Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2009 MDX programmed info mysteriously erased??

pg2009pg2009 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Acura
Hi, i have an '09 MDX purchased a few months ago, only have a few hundred miles on it but had programmed maybe a dozen addresses, XM presets, voice-activated phone numbers to dial and changed screen/program settings and preferences, and added a PIN.

Started car today after not having driven it for a few weeks and all of this was gone - only things remaining were home address (but without phone #) and bluetooth link to my phone - everything else was gone!

Any idea what would cause this?? I was using same key I normally use, battery hadn't died/no other issues w the car. What could have caused the whole system to reset?

Comments

• Options
    sfbayalamedasfbayalameda Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I've had this happen a two times on my 09 Tech/Ent as well. In my case, for some random reason, the car did not properly detect that driver 1 was entering the car. In my case, I noticed because all my radio station presets were missing.

No problem. Turn off the car, and re-enter. Make sure on the little screen it says "Welcome" AND "Driver 1".

Hope that helps if it's similar to your case.
  • Options
    pg2009pg2009 Member Posts: 2
    Got it, thanks. And yup, that appears to have been the issue - I put in the key this afternoon and everything was back to normal, though interestingly, I had re-programmed 6 of the XM presets and it remembered those on one of the modes (XM2) and the original ones on XM1. Strange! Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.