Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tundra Brakes Problems

andy36andy36 Member Posts: 9
I have a 2000 tundra that has the ultimate front brake problem. I was told by the dealer that front brake vibration was normal and to just drive the vehicle. I had it serviced at 76k including the brakes. My truck has 92k on it and my whole right side front just collapsed on me driving on a paved road. It took out my fender and door. The body shop said all the bolts vibrated loose from the bad brakes. Are there any other similar stories out there. I am thinking about hiring a lawyer because this could have been real serious.

Comments

• ustazzafustazzaf Member Posts: 311
    I have a 2000 tundra that has the ultimate front brake problem. I was told by the dealer that front brake vibration was normal and to just drive the vehicle. I had it serviced at 76k including the brakes. My truck has 92k on it and my whole right side front just collapsed on me driving on a paved road. It took out my fender and door. The body shop said all the bolts vibrated loose from the bad brakes. Are there any other similar stories out there. I am thinking about hiring a lawyer because this could have been real serious

Time for a new body shop. Every part in the brake system can break and the frontend will not collapse (unless you hit something because you could not stop). The front end colapsing is caused by a balljoint failing because it was not replaced via preventative maintenance. It is your fault (or the mechanic that last inspected it if you took it in regulalry). That is something that, number 1 would have been detected by a quality mechanic at the last alignment, and number 2, does not fail over night. Preventative maintenance is your responsibility. I am not saying that the ball joint should not last 200k (Ford is lucky to get 75K), but if the part is failing early, regular maintenance will catch it. I have encountered people that have driven 75K without changing the oil, and then saying that their Toyota was junk cause the engine froze at under 100K. HELLO.
  • andy36andy36 Member Posts: 9
    HELLO the ball joint did not fail all the bolts in the front hub came loose and the front end collapsed. AS I explained they all vibrated loose from the front end shake during braking. This front end was checked and tightened when I the new rotors were installed at 76k. My truck is always well maintained with oil changes every 2500 miles, and regular services as per the manual. These trucks were supposed to be fixed by the dealer because even toyota said the braking system was defective. Toyota has refused to fix any that were out of warranty. This is crap. You dont admit to making a faulty product and then refuse to fix it. Chech out toyota tundra brake recall and read all the horror stories. Mine is only one in a million.
  • lc91306lc91306 Member Posts: 1
    My step-father has been buying Toyota truck since 2002, but this time the 2004 double cab he bought turned into a nightmare, he was driving when the ball joint came off the right passenger side causing right front end to collapse, luckily no one got hurt but if this were to happen 10 mins before the out come might have been fatal, he was driving 65 mph on a freeway over looking the ocean with his family ages 50 to 11 months old. Toyota motor Corp hasn't been very helpful to investigate the matter. The truck had 75,000 miles when this happened.
    This is the same thing that happened to me. It cost 6k to repair. I ended up putting drilled and slotted rotors on my truck and ceramic pads to stop the brake chatter. This was at my own expense. People are trying to start a class action lawsuit aginst toyota. Go to recalltoyotatundra brakes.com and tell them your story. There are many stories like yours there. Andy
  • tundradudetundradude Member Posts: 588
    Both the ball joint and brakes are on recall at Toyota's expense.
    I have a 2000 tundra and toyota has refused to fix the problem. They admitted to the problem in a service letter to dealers but would only fix if the trucks were still under warranty. Is this recall new?
    Andy
  • tundradudetundradude Member Posts: 588
    I had both done to my truck. The brakes in 04 and the ball joints in 05. My truck only has 26K on it.

My truck is an 02.
  • tundradoishotundradoisho Member Posts: 1
    Just to let all Toyota owners awair of the problem that I had just recently experienced, please read below.

As I was travelling @ 100 Kmh (I'm Cdn) my fron end slammed to the ground, I had finally came to a complete stop and as I got out my vehicle, I noticed my tire had fallen OFF from it's assembly. Now that the truck is in the repair shop, we are patiently waiting for the lower ball joint however they are on back order becasue they have no stock on North America, hmmmmmm I wonder why their is no stcok? becasue pretty much every Tundra owver is complaining about this exact same issue.

