Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    Gatorfan123Gatorfan123 Member Posts: 37
    One big factor in the increase is the money factor. Although it is not neccesarily a perfect conversion, you take the money factor and multiply it by 2400 to get your interest rate.

.00150= 3.6%

.00026= .62%
  • Options
    dtambellinidtambellini Member Posts: 13
    Hi. Has anyone ever used fleetrates.com? I have priced an FX35 through them and they beat any dealer by at least $25/month. This is financed through Infiniti. I've found the individual there to be very professional.

Thanks for your thoughts.
  • Options
    xepypgxepypg Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Just came out of an Infinity dealership with the following offer:

FX35 awd with Tech, Sports, Touring +some small extras

MSRP 48,500
    24 month lease
    15K miles / year
    Driveoff 5,000
    Monthly payment 420 including tax
    tax rate is 8.75

Can anyone tell me if I am getting ripped?

thank you!
  • Options
    fx1to1fx1to1 Member Posts: 6
    Hello all, after lurking on the board for several weeks and soaking up the information here, I leased an 07 FX35 RWD Liquid Platinum / Graphite with Touring, Sport, Technology, Handsfree, Splash guards, Cargo area protector, & Sunroof Wind deflector. I did the 21 month deal w/ 12k mi per year on 6/29. Here's the gory details:
    MSRP: $46,900 (note, destination was $700, not the current $760. Been on the lot 111 days).
    Cap Cost: 43,150
    Adj. Cap Cost: $41,039.52 (had trade equity applied; I know, not usually a good idea, but they were not giving cash back!)
    Acq. Fee $595
    Doc fee: $369
    Title: $656.50
    Tire tax: $5
    MF: .00039 (.936%!)
    Payment: $419.74 + tax $33.37 / mo = 453.11
    Total down out the door: $3,797

I think I did OK, I couldn't seem to get them below invoice as I have seen others were fortunate enough to do. I did get a good price on my trade (~$500 above good kbb value). Any feedback would be welcome so next time I can do better. I couldn't have done this well without the information posted by the good folks on this forum. Thanks to all for taking the time to post. I hope the above info helps out others as well. :shades:
  • Options
    Oops! Forgot to add the residual was $32,830, or 71%.
  • Options
    aephemeaepheme Member Posts: 48
    Thanks for the info, fx1to1! I may do a similar deal this afternoon. By the way, if you're curious...

If you hadn't put the trade equity down, your monthly payment would've been around $560 / month.

What surprised me on your deal was the title cost! That seems really high! That's all determined by the state, though, right? Which state are you in? Were there any details to that cost?
  • Options
    bigblue07bigblue07 Member Posts: 4
    Just got a quote from a local dealer on the following and need to see what some objective folks have to say:

2007 FX35
    Tech Package
    Hands Free
    Sport Package
    DVD Mobile Entertainment Pkg
    Roof Rail Cross Guards
    Splash Guards

24 Month
    12000 miles per year
    Monthly payment $528.52

Dealer says MSRP is $47,960
    total cap cost $ 44,328.51
    dealer invoice $43,898
    Money Factor .00026
    Residual 67%

$2800 down
    Includes:
    1st Month $528.52
    Tax $904.00
    Luxury and Fuel-Inefficient Surcharge (a NJ tax) $177.00
    Registration $334.00
    Documentation & Title $249.00
    Tire $7.50
    Bank Fee $595.00

I like the car - can I fight for a better deal? Seems like a lot up front.
  • Options
    aephemeaepheme Member Posts: 48
    Edmunds gives an invoice of $47,250 for the options you described... RWD, right?

Is the dealer tacking an additional ~$750 of various BS protection packages and wheel locks? :)

Otherwise, your residual / money factor / and invoice mark-up look to be about normal. You might be able to beat him down to Invoice, but it's probably not worth the time.

