Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2010 Lexus RX 350

Comments

• Options
    wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    I'm going to wait for a Venza HSD.

Or:

http://www.toyota.com/concept-vehicles/hybridx.html

Even:

http://www.toyota.com/concept-vehicles/abat.html

e/CVT as a given and rear drive via the new Venza and 2010 RX350 design.

Venza's I4 but displacement downsized in accordance with the adoption of DFI and a variable speed positive displacement SuperCharger using Atkinson/Miller/West design concept.

If the CX-7 doesn't get there first.

Better yet would be a R/awd HSD using the new Venza dual clutch coupling concept, like the new Porsche C4.
  • Options
    rparisrparis Member Posts: 368
    Thank you for the detailed response. I am driving a 2001 with a bit over 100k miles on it. Car works great,no problems, but only worth about $6k for a trade. The only thing I dislike about my present car is the large turning radius which was corrected a year or two after my vehicle year. The new car has many features I would like.
  • Options
    For what it might be worth I was told that the 2010 RX450h documentation would not be made available on techinfo.toyota.com until may.

I'm very curious as to how they have managed to Atkinsonize a V6 engine. Absent a positive displacement SuperCharger as Mazda did (which makes it a Miller cycle engine), or some sort of one-way flow valving, "reed" valve, as used in 2-cycle engines it seems an impossibility to me.
  • Options
    hal56hal56 Member Posts: 94
    psu77:

I put in an order on the hybrid but its really a priority position. I told them color pref and option preferences--with a tilt toward loading it up except for HUD, Rear Entertainment and park asst.

Now its just wait till something comes in close enough to what we want.

I have a lot of info on energy and the future. If our economy recovers we will easily see $5 gasoline in a couple of years and we probably will have shortages.

Its complex but overall supply is decreasing worldwide, and asian countries are growing use as much as we decline. But world wide we arw using ~86 million barrels a day and refinery capacity at 100% is 93mbd--but effectively all we can squeeze out is ~85mbd. And thats also limited from exploeation/production which is in decline.

Sio I want teh hybrid because i think gasoline wil become precious and expensive. If we are cut back--the military and commercial (ie food delivery to stores) will come first and not cut back leaving the brunt of shortage on backs of daily drivers.

So 5k more for a hybrid is not a bad idea. Repl the batteries down the road is something to deal with down the road--but idf we have shortages, reg fuel cars will not be all that desirable either.
  • Options
    And then "re-plumb" the intake for CNG, "home brewed" CNG, and you're off and running.
  • Options
    houmihoumi Member Posts: 21
    IMHO it's not worth it...

http://sporkforge.com/finance/gas_cost.php

Put both car's costs and you can play with how many miles you drive a year + gas cost... you can start @ $3 and go all the way to $5.
  • Options
    scao1scao1 Member Posts: 7
    I put down deposit $500.00 for dealer to order the RX350 2010 AWD (because they don't have it in stock). First, dealer told me to wait for 6weeks (middle of May I should have the car), but today they called and told me that the car should be avail. to Mid June (they told me Lexus will build it on June 6th). I just felt like the dealer play game here....Have any one have experience in this case? I should continue to wait or cancel it (I can get my deposit back since they told me I can)?

Another question is pricing: do this price is good or....?
    here is the car option I buy it out of the door (include 3% tax and fee) close to $42K:
    RX350 AWD 2010
    Premiun pkg
    19 inches wheel
    Tow Prep.
    Wood/leather steering wheel and shift knob
    12 spearkers
    Cargo net and mat
    Wheel lock
    Remote start
    backup camera in rear view miror
    heater/vented fron seat

Thanks
  • Options
    rparisrparis Member Posts: 368
    What is MSRP and cost of vehicle before tax, registration, etc?
  • Options
    The dealer may very well have sold your earlier delivery "slot" to the "higher" bidder. They have NO legal obligation to sell it to you even once it arrives, and you would have no legal recourse anyway.

