Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car wash question

roiegatroiegat Member Posts: 2
We just got a 2006 T&C and I noticed that the antenna isn't the kind that can be put down. Is it still safe to go through a car wash with it? I would assume so, but wanted to get other people's feedback.

Comments

• Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,798
    I am not sure where the antenna is located on the '06, but I have a '98 DGC that has a vertical antenna located in front of the 'A' pillar on the passenger side. I have taken it through a couple of automatic car washes and have had no problems with it.; it is flimsy enough to flex to the pressures exerted by the washing machinery.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    larawaylaraway Member Posts: 5
    Car wash here in Tucson, ALWAYS tapes the rear lights in as they go thru the wash. My neighbor came home the other day w/o one lens, said he was at car wash, went back, not there??
  • Options
    carfreak23carfreak23 Member Posts: 1
    I've had my antenna broken too many times! instead, I only use hand washing services now. I found a great site www.carwashbooker.com that will come to you and wash your car, basically anywhere in the country..it's pretty amazing and I haven't had any broken antennas!! :)
  • Options
    annfromjerseyannfromjersey Member Posts: 38
    Our 08 T&C antenna screws off for the car wash. I had no idea until the attendant took if off and put it on the front seat.
  • Options
    johnwillsonjohnwillson Member Posts: 1
    Special Car Wash Toronto – Car Wash & Detailing: Introduces best Car Wash in GTA, Hand Car Wash, Auto detailing, Mobile Car Wash & Detailing services from professional car detailers in Toronto, Ontario. We cater for Cars, SUVs, Trucks and Vans.

Toronto Car Wash Services