What's killing you is the incredible number of taxes! I'm not sure what Jersey law is, but that's a whole lot of taxes and fees. Check with you local DMV and see if they're all required or if the dealership is fleecing you somewhere. In MI, Title is only $15 and there's a 6% sales tax on the monthly payment (~$30 for $500). The $595 bank fee is standard, too (set by IFS). Can't comment on the rest...
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950
    WEll, how many years registration is that? Its only a 2 year lease. Gotta watch that one. Dealers now give 4-year registrations in NJ.

The $249 doc fee is excessive. I've never paid more than $150, and even that is alot.

What's with the luxury and gas-guzzler tax? This is an FX35, not a Benz G class. What pricerange does this start at? Our $36k Pacifica didn't get hit with it, and that gets worse mileage.

And, finally, why are you paying all the tax up front? In NJ, you get taxed on each payment, so there is no benefit in paying that up front.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    All fair and astute points - thanks for your thoughtfulness. I will check into the registration term and see if I can negotiate down the $249 doc fee.

The "gas guzzler" tax, better known as "Luxury & Fuel Inefficient Vehicle Surcharge" is a legite tax and appears it will apply to me. "Effective July 15, 2006, new car dealerships are responsible for collecting a 0.4% surcharge on the new sale or lease of vehicles priced $45,000 or greater or on vehicles having an EPA rating of less than 19 miles per gallon." This is from the following web page:

http://www.nj.gov/njbgs/luxvehs.htm and http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/pdf/Vehicles/luxtaxfaq.pdf

The FX35's average MPG is 16 + 21 / 2 = 18.5 which is less than 19MPG. That sucks. As far as the tax is concerned, I'll see if I can get it spread into the individual lease payments. Thanks!!!
  • Options
    no problem.

And thanks for the tip about that tax. I'll have to keep that in mind if we move up in class when my wife's Pacifica lease is up (I personally want an FX45, which is why I visit this forum :) ).

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    gameboy213gameboy213 Member Posts: 7
    My 06 1 yr lease is up in september and I am looking to renew with an 07 as the 08 is the same just more money..... Here are my quotes. I think they are both pretty good really.

07 FX35
    2wd
    handsfree
    splash
    sport
    tech
    touring

MSRP: 46,810
    Residual: 66.00%
    Adjus Cap: 42,096
    Money Factor: .00010

Drive off: 2,500
    monthly: 474.01 +tax= $513.12

07 FX 35
    AWD
    handsfree
    cross rails
    splash
    tech
    tour

MSRP: 46,560
    Res: 67%
    Adjust Cap: 41,987.54
    Money factor: .00026

Drive off: 2,800 (roll my last payment in)
    Monthly: 468.70 +tax= $507.37

They are both liqplat/graphite

Do these sound good? I think I can do better really. thanks
  • Options
    I'm in AZ and license cost (VLT) is considered a personal property tax based upon 60% of vehicle base MSRP. If anyone is interested, the formula for the license tax in AZ is:
    ((Base MSRP/100)*0.6)*2.8
    Base MSRP on the 2WD FX is $37,800 = $635.04
    Here's the other adders:
    Registration $8.25
    Air Quality Fee $1.50
    Title fee $4.00
    PRC (recording costs?) $12.00 :confuse:
    Just received my tags and the actual total is a little higher than on the docs signed.

I do agree that the cost is too high. We're way overtaxed in our state on all things (sales, property, gas, income etc.) it seems. Too bad the apathetic voters don't tell the government they need to operate like a business and not a charitable organization! Never gets cold here so the politicians never put their hands in their own pockets :mad: (Writer puts soapbox away...)
  • Options
    fx4mefx4me Member Posts: 3
    Anybody know what the residual and money factor is for a 2008 FX35 RWD on a 24 month / 12k mile? There's not a lot of 2007 FX35 RWD left in the SF bay area..

