Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

New Civic Hybrid Owners - Give Us Your Report

2»

Comments

• Options
    etpetp Member Posts: 155
    Went to Sams and got these tires and they work great at 42PSI. Took two days for it to mellow in and the mileage to start up again. But I am back where I was with a bigger around tire.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=191936

Mine are made in Romania at the same plant the Michelins are made. I put these on the front only as I did not want to commit to 4 until I checked them out for 30 days.
  • Options
    nashvillainnashvillain Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone hit the top of their foot with the hush panel under the instrument panel when moving from the accelerator pedal to the brake pedal? There doesn't seem to be any clip to support the part of the panel that's closest to the accelerator pedal. The Service Manager said that only one other customer has complained about this, and there is no resolution. I have asked him to order another piece because the one I have may have warped from the heat and started to hang. Mine wasn't always this way - just noticed it today. The hush panel is only on the hybrid and the upscale models. I believe this qualifies as a safety concern because there is not a clear upper path between the pedals. Or maybe I just have big feet.
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter with a large financial magazine would like to speak with hybrid owners and their experiences. If you are a hybrid owner, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Wednesday, August 6th.
  • Options
    djoydjoy Member Posts: 1
    I'm not seeing much here about 2009 models but I've begun to hear about the legacy alignment problems and am wondering about my brakes, which feel a bit funny. Has Honda dealt with the alignment issues? With the brakes, it feels like the car starts to rev high when I have to come to a quick stop. I'm trying to drive like a fuel efficient old lady and usually brake very sloooowly, but when I first got the car the braking was even a little scary at times. Any comments?
  • Options
    frednjudikfrednjudik Member Posts: 22
    I have a new Honda Civic Hybrid. It has 1,700 miles on it. Break-in period is supposed to be 600 miles. The dash indicator indicates 33mpg. The Honda Dealer says that the Hybrid needs 5,000 mile break-in period before it will get the higher gas mileage. I notice also that the EMA indicator only displays when first taking off from a dead stop, meaning the electric motor is assisting. I haven't noticed it coming on at other acceleration points. Has anyone else been experiencing this with a very low miles Honda Civic Hybrid? Is it true that the Hybrid needs this long 5,000 mile break in period? I have noticed that other discussions that discuss gas mileage, it is not indicated how mileage is determined. On the instrument panel, or dividing real gallons used, into real miles?
    Thanks for any responses.
This discussion has been closed.