Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda3 Lease Questions

Comments

• reignreign Posts: 20
    I haven't. But, might be some sort of tax only in NY. Ask the dealer.
  • If the charge is listed on the invoice itself, it is most likely not made up. You should find out what that charge is exactly though, some dealers get advertising as a separate charge or flooring.
  • I just signed a lease for a 2010 sedan Mazda3 s sport.

Mazda pays for the first payment which is kinda nice. Total for me was $285/month with just taxes out of pocket. I got a 36 month 3 years lease 12000 miles on a AT w/ nav S sport sedan.

They told me $250 below invoice was what they could sell for, but the acq fee was $695 (I think they made $100 on that), and the registration was liek $250 or somethign I also thought was probably absurd. I think without any BS I got the car for around invoice. I just didn't want to negotiate anymore and the dealer was really close to where I live, all in all very happy with my price, not so happy with the dishonesty though but that's the business.
  • Car Man - do you have December's numbers for a 10k 5 door auto? The salesperson my wife spoke to kept repeating the silly website $ amount but seemed perplexed by residuals and money factors.
  • I recently leased a mazda3, but my problem is that my quoted lease price is

$285.87/month with $1177 down @ 8.375% tax.

I cut them a check that day. I picked up the car and he told me I owed $1177 and I told him I already gave him a check so that's fine. but the lease agreement now reads that I owe $1747 (minus the $285 payment that mazda puts up). Also the agreed upon price of the vehicle is about $400 more than we discussed. Sadly I did sign the lease agreement as I wasn't paying attnention, but I also signed a "Vehicle cash purchase agreement" that has the correct numbers and proper VIN on it.

I have contacted my dealer to clarify but does anyone know where I look in case this becomes a struggle? Mazda USA customer service?
  • Thanks for the info, aviboy97. I suppose that typing "buy rate" is just a habit after writing it 50,000 times ;) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi reign. Here's the info that you're looking for. Chase's current money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2010 Mazda3 5-Door Sport with an automatic transmission and 10,000 miles per year are .00163 and 59%, respectively.

I'd be happy to work up a sample lease payment on this car for you if you provide me with its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. That info is available over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
    jwangsdc, what trim of mazda 3 did you lease? Options? Lease term and mileage allowed?
    How was your credit score? Having a not so good credit will make your payments/mo higher too (and also if you traded in a car that had negative equity - and rolled that amount into your lease). What state do you live in? Some states will have you pay all taxes up front (like TX).
    I know that some dealerships will not write the lease agreement numbers in which you agreed upon. This happened to me and like you, I was in a rush and since my payments were where I wanted them to be, I didn't make too much of a fuss about it.
    I'm not sure what the "Vehicle cash purchase agreement" is.
    Good luck.
  • Hi chiccos23. If I am not mistaken, Mazda is not currently providing lease support on the MazdaSpeed3. If that is indeed the case, then it definitely does not make sense to lease one at this time.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_Man, I was needing info on a 42mo lease (not 39mo) with 10K/mi year. Trim is correct.
    I actually had a MF of .00170 and believe my residual was at 57%. MSRP = $20,590, purchase price = $19,950.
  • Greetings orozcocitroen. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Chase's current money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3i Sedan Touring with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00165 and 56%, respectively.

Vehicles' residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized.

The above money factor is for consumers who qualify for Chase's top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey blueguydotcom. Chase's December money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2010 Mazda3i 5-Door with 10,000 miles per year are .00165 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Sorry about that, reign. The numbers that you were quoted look right.

Car_man
    Host
  • My 2005 Mazda3 Touring I just went into the shop and needs a new compressor at $1,300. I went into the showroom to look at new cars similar to the one I already have and the prices are way too high for my budget. The salesman is trying to pressure me into leasing, which seems like a good idea. But I've been taught that if something looks too good to be true, it must be too good to be true.

Anyone have a guestimate on how much I should pay for a 2010 Mazda3 Touring I with Moonroof on a 42-month lease?? And can I trade in my old one for what I still owe on it??

Is it a good deal or should I run and scrape up the $1,300 to repair my old one?

I'm terrified of making the wrong decision
    1st - take your car to get it appraised to find out how much you will get compared to how much you owe. Either at carmax, or dealer.
    2nd - check your credit score to see if you will be approved.
    3rd - More than likely, you will owe more on your '05 than what its worth. You can roll this amount into your lease like I did on my 2006 car (I was at minus $2K or so)

I also rolled in my TTL into lease too. I got the base model hatchback automatic (no sunroof). The price was $19950 + ~ $2000 negative equity on trade-in + TTL. My payments on a 42mo lease with 10K/mi year is $315/mo.

If you get the 4 door model (base automatic) your payments will be lower than the hatchback.

If I were you, I would just go ahead and fix your '05 model unless you are even with the trade-in and not upside down. Also, on a lease check with your car insurance co to see how much your premium will go up.

Good luck!
    PS Leasing is cheaper than buying (monthly payment), but there are some negatives about it. Please read up on leasing compared to buying - you can find this on the internet.
  • Car man, you wrote "Chase's December" - do you mean Chase bank? I'm close to pulling the trigger and I'd much prefer a 36 month lease to Mazda's 42 monther. All Mazda dealers are insisting on 42 months. That's nuts to me. I'd rather buy at that point as Mazda's MF is higher and the residual drops to 58-57% in those extra 6 months.
  • Hey, thanks for responding to me. I just wanted to clarify what happened. The dealership isn't asking for anymore money from me, so I don't have to worry. Apparently Mazda pays your first months lease payment but that is somehow deducted twice.

My lease agreement reads that I owe $1700 due @ drive off, then it deducts $275 and says I owe $14XX. I only paid $1177 and they're not asking for anymore money from me, so somehow it gets deducted twice. Westchester Mazda didn't play any games with me after I signed the agreement.

One thing they did do though, was I originally negotiated the price I wanted ona 3 GT which was $250 below invoice. I switched to a 3 i sport because of the lease numbers and they promised me the same deal but I never confirmed the numbers. Turns out since the lease was so good etc, they sold it to me at about $200 above invoice even though they agreed it would be the same deal. That's what you get for letting up at a car dealership I supposed.
  • Hi Car Man. Do you know whether this money factor and residual value also applies to the S Grand Touring edition of the Mazda 3 5-door? Thanks.

:)
  • Orange County CA is advertising a 2010 Mazda 3i sedan for zero down and $199/mo. Zero security.

Anybody heard of it? Sounds like a screaming deal.
  • Hey, looking for some input.

2010 Mazdaspeed3 lease.

$299/month plus tax for 48 months. $0 cap cost reduction. Plus tax, license, and acquisition fee. $0 security. 40K total miles. A+ credit required.

MSRP is $23,945

I was looking at the base 3i sedan lease, but I may need to step up.
This discussion has been closed.