Thanks
  • Options
    All I know is it isn't good.... i went with an 07AWD
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go, gatorfan123. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Infiniti FX35 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00010 and 66%, respectively. As you can see, this is right in line with the numbers that you were quoted. The dealer that you are working with is being very straightforward with you. If you end up leasing from them and would like to share your sales experience, make sure to stop by the following section of this site: Edmunds.com Dealer Ratings & Reviews

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Greetings to the appropriately names fx4me. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the FX35 that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this what vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    I'm glad that you have found my posts so helpful, Nauser. Unfortunately, I am not personally aware of any site that provides accurate information on manufacturers' current lease programs to the general public. I would be happy to give you an idea of what the programs are like for any vehicles that you are interested in though.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi xepypg. $5,000 is a lot of money to pay at lease signing. I always advise consumers not to make any sort of down payment when leasing. Those who make one risk losing part or all of it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You can and should lease any vehicle that you want without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction, even through it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher.

You never mentioned the selling price of the FX that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the vehicle that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Congratulations on your new FX, fx1to1. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. If you'd like, you can also share your thoughts on the dealership that you got your FX from by visiting the new Edmunds.com Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of this site. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi gameboy213. The money factors that you were quoted are right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' buy rates for 24 month leases of these vehicles. A loaded 2007 Infiniti FX35 has a spread of at least $4,100 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The selling prices that you were quoted for these vehicles appear to be right around, or possibly even below invoice. That makes them very attractive. If you like the FX, I personally don't see any reason not to go with one of these deals. If you do decide to get one, make sure to share the details of your sales experience with everyone by visiting the new Edmunds.com Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here's the information that you're looking for, fx4me. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti FX35 RWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00212 and 69%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks Car Man
    I jumped on one this week! Went with:
    2007fx35 AWD w/tech/tour/handsfree (they are swapping the xm to siri for me for free)
    2500.00 total drive off
    12m/12k
    506/month total

Very happy!
    Thanks
  • Options
    grandzugrandzu Member Posts: 26
    So am I way off in my calculations? For a 24 month/12K miles, an '07 FX35 AWD with tech and touring I am using the following numbers with zero down:

cap cost $42,143.00 (invoice)
    MSRP $46,160
    MF .00026
    residual 0.67

The pretax monthly payment should be around $487 and the first month payment should be $2,258 including NYC tax, bank fee, and DMV.
    Every single dealer I have contacted in the NYC area essentially called me crazy and offered numbers about $50-$200 higher a month pre-tax and said I would never get this car using my numbers.

So are my numbers off?
  • Options
    Just picked up on Saturday FULLY LOADED 2007 AWD FX35

Touring
    Sport
    Tech
    Factory Installed Rear DVD
    Hands Free
    Splash Guards
    Roof Rails
    The Works....

MSRP $50,060

24 Month Lease
    12,000 miles per year

Lynnes Infiniti in Jersey

$2,000 out of pocket
    $581.29 monthly payment

67% Residual

I didn't test-drive with the Sport package - seems a little less smoother ride than without Sport but it is a beautiful car!
  • Options
    selectfxselectfx Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the Infiniti Financial Services money factor and residual percentages for a 2008 FX35 RWD w/ touring, hands free and sport package? Please provide figures for 15,000 miles at 24, 36 and 39 months. Thank you.
  • Options
    pashanycpashanyc Member Posts: 4
    Hey there,
    just received an email from the Infifniti of Manhattan:
    "lease a 2007 Infiniti FX35 for $279/mo
    for 24 months with $1995 down"
    "The Fx35 starting at $279/mo for 24 months is for the RWD car. AWD is an additional $29.84 more towards the monthly payment. Taxes differ upon where the vehicle is registered.
    $0 down is available. We would simply divide the $1995 down payment by the term of 24 months and add the amount to the monthly payment"

Hope it helps in any way.
  • Options
    Good god. That's cheaper than my Accord. Wow!

How many miles is that, though? 10k?

