC and other factors, the number for the accord is NOW 31MPG. Yes, I do believe its possible to achieve up to 35mpg highway at 60-65mph, but I just find it astonishing when people state that they get 27-28 mpg city when the car is rated at 21mpg. Also, then their are people claiming to get up to 40mpg highway with a full trunk, full loaded car with 5 passengers and speeds up to 70mpg. Realistically, for a 2005 Honda Accord 4 cylinder, driving on the freeway you can get 30-33mpg. :)
  • Options
    I get 40 mpg all the time, but not too often when driving 70 (only with a tailwind or ideal conditions then). I very rarely have a tank under 30 mpg in the summer. When it is below zero out and I drive a whole tank in town I can get as low as 20mpg. MPG did go up a trifle for the 2006 model year. also a stick shift helps a ton for getting better mileage.

Also the old number of 34 mpg was already dumbed down by 22% from the actual tested number (per EPA testing procedures). Now that it has been dumbed down to 31 mpg it is pretty darn easy to beat.

Just Today I got 37 mpg going 65 mph into a 15-20 mpg headwind with temps ranging from low 20's to upper 30's (better mpg at higher temps)
  • Options
    rustumrustum Member Posts: 100
    Is it possible to get similar MPG from 2010 I4 model compared with 2011 model. I am getting 21-22 mpg in all city driving. I am trying my best to get close to 25mpg but no luck so far. I am kinda disappointed not to get 2011 model or optima.
  • Options
    With ideal conditions, probably in the summer, you can get sometimes 25 mpg city, but its going to probably be 23mpg most of the time. In the Summer, I get 23-25mpg in city driving and 19-21mpg in the winter months. This is 2005 I4 EXL.
  • Options
    The 2011 had some improvements to save gas, so the 2010 probably won't ever be quite as good.

0w-20 synthetic oil will help as will higher tire pressure and driving gently.
  • Options
    ericv3ericv3 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 lx cpe with 2.4 manual with 116,000 miles with ALL original equipment but oil changes. In Denver I get 36-41, avg about 38/39 no matter what the speed, even 80 on I 25. Lived in Seattle area for 3 years, never got out of the 30-33mpg range. My best guess is air density/water vapor is THE answer. Oh, I don't have one of those silly mpg computers if you're wondering.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    With cheap wheel balancing in Sams, inflating tires to 36, 0w-20 oil and driving slow, I started seeing 23-24mpg in all city driving. It is improved from 21mpg I used to get. Hopefully, I can achieve 25mpg during summer. Probably I can inflate my tires to 38 to 40.

I did a 600mil round freeway trip. I achieved exactly 31mpg as specified by Honda. But I was doing 80 - 85mph for some part of the drive and some traffic issues inside Houston. It can definitely do lot better than that on freeway.
  • Options
    ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858
    ........not really sure when the shift from winter to summer blend will occur in northern California.

.........hopefully my J30a4/6M fuel numbers will begin to ascend from the current 27-28 in 65% freeway(65-70 mph) use. .....

Can't quite match your 4-cyl numbers, but then that's well-known ................

ez
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    How much mpg I will gain by increasing air to 40pst from 36. Does it effect stability of car in city driving. Mine came with 16" wheels. I am assuming that, inflating to 40 will make sidewalls stiffer and improves cornering like EX model. Let me know if i am thinking wrong.
  • Options
    36 to 40 probably won't make a huge difference in economy. Maybe .5 mpg if that. You might gain a full mpg going from 32 to 40 and maybe 2 mpg if the tires were underinflated to begin with.

Yes the car will be a little crisper with less roll in the sidewall, but 4 psi is not a huge change. The car will be plenty stable.
  • Options
    I have a question. Like others have stated on this forum, when driving literally 95-100% city driving. That is stop and go, short trips, and winter gas blend, its not astonishing if you get less than 20mpg in a 2005 honda accord exl 4cyclinder? Can someone who lives in a large metro area such as Toronto like myself post what they get in 100% city and if less than 20mpg is surprising?
  • Options
    That is on target for 100% city. I live in a small city and in the winter (no winter blend here) my all city tanks can drop below 20 mpg. In the summer I can usually keep the all city tanks to about 30 mpg.

My "city" driving is almost all below 35 mph (only exception is one road with 45 mph) so there is no highway.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I have similar driving conditions (stop and go, short trips within 5-6 mile radius, dropping/picking kid from school drive through) and living in DFW metro. I was getting 21mpg during winter with 2010 LXP. Our mpg is as expected.