I had recently found out that Toyota is having problems with the Ball joints, and what Toyota Corp has told me is that "they don't know of such a recall" or as they call it "Campaign"

Until now, I had never had any problems with the vehicle, it has never seen a Toyota dealership for any maintenace, the thing worked like a Charm ewvery time, I have a 108,000 KM on the vehicle and this should not have happened. People want to talk about regular maintenace? the thing has been at a servcice station regulary, I own 33 Franchises in Canada. I know how they are to be maintained.
  • dcratesdcrates Member Posts: 1
    14k on an 06 double cab and the front end is "klunking" under stearing or when the wheel is up against a curb, I turn the stearing wheel and it sounds and feels loose making a bad sound. Also when under braking it will klunk sometimes. Any ideas? It goes in Friday to the dealer.

Also, dealer said "Toyota has really tightened up on loaner cars" What? 30k dropped in January to buy this thing and no love? Anyone else have this issue?
  • gmctruckgmctruck Member Posts: 186
    The recall only covers '02-'04 model years on the Tundra. Your '00 was not part of the recall. Check the NHTSA website for the details. You can look up any recalls that have been issued for your particular vehicle. :D
  • hawkeye7hawkeye7 Member Posts: 2
    Yes I also have the brake vibration problem. I have a fairly new 02. This should not be happening right? I thought it was just because I tow alot so I had the drums turned because they were glazed. But Now 2 months later same thing happening with vib and I am not even towing anything right now. Do you suppose getting high performance TRD brakes this would help? Do anyone know?
    I bought my own drilled and slotted rotors and installed them. I also installed ceramic brake pads to reduce heat and made sure my lug nuts were torqued to the right torque. I also sold the piece of [non-permissible content removed] about 3 months later and bought a nissan titan.
  • jltrayjltray Member Posts: 3
    Have they fixed the front end problems on the 2007 Tundra?

I'm considering buying one, but would like to know if it and other problems have been addressed.

Thanks
    Jimmy
  • treefarmertreefarmer Member Posts: 1
    My continuing brake problem with my 2002 Tundra (~44000 mi)is summarized at the nhtsa site ODI Number: 10150678 under Component: Service Brakes, Hydraulic. I recognize my problem in most of the prior 20 entries. Didn't discover this forum until now.

Message #6 by tundradude "Both the ball joint and brakes are on recall at Toyota's expense" Can anyone help me further in verifying this statement. I live in the Colorado mountains and experiencing a downhill run is a terrifying experience. Good vehicle for Iowa maybe.

