Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Volkswagen Jetta Prices Paid and Buying Experience

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited February 2014 in Volkswagen
Welcome to the Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Volkswagen Jetta leasing questions.

Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 Jetta, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Volkswagen Jetta page.

To see all forums discussions about the Volkswagen Jetta, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Volkswagen Jetta discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• Options
    libromanlibroman Member Posts: 2
    Hi guys I am a totally new to car buying so I really need some advice on these two quotes:

2013 Jetta SE basic MSRP 20,910 Driveout 20,000

2014 Jetta S basic MSRP 28557 Driveout 18000

I am in TX so the tax is 6.25%. Do you think this two price is good or not?
  • Options
    rrocksrrocks Member Posts: 13
    Is that MSRP on the 2014 correct? (28557)

The later model for $2K less sounds better if you are trying to save money, but is there something in the SE that you really want? I believe the engine in the SE has more horsepower. Does that make a difference to you? Sound system? Are the items on the SE worth the extra $2K?

Also, check the MSRP here at Edmunds or on the VW site.
  • Options
    libromanlibroman Member Posts: 2
    Oh it should be 18640, the SE has cruise control and more power.Yes I think in a long run I will prefer a 2.5 engine. Is 20,000 a good price?
  • Options
    iwantacarnowiwantacarnow Member Posts: 8

I received quotes for two models this time: 2014 SE conn/sun (auto)and 2014 SEL (auto). How do these look? I actually got the guy to come down, after they sent this quote, to $20,518 on the vehicle selling price for the SE. @stever @rrocks

SE.jpg 79.9K
    SEL.jpg 105.6K
  • Options
    pika206pika206 Member Posts: 2

@libroman, both will be fine, but if you could get either for the same price, does that sway you to the 2013 se? we bought our 2013 se for 18,000 and it had leatherette seats and steering wheel.

• Options
    ksmoksmo Member Posts: 11

2014 Jetta SE with Connectivity, Automatic. Couple of port installed accessories, i.e. winter mats, etc. MSRP $23,055, paid $18,800 before taxes, 0.9% APR also. $4,255 discount from sticker. Hope this helps someone. You probably could have done a little better if you wanted to haggle back and forth for a week. VW is pretty aggressive, wanting to move '14 models off the lots.

• Options
    straman17straman17 Member Posts: 63
    Has anyone taken advantage of the year end model discounts. I have seen some dealers advertise 4K off MSRP but have been toward this is only towards the purchase? I think it seems a bit misleading?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,302
    ksmo said:

2014 Jetta SE with Connectivity, Automatic. Couple of port installed accessories, i.e. winter mats, etc. MSRP $23,055, paid $18,800 before taxes, 0.9% APR also. $4,255 discount from sticker. Hope this helps someone. You probably could have done a little better if you wanted to haggle back and forth for a week. VW is pretty aggressive, wanting to move '14 models off the lots.

Wow. .sounds like a great deal!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    rtrdadrtrdad Member Posts: 1
    I am a new Jetta owner! Traded my 2014 Versa S on a 2014 Jetta S. Got 5k off the Jetta MSRP of 17,790 on year end close out. No comparison in the 2 cars. The Jetta gives me a lot more bang for the buck for sure. The Versa has its place and served me well but Jetta is a lot more car for the money.
  • Options
    14jettas14jettas Member Posts: 1
    So was the 14 jetta 12,790? Did that include doc fees etc? Or was it that price because you are including money from your trade in? Sounds like a great deal, just wondering the deets. Thx!!