I am able to improve it to 23mpg by following recommendations from dudleyr and other members. I inflated tires to 40psi, switched to 0w-20 and driving slow such that AT can upshift around 2000rpm / hold higher gears longer. You can drive around 40mph with ~1500rpm if you let AT slip into 5th gear.

I have 300 miles now and my needle is still above 1/4th mark. I am trying to get 25mpg as winter is over. This time I filled my tank in Chevron instead Sams. Not sure, if gas station matters for mpg.
  • Options
    ......have calculated out to an average of just over 29 MPG in 60% Highway driving. This is a 2005 6M J30a4 with the original Iridium spark plugs still in place. Idle good, starts easily, no codes thrown, acceleration remains as before..................

No complaints from this sailor.
  • Options
    stock929stock929 Member Posts: 1
    got 38 mpg all highway driving . fill it to the neck .....got back on the highway fill it back to the neck took the total mile traveled on my reset divived by the gallons i put....and i got a round number to 38......not bad for a v6......this was a trip from chicago to washington d.c.
    .......also tested on a honda civic 2009 lx ...i got 37 mpg....but the car had less than 500 miles on it. Accord had 60000 some.
  • Options
    obijunobijun Member Posts: 1
    On a 2008 v6 accord with 70k on it (around 40 something thousand miles), with the air running and the outside temp in the 90's on two back to back highway 500 km trips I averaged 8.2L /100k at 120 to 130 km/h. In normal speak that would be around 34 mpg imp or 26 or so US at 75 to 80 miles and hour. I was actually surprised that it did that well.....considering that in combined city/hwy it's been around 12 to 13 L/100k -somewhere in the 18 to 19mpg range - which I would think would be ok for a truck.....
    I did one tank full a couple of weeks ago (city/hwy) and drove as slowly and carefully as possible. Added just about exactly one more mpg to the equation.....hmmmm.

Looking at some previous threads - particulary one where the respondent commutes from Sroudsburg PA to NYC, which has got to be a couple of hours long - and I was complaining about a 12 minute comute in Waterloo being 30 minutes when traffic is crawling .....
  • Options
    Please stop lying. Their is no way a V6 accord can get 38MPG. The car is rated at 26 highway and your saying you got 12mpg. Baloney.
  • Options
    voicemailkingvoicemailking Member Posts: 83
    Have 2005 Accord EXL 6 Cylinder. Have had it since day 1 with zero miles. The best Highway ever got on it was 28. Now with 132,000 miles get about 21 around town and about 25.3 on long Highway trips.
  • Options
    ...same car. Only this sailor averages 28-29 in 65HWY use. Pure Interstate produces numbers you would not believe. Time after time since summer of '05.

Fuel numbers are great; the clutch take-up is really vague as hell.

ez
  • Options
    12 mpg over EPA is certainly doable. Keep in mind that the EPA highway numbers are severely dumbed down from the measured numbers. My I4 MT Accord for instance is EPA 31 highway, yet the actual measured number by the EPA was 43 mpg (data available as fueleconomy.gov).

I have dozens of tanks in the low 40's and a few around 45. Currently with 149,000 miles on the car my lifetime average is 35.07 mpg. My 10 tank rolling average is 37.7 mpg, 20 tank is 37.0 mpg and 50 tank is 36.8 mpg. I have only had one tank below 30 mpg this year.

It is all charted in xcel and mpg has been rising very gradually since the car was new. My driving is mostly highway in terms of miles driven, but about 50/50 in terms of hours behind the wheel - scanguage calculates that.

I run 40 psi in tires (michelin primacy mxv4) and use 0w-20 synthetic oil. On the highway I drive at or (usually) below the speed limit (which is 75 in South Dakota).

Believe that the V-6 can get 38 mpg. ez has been doing it for years.
  • Options
    Same situation here, best i got on a 2005 i4 exl auto was 32 mpg which is on target with epa numbers. The accords 43mpg highway was in ideal conditions with a average speed of 48mph. People just don't know how to calculate mpg or are in la la land.
  • Options
    I am not going to say your are lying, but feel free to believe what you want to believe. Over 40 mpg is a miracle and saying your lifetime mpg is 35.07, well good for you. If i had 35mpg on the highway i would be jumping for joy touching the sky right now. And the funny thing is your getting these numbers at 70mph which is unbelievable. Your probably have a one in a kind accord that can do this.
  • Options
    dpmeersmandpmeersman Member Posts: 275
    While not coming close to the mileage that some have achieved with their Gen7 V6 Accords, I have on 4 separate occasions recorded 33 MPG's with my Gen8 V6. I believe this could be done more often, but very rarely am I traveling strictly Interstates. I don’t recall the drag coefficient differences between the two generations, but even if they are on par, the Gen8 is at least a couple hundred pounds heavier. 65-70 MPH and pure hwy and I’m sure I can consistently better the 29MPG’s that my vehicle is rated for. With nearly 27,000 miles on my 2010 the lifetime average is 23MPG’s. I would venture a guess that at least 18,000 miles are city to rural with frequent stops for lights, errands etc. Like most I’m curious to see what Honda will debut in the upcoming weeks for the Gen9. The competition is pretty stiff out there and many have reacted to stiffer government fuel economy regulations with their latest releases.
  • Options
    Over 40 MPG ain't no miracle. Senor Dudley just knows how to drive efficiently (for sure he ain't lyin............)