Help will be much appreciated. Larry T.
  • 650spx650spx Member Posts: 48
    Andy the repair is covered under 3/36 factory warranty. There is no reason for toyota to pay for your brake problem. It's not like your out of warranty by a few weeks or a a few thousand miles. You are out by 4 years and 60,000 miles. You can pay for all the updates if you realty think thay need to be done. As far as you accident things don't just fall apart I think there is more to this accident then your telling us.I one post you say the wheel fell off and in another post you say the ball joint broke. Then you say the ball joint was ok.
    Toyota knew there was a problem with the ball joints on the tundra and the front brakes. They only would fix them if the vehicle was still under warranty. This was on a service bulletin that they sent to all dealers. This should have been a recall item no matter what the miles were on the vehicle. The front wheel fell off because the ball joint collapsed. Go online and see all the other people that are having these same problems.
    Hey Andy I am not trying to start trouble here but you said this. (HELLO the ball joint did not fail all the bolts in the front hub came loose and the front end collapsed. AS I explained they all vibrated loose from the front end shake during braking.) So did the ball joint fail or did all the front hub bolts/nuts loosen up/break?? Now if I am correct you say your truck is a 2000 if so then you truck dose not meet the ball joint recall criteria and Toyota is not responsible which is why they were never done under warranty/recall. OK so back to your other story the front hub came loose/fell off. This is most likely a possible bad axle or wheel bearing lug or nuts not tight. This would be either your fault or the place that services the truck's fault. By the way a bad wheel bearing, worn axle or loose lug nuts will all will cause a vibration when breaking. Either way it is not the responsibility of Toyota or Toyota motor company. I can tell you this the next time you get your car serviced try asking them to look at your problem (vibration). Instead of you saying it's the brakes check the brakes and two ball joints WARRANTY RECALL BULLETINS (like you know what your taking about)! I know the Toyota tundra very well If you relay had a break problem (that pertains to the tsb) It would have started at 10,000 miles back in 2000 or 2001 and have been handled under warranty. I also know if Toyota or your insurance company thought your accident was any fault of Toyota than an investigation would have been done. All in all your wrong time to suck it up and pay $$$$.
    dont give a rats [non-permissible content removed] how well you know the tundra. The 2000 was a piece of [non-permissible content removed]. There was a braking problem from day one. All the dealers wanted to do was turn the rotors every 12k and hope the problem would go away.If this was such a great truck why dont you read the other stories about this problem from the 100's of others on line. There is a reason that I drive a titan now.
    Andy I am still wondering what failed on your truck the ball joint or the hub. If you look back in your old posts your story conflicts itself. I would also like to let you know there is not ball joint recall for the 2000 tundra.
    the body shop told me that it was complete ball joint failure and that is why the front passenger side collapsed taking the hub and all the workings with it. This happened when i was leaving a stop light on paved road. Toyota refused to recall the vehicle for front brake problems that caused excessive vibration when braking, this was a major cause of the joint failure. If you research this, toyota knew of the brake problem but it would cost them 3k to fix. They even sent a service bulletin to all their dealers offering to fix the problem but only if the vehicle was still under warranty. One person i talked to online had to sue the dealer to have this done. every tundra from 01-06 has had a ball joint recall. Why not the 00 it was the same truck as the o1. except the new braking compensator mounted on front passenger wheel housing. I have nothing against toyota. My wife drives a rav4 and my son a corolla but i will never buy another tundra the titan is just so much more truck.
    Ok so your saying the ball joint failed due to a brake vibration. I highley doubt it I think your body shop is wrong. The ball joint recall was d to a manufacturing defect when thay switched companys for the 2002 model year your truck was not affected. The brake problem I will give you a little leway for that one but after 3/36 sorry your out of luck. Toyota dose not determen what is a recall others do like the us goverment,national highway saftey bord and others do. The dealer it self has nothing to do with it. Rember the dealer it self is a business If you won't pay them and toyota won't pay them for a repair then the repair dose not get done. It's just that simple. I personaly think the outboard clip on the front cv axle broke causing the vibration. But we will never know now. As far as the nissan gose I hope you happey but I have seen rear end problems ses/emissions problems and that to have there fair share of brake problems. Good luck to you with your nissan.
  • lvs2yot4funlvs2yot4fun Member Posts: 1
    Is anyone experiencing after recall fixed? I have 2005 Tundra Double Cab and my passenger rear brake light not functioning. Bulb is okey and there's no fuse blown. It flashes when remote is press lock or unlock.
    What could be the problem.
    Any feedback is greatly appreciated in advanced