Your best bet is to go on the internet and place your custom order with a dealer that needs/wants your business.
  • Options
    Your should NEVER expect, nor encourage, cut rate pricing on a CUSTOM order. Cut rate pricing just adds to the modivation for the dealer to sell it to the next higher bidder once it arrives, or even before.
  • Options
    omgl777omgl777 Member Posts: 15
    Anyone experiencing any problems with the manuel a/c temp controls on the new 2010 RX 350? The buttons on the far bottom for the driver and passenger temp controls, with Navi package. Mine seem to have stopped working and I can only change the temperature by using Voice command. Am I missing something? Did I press a wrong button? Thanks.
  • Options
    smr36smr36 Member Posts: 59
    I can't offer a direct solution but suggest a call to the service dept. of your dealer should answer your question.
  • Options
    Thanks....it's weird, everything else works great. It's just those buttons. Maybe it blew a fuse. Anyway, taking it back to the dealer for them to take care of it. It's only 3 months old.
  • Options
    tyler70tyler70 Member Posts: 82
    Hi Omg.
    can you please let me know what the voice commands work in the new RX ? I have a 2005 ES and the voice commands are limited in the way that you got to say the exact commands otherwise it does not work. is that the same in the new RX or they are more casual?? can you give me a couple sample off casual commands ?? also does the navigation work as DVD player also ?? thanks
  • Options
    By default the driver side control the temperure of both sides. If you press Dual button, the passenger can set the temperure for themself.
    The Dual is located between the Auto and AC buttons
  • Options
    thorsthors Member Posts: 35
    1st time poster...we are looking at the 2010 RX 350 and don't want the Navigation system, however want the dual dvd system. Our dealer (Palm Beach) has an option for headrest ones that we like (we don't like the kind that go behind the headrest or over etc..) with Invision. They have a website, but just tells about their product etc. We also like the fact that you don't have to "open a door" to insert the disc. Anyone have info on Invision and this product....price paid, quality, opinions greatly appreciated.
    Also debating on lease vs purchase. The one we saw was about $42,995 and since we were just looking, didn't commit to memory all the options. However, seems like it's the prem/comfort and parts of the luxury (upgraded steering wheel, gearknob, 19" tires, ). Most of the ones in the showroom were packaged about the same. What price should would be a fair one to negotiate? We are not looking to go today, but at the end of the month or even July/Aug. We have a Nissan Murano lease ending 7/1, but can make do with 1 vehicle for a bit in the summer if it affords a better deal.
    Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    Hey Tyler, The new Navi VO is actually quite awesome. You can tell it "68 degrees" and it will set the a/c to that temp. Also, you can ask it, "Show me Italian resturants" and it finds all the near by places to your car. you can also say "weather" and it will tell you the forecast. It's very impressive. In regards to the DVD, I didn't get it with DVD, but I think it can be hooked up too.

thx
  • Options
    Thanks, but that wasn't the problem. Nothing was happening when I would either press the driver's side or passenger side, as it was frozen. It seemed to correct itself when I plotted a a new route on the Navi. Oh well. Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    Jiust as "captive" gps/nav systems should get a "pass", so should "captive" DVD players.
  • Options
    tyler70tyler70 Member Posts: 82
    hi OMG
    I cant wait until I get behind the wheel. I am waiting a little longer until after the demand is lower. I am also hoping that Lexus will have some kind of incentive after summer, the prices I have been seeing are apprx 2k - 4k off the MSRP. My goal is to pay apprx $1k over invoice only. but boy ! waiting is hard. everytime I see a new RX drives by, it makes my head turns. I guess the only thing left I like to see is more hardwood inside. I think hardwood makes it really luxurious but the 2010 does not a much woodtrim as the 2009. thanks again.
  • Options
    wrahnwrahn Member Posts: 45
    Does anyone have experience installing Weathertech floor mats and cargo liner in their RX350 2010?

Since I live in Florida with the sand and rain, I have always installed custom liners in my Lexus. Both in the front and back, as well as, in the cargo area. I've used different manufactures, but this year only WeatherTech is selling a custom fitted cargo liner and Extreme Duty Floors Mats for front and back. I'm trying to decide it the "custom fit" is in fact a good fit for the 2010.

Thanks for any input you might provide,

Wes
  • Options
    degirldegirl Member Posts: 45
    I am negotiating a 2010 rx 350 MSRP 43,156. I have received offers of $39,945. The dealer told me that is $500.00 over invoice. Compared to Edmunds it is about $2,700 over invoice. He offered to show me their invoice. I feel they can print up an invoice depicting anything they want. Where do you think the difference in price is? Also do you think the cash for clunkers will increase the cost of vehicles artificially since the dealers know the buyers will be getting poss incentives of $1000-4,500 gratis uncle sam?
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    No personal experience but Weathertech mats enjoy a good reputation.
  • Options
    carbuyer_2009carbuyer_2009 Member Posts: 8
    CostcoAuto is a good place to find invoice prices. Just get the detailed option list of your car, then go to http://www.costcoauto.com/research/buildvehicle.aspx?trimid=309663 and click on "select options" tab, then you can see the MSRP & invoice of each option. Add them up, you will see if dealer is showing you real figures or not.
  • Options
    Or just click New Cars above and drill down. Edmunds has all that info.

Degirl, assuming you're comparing similar invoices (same options, etc.) then there's no good reason that I can think of to explain that big of a difference. Did you ask them?

Speculation about the affect Cash for Clunkers will have on pricing is all over the place. Edmunds issued a press release yesterday that suggested that the legislation would directly result in fewer than 250,000 sales. If so, that would mean that fewer people will be buying than the dealers hope.