• Options
    redvelvet2620redvelvet2620 Member Posts: 25
    That sounds DARN good, what kind of options did you get?
    Any packages? Is that deal only for the month of July '07?
    Any information will be helpful considering that I plan on getting my dream car this weekend!!!!
  • Options
    themays2003themays2003 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

We were just given a quote on a 2007 AWD FX35 in the Columbus Ohio area with the following:

Touring
    Hands Free
    Cargo Protector
    Splash Guards
    Sunroof Deflector

It has a MSRP of $42,290.00

They listed the following:

Total Cap $40,232.38 (including taxes)
    Residual - 67%
    Monthly payment $486.42 for 24 months and 12K miles
    $2000 out the door

They listed cap reduction of $647.93
    Tax $90.65
    $100 Doc Fee
    $80 License Fee
    $486.42 Advance Pymt
    $595 Bank Fee

Rate 0.26

Is this a good deal? I'm not even sure what all of these numbers mean and my husband is from England and has never leased before so this is all new to him. We are supposed to close on the deal today and I'm not sure how or if we can lower the price. Any help that can give us would be great. We had also hoped for a black, navy or white, but it seems that Liq. Platinum is the only color left within a 7 state radius (according to the dealer) for NEW '07's.

Help!
  • Options
    redvelvet2620redvelvet2620 Member Posts: 25
    If you do not mind sharing what dealer did you go to in NYC?
    I am currently shopping for a fx35.
  • Options
    skydivernickskydivernick Member Posts: 2
    I just spoke with Infiniti of Manhattan. They quoted me $411 a month with $1995 down for 24 months. This was for an '08 FX35 AWD with Sport, Hands Free, Technology and Touring Packages and included 10,000 miles per year.

Sound good?
  • Options
    homelucyhomelucy Member Posts: 9
    Skydivernick: That is quite a deal from Infiniti of Manhattan. Are you sure it included those packages and was an AWD?! I'm calling them now and will have a new car tomorrow if that is the case.
  • Options
    scottrlscottrl Member Posts: 15
    Last Oct-2006 Infiniti had some good 12 month lease deals on the FX35. I picked one up and am hoping they have the same this year, but from reading these posts, it doesn't sound like there are any deals right now? Am I misinterpreting things? Does anyone have any insight into the 2007's and will Infiniti provide good deals/rates to move the 07's? Any thoughts? Thanks Scott.
  • Options
    fx35nycfx35nyc Member Posts: 2
    Pashanyc , I went to this dealer last monday and the $1995 is just part of the down payment and you still have to add those other fees and taxes that adds up to $3995 , that is what the salesman told me. There is a catch over there. I am holding off till the end of the month to see what's up.
  • Options
    fx35nycfx35nyc Member Posts: 2
    If you stop over there like I did , they will start adding some numbers including destination fee , acquisition fee , taxes , etc and will come up to $4000 . Let me know if they offered a better deal. I need to get this car til the end of the month. This inception is a rip off for a leased car.
  • Options
    elanspelansp Member Posts: 39
    Scott- I'm in the same boat - My FX35 lease is expiring in November.
  • Options
    chronic2chronic2 Member Posts: 2
    Dealership wants to get me out of my lease 42mo lease 10 months earlier so I can get a 08'fx35. Fully loaded:
    sport
    hands free
    touring
    tech
    splash guards
    chrome roof rack
    cargo mat
    2000 down
    I was quoted 39mo for $660/mo. He also quoted '07 with same options 610/mo
  • Options
    elanspelansp Member Posts: 39
    Too rich for my blood given that I'm coming off an ~ $379/month for 1 year term lease on my FX35 AWD. My '06 G35 sedan with no options runs me $423/month(10k/yr) and I put down almost nothing on each vehicle.

I need a SUV/minivan for my family. Love the Infiniti QX product but again, much more than I want to spend per month.
  • Options
    rocco50rocco50 Member Posts: 21
    Does anyone have the money factors and residuals for 2007 and 2008 FX35 AWD for the month of September?