Thanks
    Rooh
  • zipalotzipalot Member Posts: 3
    I have had a 2001 Tundra since new. At 33K miles the brakes started to shake, so Toyota replaced them under warranty. At 50K it happened again and they told me that there was a problem with he rotors and pads and that it would cost 1500 to fix at my expense. I complained to the Company HQ and they replaced the rotors and pads with heavy duty stuff for free and I have not had a problem since. Now I have 117K miles and only had to replace the pads at 110K. I also pulled a travel trailer with it. The only problem I have had that ticked me off was the starter failed at about 80K miles and it cost 800 to replace. Some idiot engineer put the starter under the manifold and it had to be removed to replace the starter. The part was 100 the rest was labor. I understand they moved it after 2001.
  • scout209scout209 Member Posts: 1
    I replaced my Brake master cylinder because the back seal was leaking, but when i applied brakes they felt like the booster was not working. If i slammed on the brakes it felt like they were stuck. So i replaced the booster thinking that brake fuiled had damaged the diaham in the booster.I believe I made the proper agjusment at the push rod and the booster cup, but the same problem still exists. When you apply the brakes they feel like you are pushing against a wall.I have a 2000 4x4 tundra. Has been running fine till now .Eny ideas
  • wazbewiwazbewi Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2005 Tundra I loved it but like it a lot less these days due to poor service and the fact that it's going on 3 years old and going on 3rd set of tires due to excessive tread wear on outer front. There was a recall on front suspension/lower ball joints took it in for work (ATTENTION BEWARE)check the vehicle and paperwork always and with any front end work always make sure it's been aligned for those that may not know. Toyota did a half [non-permissible content removed] job as usual when realizing they didn't align tread was gone on right front of course I had been to them 3 times about it they said I drive funny took it to tire place where purchased they said looks like you'll need new tires this is 1 month after new on. When ball joints got replaced never told me my brakes were low until 3 weeks later when I went in for spark plugs then they called said brakes were gone why couldn't they tell me when ball joint work was done they wait till they are under the hood far from brakes and now they are shot whatever paperwork states they turned rotors brakes have squeaked sense they were done I have suspected rotors were not turned cause 3 months later take it to have them check brakes and they say rotors need to be turned(so soon) from now on if anything is being replaced I will demand the old part that was replaced hopefully they won't pull the wool over my eyes on that. It puts me in a rage when I get treated like a dumb chick that knows nothing and believes everything the crap they try to make me believe is unreal and of course the answers are always (Thats normal) to everything no it's not. Those that have a 2005 Tundra on the tail gate where the handle is there is a hump this is the design of the truck well when going in for service the shmuck that has been there for years writes on my service slip check in sheet dent on tail gate and says to me you have a dent I freaked and had him show me they only had the truck 2 min. what the heck he shows me the tailgate and I tell him he better get out there in the lot and get familiar with the vehicles cause he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. In last anyone have a bedliner noise reduction kit put on truck? I did $50.00 and it's some kids bicycle helmet foam shredded and shoved in areas under liner. No Ididn't buy the kit and no I didn't buy the bull story either those are just a few of the things they try to make me buy.
  • jccinohjccinoh Member Posts: 9
    Ok, so perhaps my 2006 Tundra was built on a Friday before a holiday or something...but whatever the reason for all the problems with the vehicle it has made my decision on what type of truck to own next a little easier. TOYOTA will NOT be one of my choices. From brake and compressor problems to 'clunking in the rear end' to tire wear...I would NEVER own another one of these vehicles. As I have told the Toyota service people many times, my Tundra is the best advertising that GM has never had to pay for! Everytime I get in the truck it makes me think back on the 'good' trucks I have had with GM (see, good advertising!) Anyway, thats my two cents worth on the quality (or lack of it) of my Toyota Tundra...
    All of us with problems and complaints need to stay on toyota until they do something they don't see the same issues are with alot of us 2005-2006 tundra owners keep on corporate I have for 3 years about tire wear and this 3rd set of tires I am waiting for comfirmation on reimbursement for once sounds promising and won't stop till I am happy. The more people the better.
  • josharellijosharelli Member Posts: 1
    I am experiencing a similar problem. Any help?
  • slotkarslotkar Member Posts: 1
    My '06 Tundra, had the ball joint recall work done at 5000 miles (with alignment and rotation). Just put a new set of tires on front (outside wear) with the odometer at 11,000 miles. Give me a break. Taking the worn tires and the truck to toyota this week, with the ball joint work order reciept ( since they lost that record on their computer), to see what they say in person, since the service guy on the phone said he "he had never heard of this kind of a tire wear problem". Since getting the new tires and alignment at reputable shop, my truck steering wheel shimmies at cruising speed.

My wifes '06 Tundra (see a trend here), has 22,000 miles with ball joint recall completed, and she also got a new set of front tires, with the same premature wear problem.