I don't often get 40 MPG (just three times in over 100,000 miles) AND:

We don't have 1 of a kind Accords (parenthetically: we just know how to drive - - rocket science it ain't).

FWIW: 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Sunliner 312 4bbl V-8 Fordomatic I had in college would pass everything but a gas station.......and that was the last automatic for me.............best, ez
  • Options
    alldaycruiseralldaycruiser Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    Inflation of the tires seems to have a very measurable effect on highway mileage. I drive an 08 (gen 8) EX I4 AT coupe and have done entire tanks nearly unladen (just myself and a backpack). On three such tanks I managed 36.13, 36.35 and 34.61 mpg. That last one is because I had to more frequently use the a/c once in Texas. The tires were at 35psi. I believe inflating them more may elevate those numbers by 1-2 mpg.

This is obviously contrary to what fellow I4 drivers are saying about their experience. I try to accelerate with shifts at about 2200 rpm and cruise (even on 75mph roads) at about 65-68mph. I should note the car has ~75000 miles on it as well. It is always extremely comfortable. I did a tank at about 75mph, I should note, and managed about 32mpg.

This is all an indication that maintenance is important and if you think your driving habits are economical and you only manage in the high 20's, then you probably need more context. That said, I have done 100% city driving on a tank (Dallas, with the a/c on and shifting at about 2500) and managed an absolutely and astonishingly terrible 18mpg, better than I do in my suv.

I plan on driving the accord to Alaska at some point in the coming years, doing 55 all the way there and hopefully managing somewhere near 40mpg.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Haven't stopped by here in a while. Guess some think my numbers are fake. Hard to prove over the internet I suppose, but I am not alone in getting good mpg. Also I don't usually drive 70 as I don't always take the interstate. The speed limit on secondary roads is 65 mph (60 in NE where I also travel).

Anyway - wanted to point out that the new Accord is now out and it looks like it will surpass the 7th gen for mpg. With 27/36 EPA 30 combined for the CVT. They geared to 6MT aggressively so it only gets 24/34 mpg, but will probably match the CVT in real world conditions. It seems crazy to me that with so many improvements the mpg on the MT stays the same as the previous generation.

Honda claims all these improvements
    Less engine friction
    Direct injection
    Lighter weight for the car.
    Better transmission - more gears and less internal friction
    Better aerodynamics

Anyway - I am tempted. The car seems nice and the 6MT is getting nearly as fast as the previous generation automatic V-6 sedan (not too close to the stick though). 0-60 in 6.8 seconds (7.6 seconds for the CVT) according to Car and Driver.

Latest mpg for me. 2007 I4 MT

10 tank average 37.3 mpg
    20 tank average 37.5 mpg
    50 tank average 36.9 mpg
    Lifetime average 35.12 mpg over 153,000 miles.

Lots of highway miles, but I also do a lot of in town driving. Typical day is 3 or 4 trips of 1 to 3 miles each. Then every couple of weeks I take a long highway trip. My average mph is 41.5 over the lifetime of the car.