There are lots of shuttered car factories right now, and most of them build SUVs and trucks. The factories that aren't closed have shut down shifts or lowered production. So the numbers of SUVs available has decreased, causing prices to rise. Or so I've heard.
  • Options
    Hi Steve,
    I bulit vehicle on Edmunds and NADA site exacte same car total were the same. I was advised by dealership that edmunds base price on an 2110 Rx 350 is incorrect. Edmunds site list invoice at 33,998 dealer states actual invoice is 34,571. Nada list same invoice as Edmunds. Dealer also advised me there is a $ 669.00 advertising fee per vehicle (how ridiculous) The destination charge also recently went up by $50.00. I think the manufacterers/dealers are inflating prices knowing the cash for clunkers is on the table. Thay make me sick. GREEDY B's
  • Options
    I suggest you focus on the out the door price (Out The Door (OTD) Pricing questions) and get several quotes from dealers in your area (or even not in your area). There's a dealer quote service on the main Edmunds.com page.

By focusing on an OTD price, you don't have to worry about haggling over such idiotic items like a $669 ad fee.
  • Options
    Hi Steve,

I have received several internet quotes. I am not sure how the C4C plays into the price of the vehicle. I know the details have not been finalized re: the program but, I have a 96 blazer with 16 mpg combined and intend to buy a 2010 rx350 with 20 mpg combined (figures obtained from fuel economy .gov website) and msrp of less than $44,000 so I think I qualify for a $3,500 voucher but, I don't know where that plays in to the negotiated sales price. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    I think there's going to be a blip in demand and many of the factories that make trucks and SUVs have been idled for a while. More demand means fewer deals, and less stock also may mean less selection.

So ... the $3,500 is going to be nice, but hang on to your wallet. But the dealers may be assuming that the rush to buy new cars is going to be stronger than it may actually be.

(How's that for covering the bases? Your guess is as good as mine - better really, since you're out there actively kicking tires).
  • Options
    scriptohio1scriptohio1 Member Posts: 1
    I have used Weathertech floor mats in my RX330 and RX350 and they are perfect in fit and function. I also have the cargo liner and wouldn't be with out it. My Lexus dealer sells the Weathertech product at the dealership and the mats are a bit more sturdy and more flexible than the factory product. I first thought I would just use them for our Ohio winters but the do such a great job of catching all the grit that they are only removed for cleaning. I bought my son a set of floor liners for his jeep and he really likes them but I think they are a bit too industrial for my Lexus.
  • Options
    lexusboblexusbob Member Posts: 4
    I just leased a 2010 RX 350 from Chatham Lexus of Savannah, Georgia. I had sent a number of requests to lease to 7 Lexus Dealers and found the best lease right here in Savannah. I live in Bluffton, SC a few miles north of the dealer. The General Manager, Brad was easy to deal with and wants your business. I use a single-pay lease which amounts to making one payment up front for three years and 45,000 miles, no monthly lease payments and no interest on that portion of the lease program. I paid $20,000 tax, tag and title for the new vehicle without a trade of further cash down - that is all for three yeara of use. Great deal!
  • Options
    Hi guys...more problems came out after the A/C. Lexus replaced the radio system, which oddly enough is connected to the climate control. Well, this is also connected to the Navi system which is now not working well. My car has been back 4 times to get these problems fixed. Right now, it's still at the dealer, has been all week, they are trying to "learn" how to fix my problems. I was told I'm being the genuine pig with the new model, that everyone is learning. Great.

Be for warned, I would have waited longer to buy this car had I not had trust in Lexus. Shame on me.

Good luck with yours.
  • Options
    I can answer my own question. I bought the Weather Tech fitted cargo liner for my 2010 RX350 and it's a good fit. Of course it's best to removed the Lexus cargo mat if you got one with the car.

Wes
  • Options
    komandurikomanduri Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I am looking for a new RX 350 - 2010 model. Based on initial quotes, dealers are reducing a maximum of $2K on the MSRP. Is this the best price every one getting in Dallas / Fort Worth? Any suggestions on your experience and recommendations.

Regards,
    komanduri
  • Options
    Most of the pricing talk happens in the Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion so head over that way. Have fun shopping!
  • Options
    Hi Komanduri,
    Here is my deal from NC.
    I got the RX350 2010 FWD at the end of May 09.
    Option:
    preminun pkg
    19' wheel
    remote start engine
    backup camera (rear mirrow)
    12 speakers
    leather trim steering wheel and shift
    Glass break sensor
    vent and heat the front seats
    cargo net, mat....
    I paid $40,500 "out the door" mean including tax(3%) and fee.
    The msrp for my car is $43,300

I don't know it was a good dealer or not.
  • Options
    Of course, we don't know what fees you paid, but I think it was a good deal compared to my deal.

