Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2007 Saturn Aura

13»

Comments

• Options
    jalindcojalindco Member Posts: 2
    Our Aura is a beautiful car, but has had nothing but problems!

The latest is the "Service Traction" warning light in the dash. The car lurches and clunks. This car does not drive smoothly at all. Bought it used last August for a young driver in the family (who is making the car payments, and not pleased with the car at all). We got another Saturn b/c my 2004 Vue has 230K with no problems and we've had an L series, two of the early S series cars, and generally buy GM.

I have a diagnostic appointment at a dealer in Nashua NH for 7/18. Is the car safe to drive? Will it just die in the road? is this a transmission problem? a hybrid problem? What are my recourses for a car with only 70k on it and LOTS of payments left? HELP please. :cry: :lemon: ????
  • Options
    booda1booda1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone, I have a 2007 Saturn Aura XR (51K)...and Traction control has gone on and off for the past few months...just recently car was running really rough while driving...parked and it now does not start...and i just serviced vehicle ...now mechanic says my timing chain "jumped" and I may have to replace engine due to related damages...I fell at a total loss because it is an arm and a leg to replace engine...can anyone shine some light on this bad news of mine...
  • Options
    onefunkaronefunkar Member Posts: 113
    call gm and ask for help. this was a common problem on older 3.6 v6. they are well aware of the problem.
  • Options
    jalindcojalindco Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the tip. I have a couple of these 3.6L engine cars...will stay in touch with GM.
  • Options
    kelly94kelly94 Member Posts: 1
    I am hoping that you can help me! I am very frustrated. Reading sooo many posts that are having the same issues that I am with my 2007 Saturn Aura. I have spent more than$2000 on recent issues, grinding, clunking signs to no avail. I am now being told it is gears in the steering column. Help!
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello kelly94,

I am more than happy to help look into your situation. Please Email us at socialmedia(at)gm.com and include a brief overview of your situation. Also include your contact information, VIN and current mileage.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    GM Customer Care
  • Options
    saturn07ngsaturn07ng Member Posts: 2
    This is general synopses of the 2007 Saturn Aura XE. I bought my car in the show room. If I had known that Saturn was discontinuing making this car, I WOULD HAVE NEVER BOUGHT IT! I have had 6 brand new cars and have never had problems with any of them for the first 5 years.

I had headlights to all go out at the same time and was told that it was regular maintenance at a tone of $584. GM customer service is a joke! I have had rotors put on my car for the second time in 2000 miles. I hear noises coming from the steering and wonder if the car will just fall apart.

Now my car will not lock into park. The shift just goes past neutral and reverse and will not lock. I am so sick of this car! It has blemished the SATURN name as being a very good car. Good luck everyone with our piece of junk!
  • Options
    jordan40jordan40 Member Posts: 109

@trange said:
    I will try to keep this short... I bought a used 07' Aura XR (18" rims) with 30,000 miles on it a few weeks ago and I assumed that the Vibration I was feeling in the steering wheel at 60mph + speeds was the low tread on the tires and the 1 bent rim.

I went out last week and bought 4 Goodyear's and had them put the bent rim on the rear of the vehicle. (they said the bent rim wasn't that bad and since it was on the rear, it should be fine.

Took it out on the freeway and the same vibration is STILL there! IT'S in the steering wheel, the seats, and even the dash. SO I had them put on 4 brand new Uniroyal Tiger Paws. That same vibration is still everywhere once I hit 60 + mph. (not at speeds below)

The brake pads and rotors need to be replaced (front & rear) so I am going to try that next EVEN though the vibration happens when I am not braking. A guy at the tire shop told me that the rotors could be out of round???

Any ideas anyone??? If replacing the pads/rotors does not do it, it's time to go back to the dealership that I bought it from.

I know that it's not a Cadillac but really???

Ideas???

Thanks

get the bent rim replaced

• Options
    kmarrerokmarrero Member Posts: 1

I just got off the phone with GM Corporate. They again are refusing to take responsibility for the brake issue on the Saturn Aura. I bought a 2007 Saturn Aura new. At 27,300 I had to replace the brakes and rotors. Then at 46,000 I had to replace the brakes and have the calipers cleaned. I finally gave up and traded in the car because of GMs refusal to take responsibility for the AURA brake problems. This morning I reported General Motors to the NHTSA (888) 327-4236 and to the Federal Trade Commission (877) 382-4357. GM says they will not reimburse me until there is a recall. Please report your problems so we can force a recall. The number to GM Corporate for Saturn is (800) 553-6000.

• Options
    luvmyauraluvmyaura Member Posts: 1
    Well after reading everything, I'm happy I have over 140,000 on my aura xr and have had it since 2010 and it had 32,000 when I got it. I have had no problems with it until this year AFTER it was vandelized.  I have no so many issues but getting one by one dealt with myself so far. One is my brake lights now staying on after I start my car. I have found out by messing with it, if I left up on my brake pedal a little....it will turn off until I press them again and do it every time I stop and then take off. But I'm going to do the grease trick to see if that helps before I move on to calibrating them. But I also have 22 other codes I have to work out as well....one being the camshaft sensor and more like that. But what is crazy about it all is that it runs great! I had a dealer look at the codes and they said it shouldn't even be running with all these codes showing but it is......and very well. It's so fast and have no problems with it running. So I can't understand why I have all these codes showing and it running like a dream. But I will post and fixed I do to each one. Crazy car but I love her.