Options

Service traction Control & Engine Power Reduced. Chevy Impala.

jljeglajljegla Member Posts: 1
edited June 2014 in Chevrolet

Sounds like a lot of people are getting this same message for their Chevy Impalas. Today, I got the same thing. I have an '08 Chevy Impala with less than 50,000 miles on it. I'm not happy. I hoping that my regular auto repair guy can fix this, because I don't want to have to drive this car an hour away to have a dealership work on it and charge way more money.

I'm thinking that with something like this, that they would recall the dang cars!!

Comments

• Options
    cgittmancgittman Member Posts: 2
    Agree with you. I'm having the same issues with my 2007 impala.
  • Options
    2012_impala2012_impala Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    Today is the fourth time Since march I am having my 2012 impala (23000 miles) towed for the same problem. Traction control light comes in and then shutting down engine warning comes on. I have had the car in my possession less than 72 hours since march. They first changed the ECM, had back a day towed again, did some other work, had it back 12 hours towed again. This time they changed the lower half of the engine saying it was getting low compression. Towed again, this time they put a brand new crate engine in. Got it back yesterday, went to start it up, that's write, traction control light and shutting engine down again. Sitting here waiting for the wrecker as I type this. Seems to be an issue ???
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    edited June 2014

Hello 2012_impala,

I'm sorry to hear of your repeat concerns! I can certainly understand how discouraging this can be. If any assistance is needed on our end, please don't hesitate to reach out to us! You may send an email to socialmedia@gm.com.

Andraya
    GM Customer Care

• Options
    fetcher29fetcher29 Member Posts: 2

Engine reduce power code is dangerous and puts innocent peoples lives in jeopardy. 

I will start throwing parts at my 2008 Chevy Impala. * I just drive it locally because it is not road worthy* 

TAKE IT TO THE DEALER IS ALL THE ADVISE YOU GIVE PEOPLE? 

The dealers are over priced! Example; aftermarket  throttle body $134.00 / throttle petal sensor $77.00 = $211.00

With that being said .5 is the actual time to replace both parts @ $80 shop rate the bill should be $251.00  HOW DOES GM JUSTIFY A $800.00 BILL AS POSTED ON THIS FORUM?

HELL IF GM DOESN'T SELL A AUTOMOBILE IN 2015 THEY WILL STILL SHOW RECORD PROFITS JUST BECAUSE OF OVER PRICED  SERVICE DEPARTMENTS! !! 

• Options
    jalemonjalemon Member Posts: 1
    We have an 08' impala, problems since day one. Recall on rear tire, 40,000 miles. To much oil consumption around 75,000. Busted camshaft 78,000 engine pulled. Luckily we bought extended warranty. About 7 months later we started getting reduced engine power signals, car shuts down. This has left us in a few very unsafe predicaments. For the last two years I have gone back and forth with the dealer over this issue. First it was the gas pedal sensor p2138, then throttle position sensor p2135 the next couple of times. Gm sent out a service bulletin on that one. I am on my second throttle sensor and have the same problem. Took it in today and now its the gas pedal p2138. And to top it off, I just fixed the shifter sensor because the key was stuck and it was getting stuck in park. The black wire was loose (park release). The purple wire was cut in half ( key release). Pulled wires out of plastic clip, fixed them up, reconnected and have no issues. Please help with reduce engine power.
  • Options
    huffer123huffer123 Member Posts: 2
    I'm not a mechanic, but I noticed that when the notification came on, I had been driving at highway speed for some time. I had come from Minnesota to Missouri and there was a temperature difference of about 40 degrees. I noticed the sensor on my tire pressure was reading 40 lbs. on one tire, 35 on another. I had filled the tires to 33 in cold weather. When I took the pressure down to 33 on all tires, it seemed to solve the issue. I hope this works for you. Good luck.
  • Options
    huffer123huffer123 Member Posts: 2
    Never mind previous comments about tire pressure. Got about 15 minutes of driving, and started up again. Sorry