Thanks,
    Alex
  • Options
    Hi chronic2. I personally would wait until I was closer to the scheduled end of my current lease to get a new vehicle if I was in your situation. Unless Infiniti is running some sort of special early lease termination program that I am not aware of, in order to get out of your current lease this early you are going to have to either make all of your remaining payments or purchase your vehicle and trade it in. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing your vehicle's purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

If you don't wait, you will probably end up paying much more than you should for your new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi Alex. I've seen the new lease program for the vehicles that you are interested in and I would be happy to help you out. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or how many miles per year you need to be able to drive, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00285 and 48%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 FX35 AWD are .00242 and 52%. As you can see, it does not appear as though Infiniti is providing lease support on the '07 FX any longer. If this is indeed the case, then you should be able to take advantage of the $3,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    rocco50rocco50 Member Posts: 21
    Thank you, Carman. I am looking to lease for either 24 months or 36 months, with 12K.

It makes me sad that there is no more lease support on the FX, I was looking forward to leasing it, but now that the MF is high and the residual low, I am not so sure its in my budget. Why did these numbers change so drastically since last March? Does it make sense to wait until Infiniti provides another lease support ?

I read somewhere that people with high credit scores, above 700, can get as low as 0% APR. Would I qualify for a lower MF than what Infiniti is currently offering if my credit score is above 700? If yes, how would I know what I really qualify for if the dealer is trying to give me the higher MF?

How does the dealer cash work, and how should I go about negotiating the price, taking dealer cash into consideration? Should I get the dealer to drop the price down as close to invoice as possible, and then ask to drop it another $3,000 because of the dealer cash incentive? And then calculate the lease payments based off of that price? Or does the dealer cash incentive only apply if I purchase the car, not lease it?

Besides the FX, I was also looking at the Acura MDX and the bare bones Mercedes ML 350. Could you please post the MF's and the residuals for these SUV's as well, for both the '07 and '08? (here, or on their respective forums if you want to keep on topic).

Alex
  • Options
    liannellliannell Member Posts: 47
    Hi Carman, can you please post the September MF & Residual for a 15k mile/yr 36-mo lease on a 2007 FX35 (RWD)?

Thanks,
    Lianne
  • Options
    willgurwillgur Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man. You previous post #756 refers a $3,000 dealer cash currently available on 2008 FX35. Would you plese elaborate, including any available site links -- I could not find any sources that mention this rebate. Could this amount be negotiated with the dealer upfront as a cap cost reduction, or does it work differently?

Thank you!
  • Options
    fx3fx3 Member Posts: 1
    Here is a deal I was quoted for a 2008 FX35....is it a good deal?

Packages:
    Touring
    Hands Free
    Tech
    Cargo mat

MSRP 45,165
    Invoice 41,164
    Cap Cost 40,114
    Residual 51%
    Money Factor .00263
    15,000 miles a year
    Term 39 Months
    No Money Down
    Base Monthly Payment 629
  • Options
    djdezdjdez Member Posts: 110
    Hello Car_man ... you normally wouldn't be hearing from me until next year when my lease is up but I have a question for a friend of mine who is looking to lease a leftover '07 FX35 AWD ...

I think he may have missed the boat on the excellent MF from August, but I do know there is now $3000 cash available - but I think the lower money factor was still better.

In any event, can you give me the Residual and MF for an '07 FX35 AWD for both 24 and 36 months, with 12000 miles ???

Thanks so much !!!
  • Options
    kvoightkvoight Member Posts: 8
    CarMan, my 2006 FX35 12 month lease expires the end of September and I would love to get a new FX. My current payment is $560 (loaded with Chrome wheels). I put $1200 down. What could I should I target for a new 24 month lease?
  • Options
    snoppysnoppy Member Posts: 3
    Hello Car_man,

I would like to know the money factor and percentage residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 or 2008 FX35 2WD?
    and what would be for a 36 months lease?

thanks.
  • Options
    spetz1spetz1 Member Posts: 3
    I just got a great deal from kings infiniti in Brooklyn. 2008 Infiniti FX35 AWD with touring and hands free package for $362 for a month for 24 months with 2,900 down.