Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

GMC Yukon / Yukon Denali

1585960616264»

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is interested in talking with someone who considered buying a small car, but instead bought a Ford, GM or Chrysler SUV or truck after deciding that the size sacrifice wasn't worth the savings at the pump. If your experience fits this description, please send a brief overview and contact information to pr@edmunds.com by Sunday 11/27.
  • Options
    trishmo88trishmo88 Member Posts: 1
    We just bought a used Yukon Denali and hope we haven't made a mistake. After a week of driving it we were messing with all the driver information and came across the engine hours. I was shocked when it was 1940 hours. We went and looked at our gmc truck with 125000 miles and its only 402 engine hours. How could this denali with 33000 miles have that many engine hours? I'm nervous theres something funny with this SUV. It did come from the LA area, could it really be stuck in traffic that much. Otherwise the truck is incredible shape and cleanliness. SCARED!
  • Options
    snorrissnorris Member Posts: 16
    Have a 07 yukon 4x4. #2 cyl showed misfire on computer diag. After taking off valve cover doing all the checks, sending head to shop to be checked etc they now say 1 cam lobe is flat. Have 89000 on engine. I have never had a cam lobe go flat in my life and especially on these new engines. Any boady have this problem or any ideas? Thanks :confuse:
  • Options
    karsjoneskarsjones Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    I really love the trim on the Denali, but can't afford a brand new one. I've been talking to a dealer about a brand new SLT which has the options i really need which are DVD, NAV, 2nd row captains. My dealer is saying the Denaili has more stuff on it to break down the road, the big wheels are really expensive to replace etc. Part of the problem is that I can't seem to find a used 2010 or 11 Denali for sale. They are few and far between. Any thoughts? Should I hold out on the used Denali? I'll say again... I really like the trim on the Denali! Thanks!
  • Options
    gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good morning snorris,
    Was your shop one of our GM dealerships? If so, we're available to follow up on this for you. Please let us know!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    Sarah,

Yes it is. Learned yesterday that the 5yr. 100000 mile warranty is up. It belonged to the sales manager and had 6000 miles on it when I bought it as a new suv. It was delivered to them in 06 as a 07. They had it for almost a year. So I lost almost a year of the five years before I took it. I have had problems with the suv from day one so now I will probable sell it back to the dealer, with all the other problems it is not worth the money I will have to spend to fix it. The service manager has been really great trying to do all he can to help. With the warranty expired he says not much he can do. :lemon:
  • Options
    gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    I'm sorry that we've been unable to reach a better resolution for you on this. We can look further into this if you like. Please send us your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership and we'll do so. Otherwise, if you do decide to sell the vehicle, I hope that your next vehicle serves you well!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    What a shame, after hours of phone calls and e-mails absolutely no help from Gm because the warranty has lapsed (and not by much). Even though there has been problems since the day it came of the lot. New rear end at 64000 when it has never been used for towing! Cam lobe flat at 89000, it will take thousands to fix it and that does not cover the electrical and other problems. A 4x4 suv that can not realistical even be used off road and cost a ton of money! I would think after gm got baled out and we tax payers own part of you, you would try and keep us satified so we would be repeat buyers. I have owned gm trucks or suv's for 30 + yrs and have never seen such poor quality as this new generation. Needless to say I will not be fixing mine and it the last gm I will own. :lemon:
  • Options
    mjhickmjhick Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 GMC Yukon that I purchased new. I have loved this vehicle and am looking to replace soon due to age. I went to the car show recently and in looking at the newer models of the Yukon the second row Captain Chairs look MUCH MUCH smaller than in my 2003. I want second row Captain Chairs and would not buy a brand new Yukon because of those seats. What year did GMC change the Captain Chair seat size? Maybe if it wasn't too long ago I can find a good used Yukon with the seats I like. Anyone know?? Thanks!
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter would like to speak to someone who recently bought a used large truck or large SUV. If you have purchased a used large truck or SUV in the past 6 months, and you are willing to discuss your decision with a reporter, please email PR@edmunds.com no later than 1 p.m. Pacific/ 4 p.m. Eastern Wednesday, April 18, 2012 with your daytime contact information.
  • Options
    jfmarijfmari Member Posts: 2

Does anyone know if it is possible to replace the 6 disc changer in a 2003 yukon denali with a stereo? I have the delphi system but i would like to get rid of the disc changer and put in another more modern stereo in its place and still keep the delphi system up top.