Starting to get to ideal weather now where I don't need a/c yet it is not cold, so I might get my 10 tank up a little more. Then it will get down to low 30's in the winter.
  • Options
    okaniokani Member Posts: 20
    Live in Brooklyn, NY - the most I was able to get when were in New Jersey is 24.02mpg, 6 cyl accords are the worst, even though sticker was promising 29mpg, read tons of other reviewers and professional drivers/mechanics - that's the best you can do on that car. I know how to drive smoothly, steady speeds, etc. My next vehicle will be 4 cyl.
  • Options
    dpmeersmandpmeersman Member Posts: 275
    My 2010 EX-L V6 will consistently return the stated 29MPG's and has on several occasions reached 33MPG's. Pure hwy miles are required. A tank with 300 hwy miles and 100 city miles will easily bring that number down to around 25 mpg's. Heavy car being brought up to speed from a dead stop will always have a negative effect on fuel economy. Steady state driving at around 65 mph for a full tank and you should see at least the rated 29 mpg's.
  • Options
    personatechpersonatech Member Posts: 105
    That same sticker "promises" something like 19MPG in the city - I'd say living in Brooklyn and getting 24MPG is doing pretty well. That being said, the new I4 is getting some rave reviews - you'd no doubt do well with the four.
  • Options
    if you read carefully, I just mentioned that I live in Brooklyn, and my best MPG was achieved in New Jersey - I know that NYC is not real city where government assess their mpg, city mpg is suburb towns, I read it on fueleconomy dot gov, that's why I haven't even mentioned what I'm getting in Brooklyn itself, not only me but even my mechanic who drives BMX 740 gets 8mpg if drive only in Brooklyn itself, I'm talking about highway only mpg, and it is not only me, I have read it on different reviews done by professionals - the best they could get was around 24mpg.
  • Options
    that means 2010 model is better than 2009, I know how to drive to get those mpg, read gzillion of forums, know how government estimates their city and highway - read it on fueleconomy dot gov, tried steady driving at different speeds - within speed limits and at 75mph(some advices were that car delivers their best mpg at 75mph-I know that faster you drive - the worse mpg you get, but listen - I tried that as well) it just 09 can't deliver better than 24mpg, that's all I'm saying and if newer models do that - then it is really a good news for me, I can trade in my car for a newer one, but anyways - it won't be V6 :( I4 will get me where I need, what about brake issues? I still see new cars suffer with that problem, having to replace warped rotors before every 15K miles, mechanics say - this is a design issue. My aftermarket rotors and brakes are still in good condition after 12K miles, no one yet mentioned how car holds the road with narrower tires?
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Take it from someone who isn't a Honda loyalist (I've had two Accords and now have two Hyundais in the driveway), but I average 32mpg strictly highway on my 29mpg rated V6 Sonata (2009), but my 2006 Accord EX 2.4L achieved 40-41mpg a handful of times at 70-75mph. With the cruise set between 75 and 80 on road trips average was 38mpg or so.

These guys are telling the truth; keep your foot out of it and these cars are real misers on the highway, but love to rev if you feel so inclined.

My overall average was around 30mpg (mixed driving).
  • Options
    ..............this sailor can sure echo the Grad's tone on fuel numbers.

After over 120,000 miles on my 6M, the calculated MPG in mixed 65% highway is greater than when the car was much younger. With the original Iridiums yet.

Again, using Grad's approach on RPM: shifting at 2500 vice 3500 results in 28-29.

And - on I-5 and I-10 (not too often now), the 40 MPG barrier has been broken. 2200 RPM, 87, cruise - perhaps a tailwind - but the J30 can get unreal numbers if treated right.

all the best, ez
  • Options
    160k on my '07 so it now has a new friend - '13 EX with the 6 speed stick (finally). 6th is not quite as relaxed as I would prefer, but it drops 60 mph rpm from 2380 down to 2250. A small improvement.

Compared the two on an 18 mile loop around the dam. Mostly 55 mph about 3 miles of city 2 stop lights and 6 stop signs. Start at 1,700 ft elevation up to 2,200 then down to 1,500 and back up to 1,700. Temps of 30 degrees and no wind. Both cars started from dead cold. '07 returned 38.7 mpg and '13 returned 39.4 mpg. Scanguage on '07 and trip computer on '13.

Not bad for the new guy considering it had 300 miles on the odo. Engine is not broken in yet, tires still have nubs on them and tire psi is not at 40 like my '07. Looks like it should be able to achieve my estimate of beating the '07 by 2 (or more ) mpg. Lifetime on the '07 is a smidge over 35 mpg. Still have not finished the first tank on the '13.
  • Options
    jjjaymmmanjjjaymmman Member Posts: 43
    Best so far on a 8 mile highway trip, no significant hills, with econ on, I got 42 MPG driving speed from mid 60's up to 72 mph. I've done this same trip with econ off a few times with these results:
    29.6 mpg econ off
    27.2 mpg econ off
    32.5 mpg econ off
    34.9 mpg econ on
    35.7 mpg econ on
    38.8 mpg econ on
    22.8 mpg (I was driving in "S" gear w/ traction control off, just to see how it would drive).
    this info is based on what the vehicle has displayed (not by filling up the tank to actually measure).
  • Options
    Tried the 18 mile loop again in the '13. 43.7 mpg this time - engine started warm and temp was 42 degrees. Nice improvement (4.1 mpg) with the warmer engine and outside temp. May get close to 50 mpg this summer once it breaks in and temps are sizzling. Still less than 500 miles on the odo.