When I drove my RX 350 out the door, I paid more than the MSRP due to the taxes (7%) and fees.

Wes
  • Options
    ronnie1618ronnie1618 Member Posts: 1
    Which dealer in NC did you purchase from? The ones I have talked to are only willing to go about $2k under MSRP. Any details would be appreciated.
  • Options
    smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Hi, I was thinking of getting a 2010 RX350 AWD with the premium package for around $43,265 and some change. The only item this equipped vehicle doesn't come with that I would really like to have is Xenon HID headlights. Lexus makes it difficult that in order to get them in the comfort package you also have to get the nav and stereo package pushing the price up to almost $47,000 and I don't want the navigation system. In the 2010 brochure the HID Xenon lights are listed as a option extra so I wanted to know if it is possible to pay the service department and have Lexus put them in after the fact? Will Lexus allow you to do this? Any information would be greatly helpful and pricing figures might be helpful.
  • Options
    An "official" Lexus HID headlight kit would likely run upwards of $2500 and the labor to install (rear axle height sensor, autoleveling control ECU, headlight assemblies) would undoubtedly eat up the remainder of your "savings". There are aftermarket HID upgrade/retrofit kits on Ebay for as little as $100. Not autoleveling, but.....

The best of those, Hi/Lo/Bi-xenon projectors, would run ~$250 and would require "baking" the headlight assembly to remove/reinstall the plastic front cover.

If you "eject" the DVD in the GPS/Nav player it is not such a nuisance to live with an always inactive "captive" nav system. Our Garmin NUVI is head and shoulders an improvement over the captive one.

Personally I'm holding off a possible purchase until one of the following gets a DFI engine.

A. The Venza 4 cylinder F/awd.

B. The RX350 F/awd

C. The RX450h f/AWD.

But first on my list would be a Sienna/H f/AWD using the new F/awd system and the new I4 with DFI, or maybe even a F/awd Sienna with a DFI I4.
  • Options
    smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Hi, I was curious to find out if anyone knows if Lexus will allow you to order a RX350 the way you want it? I've been to two different Lexus dealerships, one said that you could not order one yet another one said it was possible but it would take 3 months to come in from Lexus so you see I've gotten conflicting opinions so I was hoping to hear from someone who has ordered one and how the process went?
  • Options
    evinrudeevinrude Member Posts: 12
    Of course you can order a 2010 RX350. I just placed an order with Lexus of Palm Beach for same. They told me it would take 3-4 months and I said ok. Dealers don't seem to want to order vehicles and they do everything they can to discourage it.
  • Options
    smr36smr36 Member Posts: 59
    Bought the new RX in June and after 1 month and 1k miles noticed air conditioning and driver side windows wouldn't function. Problem was a rat decided in make it's home in the dash and chewed up wiring and even took a bite out of the leather around the steering wheel. The rat was still in the car when I returned it to the dealer for repair. The vehicle was so new that Lexus didn't have the replacement parts readily available. After over 2 weeks I finally got the vehicle back today fully restored along with a repair bill of $9,388 of which $3,600 was for labor. Total cost was about 20% of what I paid for the vehicle new. Good news was that I was out only the $500. deductible. Bottom line - great car but dealer repairs are expensive.
  • Options
    chelentanochelentano Member Posts: 634
    really? there is a deductible on new car warranty?
  • Options
    loachloach Member Posts: 246
    New car warranties don't cover damage caused by animals. Comprehensive auto insurance does.
  • Options
    chelentanochelentano Member Posts: 634
    oh, of course, I did not read the whole message and didn't realize it's a damage by rat
  • Options
    cwaynecwayne Member Posts: 81
    Just purchased 2010 RX350, new car book recommends 91 octane. Does lower
    octaine work well?
  • Options
    cwaynecwayne Member Posts: 81
    Has anyone had after market backup sensors installed on 2010 RX350?
    I have the backup camera but like sensors better. Any installers in Tampa, Fl?
  • Options
    This issue has been covered in other threads. Do a 'Search" for all the information.

The bigger problem is that most gas station don't have 91. Your choice is 89 or 93.

Wes
  • Options
    jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    Really? Where do you live? In SoCal, all the gas stations I go have 87,89, and 91 octane.

One comment about OP's question. I am always amazed when people spend north of $40k to buy a luxury vehicle, and then balk at filling it with premium fuel. We are talking about $3 difference per fill-up here, or around $200 more per year if your annual mileage is 12,000.

I am not an engineer, but I am sure the manufacturer did not recommend the premium fuel just for the heck of it. The benefits are likely to include smoother/quieter engine, better performance, and maybe even better MPG. To me, these definitely worth the $200 per year cost.

Each to his own.