Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Got a new 2007 Tahoe Z71

brafaelbrafael Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
I've had it 2 weeks and have put about 800 miles on it so far.
I like this car a lot. It rides almost as nicely as a sedan and handles well. There is enough space for my family, luggage and large dog. Highway mileage has been about 25mpg, city is about 12mpg. It is E85 ready, unfortunately there is only 1 station in my area that has E85 and I can buy normal gas for less than he sells E85 for. Before deciding on this I drove a Toyota 4runner,Sequoia, Landcruiser, Land Rover LR3, Armada, Ford Excursion, Jeep Commander and Aspen. The 4runner was nice, but it is too cramped inside and has no storage. The sequoiz, LR3, Armada, excursion and aspen drive awful. The LR3 was certainly the worst, uncomfortable too. I like the landcruiser, but it is a little pricey and did not have the storage of the Tahoe. The jeep commander drove nicely but it was not comfortable and had poor storage.
There are only a few things I would change on the Tahoe. It needs a larger rear window, it has blind spots like a semi. Chevy for some reason does not offer blue tooth and I do not have Verizon so I cannot use my minutes on the Tahoes phone system. I hate XM and wish they had given me the option of Sirius.
The engine compartment is the cleanest I've seen since the 1960's. My only beef there is the placement of the battery. I can only assume they put it there because they do not want people to change there own battery. It is at the rear of the engine compartment and has a support above it that would make it difficult to remove and difficult to jump start. Very bad design, there is plenty of space at the front of the engine compartment to put the battery.
It comes with 2 rails on the roof, but does not come with the cross rails. The cross rails are about $250, I think I will look for some aftermarket ones.

All in all I like the vehicle and am looking forward to long trips in it. I just need to figure out how to get a little betterr mileage in the city.

Comments

• Options
    rjt427rjt427 Member Posts: 26
    I have a 2007 LTZ that I got about two weeks ago,I love it also. The reason the battery is there is that I read somewhere that chevy is going to put diesel engines in Tahoes sometime in 08 so the other battery will go in the front spot.
  • Options
    Congrats on your LTZ.
    That may be the reason, I still say it is a bad design. One day I will need to change the battery and I will be cursing when that happens.
  • Options
    Yea that is a bad place to put a battery chevy should have put the gas engine one in the front and the other spot for the diesel.
  • Options
    martin22martin22 Member Posts: 53
    Our dealer told me that the forward carrier was for locating an auxiliary battery for a camping trailer. Any truth in this?
  • Options
    I don't know anything about that,maybe that is true.Time will only tell about that.
  • Options
    z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    If the dealer wants $250 go to another dealer -

The MSRP is only $45
  • Options
    It's $45 if you get it with the car new from the factory.
    It's a whole lot more later.
This discussion has been closed.