Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 QX60 Hybrid Loses power on Acceleration

manitobaqx60manitobaqx60 Member Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in INFINITI

Hi ,
Am the proud owner of a QX60 Hybrid. Love the vehicle, but one issue is really driving me crazy. When you need to accelerate and put the "Pedal to the metal" the vehicle consistently suffers almost an immediate power loss. Its like the old days when I was first learning how to drive a standard, and a dropped the clutch too quickly.

It makes you think the vehicle is going to stall.

I brought to my local dealers attention, and they were able to replicate on other Hybrids as well. Apparently its consistent across the whole product line.They checked with National and they confirmed its normal behaviour.

Its a little scary, as the vehicle literally hesitates - which when you're making a left turn, or going across oncoming traffic, makes you worry.... Certainly not something I've experienced driving other manufacturer's hybrids.

I made a youtube video so people could see for themselves:
http://youtu.be/nxfQw2S6m00

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas or suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

I checked the TSBs for this car and didn't see anything.

I would ask to drive one from dealer inventory and if it doesn't behave that way, then ask the dealer to set up an appointment with a factory technician if they're stumped. By all means be sure this complaint is recorded "on paper" in case it requires multiple visits.

• Options
    manitobaqx60manitobaqx60 Member Posts: 2

Thank you for the suggestions!

• Options
    palmetto321palmetto321 Member Posts: 12

Hi - I'm actually on my 2nd QX60 Hybrid loaner in a span of 2 weeks (I own a G37), and I've noticed that both of them do this exact thing. It is bizarre.