Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Saturn Vue Battery light

no1txgurlno1txgurl Member Posts: 2
edited January 2014 in Saturn

Hi i started having an issue with my battery light coming on and staying on so everyone told me change the alternator. So i did. 4 days later the battery light came back on and now i have it in the shop, alternator check came out good, battery check came out good and starter check came out good.
I haven't had any issues with the car before now, i have made several long trips, bought it brand new and have 69,000 miles on it. I love my car, but I am scared to find out what it's going to cost to fix it. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

So you changed the alternator and that "fixed" the problem for 4 days? Is that what happened?

• Options
    no1txgurlno1txgurl Member Posts: 2

yes that's right, i just spoke to the garage and he said the fusible link from the starter to alternator burned out.

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

So he changed the alternator because the fusible link had burned out, and then the battery light went out, and then came back on in 4 days? We need to know the exact sequence of events in order to make any coherent comments on the problem.