Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lincoln Navigator Interior Lights and Gauges

brownrl26brownrl26 Member Posts: 2
Just purchased a used 2005 Navigator. Just noticed the fuel door warning light stays on, but the fuel door is closed...any way to shut this off.

Comments

• Options
    brownrl26brownrl26 Member Posts: 2
    Ok, sorry everyone...turns out this light is just to let you know which side the gas tank is located.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    That sounds like a bit of overkill unless you have dual tanks perhaps.

Most cars I've seen lately just have a little triangle near the gas gauge to remind you which side of the car the filler is on. I use them all the time, since my two cars have the filler on opposite sides (naturally!). A light burning all the time might make me find a little piece of electrical tape to put over it. :P
  • Options
    dfevoladfevola Member Posts: 1
    the seatbelt light came on and would not go off. when i brought it to the dealer they said that when they ran a test ,the seatbelt on the passenger side was unplugged -that something must have become lodged under the seat ,causing it to come apart -that this was not covered under warranty and they would have to take the seat out to plug it back in - I looked at the seat when I picked it up- there is plenty of room to work on this without taking the seat out. Am I correct that they did not have to take the seat out to fix this minor problem?
  • Options
    gmann77gmann77 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2003 Lincoln navigator, the back light illuminator on my switches i.e. radio, steering wheel, all switches quit working. The fuse is fine any odeas what it might be?

Thanks
  • Options
    elos6thelos6th Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I have the same problem with my 2004 Lincoln Navigator. I checked the fuses and all are fine. Did you ever figure out how to fix this problem, I would love to hear about it.
    Thanks
  • Options
    owner2004owner2004 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone out there ever have door panels off the nav or the radio out to see how the back ligthing system works on the swicthes
  • Options
    al_sooneral_sooner Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem as well did anyone get this fixed?
  • Options
    fyneazzricanfyneazzrican Member Posts: 1
    did any one find out the problem yet i tried all kinds of stuff and no luck
  • Options
    dsaunders2dsaunders2 Member Posts: 4
    lots of questions not much in answers does any one no were to go to for answers to navigator problems?
    thanks
    ednnis
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited February 2015
    What's your issue? Sometimes we have more activity from "techs" over in Edmunds Answers.