Seems to be about 45+ mpg (on instant mpg) going steady at 55 mph. Shaping up to be a little better than my 2007.

2013 EX 6-speed stick I4.
  • Options
    blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    Your 2250 rpms @ 60 mph,in 6th gear, can't be correct. My 02 V6 is turning 2000 rpms @ 60 mph and it's only got 4 speeds!
  • Options
    that was prev models, my 09 v6 is 2300 at 60 mph, you can google it. in dealership mechanic said that this is normal for that car.
  • Options
    2250 is correct. The manual transmission is geared more for performance not economy. that is why it is so quick. 6.6 seconds to 60 for the 4 cylinder.

6 speeds does not always mean super tall gearing a Miata is over 3,000 rpm at 60 in 6th gear.

I wish 6th gear was taller, but it is better than 5th was on my '07. Fortunately economy isn't only rpm but also throttle and it does not take much throttle at lower speeds. Now for 75 mph cruising I would much prefer to have taller gearing as the revs start to get a little high.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Finally have 1,000 miles on the '13 EX I4 6MT. Did the 18 mile loop test again. Temp was finally up to about 65 today and it made a big difference. 48.6 mpg! Keep in mind the speed limit is 55 with some in town at 30-35. I am driving carefully and anticipating lights. Not quite full on hypermiling (I don't shut the engine off when I coast).

I am now very confident that this is the most fuel efficient Accord ever - and the fastest 4 cylinder Accord. I think a 2 mpg improvement over the '07 is doable.

The thing that blows me away is the combination of power and efficiency. I remember when in 1984 the Corvette finally got some of it's back its mojo after a half dozen years of being slow (7-9 seconds) and did 0-60 in 6.6 seconds. The 6MT Accord is just as fast. At the same time my father had a 1983 Nissan Sentra that would get in the high 40's for highway mileage (at 55 mph national speed limit), and the Accord is just as efficient.

I wonder if 30 more years will have a car as fast as the current Vette and as efficient as a Prius - probably.
  • Options
    choppedntubbedchoppedntubbed Member Posts: 39
    Just a little over 2,000 miles on the car, and I purchased it about a month and a half ago.

My driving consists of 60% city and 40% highway.

Best tank to date...29.1 MPG.
  • Options
    ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    Hi.... can any owner of a 2013 4 cylinder automatic share how many miles they go after filling the gas tank before the low fuel light comes on (and whether they do mostly highway, city, or mixed driving). Thanks.
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Finally have 1,000 miles on the '13 EX I4 6MT. Did the 18 mile loop test again. Temp was finally up to about 65 today and it made a big difference. 48.6 mpg! Keep in mind the speed limit is 55 with some in town at 30-35. I am driving carefully and anticipating lights. Not quite full on hypermiling (I don't shut the engine off when I coast).

Encouraging to hear the great numbers. Very true about low highway speeds making most any car a rock star in MPGs; my V6 sedan (not an Accord) is rated 19/29 with 249hp, but at 50 miles an hour, it will easily pull 40 MPG. At 70 miles an hour, more like 32 MPG.
  • Options
    tatseatatsea Member Posts: 17
    I am interested in buying a 2013 Accord EXL with CVT transmission. For those who have purchased a 4 cylinder CVT model, can you please share your experience with mpg for city and highway? Thank you in advance for your post.
  • Options
    mr_numbmr_numb Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2013
    Just shy of 2,000 miles on the clock and here's what I'm getting with my Accord Sport (4 cyl, 6MT):

Average trip: 20 miles, 45/55 MPH zones with a quite a few lights
    MPG per trip: 30/31 (33/34 ECON)
    Average MPG per tank: 31/32

Don't do too much highway driving (~70 MPH), but I did get about 35 MPG last time I took a 60 mile interstate trip.

From what I can gather the on-board computer seems pretty accurate. Loving the manual transmission too.
  • Options
    suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    I have the EX-L (automatic) but too new to really know how it will be. On a recent short highway trip, the trip register said 36 mpg. Around town it ranges from 23 (my tiny 3 mile commute, so no getting up to speed) to over 30 running errands around. Overall on this tank, 27 (mostly around town with the one trip). My many short trips really keep the mileage lower. We are taking a longer highway trip next week and I am interested to see on how it does then.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    zoom08zoom08 Member Posts: 75
    2013 lx with cvt automatic trannsmition 24.4 mpg
    i own the car for about 4 weeks now