Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Dealer fees, doc fees and acquisition fees on leases.

markymarktmarkymarkt Member Posts: 75
edited November 2014 in General
I'm in the process of leasing a vehicle but was wondering if I can ask the dealer to roll all the fees into the lease payment. I just want to pay the first month up front and drive off. I would at least like to roll the acquisition fees into the monthly lease payment. Is that recommended or possible?
2018 Toyota Rav4

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    GMartinez8604GMartinez8604 Member Posts: 13

Hello. I would like to piggyback of this original post as well regarding paying dealer fees upfront.

My question is, how does one properly ask for fees to be paid upfront? Is the a special process in which the fees and taxes or separated from the bill of sale?

I recently bought a new car in Virginia (23462) and requested fees and taxes to be paid separately from the price of the car, however, the total amount of fees and taxes were not really broken out but instead, the dealer put me down as making a down-payment in the total amount of fees and taxes. Is that typically how it is done? I am unable to find this answer directly online. Hopefully some one can help clarify.

Kind Regards
    GM8604

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,533

Hello. I would like to piggyback of this original post as well regarding paying dealer fees upfront.

My question is, how does one properly ask for fees to be paid upfront? Is the a special process in which the fees and taxes or separated from the bill of sale?

I recently bought a new car in Virginia (23462) and requested fees and taxes to be paid separately from the price of the car, however, the total amount of fees and taxes were not really broken out but instead, the dealer put me down as making a down-payment in the total amount of fees and taxes. Is that typically how it is done? I am unable to find this answer directly online. Hopefully some one can help clarify.

Kind Regards

GM8604

In VA, you pay taxes on the selling price of the vehicle, regardless of lease or buy. What the dealer did is normal. How they put it on paper is irrelevant. If fees and taxes are $2000, and you gave them $2000 + the first payment upfront, then you've paid the fees and taxes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator