Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Versa New Owners Report

1235»

Comments

• Hi,

I also have the knock and vibration sometimes, at idle. It only happens after the car has been driven a while. Sometimes it is not there at all, even after driving a while. I mentioned it to the dealer, and he offered to have me leave it with them for a few days to see if they could replicate it. I said no thanks ( They would just use it to get coffee and donuts, and never have the knocking sound happen, right ???)

The car runs great except for this occasional annoying knock. I worry about it. Will be watching this board !
  • Do you have a manual transmission and if yes does the sound go away if you depress the clutch or increase the idle rpm to 1200?

Frank
    2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 16600 miles
  • Frank,

No, I have the automatic trans. And the knock will almost always disappear if you shut the engine off for a minute and restart it.
  • merckxmerckx Posts: 565
    I bought a manual shift 2011 Versa about a week and a half ago.
    First impressions: The shift quality is really,really clunky. I'm a little amazed Nissan couldn't make it any better.
    i really wish the driver's seat in my S model could be adjusted lower....This overwhelmingly is my biggest complaint.
    Other than these two issues, I am extremely happy with the car. It has a very serene ride....Not the least bit sporting, but the manual shift makes the car involving enough to be entertaining.
    It's also very quiet. i'm really enjoying it!
    i've never had such an inexpensive car, though, and in the back of my head I find myself wondering how it will age.

But at least for now I am wildly pleased with it. The back seat is enormous... truly!
    I highly,highly recommend it!
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,860
    Well my 2007 6-speed has 83,000 miles on it and is going along just great. The shifter certainly has a different feel than other manuals we have had. The biggest change I would make (and my wife and daughters agree) is that 6th gear just doesn't fell like it's geared high enough, it sometimes feels like we'd like to be able to shift into 7th gear. Our 2010 was looking to be just as good until that F-150 totaled it, so right now we're up to about 1500 miles on the 2011 :shades:

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Versa is a LEMON :lemon: in some cases. The dealership told me that they have 7% defects coming off their assembly plants.

I agree,quality does not seem to be there in the Versa or the Altima for that matter. Nissan has not addressed their CVT transmission and engine problems on the Versa. Gas mileage and vibration are other matters altogether which they are not even looking at.

Enterprise Car Rental had lots of Versas with CVT transmissions. Just last week our contact at Enterprise told us that they had lots of problems with the CVT transmission on the Versa.

So as far as we are concerned Nissan's 7% defects are not being resolved by the dealerships nor by Nissan Corporate.

I believe Nissan Corporate has committed itself to the CVT transmission as this transmission has the mass they want for their electric cars.

Why make electric cars when you can't even service the good old gas engine? :lemon: Shouldn't Nissan Corporate be taking care of its lemons :lemon:
    first?

Dixie

Dixie :lemon:
    I can't speak to the CVT since I've only had 6-speed manuals, but I have almost 100,000 miles combined on three Versas (2007, 2010, 2011) with no real issues to speak of

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I solved my clunk problem (knock on wood). For me, it was the front left hubcap. I took it off and the clunk stopped. I put it back on, and the clunk is still gone, so far. It has been clunk-free for about a whole week now. Knock on wood. I think the plastic hubcap was flexing and making that snapping/clunk sound on right turns. Good luck everyone. :)
    edited March 2011
    Kewl. Sometimes noises are really hard to track down. Checking wheelcovers is a nice, easy-to-do, and inexpensive thing to add to the checklist!

I just tracked down what I thought was a rear suspension issue on my Altima that turned out to be part of the lug wrench having worked its way out of the little bag it's stored in. When I'd start moving, the end of the wrench would bang against the inside of the well where the spare tire is stored.

• I bought a new 2009 Versa sedan 1.6 auto (no CVT) and after 47,000 km it is running well with no problems. The gas mileage driving in the city is not as good as expected, hwy mileage is good as long as you keep to the speed limit. Spare parts from Nissan: air filter and snow tire rims were double the cost I expected. I hope it does not break after the warranty.
    Does anyone know how long the Versa should last as long as I drive reasonably and do regular maintenance? How does Nissan compare to Honda or Toyota?
    I'm expecting a good long life out of our Versas. We ALWAYS keep up on the maintenance on our Nissans (10 vehicles since 1979) and have averaged over 180,000 miles per vehicle with no major issues in that time. Our 2007 Versa is up to 89,000 miles. My 2001 Altima is at 206,000, and I sold my last two Sentras at over 230,000 so it's just warming up! :P

