Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

BMW 328i/328xi

13»

Comments

• Options
    puffin1puffin1 Member Posts: 276
    That's what I do in Maine. No way will I drive with studded rears or swap out winter and summer tires.The gas milage on my RWD drive is bad enough,but an XI AWD you might as well buy a gas station.
    Also, NC guy I flew out of Cherry Point ,NC and you rebels get 1" of snow and it's a natural disaster, with cars sliding all over the place. :shades:
  • Options
    puffin1puffin1 Member Posts: 276
    Not if you bought mine. I keep my cars mint.I got that habit from Basic School in Quantico. : :shades:
  • Options
    shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    I keep my cars mint.I got that habit from Basic School in Quantico

Are you freakin' serious? Geez, sounds like we chewed some of the same red mud in Quantico; I spent my time there back in 1977. :shades:
  • Options
    fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    Those G-Rides at Quantico aren't exactly well maintained or pampered...
  • Options
    ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,195
    Also, NC guy I flew out of Cherry Point ,NC and you rebels get 1" of snow and it's a natural disaster, with cars sliding all over the place.

This far down the coast, that only happens a day or two each winter (if that), and AWD won't keep these clowns from sliding into me. Can't really say there's a NEED for AWD in this climate.

I think my answer is that after my Volvo goes out of warranty, if I'm really itching to get out of it and can only find xi's, I might do that... but otherwise RWD is my way to go with a BMW.
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2021 VW TIguan SE 4Motion
This discussion has been closed.