Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Avalon Extra Power Outlet

avalon2006avalon2006 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Toyota
I have a 2006 Avalon XLS. Can anyone suggest how I can install built-in extra cigarette lighters? Do they make them? Where can I buy them? I don't want the dangling cigarette expanders you can buy at Wal-Mart for $10. I want something built-in, professional looking. I need 3 cigarette lighters, use them for TV, electronic gadgets, etc. I'm not a smoker.

Comments

• Options
    tourbustourbus Member Posts: 14
    Avalon 2006, don't know if you solved the lighter problem, but I also wanted a power point other then the two buried within the console. I finally ran a line from the fuse box located under the dash on the drivers side. There should be a few spare fuse holders in the box that you can fit a fuse with a pigtail in. Attach a wire to this pigtail, run it up under the dash to the console and attach the new power point (I screwed mine on). Worked for me. I power a Garmin GPS and a Valentine 1 radar detector with no problems. If you locate the power point toward the back of the console it is even hard to see when not in use.
  • Options
    Hi Tourbus,

Interesting idea.I'm going to look into that, thanks.
  • Options
    mikes.mikes. Member Posts: 337
    If you don't want to do this yourself a car audio store can easily do it for you and usually for a low cost. I had 2 added to my 05 Avalon for less then a 100 bucks.

I'm already planning to add at least 1 to my new 08.
  • Options
    I got a quote this evening for $75.00 to add 3 power points to the back face of the console. Below the A/C vents to the back seats.
  • Options
    $75 seems reasonable. Who's doing the work? Can you email me pics? I would really appreciate that. Thanks.
  • Options
    For the 75 bucks they are going to run a fused 10 ga circuit from the battery thru the firewall, under the carpet and to the console. Then wire in the 3 power points.

"They" are Rhino Linings of Winchester, Va.They have done several things to my Tacoma truck and do nice work at decent prices. Good people to deal with.
This discussion has been closed.