• fiona13fiona13 Posts: 1
    My 2008 Versa 6-speed has 99,935. Work and back tomorrow should roll it over 100,000! I totally agree with pf flyer, the engine sounds as if it really needs a higher gear. Almost all my miles are highway miles so my clutch is "like new". this little car has taken me all over the country, no mechanical problems yet, the only thing this "Lil car that could" lacks is roof rails! :shades:
  • uga91uga91 Metro AtlantaPosts: 1,065
    Has anyone here bought a new Versa sedan? They look nice. I'm taking my Maxima in for maintenance tomorrow and I'll probably check it out. I have a 15 year old daughter and this car looks interesting.
  • uga91uga91 Metro AtlantaPosts: 1,065
    I looked at a 2012 Versa SV sedan on Saturday while my Maxima was being serviced. First off, it's a nice looking car. It has a lot of interior room and a large trunk. The ride was relatively smooth and quiet for a car in this price range.

It has NO power. You have to be very careful when pulling onto a busy road or merging into traffic. I live in metro Atlanta and you have to have some get up and go to be able to survive here. I know the 30 MPG in city driving is nice; but, I'd gladly drop to 27 MPG if it meant having a little more acceleration.

This car seems like a great car for my daughter in terms of size and features; but, the lack of power is going to be hard to overcome.
  • 7mary37mary3 Posts: 1
    Thanks

I will not buy one now.

You save me a lot.

7% wow that is way to high
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,640
    Same sound on my kid's '09 SL hatch and it's annoying. Took it into the dealership at least 5 times when the car was under warranty and they could never duplicate the "tapping" noise from the front right wheel well...very disappointed with Nissan and now that the car is out of warranty, we're stuck!

That and some bad paint inside the gas filler door have left a bad taste.

The Sandman :( :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

Same tapping issue as you have on our '09 SL hatch...they couldn't duplicate the noise after 5 attempts...happens after the car sits for a few hours. Left it overnight twice and still they didn't hear it which is baloney. Out of warranty now so we're stuck. Very unhappy customer and also having a paint problem with gas filler door. Nissan has probably lost us as customers now!

The Sandman :( :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

Thanks!!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

• maxx4memaxx4me Posts: 1,340
    Can anyone tell me whether the Versa Hatchback S or SL has the USB and/or IPOD port or do you have to order the complete navigation system to get it?
    I have a 2011 and 2012 Vesra S, neither with nav, and both have an ipod jack on the standard radio/cd player

• maxx4memaxx4me Posts: 1,340
    thanks pf_flyer. I guess it is the USB port which only comes with the navigation system then.
  • Made the deal of my life this last Monday: $15110 OTD on a new '12 Versa Sedan SV auto w/convenience pkg, mats, splashguards, & autodim mirror. Actual price: $13,910. Exhausting deal, but not dealer's fault...I'm a stickler & had tight parameters to work with. Recommend Jeff Wyler Eastgate to anyone within 2 hrs of Cincinnati. The most professional & honorable dealership I've ever dealt with, & I've seen many. Absolutely no attempted tricks during negotiation or in finance. Ken Bush was my salesman. Paul, Covington, KY
  • No Power? Compared to what your V6 Maxima? I have a 2012 Versa SV sedan & it seems to have plenty of power for everyday driving. The sedan has a 1.6 Liter engine & only 109 HP but it's 150#LBS lightter than last years sedan & 350#LBS lighter than the hatchback. If you want more power than just get the Hatchback because it has a 1.8 Litre 122 HP engine. I have 2 Nissan Versas, an "09" Hatchback & a "12" sedan & have not had a single problem with either car. We drive these on the highway EVERY day & routine cruise at 70 MPH & if I don't watch I sometimes do 80MPH because the ride is so smooth.
  • Wow, great deal. We bought a 2012 Versa "SV" sedan at Busam Nissan & got a pretty good deal. The stocker was $16,050 but the dealer knocked $900 off stick, then threw in a $500 rebate + gave is a more than fair $1,600 trade-in for our old 2001 car so final price was $13,000.00 & Busam automatically upgrades all their new car Nissan sales to a 7-Year 100,000 mile powertrain at no extra charge. I would definitely recommend Busam Nissan, that was by far the easiest & fastest new car purchase we have ever made.
  • That number 7% is B.S.. If I was selling an extended warranty. I would lie to you, to get you to purchase an extended warranty. 7% would mean out of a 100 car parts on the car, 7 would fail. I think their's 6,000 parts so that would be about 857 parts that go bad no way!
1235»