Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Mercedes E-Class

Comments

• What do you all think about this?
    1) 2010 E350 - P1 option, metallic paint
    2) 39 months lease
    3) 10,000 miles/yr
    3) 3,000 down payment - dealer does not specify if the down payment includes DMV, first month lease payment etc etc
    4) monthly payments of $699 plus CA tax - which comes to about $761/month
    Surely some one is aware of a much better deal some place - willing to get into vehicle this weekend if better deal can be had. Thanks for your input/suggestions.
  • aeggroupaeggroup Posts: 130
    I got my car couple days ago and here is my numbers. You compare for yourself.
    1) 2010 E350 4matic - which is $2,500 more than regular car.
    2) black ( no color charge ), P2 ($6K ), wheel package ( $750 ) , MSRP - $59,xxx
    3) 15,000 miles a year - $2,200 due at sign in ( includes bank fee, first payment and DMV)
    4) monthly payment $775 including NY sales tax.
  • aeggroup:
    Thanks for your prompt response - the side by side comparison makes for an interesting encounter with the dealer. Have a wonderful weekend.
    know of any dealer in northern California/Sacramento area willing to match your numbers? No harm in asking etc etc - you never know!!!
  • aeggroupaeggroup Posts: 130
    I can't help you with CA, I'm in NY, but i'm sure you can do better than what you've got. Ask them how much off MSRP. In today's economy it should be no less than $6K off. Money factor ( interst rate ) is 0.00259 for 39 months.
    Good luck.
  • Hi all,

Recently got a 2010 E350, and I believe the MPG on it is slightly worse than my 2007 E350 (both cars had RWD). Anyone notice a similar drop off? Thanks!
  • 1st - are u on the RAMBUS investor village site?

2nd - Did you end up with a lease. If so, what were the numbers? If not, a friend of mine is a car wholesaler that works with the entertainment industry and can definately help you with getting a car. The best part, they deliver to yoru house.
  • Probable cause is ethanol! In 2007, you were probably still running 100% gasoline and now it is up to 10% ethanol. Noticed significant decrease in my cars when they started putting ethanol in it.
    Write your Congressman!
  • retnavretnav Posts: 25
    Comment to post 57. I have a 2010 E 350-4matic Luxury model. I do not like the Continental tires either. I don't really notice the noise, but here in Virginia in the cold weather the tires develop flat spots if the car is not driven for a couple of days. I really liked the Michelins on my 2003 and will replace the Continentals when the time comes. I like this car, but it is a P-3 compared to an F-14 ( my 2003). I would like to be able to raise the drivers seat slightly more, and I definitely prefer real leather to the faux leather MB has moved to. My 2010 does not build the black brake dust on the wheels which is real plus. Overall I continue to be an MB fan.
  • I understand the CLK replacement is an E350 Cabriolet (convertible) which I've heard will be available in May. Anyone have any ideas if it will be available in 4Matic? Thanks!
  • dkim1dkim1 Posts: 10
    I purchased my 2010 E 350 4matic in 8/09 after considering 2009 model. I like the new sharper look in the front but the rear could be more defined . I had a chance to drive a C 350 during my last service and noticed that it looks and drives very similar to the new 2010E model. It almost seems that the new 2010 E is a recentl C 350 with little more gadgets.
    Does anyone know how to repair the uneven volume on the satelitte radio vs other functions such as am/fm/disc function? Whenever I change to the satelite station, I have to increased the volume by about 3 notches, then when I change it back to other functions, the volume gets so loud that my ears ache. any suggestions?
  • I answered my own question. I contacted MB and they tell me that the car will not be available in 4matic. Boo Hoo! Who knows, maybe somewhere down the road, but now right away.
  • Also considered the 2009, but then saw pics and features of 2010 and waited. Got E350 Luxury with P1, Palladium silver. Very pleased, especially with the features and styling-inside and out.
    Ironically, a lady stopped me in the grocery store parking lot the other day and said "That's the most beautiful car I have ever seen." Exactly and only had the car 10 weeks.
    Didn't get compliments from strangers when I owned Nissan 330Zx, Saab 900 Turbo, Mazda Rx-7 convertible.
    :)
  • Sirius signal is weaker-therefore lower volume.
  • Did any one find a Mud flap that will fit on the E-350 sport
  • Yes, you are absolutely right. I show a drop of 2 mpg when I fill up my tank. Its a mix drive of 85% freeway to 15% surface street.
    My previous car was a 2007 E350 compared to my recent 2010 E350.
    Wonder why :confuse:
  • Jason5Jason5 Posts: 440
    Looking at a black E350 Sport 4 matic with Package 1, 5 spoke wheels.. Was able to negotiate for about $3500 under MSRP and the 3.9% financing currently available. Reasonably good deal?
  • golfhardgolfhard Posts: 16
    i paid 600 under invoice and i could have done better if i went to NYC...
  • Jason5Jason5 Posts: 440
    Thanks Golfhard...I'd say that was an exceptional deal but the fleet discount certainly added to that. How did you come by that? We felt reasonably good about the deal given we have one dealer in this part of Pennsylvania and didn't want to go Philly for a better deal. Last question of the night....do you find that it's TRULY necessary to use premium? I've always been skeptical of it being presented as a "need".
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Posts: 495
    edited March 2010
    "Fleet" discounts are available through insurance companies, credit unions and so forth according to posts on other sites. Got $2,000 off through my insurance company after I made my best deal. Often you don't know unless you contact your insurance company or credit union.
    Good luck!
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Posts: 495
    Two other very good sites are benzworld.com and mbworld.com. For 2010 E class, look under sedans and then W212 (M-B nomenclature for latest E class).