Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda3 Lease Questions

Comments

• Greetings orozcocitroen. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Chase's current money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3i Sedan Touring with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00165 and 56%, respectively.

Vehicles' residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized.

The above money factor is for consumers who qualify for Chase's top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hey blueguydotcom. Chase's December money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2010 Mazda3i 5-Door with 10,000 miles per year are .00165 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Sorry about that, reign. The numbers that you were quoted look right.

Car_man
    Host
  • My 2005 Mazda3 Touring I just went into the shop and needs a new compressor at $1,300. I went into the showroom to look at new cars similar to the one I already have and the prices are way too high for my budget. The salesman is trying to pressure me into leasing, which seems like a good idea. But I've been taught that if something looks too good to be true, it must be too good to be true.

Anyone have a guestimate on how much I should pay for a 2010 Mazda3 Touring I with Moonroof on a 42-month lease?? And can I trade in my old one for what I still owe on it??

Is it a good deal or should I run and scrape up the $1,300 to repair my old one?

I'm terrified of making the wrong decision
  • reignreign Posts: 20
    1st - take your car to get it appraised to find out how much you will get compared to how much you owe. Either at carmax, or dealer.
    2nd - check your credit score to see if you will be approved.
    3rd - More than likely, you will owe more on your '05 than what its worth. You can roll this amount into your lease like I did on my 2006 car (I was at minus $2K or so)

I also rolled in my TTL into lease too. I got the base model hatchback automatic (no sunroof). The price was $19950 + ~ $2000 negative equity on trade-in + TTL. My payments on a 42mo lease with 10K/mi year is $315/mo.

If you get the 4 door model (base automatic) your payments will be lower than the hatchback.

If I were you, I would just go ahead and fix your '05 model unless you are even with the trade-in and not upside down. Also, on a lease check with your car insurance co to see how much your premium will go up.

Good luck!
    PS Leasing is cheaper than buying (monthly payment), but there are some negatives about it. Please read up on leasing compared to buying - you can find this on the internet.
  • Car man, you wrote "Chase's December" - do you mean Chase bank? I'm close to pulling the trigger and I'd much prefer a 36 month lease to Mazda's 42 monther. All Mazda dealers are insisting on 42 months. That's nuts to me. I'd rather buy at that point as Mazda's MF is higher and the residual drops to 58-57% in those extra 6 months.
  • Hey, thanks for responding to me. I just wanted to clarify what happened. The dealership isn't asking for anymore money from me, so I don't have to worry. Apparently Mazda pays your first months lease payment but that is somehow deducted twice.

My lease agreement reads that I owe $1700 due @ drive off, then it deducts $275 and says I owe $14XX. I only paid $1177 and they're not asking for anymore money from me, so somehow it gets deducted twice. Westchester Mazda didn't play any games with me after I signed the agreement.

One thing they did do though, was I originally negotiated the price I wanted ona 3 GT which was $250 below invoice. I switched to a 3 i sport because of the lease numbers and they promised me the same deal but I never confirmed the numbers. Turns out since the lease was so good etc, they sold it to me at about $200 above invoice even though they agreed it would be the same deal. That's what you get for letting up at a car dealership I supposed.
  • Hi Car Man. Do you know whether this money factor and residual value also applies to the S Grand Touring edition of the Mazda 3 5-door? Thanks.

:)
  • Orange County CA is advertising a 2010 Mazda 3i sedan for zero down and $199/mo. Zero security.

Anybody heard of it? Sounds like a screaming deal.
  • Hey, looking for some input.

2010 Mazdaspeed3 lease.

$299/month plus tax for 48 months. $0 cap cost reduction. Plus tax, license, and acquisition fee. $0 security. 40K total miles. A+ credit required.

MSRP is $23,945

I was looking at the base 3i sedan lease, but I may need to step up.
  • Hi Car Man
    Researching 2010 Mazda 3 sport model and touring model;36month term as well as 42 term no out of pocket money residual rate as well as money factor- top tier excellent credit.

THANKS
    Caryn
  • Hey blueguydotcom. Yes, Mazda runs all of its special leases through Chase now instead of its own special captive finance company like many other automakers have.

I completely agree with you, I would much rather go with a 36 month lease than a 42 month lease as well. The only reason that Mazda is advertising 42 month leases is to make its payments look lower. There is lease support for 36 month terms.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi beautie. Mazda's lease program varies by trim level. Here's the specific program for the model that you're interested in.

Chase's January money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2010 Mazda3s 5-Door Grand Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00171 and 57%, respectively.