Any other Tundra tire wear stories ?
    I finally filed a complaint with Auto better business and I urge all to do same if having the problem with the tire wear now I have action along with Toyota inspecting my truck to find problem. All should do same.
  • helpman230helpman230 Member Posts: 7
    Why why? buy these Toyota defective automobiles? Toyota have call back nearly all make and model of their automobile for having dangerous break problem, sludge explosive gas that can start a fire in Toyota Corollas, Lexus, Pirus, Toyota Camry, Toyota Tundra, Toyota Tocoma, automobiles that can also take you down the highway with speed over 125 MPH with out any breaks and also you can not switch off these defective Toyota Automobiles. Lexus RX350 will develop sludge and it also have a defective transmission. The Toyota RAV4 have a defective ECM Module that is use to control the shifting of the gears inside of the transmition. When this ECM module fail it also destroys the transmit ion costing the owner over $ 8000 dollars and new RAV4 with warranty Toyota would not repair the defective transmit ion. Toyota Scion have a defective break system that can get frozen in the cold states which will leave a driver with no breaks. In the winter season when some one is driving this defective Toyota Scion from Texas to New York. This person in this defective Toyota Scion will have no way of stopping this defective Toyota Scion. Toyota Motors USA SAID THAT THEIR 2006 to 2008 Toyota Camry have a Total Break Failer Problem. Toyota said that if you have these 2006 to 2008 defective Toyota Camry you should bring them into a Toyota dealer so that they can install a vacuum pump that will work with the break. One guy said he was driving a Toyota Tundra truck down the highway at thirty-five miles per hour when the front right wheel with the break drum and the other parts connected to the right front wheel came complete off the Toyota Tundra truck. He also said that the oil from the Toyota Tundra Truck was all over the highway where the truck had came to a stop. This truck had also caught a near by field on fire. The fire department was called and they had to put out this fire. Winter is coming you cannot drive these defective Toyota Automobiles with floor mat installed on the driver side. The driver side rug in your defective Toyota Automobile will be soaking wet with dripping snow water from your shoes or boots. When water from you shoes or boots soak through the driver side rug it will get onto the driver side metal floor which will rotten the driver side metal floor. Do not be supprise if wild driving your defective Toyota Automobile you found you self fall through the driver side flooring landing you in a sitting position on the highway or street! DO NOT PUT YOUR FAMILIES IN THESE DEFECTIVE TOYOTA AUTO MOBILES. Five people got killed in these defective Toyota Automobiles. Do your self and your families a favor. Sell all these defective Toyota Automobiles. Buy safe automobile buy a General Motors Truck or Car. There is a crash test that was done on all 2009 cars. Type into your computer chevy marlibu crash test and they have a YouTube Video of Chevy Marlibu crash test you will be very amaze with the Chevy Marlibu safety performance. They took a very small Toyota car like a Toyota Matrix and they smashed it into the Toyota Camry 2009 head on or front to front collision. That very small Toyota Car the size of the Toyota Matrix that they use to hit the Toyota Camry head on. This small car did allot of damage to the 2009 Toyota Camry. They did the same crash test for the Honda car.They took a Honda Civic and the crash it head on into a bigger Honda car. The Honda Civic smaller car destroyed the bigger Honda Car. All these tests was done at 40 MPH. Notice again THE VERY SMALL CARS that they use to hit the Toyota Camry and the Honda car head on. When they tested the Chevy Marlibu THEY USE A BIG STEEL 1959 CHEVY MARLIBU TO HIT THE CHEVY MARLIBU 2009 HEAD ON OR FRONT TO FRONT COLLISION. The 2009 chevy Marlibu destroyed the 1959 big steel Chevy Marlibu. The news reporter on CNN and other viewers of the test was amazed at the 2009 Chevy Marlibu performance and safety.
  • webgoodwebgood Member Posts: 95
    Uuuummmmmm...do you have any useful or cogent facts to bring to this discussion, or are you just venting?
  • diesel35diesel35 Member Posts: 2
    You sound like a paid blogger. Good luck with that B. S.
  • theguzetheguze Member Posts: 2
  • theguzetheguze Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2004 Tundra w/two wheel dr, w/ABS. 75k miles.
    Two weeks ago I replaced a pair of warped rotors with some drilled and slotted rotors, adjusted the rears. The brakes work great
    . I now have an ABS? issue. If I come to a slow rolling stop, like you might when parking it, the ABS engages, though not always. The truck is probably going only a couple of mph at this time. I can feel the pulsation in the brake pedal and hear the system engage. The ABS sometimes still pulses for a second or two after the truck stops. This is the only time the ABS comes on for no reason.
    I checked the sensors, wire harness, bled brakes.
    Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!
  • kab2020kab2020 Member Posts: 1
    Hi. did you ever find out what the problem was regarding the ABS engaging? I'm having the same issue with my 2001 Tundra (190K). I just had the front brakes, front and rear struts replaced along with a wheel bearing on the front left. Now, when I'm parking the ABS pump is engaging. My mechanic took it to Toyota and the diagnositic tests showed nothing! They have replaced the speed censor, but it's still happening. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • wypaladinwypaladin Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 Tundra truck with 97,000 miles on it. I just purchased the truck a few weeks ago but have had a problem with the brakes since day 1. The problem is a soft brake pedal that will not hold a firm brake when the brakes are applied. The pedal will "sink" about 2/3 the way to the floorboard and will stop the vehicle but the soft pedal does not instill confidence in the braking system. I have replaced the brake master cylinder and the vacuum booster (at a cost of almost $1600) but the pedal is still soft. It acts like there is air in the brake system, but bleeding of the brakes does not help. Anyone else experiencing any similiar problems?
  • lingking1lingking1 Member Posts: 2
    I have the exact same issue with my 2005 tundra. Had the rear axle bearings replaced, along with the left rear speed sensor, now the abs kicks in at very low speed when braking. Did you ever figure out your problem?
  • lingking1lingking1 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 tundra. I was experiencing rear axle noise, so I was taking it to my mechanic. On the way there the abs light came on. Brakes were inspected and looked good. Rear axle was inspected and found the axle bearings were shot. The diagnostic machine also showed the left rear speed sensor was not working. Replaced the axle bearings and speed sensor, now when you brake at very low speeds the abs kicks in and the brake pedal pulsates and makes a noise from the abs kicking in. This happens about 50% of the time when you brake. Any ideas what's wrong? Anyone else have a similar problem? Thank's
  • wypaladinwypaladin Member Posts: 2
    nope, just gave up figuring it's a Toyota thing......thinking about trading it in on a new Ford truck...... :):):)
  • mickz1mickz1 Member Posts: 1
    did you ever get any thing to work on stoping the abs from being over sensitive on your tundra, I am experiencing the exact same issue.
    Mechanics are unable to figure it out.
  • mpendleburympendlebury Member Posts: 1
    try a set of pads from the dealer, if the pads are to hard you will get the abs to come on.
  • junktruck97junktruck97 Member Posts: 4
    i had a 07 tundra,same problem , i kept bringing the truck into sun toyota,they kept telling me everythiung is ok .now the pedal is on the floor,finally at 16,000 miles the brake booster went,after the fix pedal remained on the floor,there answer,while the slapped the abs box under the hood was --toyota designed these brakes to be softer,there was prior complaints of the pedal being to hard ,i didnt buy that and sold the truck immediatly
  • stanley5856stanley5856 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 Toyota Tundra but the brake lights wont go out even with the engine turned off
  • warf1962warf1962 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with my 2005 Toyota tundra tx edition, I had the driverside bearings replaced and now the brakes go all the way to the floor board. I have tried to bleed all the brakes in the order that the book says, and that still didn't work. I was about to buy a new master cylinder until I read your article. can you tell me if you got your problem fixed and if you did what did you do? THANK YOU!
  • f9mikef9mike Member Posts: 1
    I just had my rear wheel bearings replaced after 72k miles. Brakes were very spongy. I went back and they adjusted the rear brakes, adjusted the parking brakes, and bled the brakes at the wheels three times. They are definitely better but not right. If you drive more than 30 seconds and hit the brakes the pedal goes down 2/3rds. One pump and the pedal comes up to 1/3rd. My conclusion is there is still some trapped air. Replacement of the wheel bearings required removal of the back plates resulting in opening up the brake system so I don't know what else it can be. I did more research and learned about the proportioning valve mounted under the truck bed above the rear axle. I'm sure you all know about this guy - it has an arm that attaches to the rear axle housing. As you load the truck and compress the rear springs the arm moves, adjusting the valve to proportionally provide more braking to the rear wheels as the load in the bed increases. Apparently this animal has its own bleed port. I also read somewhere that air trapped in this valve can be tough to remove; maybe that's why it has it's own bleeder. Tomorrow I will go back to the mechanic and bleed the brakes yet again, but include this bleeder as well. I will report back on the results.
  • brakeboosterbrakebooster Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    brkae tundra brake booster problem?
    brake boosters fail because of several reasons. 1, the main body of the booster may become defective over time.1, damage on the power brake booster check valve may cause vacuum leaks. Three, leaks could also occur somewhere in the system, such as in the vacuum hoses. Leaks are the most common problems that cause a brake booster to fail. So, in case you encounter problems in the form of very hard brake pedal, the booster is one of the first things to check, and leaks are among the first problems that you need to find.
    and i know a good site ,they can give you more suggest on brake problems , http://www.fiverhope.com
    http://www.fiverhope.com/category-74-b0-Ford-brake-booster.html
  • brakeboosterbrakebooster Member Posts: 2
    Toyota tundra booster info here for check.

http://www.fiverhope.com/category-68-b0-Toyota-Brake-booster.html