This car's 12,000 mile per year residual value is 2% higher and its 10k resid is 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings Caryn. Here's the information that you're looking for. Chase's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3i Sport Sedan with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00171 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man,

Can you please provide the current lease buy rate and residual for a Mazda 3 i Touring. If it matters, it has the bose/moonroof package. This is the 4 door also. I would be interested in the 39 & 42 month terms. 12,000 or 15,000 miles

Thanks in Advance
  • jett456jett456 Posts: 33
    The deal for a Mazda 3 is 239 per month zero down. Is this a good deal? I don't like the 42 months. MSRP 17805. I never bought a Mazda before. What are the chances of things going wrong by 42 months. The warranty is only for 36 months.
  • I'm looking for 36 and 39 month 12k miles residual and money factor on the Mazdaspeed3.
  • You can negotiate a better deal. Advertised specials are based on some pretty bad sales prices. Work on the sale price of the car and THEN ask for the MF, residual, etc. You want the best sale price on the car -the lease's cost will go down if negotiate the sale price down.

Strongly suggest using the web. You can hit 10 dealers with ease.
  • Hi Car Man can you please tell me the lease rates on a MazdaSpeed3 ?
    Thanks !
  • Ha, I like your username car_panda :). Here's the info that you're interested in.

Mazda's current money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3 i Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00166 and 55%, respectively.

This car's residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello 996twint. Unfortunately, I don't believe that Mazda is currently providing any sort of support on the MazdaSpeed3. As a result, it will likely be very expensive to lease one. You probably would be better off just financing.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi tonestert. Please see my previous post. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi,

I am getting the following deal on 24 month lease for a 2010 Mazda 3 iTouring with moonroof/BOSE option

3978 cash payment/ down payment

141.40 per month

So basically it works out at me paying 7672 for 2 year lease.

Is that a good deal ?

Thx in advance for your help.

-sandeep
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Posts: 6,257
    No. Why are you putting 4k into a LEASE? They have 0% for 60 months. Keep the 4k. Negotiate a good price - about 1k below invoice is possible but let's be conservative and say 500 below invoice. TTL will make the car less than 21k. 21k divided by 60 is $350. Two years in you'll owe about 12-13k,

MSRP: 21k
    Sale Price: 19k
    TTL, out the door: 21k
    Monthly payment of $350

24 months = $8400 spent, still own 12600
    Car's value at WORST would be 60% of MSRP or $12600.

No mileage worries, no gap and you're not paying interest. By year 4-5 you'll have a sound investment even with depreciation.

I'd avoid the lease if I were you.
  • baastenbaasten Posts: 8
    Hi
    you got a great deal may i ask what the
    price of the car was or did you just negotiate from
    monthly payment? And the only fee you pd
    was 295?
    Negotiating for sport i. Lease
    thanks
    zoomzoom
  • roadcrazyroadcrazy Posts: 21
    I'm looking for the rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month and a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3 s Sport 5-Door with an automatic transmission and 12,0000 miles per year. The vehicle also has the moonroof/6CD/Bose package if it makes a difference. Thanks in advanced.

I've been quoted a sign and drive lease of $267 (24 months) and $251 (36 months). These figures include 6% sales tax. Also, since it's a true sign and drive I'm told there is no first payment.
    Thats a good deal- which dealer? is it in MA?

Thanks
    trying to lease a 4 door mazda 3 sport and if anyone knows the money factor for that and residual for a 36 month/ 10,000 or 12,000 per year I would appreciate that

Thanks
    Zoomzoom
    Thats a good deal- which dealer? is it in MA?

Thanks
    trying to lease a 4 door mazda 3 sport and if anyone knows the money factor for that and residual for a 36 month/ 10,000 or 12,000 per year I would appreciate that

Thanks
    Zoomzoom
  • roadcrazyroadcrazy Posts: 21
    It happens to be a dealer in MI. I also just got these figures when I asked about purchasing instead of leasing.

MSRP $22485 / SPLAN $21180 / SPLAN REBATE $400 / DOC FEE $190 / TAX $1282.20 / TITLE $15 / PLATE TRANSFER $8 / TOTAL OUT THE DOOR $22275.20 /
    60 MONTHS 0% $372

I'm not a Mazda employee so if he truly gave me S Plan pricing that's kind of surprising. Once you get lease and/or purchase figures I'd appreciate if you'd share them as well. Good luck in your search.
    Hi roadcrazy
    just got my numbers mixed up- sorry
    my newest round of deals march proving better
    than feb.
    current info. and deals
    sport manualtrans. 15392-no nitty gritty negotiating
    yet. 2nd dealer 179.00 plus 424.00 tax title reg.
    This is only email info.- hoping to find out
    cost tomorrow via mangr.
    Good luck to you as well
This discussion has been closed.